Wallflower
Wallflower
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Lesser known FEMALE Fitness YT/IGers- Part 7

Post by wineandcheese »

regina_giddens wrote:
treelee wrote:
wineandcheese wrote:Okay, anyone follow aubernutter? It's the same whiny shit every day. I honestly feel BAD for "hating" on her, because she is a genuinely kind person, but she has 0 accountability for herself and is always looking for pity.
She keeps posting about her bad body image/self esteem, anxiety eating disorder,,etc., but does nothing to help it. She relies on social media for feeling good about herself. Yesterday, she posted she was going to start today fresh and get back into following her macros and being "fitness" again, and then tweets that she took a laxative. It comes across as extremely disordered, and of course, just another post about why "life sucks" for her.
I'm mad at myself for caring so much about what this fitspo does, but I truly don't know how much longer you can be the victim of your own life before people catch on. I WANT her to be better and to be in a mentally stable place where she loves life, but at the same time, I don't know if she really even wants that for herself. It's just a shit show to watch.
I don't feel bad for hating on her. She uses the eating disorder recovery community on IG (lol what a fucked up world that is... which is another story) to up her following but has no shame posting about triggers like talking about laxative use knowing full well she has vulnerable followers. She needs to take that shit off IG and find someone to talk to.
I followed her on tumblr literally 4 years ago and she was exactly the same. I feel bad that she struggles but it's been the same shit the whole time and after a while I lose sympathy. Get it together.
TRUE. I started following her waaaay back in the tumblr days. I'm talking with she had less than 10,000 likes on instagram. She really took off quickly and I think it all went to her head. She also tweeted about how her follower count has stayed the same for over a year.I honestly think she doesn't know a life without social media and is afraid of a life without her social media following... and everyone knows the disordered tumblr girls will hang onto their disorders as long as possible to maintain some popularity. It's so twisted. I just can't find a single ounce of sympathy in me anymore. She really needs help.

VonTrappJediMaster
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by VonTrappJediMaster »

ilychee wrote:Does anyone know what Karina Elle eats/does for skincare? She has such glowy flawless skin. It can't just be exercise, because there a lot of fitspo who workout and don't have great skin. Even when I cut out unprocessed foods for a while and get my sweat on, my skin still doesn't look great. :(
Angels caress and wash her skin every morning with their tears while doing Buddhist chants.

japeterson42
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by japeterson42 »

Does maryana have her own page?
lmaooo

waffle_luver5
Informer
Informer

Post by waffle_luver5 »

japeterson42 wrote:Does maryana have her own page?
is she really interesting enough to deserve one? (the answer is no)

Post by Guest »

waffle_luver5 wrote:
japeterson42 wrote:Does maryana have her own page?
is she really interesting enough to deserve one? (the answer is no)
she's mentioned occasionally in sam james' thread!

Post by Guest »

heelerms wrote:So, I feel like none of the bigger female fitness youtubers (the ones that have their own threads here) are competing this year (correct me if I'm wrong?). Are there any smaller youtubers competing this year that any of you are watching?
I feel like competing is becoming passé. N with all the rebounds that happened to some of the girls, *cough cough* Sam, Emily, Bucci, Marie, pple arent as interested in diving in.
That being said, keep an eye out for Carrissa Bluth, she hasn’t started yet but I think she’ll do a show around july.

Von_Haute
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Von_Haute »

Le sigh wrote:
heelerms wrote:So, I feel like none of the bigger female fitness youtubers (the ones that have their own threads here) are competing this year (correct me if I'm wrong?). Are there any smaller youtubers competing this year that any of you are watching?
I feel like competing is becoming passé. N with all the rebounds that happened to some of the girls, *cough cough* Sam, Emily, Bucci, Marie, pple arent as interested in diving in.
That being said, keep an eye out for Carrissa Bluth, she hasn’t started yet but I think she’ll do a show around july.
I'm currently semi-following Lainey (Lex's wife) because she's prepping for a show. Bethy Tomlinson is also going to do one soon.
Sorry for what I say when I'm hungry.

letmetellyou
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by letmetellyou »

i'm watching two youtubers who are competing this year, but they are very small and kind of boring, haha - kelly yager and kelsey douglas.

ghoulish_babe
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ghoulish_babe »

Is it just me, or is Natacha Oceane's new video really fake? I usually like her, but this just seemed very staged to me.

RoseGoldBeats
Debater
Debater

Post by RoseGoldBeats »

ghoulish_babe wrote:Is it just me, or is Natacha Oceane's new video really fake? I usually like her, but this just seemed very staged to me.
THANK YOU. She's also perpetuating this idea that after one day of dieting your strength will suddenly nosedive. Yes, pre-workout carbohydrates are important for performance, but she was still eating carbs - just less of them.

Of course, I'd never recommend anyone slash their calories in half, and by the end of the seven days she might have been feeling it, but even that extreme of a diet wouldn't immediately affect your training performance in the way she suggested. It all seemed very put-on to me. "I'm so WEAK!" Look at me, so frail and starved on 1,400 calories!"

Of course, maybe this is just coming from my place of jealousy toward anyone who can do crazy calisthentic shit and eat almost 3k calories a day while maintaining visible abs.

Zomgirl
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Zomgirl »

RoseGoldBeats wrote:
ghoulish_babe wrote:Is it just me, or is Natacha Oceane's new video really fake? I usually like her, but this just seemed very staged to me.
THANK YOU. She's also perpetuating this idea that after one day of dieting your strength will suddenly nosedive. Yes, pre-workout carbohydrates are important for performance, but she was still eating carbs - just less of them.

Of course, I'd never recommend anyone slash their calories in half, and by the end of the seven days she might have been feeling it, but even that extreme of a diet wouldn't immediately affect your training performance in the way she suggested. It all seemed very put-on to me. "I'm so WEAK!" Look at me, so frail and starved on 1,400 calories!"

Of course, maybe this is just coming from my place of jealousy toward anyone who can do crazy calisthentic shit and eat almost 3k calories a day while maintaining visible abs.
To piggy back on this, so much of it is mental. People think they're "supposed" to feel weaker on a deficit and surprise, they end up losing strength. I haven't eaten over 30g of carbs/day in a month and I'm still hitting PRs in the gym. Cut volume but keep intensity and strength loss should be minimal. Claiming otherwise is ignorant af.

beachkitty22
Learner
Learner

Post by beachkitty22 »

Zomgirl wrote:
RoseGoldBeats wrote:

To piggy back on this, so much of it is mental. People think they're "supposed" to feel weaker on a deficit and surprise, they end up losing strength. I haven't eaten over 30g of carbs/day in a month and I'm still hitting PRs in the gym. Cut volume but keep intensity and strength loss should be minimal. Claiming otherwise is ignorant af.
Probably becuase your body has adapted to using ketones instead of glucose for energy!! Ketones are actually being researched as a new energy source. If youre not keto-adapted and you’re reducing calories yes you will feel weaker due to muscle degradation and less glycogen in the muscle stores.

beachkitty22
Learner
Learner

Post by beachkitty22 »

Obviously muscle degredation is long term but immediately, less muscle glycogen (available energy in the muscle) will cause you to feel weaker

Zomgirl
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Zomgirl »

beachkitty22 wrote:Probably becuase your body has adapted to using ketones instead of glucose for energy!! Ketones are actually being researched as a new energy source. If youre not keto-adapted and you’re reducing calories yes you will feel weaker due to muscle degradation and less glycogen in the muscle stores.
beachkitty22 wrote:Obviously muscle degredation is long term but immediately, less muscle glycogen (available energy in the muscle) will cause you to feel weaker
"muscle degradation" isn't a thing, so I don't know what you're on about, and no, less glycogen will not affect your strength, it will affect your endurance.

nicolethib
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by nicolethib »

Does anyone here follow @fit_karleej on insta? I honestly have 0 clue how she's a pro. She also got a boob job a few months back and, not only are they extremely too large for her frame, but one looks way higher than the other in some of her pictures :?

wilmadawn
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by wilmadawn »

RoseGoldBeats wrote:

i haven't watched the video yet but idk, not everyone *can* eat that much and not blow up. its great for her, but not everyone has the ability to train their metabolism like that. everyone is just so different, it seems like a lot of time these girls try to lump everyone into one. i do agree that 1400 calories per day is not sustainable but I would also blow up if i ate 2800.

Imacoolmom88
Informer
Informer

Post by Imacoolmom88 »

wilmadawn wrote:
RoseGoldBeats wrote:

i haven't watched the video yet but idk, not everyone *can* eat that much and not blow up. its great for her, but not everyone has the ability to train their metabolism like that. everyone is just so different, it seems like a lot of time these girls try to lump everyone into one. i do agree that 1400 calories per day is not sustainable but I would also blow up if i ate 2800.
OMG I JUST CAME TO THIS FORUM TO COMMENT ON THIS VIDEO LOL!!! I FOUND THIS VIDEO SOOOOOO OBNOXIOUS.

I find it so weird how she obsesses over eating so many calories. It's true, the majority of women at maintenance around 2000/day. She is quite tall and trains at an extreme level 5 or 6 days a week. I understand advocating not always being in a deficit or dieting, but like give me a break "i usually eat 3 of these deserts.... i eat 4 pieces of bread with cheese" - screw off.

[shesaidit]
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by [shesaidit] »

Yeah... speaking of crazy macros. Some tiny youtuber Lexi DeYoung popped up on my suggested and she's claiming to eat over 4000 cal. Something like 400 something carbs and almost 200g of fat a day. She's tiny I don't see how. Doesn't show her actually eating the food so makes me wonder. She's "recovered" from an ED and it seems far enough along that she wouldn't still have some crazy refeeding metabolism. I know it was a thing in certain recovery community circles to basically brag about eating 4000 cal or whatever and not gaining any or at least extraordinary amounts of weight. I think most of these people were lying or exaggerating the truth. Idk maybe she really does have that metabolism... but that begs the question hyperthyroidism?

Imacoolmom88
Informer
Informer

Post by Imacoolmom88 »

treelee wrote:Yeah... speaking of crazy macros. Some tiny youtuber Lexi DeYoung popped up on my suggested and she's claiming to eat over 4000 cal. Something like 400 something carbs and almost 200g of fat a day. She's tiny I don't see how. Doesn't show her actually eating the food so makes me wonder. She's "recovered" from an ED and it seems far enough along that she wouldn't still have some crazy refeeding metabolism. I know it was a thing in certain recovery community circles to basically brag about eating 4000 cal or whatever and not gaining any or at least extraordinary amounts of weight. I think most of these people were lying or exaggerating the truth. Idk maybe she really does have that metabolism... but that begs the question hyperthyroidism?

When you train to a point where you can expend that many calories - the effects of overexertion/ increase in cortisol etc would outweigh the benefits. As someone who formerly had exercise bulimia (Basically binge and exercise it off), this reminds me of that. I

Scientifically you can't train your metabolism to be "soooo fast" like fitness youtubers would make you believe. It's determined by the amount of muscle mass you have, your TDEE, your NEAT, and the amount you exercise. THATS IT. If you eat in an EXTREME deficit, yes you can mess it up, but for the most part, eating 4000 calories a day doesn't speed it up, aside form the the extra calories you burn metabolizing food....

Healthyish85
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Healthyish85 »

wow, angles are everything:

But PLEASE understand - i am SOOO happy Caryn is not in prep for once! I think she looks MUCH better. I just was shocked that was her in this pic based on her own IG feed.

Return to “Technology”