crescent
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bratbeauty ( Bubzbeauty) General discussion Part 5

Post by crescent »

je-suis-jonx wrote:
crescent wrote:So I watched her new haul video and it was fine - until she described one of her pieces as being "duck egg" colour. Who the fuck says that? What's wrong with cream or white? I reallllly don't understand why YouTuber's feel the need to reach so far with the words they use to describe things.
To be fair, duck-egg blue is a fairly common colour, and the cardigan in question was a duck-egg shade, not cream/white.
My bad, I was a bit too quick to judge there! I'm surprised duck egg is actually a colour.

littlequeenie
Learner
Learner

Post by littlequeenie »

amuto_lover wrote:Her latest selfie though. :rofl: :rofl:
LOL she's trying so hard to look like Jessica from SNSD but failing miserably. And, of course, the top comments say "Oh you look just like Jessica!!".

Wat
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Wat »

I was scared for Isaac's safety in the latest vlog. Having a baby near dogs that are fighting . . . that's a no-no in my book.

UsedToLoveThem
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by UsedToLoveThem »

....that background.... why the hell did she "steal" the most unflattering of NikkieTutorial's background ideas two years too late?
That color is so unflattering.

And her contour looks really blotchy. Does she ever look into a mirror before she films?

wenjing
Learner
Learner

Post by wenjing »

UsedToLoveThem wrote:....that background.... why the hell did she "steal" the most unflattering of NikkieTutorial's background ideas two years too late?
That color is so unflattering.

And her contour looks really blotchy. Does she ever look into a mirror before she films?
I haven't watched many of her beauty videos or vlogs ever since she was pregnant with Issac but I've been reading this forum on and off. Wtf did I just watch!!? Her lighting was awful. And her closeups weren't even focused. No effort shown. She needs to move on from YouTube :x

princezuko
Informer
Informer

Post by princezuko »

Her contour probably looks blotchy because she uses one tool to do all of her face makeup. She uses the flat-top kabuki to do her foundation, bronzer, contour and blush. She shows you in her tutorial on how to contour and highlight...

I notice she is trying to show affection and teach, but keyword is trying. As a parent, everyone would be different in what they're comfortable with, but Lindy isn't the type to have to force herself for something like that. We saw her for years with her dogs, not even her own kin, and she acted to lively and loving towards them. I really hope things are better behind the scenes than what we see. I wonder how Isaac's gonna be as a teen. Keep this up and there will be hell to pay. When the angst kicks in, it'll be tenfold unless Lindy steps up to the mom plate :/

aphox1
Stalker
Stalker

Post by aphox1 »

Chubbi bit her in her last blog… I don't get how she could let her dogs near a baby. Also they had Isaac around very agitated dogs who were bearing teeth. Isaac has probably already been bitten in my opinion.

TiffanyMaxwell
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by TiffanyMaxwell »

This video April posted on her Insta is really disgusting.
Isaac looks completely upset as they are trying to feed him something, he has a runny nose and dirty face and instead of cleaning his nose, they are laughing at the bubbles his nose makes.. Wtf .. that's not funny at all. Who treats their kid that way ? He looks really sad.
<3

UsedToLoveThem
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by UsedToLoveThem »

princezuko wrote:Her contour probably looks blotchy because she uses one tool to do all of her face makeup. She uses the flat-top kabuki to do her foundation, bronzer, contour and blush. She shows you in her tutorial on how to contour and highlight...

I notice she is trying to show affection and teach, but keyword is trying. As a parent, everyone would be different in what they're comfortable with, but Lindy isn't the type to have to force herself for something like that. We saw her for years with her dogs, not even her own kin, and she acted to lively and loving towards them. I really hope things are better behind the scenes than what we see. I wonder how Isaac's gonna be as a teen. Keep this up and there will be hell to pay. When the angst kicks in, it'll be tenfold unless Lindy steps up to the mom plate :/
using one brush for everything is not a proper excuse imho... she's a beauty "guru" and on top of that she herself SELLS make up brushes! So what's the big deal with reaching for another clean contour brush?? that's like... 3 to 5 extra seconds spent doing make up. She's just lazy and probably never looks into a mirror.

pseudo1
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by pseudo1 »

This type of makeup used to suit her way better. ImageImageImage

TiffanyMaxwell
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by TiffanyMaxwell »

^ Truth. I don't think this is great work for a so called "make up guru", she has always done quite a bad job at make up, but she looked much better and fresher with her old style. Now she looks just like a moron. Why is she looking like a fool? I can't even stand her :roll:
<3

J'en ai marre
Informer
Informer

Post by J'en ai marre »

pseudo1 wrote:This type of makeup used to suit her way better. ImageImageImage
That fucking "frog smile" in pic number 2! Argh!!!

April26
Learner
Learner

Post by April26 »

Just check her latest video description:

"Here are my April favourites! I missed the last 2 monthly favourites because there wasn't enough products that impressed me enough to make a video." How long has it really been since she did a monthly favourites? She is always buying new things, she even got beauty products from her Singapore fans a few vlogs ago..!

And then this:

I'm off to sunny Spain (although the weather forecast doesn't look too promising uh oh) tomorrow. - Who else besides me thought that it's been waaaaay too long since princess Lindy had a vacation? --´The poor thing is about to die from all the hours she spends working her ass off everyday, right? :roll:

amuto_lover
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by amuto_lover »

Turns out Isaac has been abandoned by both his parents. Tim is going back to Hong Kong for 2 weeks for an illegitimate reason, and Lindy is going to Spain for 5 days. So Isaac is with his grandmother. Tim could have at least waited for Lindy to come back from Spain so Isaac could be with one of his parents, his mistress must have low patience.

The most shocking thing was that she admitted that she couldn't wait to leave Isaac and go to Spain because he was playing up.
The cow. I would love to see a parallel bubz who had fertility issues who would give anything for a baby.
She showed way more emotion to her dogs.

lila_
Lurker
Lurker

Post by lila_ »

LOL don't forget how she said that even though Tim's leaving, she still has the dogs for company and her mother-in-law to help. So what's Isaac supposed to be...? A chore for Tim's mother to help out with...? Plus, what is with the kdrama music in practically every vlog I've seen? Is this part of the whole my-life's-one-big-kdrama charade?

aulait
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by aulait »

LMAO frog smile, i personally hate when she does that typical angle where she makes her eyes look huge and smiles in a way that makes her entire top lip disappear :?

it's so incredible when you think about lindy and her fanbase. she has pretty much PERFECTLY tapped into a goldmine of 13-18 year old girls who share her exact "poop jokes are so funny xD omg isaac has snot bubbles and is crying ROFL" sense of humour. hence the "Bubz is an inspirational parent, you don't know what its like (despite these fans being children themselves and not parents)" defensive replies. she reminds me of graveyardgirl, they both have hugely immature and young fanbases, because this age range is the most likely audience to enjoy her content.

how did she even manage to source these people... i'm guessing that lots of us here are previous fans who slowly realized that she was immature and irresponsible, particularly with isaac coming into the picture. but honestly how the fuck is there still a big chunk of her fans who STILL haven't matured and realized that lindy's maturity is stuck at a standstill, and prob has been since she turned 20???

also i would like to discuss her 'makeup skills'. i know that lots of youtubers have a kind of signature look, but i'm tired of her consistently getting away with doing the SAME look with a new ditzy title. it's always some generic seasonal trend colour eyeshadow, downward slanting "puppy eyes" eyeliner, "highlighting my inner corners for a fresh look", having "dewy skin", filling in her "sparse" eyebrows and putting on some random korean lipstick for a "pop of colour". as well as an intro of awkward posing clips where some won't even be focused lol. literally all she does is recycle this look with a new title and a different colour shadow or lipstick. when has she showed us an actual different look? can she really call herself a makeup guru?

and i don't know if i missed this, but did she ever end up revealing the so called magic serum? or did she just stop talking about it seeing as even some of her own fans were like "but you made a whole video about accepting the imperfect me and now you did this"

chubcheeks
Talker
Talker

Post by chubcheeks »

aulait wrote:LMAO frog smile, i personally hate when she does that typical angle where she makes her eyes look huge and smiles in a way that makes her entire top lip disappear :?

it's so incredible when you think about lindy and her fanbase. she has pretty much PERFECTLY tapped into a goldmine of 13-18 year old girls who share her exact "poop jokes are so funny xD omg isaac has snot bubbles and is crying ROFL" sense of humour. hence the "Bubz is an inspirational parent, you don't know what its like (despite these fans being children themselves and not parents)" defensive replies. she reminds me of graveyardgirl, they both have hugely immature and young fanbases, because this age range is the most likely audience to enjoy her content.

how did she even manage to source these people... i'm guessing that lots of us here are previous fans who slowly realized that she was immature and irresponsible, particularly with isaac coming into the picture. but honestly how the fuck is there still a big chunk of her fans who STILL haven't matured and realized that lindy's maturity is stuck at a standstill, and prob has been since she turned 20???

also i would like to discuss her 'makeup skills'. i know that lots of youtubers have a kind of signature look, but i'm tired of her consistently getting away with doing the SAME look with a new ditzy title. it's always some generic seasonal trend colour eyeshadow, downward slanting "puppy eyes" eyeliner, "highlighting my inner corners for a fresh look", having "dewy skin", filling in her "sparse" eyebrows and putting on some random korean lipstick for a "pop of colour". as well as an intro of awkward posing clips where some won't even be focused lol. literally all she does is recycle this look with a new title and a different colour shadow or lipstick. when has she showed us an actual different look? can she really call herself a makeup guru?

and i don't know if i missed this, but did she ever end up revealing the so called magic serum? or did she just stop talking about it seeing as even some of her own fans were like "but you made a whole video about accepting the imperfect me and now you did this"
She actually did in one of her favourites video. Can't exactly remember which but as far as I remembered, it was REALLY expensive and she said something about even with duty free, it was expensive and she could only buy it at Heathrow and blablabla.

Wat
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Wat »

What ever happened to her brush line? RIP?

Noko
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Noko »

I'm watching her latest vlog (Teatox nightmare)

Holy shit. I'm so sick of seeing her cooking. She's just trying to show off how healthy she's eating now, because she was never that proud of the shit she ate before lmao. And did she seriously call that tomato paste for the pizza 'period paste'?... like did she really say that or did I mishear her? Because that's just... I was going to say like telling fart jokes but... it is lindy.
I wish she wouldn't record herself eating as well... I don't need to hear her food sloshing around in her gob through my headphones *cringe*.

Also, it might be because I've watched a lot of her vlogs but the way she raises her voice to this whiny pitch when she's talking about "my mother in law's there to help me with isaac so I'm gratefuuull" makes her sound really insincere. Like she's just saying it because she knows she's acting like a brat when she complains about having to take care of her child and has to cover the fact she feels entitled, not grateful.

Honestly, she should know better than to get teatoxes. They don't work, they're basically liquid laxatives that will make you lose some water weight but not actual weight. They're a complete scam.

Final thoughts when she was talking about missing isaac. She sounded surprised like it was the first time she actually missed him and felt like she achieved a milestone or something. Honestly... I don't think she'll miss isaac. She just says it for looks.
I bet you anything in the next vlog she'll include those stupid clips from her facebook. She has to make sure no one misses how funny and relatable she is.

Just to top off the post,

The bride to be is the one with her face hidden between Lindy and April lmao. Lindy's the type of friend that uploads a selfie as long as she looks good regardless of how anyone else looks.

bluebirdpie
Debater
Debater

Post by bluebirdpie »

Her son trips over and she replays it for her viewers for THEIR entertainment. Honestly makes me so angry. How would she like it if Tim took a video of her falling over and uploaded it onto the internet as a joke. Can't believe she's going to Spain for 5 days. Parenting is not easy but she makes it seem like a joke. I would never do that to my own kids unless it's a real emergency like I need to renew my visa or attend a funeral abroad.

Return to “Bubzbeauty”