aintnosaint
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Charles Gross: from Hermes to TJ MAxx - Part 5

Post by aintnosaint »

ApplesThatRead wrote:
Seasoninhell wrote:When will he understand that he’s just not dateable at this point in his life? If he’s asked what’s he’s doing with his life, what his goals are, what his interests are, what does even he say?

Date: where’d you go to college?
Charles: I dropped out at the end of my first semester five years ago.
Date: oh ok. I mean, college isn’t for everyone. What have you been doing since? Just working?
Charles: *crickets*

Even if you’re drop dead gorgeous, sitting at home all day for five years post-high school like a low income kid on summer break is seriously unattractive. He needs to figure his life out before he starts seriously dating. Stick to hookups, Charles.
I don't think he's un-dateable right now.... but the kind of guys he seems to want are not guys he is eligible to get. He do not understand he is an average at best looking gay man in 2018 and not an exceptionally pretty woman in 1956. He cannot just bail on his own life and set up shop in somebody else's. He want this rich doctor or surgeon or wallstreet executive who is charismatic, charming, sweep him off his feet and buy him expensive gifts.... but why that man want him? He is 22 year old college drop out living with parents who pay all his bills... his life is (not to be mean, but be real) going nowhere and he think a relationship is a vehicle to "escape" from that. What a doctor going to do with Charles tho? Let Charles leave his parents house just to move in with him so HE can pay all charles' bills and buy Charles all these designer goods?? While Charles continue to sit around all day and do nothing?

I just find it interesting he thinks people want to "use" him for his ~300k subscribers (of which currently only 11k are actually watching, but okay) but the truth is he want to use other people to make himself successful in ways he not personally capable. Shame you go from "I want to be a doctor!" to being unable to admit he is so weak of spirit he cannot even go to school when it fully paid for with no conditions at a less than competitive college. I feel so bad for his mom like I get she may want to spare Charles's feelings but can you imagine how disappointed she really is? She not even homophobic or anything like that, all she want is her child to go to school and be educated, she do everything in her power to provide that, yet he incapable of even showing up to school.

If you are asian you get this joke, but I'm telling my fiancé we need to stop using the dishwasher too now or we will become weak like Charles Gross.

this is so true i cant even :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Seasoninhell
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Seasoninhell »

Oh look - another self-indulgent skin care video that will get 12k views max

CocoaPrincess
Debater
Debater

Post by CocoaPrincess »

Looks more like a Fresh ad to me.
He probably hopes to get noticed and sponsored.
That video was so cringy. Does he really think a 'medical dermatologist' isn't in it for the money at all ? If that was the case they would have sent him home and told him to stop wasting their time instead of enabling him by giving him a prescription for something he doesn't need.

Also his mom 100% noticed his undereye. That actually totally happened.

Delet This
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Delet This »

For all his boasting he had noticeable eye bags and puffiness in his skin care video.

Also remember when he used to use Caudelie and Algenist? And wouldn't shut the fck up about them? Now that he only makes a few hundred a month he can only brag about the brands that send him free deluxe trial sizes since that's all he has : ( when fresh stops giving him .5oz freebies he'll stop mentioning them too

Anise
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Anise »

Yeah I remember him raving about the Caudalie serum in every fucking video. Sephora had it as one of the bday freebies and I got it. I honestly hated it, it smells bad, its super sticky and doesn't absorb, I gave it to my mom and she likes it. Its made for older skin. He just runs his mouth about shit and recommends shit he knows nothing about. Yeah let me get injections all over my face and then rave about a serum, fuck off Charles. Your skin care routine means absolutely nothing, stay hydrated with mango juice :rofl: :rofl:

sceptres
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by sceptres »

He's an idiot who is completely manipulated by marketing. He buys overpriced moisturizers full of filler ingredients and screams "OMG YOU GUYS THIS COMPLETELY CHANGED MY SKIN!!!". 2 weeks later after the placebo effect wears off he goes and buys the next overpriced shitty cream and the cycle repeats...
Literally the only thing in his routine that actually makes a difference is tretinoin because that's an active ingredient. It's an acid. All those other products are just pointless moisturizers he buys to feel like a bougie woman. I guess expensive skincare products are the only luxury items he can actually afford now so that explains it. Also LOL at him saying his lips are natural now and the only thing he uses is Chapstick. He really thinks we're stupid. His lips literally look like a baboon's anus.

PetitHaut
Talker
Talker

Post by PetitHaut »

Anise wrote:Yeah I remember him raving about the Caudalie serum in every fucking video. Sephora had it as one of the bday freebies and I got it. I honestly hated it, it smells bad, its super sticky and doesn't absorb, I gave it to my mom and she likes it. Its made for older skin. He just runs his mouth about shit and recommends shit he knows nothing about. Yeah let me get injections all over my face and then rave about a serum, fuck off Charles. Your skin care routine means absolutely nothing, stay hydrated with mango juice :rofl: :rofl:
There's so much fragrance in these Caudalie products, it's disgusting.

CocoaPrincess
Debater
Debater

Post by CocoaPrincess »

That 'what I got for my birthday' video once again made zero sense, him going on about nothing, it's getting hard to follow. But it's almost getting to the point where anything he says means the opposite, that's how much he contradicts himself. What does that tell us about his family then ?
I can safely say we will definately get to see what he got for his birthday, even though he thinks it is 'tacky' (the lack of self awareness here is almost too much).
When he showed the perfume samples as 'proof' that he went out, I imagined that his life is so depressing that it'd make for a great movie. Imagine seeing this video and then it cuts to him ordering perfume samples online, begging for a ridiculous laundry sponsorship or even making it up entirely, sitting on the bathroom floor...

Cowbway
Informer
Informer

Post by Cowbway »

He just posted his birthday commercial, ooops I mean video. A three minute cleanly ad with a bunch of blah blah it's my birthday, I went out but I didn't film anything wrapped around it. Like literally zero content. Chacha wanting a gold star for taking a shower in a record 10 minutes! Offering advice to anyone who works or goes to school to "see how fast you can take a shower!" 10 minutes is a normal amount of time to take a shower. I've taken one in three minutes before when pressed. This douche is operating in a whole different galaxy. It's going to be interesting to see what he does in two years when YouTube completely revamps it's advertising policies and allows advertisers to direct their ads exactly where they want them placed cutting out all the smaller channels almost entirely. It's already heading that way. The recent changes are only the beginning. Youtube is starting to realize what other media has learned over the past 100 years. Advertisers rule. What they say goes. The current model is a flash in the pan anomaly as the new media grows and tries to keep it's feet under it.

Cowbway
Informer
Informer

Post by Cowbway »

And who does he think he's kidding that he's just not going to show what he got for his birthday because he's not about that and that it's "incredibly tacky." This from the guy who did a "what I got for Christmas" video and shows off every single major purchase he makes on his channel. ROTFL! He started to say "Stuff, is not something....." And caught himself. What he was going to say is "Stuff is not something to be shown off in a video" but then he realized how hypocritical that would sound since it's essentially all that he does. The real reason he's not showing what he gets is because it's an indicator to viewers of just how middle class his family really is. I mean if they were as rich as he makes them out then we would be expecting Patek Phillipe watches and gifts at the every least in the thousands of dollars range right? I mean even kids whose parents are like doctors and earn $600,000 plus would be getting gifts in that range. Chacha knows we'd look at what he got and think, "hey, I thought they were rich?"'

Cowbway
Informer
Informer

Post by Cowbway »

He also needs a Teleprompter if he's going to continue doing sponsorships. You could see him reading the cue card he made like he was on Saturday Night Live. Is it so hard to remember two sentences at a time and then edit it together?

postmatesandpasta
Talker
Talker

Post by postmatesandpasta »

It’s his birthday and all he did was go to saks with his mom and sister? ... All the 20 year olds I know throw some sort of party, or go on a mini vacation, or even meet up with a friend and go for drinks and go dancing?!

but no... he timed himself taking a shower, serviced his ugly watch and watched his sister get car sick on the way home from shopping at a department store.

Rough.

Seasoninhell
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Seasoninhell »

It’s been weird to watch him go from a seemingly functional, promising young adult two-three years ago to this dysfunctional, “special ed” man child for whom the bar is so low that taking an 11 minute shower is an accomplishment. His brain is rotting.

Seasoninhell
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Seasoninhell »

And the fact that he feels the need to prove he actually went out demonstrates how well aware he is of his online reputation: that of a lying loser who sequesters himself in his parents’ dingy UWS apt. That’s who he is, though.

I don’t think I enjoy the train wreck anymore. I actually want him to turn his life around.

sceptres
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by sceptres »

There's a fucking hole in his wall.
#antique #vintage #prewar #youwouldn'tunderstand

nopenevernah
Talker
Talker

Post by nopenevernah »

Seasoninhell wrote:It’s been weird to watch him go from a seemingly functional, promising young adult two-three years ago to this dysfunctional, “special ed” man child for whom the bar is so low that taking an 11 minute shower is an accomplishment. His brain is rotting.
Right? Sometimes his old videos are auto-played on my tv so I listen while doing work. Yesterday it was a 2015 video of him saying how stupid watches are, and how he never understood the appeal.

His birthday is soooo depressing. He’s like a kid. His title is “what I got for my birthday?” But in the video he doesn’t mention anything. Probably because his parents didn’t give him shit since they’re trying to ween him off possessions. But it was so sad to hear him say “oh I kept telling my family I didn’t want a gift” and that all he wanted was to spend time with them. He wants so badly to believe it. And going to Saks on his birthday but only getting Chanel samples?? How times have changed for him.

In all sincerity It’s really sad to see how empty and lonely his life is.

nopenevernah
Talker
Talker

Post by nopenevernah »

I am stoned so apologies for the double post but you know when you have real shit to do, and you put off doing the really mundane stuff like fixing your watch or returning a jacket you bought online?

Can you imagine if you didn’t have any of the real stuff and ALL you had to do today was go and get your watch repaired? And every single day was like that? You’d go nuts.

Who would want that? But it’s Charles’ life. And he thinks we are jealous of it.

His lack of substance is brutal to watch

Seasoninhell
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Seasoninhell »

Yup. His day to day revolves around running errands and feeling accomplished and spent after checking everything off the list.

Lolokwow
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Lolokwow »

nopenevernah wrote:I am stoned so apologies for the double post but you know when you have real shit to do, and you put off doing the really mundane stuff like fixing your watch or returning a jacket you bought online?

Can you imagine if you didn’t have any of the real stuff and ALL you had to do today was go and get your watch repaired? And every single day was like that? You’d go nuts.

Who would want that? But it’s Charles’ life. And he thinks we are jealous of it.

His lack of substance is brutal to watch

Yeah I’m on a gap year before I start post grad school in August and even though I have a little mundane job, it’s nerve wrecking have soooo much free time with no real tasks or work to get through, and with friends being in school still it’s a bit isolating. I’ve found myself constantly picking up hobbies (reading more books, learning a new language, taking mini travel trips) just to keep myself from going nuts.

And here we have Charles, living in NYC, filled with things to do and he can barely bring himself to get out of bed majority of the time. No friends and even his family can’t be bothered with him anymore. He’s broke. Stopped working out. Its beyond sad watching his videos

kikicoco
Informer
Informer

Post by kikicoco »

Yeah Charles lets try taking a shower in less than 5 minutes, cause you are running from your 2nd job to go to class. Oh wait... you have a whole day for yourself and still manage to make your shower highlight of your day! Tragic + comical at the same time.

Return to “Charles Gross”