My Cleaning & Organization Schedule + Tips for a Clean Home!

baconpancakes
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: My Cleaning & Organization Schedule + Tips for a Clean H

Post by baconpancakes »

There's no need to insult other posters, wtf ^

This whole subject is a serious reach. You guys are making it sound like she goes around with a giant garbage bag, emptying out her cupboards on a weekly basis. She said she throws out old takeout and food that's been in there too long. After about 7 days, most cooked/refrigerated food isn't safe to eat (potatoes/rice/chicken for ex.). Some things can't be frozen either so you have no choice but to toss it out.

If we're going to get into the subject of charity, why didn't anyone flip out over her getting rid of her clothes? People need clothes too, but I don't see anyone freaking about how she doesn't donate things. If hunger and poverty bother you then go donate your time and resources & do something about it. Bitching about Blair doesn't feed anyone either :?

Evolve
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Evolve »

It's hard to not throw out food that's gone bad when you live alone. Unless you only eat one thing or everything you eat is loaded with preservatives, you're going to have times when you buy a whole thing of celery and only use one stalk before it goes brown. Or buy a bag of tangerines and get sick of them when the bag is half full. Maybe you get the judging your tastes and limits thing perfected some day, but I'm not there yet so I don't expect Blair to be either. Someone starving in the world is sad, but it's not going to be helped by me eating week old fried rice if I'm not feeling it. And if you don't live alone, trust me, it's not the same.

She said she might have five doggie bags in her fridge at the end of the week but she didn't say those were five full meals of perfectly good food, maybe it's five boxes of picked over food she worked on all week. Maybe it's pizza crusts and leftover pita chips.

If you don't throw out anything, good for you, you win and save more money than those of us who do. But in the interest of keeping my fridge clean, I'm still going to go through it and clean it out every week. If you want my stale pizza crusts just give me your address and we'll work something out.

613kitten11
Learner
Learner

Post by 613kitten11 »

Evolve wrote:It's hard to not throw out food that's gone bad when you live alone. Unless you only eat one thing or everything you eat is loaded with preservatives, you're going to have times when you buy a whole thing of celery and only use one stalk before it goes brown. Or buy a bag of tangerines and get sick of them when the bag is half full. Maybe you get the judging your tastes and limits thing perfected some day, but I'm not there yet so I don't expect Blair to be either. Someone starving in the world is sad, but it's not going to be helped by me eating week old fried rice if I'm not feeling it. And if you don't live alone, trust me, it's not the same.

She said she might have five doggie bags in her fridge at the end of the week but she didn't say those were five full meals of perfectly good food, maybe it's five boxes of picked over food she worked on all week. Maybe it's pizza crusts and leftover pita chips.

If you don't throw out anything, good for you, you win and save more money than those of us who do. But in the interest of keeping my fridge clean, I'm still going to go through it and clean it out every week. If you want my stale pizza crusts just give me your address and we'll work something out.
So much of this. Restaurants often serve massive portions that you just can not finish, and sometimes the food tastes weird after being in the fridge, or it's not really particularly good for you so you don't want to eat it multiple times a week, or you just don't feel like having it. It happens and it's not a crime nor does it make her a bad person at all. It's not like Blair is buying a fridge full of food, not eating it on purpose, and then throwing it out for fun. Get over it.
Image Image

paintmedance
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by paintmedance »

I understand how it's hard to use up food, especially when you're only feeding yourself. But the subject still bothers me. About one third of our global food supply goes straight to waste. It's not just money, it's resources, and pollution. It bothers me. I didn't mean to offend anyone though. Lets drop it.

I do wish Blair would be more aware of this stuff since she has an audience. She did do that one eco video sponsored by that water bottle filter thing, anyone remember?

Silver Rose 39
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Silver Rose 39 »

paintmedance wrote: She did do that one eco video sponsored by that water bottle filter thing, anyone remember?
Yea I remember that one, she said that she'd wanted to make a video about the environment ever since she started her channel. It only took her 3 years and a sponsorship to get round to it. She also said that she was going to use the 'water bobble' everyday instead of her ordinary water bottle, she did a 'what's in my bag' a few weeks later and she had an ordinary water bottle. The water bobble was never seen or heard about again.

xxkath
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by xxkath »

Silver Rose 39 wrote:
paintmedance wrote: She did do that one eco video sponsored by that water bottle filter thing, anyone remember?
Yea I remember that one, she said that she'd wanted to make a video about the environment ever since she started her channel. It only took her 3 years and a sponsorship to get round to it. She also said that she was going to use the 'water bobble' everyday instead of her ordinary water bottle, she did a 'what's in my bag' a few weeks later and she had an ordinary water bottle. The water bobble was never seen or heard about again.
Hahaha! Classic Blair!

Evolve
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Evolve »

She did a video once about making little bags to give out to homeless people that wasn't sponsored. She did get some flack for it....or not so much flack as people fighting about what's appropriate to give to other people or whether it's appropriate to hand things out at all. At the end of the day it was a good video with good intention, but it kind of got lost in the Blair firestorm.

Peacelov3123
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Peacelov3123 »

When did Blair do this ? I think you are mistaken!

Evolve
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Evolve »

I can't access youtube from the computer I'm at now, but I'm 100% sure she did. It was called "DIY: Blessing Bags + Giving Back During The Holidays!"

Silver Rose 39
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Silver Rose 39 »

Peacelov3123 wrote:When did Blair do this ? I think you are mistaken!
They're not mistaken. Around this time 2 years ago, I think it was 2 years ago anyway, definately AFTER she moved to LA. Blair made a video basically saying that she's made a bunch of ziplock bags filled with travel size deodorant, mouthwash etc and said she was going to keep them in the back of her car to give out to homeless people, or something along those lines.

I went looking for the video, but blair must have deleted it.

Arielle
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Arielle »

Silver Rose 39 wrote:
Peacelov3123 wrote:When did Blair do this ? I think you are mistaken!
They're not mistaken. Around this time 2 years ago, I think it was 2 years ago anyway, definately AFTER she moved to LA. Blair made a video basically saying that she's made a bunch of ziplock bags filled with travel size deodorant, mouthwash etc and said she was going to keep them in the back of her car to give out to homeless people, or something along those lines.

I went looking for the video, but blair must have deleted it.
Yup, I remember that video too.

Peacelov3123
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Peacelov3123 »

Evolve wrote:I can't access youtube from the computer I'm at now, but I'm 100% sure she did. It was called "DIY: Blessing Bags + Giving Back During The Holidays!"
Found it thanks

Silver Rose 39
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Silver Rose 39 »

^^^That's why I couldn't find it, I was looking on the wrong channel. That was smart of me.

jewels931
Learner
Learner

Post by jewels931 »

I've been unsubscribed from her for so long she's moved and decorated her own place! :D But this popped in my 'What to Watch' or w/e tab and as someone who religiously follows cleaning and organising blogs, had to watch. The content (but alas not her voice) soothed the soul and made me vacuum my laptop's keyboard when I was done. I have quite a similar list to her's, only mine is laminated and inside the closet in my bedroom.

To some, it's seems crazy and somewhat OCD, but there are some good tips in there. I have a tendency to listen to audio books when I do a lot of cleaning, but I upload them to my ipod (have a smartphone but I don't use it) and certainly don't pay for them.

Return to “juicystar07”