Lady_Mary
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Kat von D - Hypocrisy

Post by Lady_Mary »

Hi girls,

here you go as requested and thanks to the awesome moderator HungoverinHighHeels, we are having our own Kat von D thread now, dedicated to her hypocritical behaviour.

Ramble away!

Lady Mary

Lady_Mary
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Re: Kat von D - Hypocrisy

Post by Lady_Mary »

The entire "Cecil the lion" incident and Kat von D's uneducated ramble has been documented nicely here.

http://www.vampyvarnish.com/2015/07/her ... ver-again/

Honest_Critic
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Honest_Critic »

Thank you - I also never found her cosmetics to be anything special :/ I never knew much about her til now and am thankful this thread exists! About damn time ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lady_Mary
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Lady_Mary »

PrettyLittleLiar wrote:
Lady_Mary wrote:The entire "Cecil the lion" incident and Kat von D's uneducated ramble has been documented nicely here.

http://www.vampyvarnish.com/2015/07/her ... ver-again/
That was an eye opener. I remember watching her on Miami Ink, and then on LA Ink. She's a brat, totally unprofessional with her staff. She's a great tattooist, she just needs to keep her mouth shut.

Bought her tattoo line trooper, big disappointment, not impressed with this eyeliner, I was expecting a game changer . Without a primer underneath you will get flaking, its not really matte and its not the best eyeliner ever. Still on the search for the perfect one!
I just got to know about this controversy and was flabbergasted! She is a real cherry picking vegan - apperently she has no problem not eating animals, but wearing them on her feet and decorating their "corpses" around her house - that a-OK with her. WOW! I was shocked! I mean I have never been a close follower of hers but the little I heard about her here in Europe, she seemed ok and I used to respect her views. Now this Cecil the lion talk was a game changer !

Plus her recent "Haters" video on youtube..... sob story ... Ugh and dont get me started on JeffStar or whatever his name is. I don't care if he is gay, bisexual or whatver. I don't care if he paints himself in all shadows of the rainbow. But the second he opens his mouth - Boy, that talk makes you soooo ugly!

Acutally, I am flying over to the US in a few weeks and was considering purchasing the light and shadows palette from KVD. After having read about her cecil the lion controversy, I refuse spending a DIME on her products...

DirtyMelodies
Informer
Informer

Post by DirtyMelodies »

Lady_Mary wrote:http://www.vampyvarnish.com/2015/07/her ... ver-again/
Excellent text. I wasn't aware of the whole Cecil trainwreck, as I don't follow her on Instagram. I think her makeup line seems okay (never really bought anything from it, only swatched it), I just don't care about her enough to follow her. I actually neither liked nor disliked Kat before this.

That rant she wrote feels very pompous and self-applauding. Not impressed.

Lady_Mary
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Lady_Mary »

Kat riding a Bentley with genuine leather seats and gushing over taxiderma

[youtube][/youtube]

WOW... THIS out of the mouth of a "true vegan"... my ass!

I wonder since when she is officially "vegan"....

Oh and here is her justification after the "cecil the lion" shit storm in July 2015

[youtube][/youtube]

DirtyMelodies
Informer
Informer

Post by DirtyMelodies »

Lady_Mary wrote: Acutally, I am flying over to the US in a few weeks and was considering purchasing the light and shadows palette from KVD. After having read about her cecil the lion controversy, I refuse spending a DIME on her products...
Girl, Anastasia Beverly Hills is where it's at.

Lady_Mary
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Lady_Mary »

DirtyMelodies wrote:
Lady_Mary wrote: Acutally, I am flying over to the US in a few weeks and was considering purchasing the light and shadows palette from KVD. After having read about her cecil the lion controversy, I refuse spending a DIME on her products...
Umm what? where is what at? Sorry for being slow... but i truly dont understand lol

DirtyMelodies
Informer
Informer

Post by DirtyMelodies »

Lady_Mary wrote:
Oh and here is her justification after the "cecil the lion" shit storm in July 2015

[youtube][/youtube]
Started listening, then she said "I'm not trying to apologize, I just want people to understand what the true message was..."

NOPE. Not wasting my time. I'm done.

Also, who the fuck LIKES taxidermy that much? It kind of freaks me the fuck out.

DirtyMelodies
Informer
Informer

Post by DirtyMelodies »

Lady_Mary wrote:
DirtyMelodies wrote:
Umm what? where is what at? Sorry for being slow... but i truly dont understand lol
"_________________________ is where it's at" is an anglophone expression meaning "is what something's all about/where you can find the good stuff".

Was just saying that ABH has a better line of contouring than KVD! :tu:

TacyCollini
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by TacyCollini »

Very nice...I'm surprised she didn't have a thread. I honestly, can't even "hate-watch", this dingaling. She and Kandee are perfect for each other. I hope her sales have suffered immensely, following this last out-burst. I have a feeling her sales were already down, why the deal with Kandee, came about.

Lady_Mary
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Lady_Mary »

TacyCollini wrote:Very nice...I'm surprised she didn't have a thread. I honestly, can't even "hate-watch", this dingaling. She and Kandee are perfect for each other. I hope her sales have suffered immensely, following this last out-burst. I have a feeling her sales were already down, why the deal with Kandee, came about.
I would LOVE to see an official report on the sales numbers! I don't think they got seriously dented in as this controversy wasn't played out in the news, was it? Ok Social Media reaches a ton of people, but not everybody is following her channels. What strikes me as odd is how she doesn't address her leather wear and taxiderma in her house. Then again, I didn't sit through her entire "non-apologetic apology" on Youtube. I wanted to punch the screen, because I couldn't stand the BS she is dishing out. Reading the comments, everybody was basically applauding her and nobody brought up her excessive use of animal products in her house, wardrobe or make up. Not even her cosmetics are vegan for crying out loud! ARGH! I wish there was a cure for stupid.

You know her statement about cecil the lion on Instagram, really pushed my buttons, because I feel personally offended. I have been a vegetarian from age 8 to age 18, I probably would have even been vegan if my mom hadn't forced me to have diary and eggs. Then I had a really bad accident which injured my left leg severely. I had to learn how to walk again, went through painful surgery and one year of almost dialy rehabilitation training to learn how to walk again. My physio therapist was puzzled why i made so slow progress and the muscles in my leg wouldn't rebuild as fast as they should (remember I was only a teenager when this happened!). He asked me what I ate on a dialy basis and after having summed up my regular meals, he ordered me to go back to meat and fish if I ever wanted to heal properly. I did and today I am fine, there is only a huge ugly scar left. The point I am trying to make is that humans are omnivores by nature and it becomes them best. Of course, you can doctor every statistics to serve your personal agenda and i do not want to throw science into anybody's face. However, I feel offended. What am I a bad animal hating person now, because I chose to eat animal products so I could heal and walk again?!

I am outraged, because I have always had rescued cats and dogs whom I love dearly, plus I work as a volunteer in an animal shelter (and I do have a 40 hours day job from Monday to Friday as well!). I hate how Kat von D is painting people in shades of black and white. What a stupid, narrow minded, uneducated and hypocritical bitch she is! :FU:

TacyCollini
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by TacyCollini »

Lady_Mary wrote:
TacyCollini wrote:Very nice...I'm surprised she didn't have a thread. I honestly, can't even "hate-watch", this dingaling. She and Kandee are perfect for each other. I hope her sales have suffered immensely, following this last out-burst. I have a feeling her sales were already down, why the deal with Kandee, came about.
I would LOVE to see an official report on the sales numbers! I don't think they got seriously dented in as this controversy wasn't played out in the news, was it? Ok Social Media reaches a ton of people, but not everybody is following her channels. What strikes me as odd is how she doesn't address her leather wear and taxiderma in her house. Then again, I didn't sit through her entire "non-apologetic apology" on Youtube. I wanted to punch the screen, because I couldn't stand the BS she is dishing out. Reading the comments, everybody was basically applauding her and nobody brought up her excessive use of animal products in her house, wardrobe or make up. Not even her cosmetics are vegan for crying out loud! ARGH! I wish there was a cure for stupid.

You know her statement about cecil the lion on Instagram, really pushed my buttons, because I feel personally offended. I have been a vegetarian from age 8 to age 18, I probably would have even been vegan if my mom hadn't forced me to have diary and eggs. Then I had a really bad accident which injured my left leg severely. I had to learn how to walk again, went through painful surgery and one year of almost dialy rehabilitation training to learn how to walk again. My physio therapist was puzzled why i made so slow progress and the muscles in my leg wouldn't rebuild as fast as they should (remember I was only a teenager when this happened!). He asked me what I ate on a dialy basis and after having summed up my regular meals, he ordered me to go back to meat and fish if I ever wanted to heal properly. I did and today I am fine, there is only a huge ugly scar left. The point I am trying to make is that humans are omnivores by nature and it becomes them best. Of course, you can doctor every statistics to serve your personal agenda and i do not want to throw science into anybody's face. However, I feel offended. What am I a bad animal hating person now, because I chose to eat animal products so I could heal and walk again?!

I am outraged, because I have always had rescued cats and dogs whom I love dearly, plus I work as a volunteer in an animal shelter (and I do have a 40 hours day job from Monday to Friday as well!). I hate how Kat von D is painting people in shades of black and white. What a stupid, narrow minded, uneducated and hypocritical bitch she is! :FU:
It was more of an Internet thing. It had so many views (I assume) and ended up coming down my feed, within a day or two, of posting...Maybe it was YouTube, that thought it was stupid and plastered on feed. Haha! Back then, she had tons of hate comments....she must have deleted them...how typical of her. I wish it would reach more people.
I hear you...I have been thinking of going vegan, for many reasons. I follow a couple of vegan Youtubers, that are about the message, not hate mongering hypocrites, like Freelee the banana ding dong. They don't plaster their channel with horrible videos and photos, they state actual scientific facts and I appreciate that. The way Kat (and idiots like her) comes off is nothing short of elitism. Just dumb.

nina84
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by nina84 »

I've always disliked her so much. Not just since the Cecil the Lion comment but just her attitude is nothing to idolize. It's also questionable that she named a lipstick ''Selektion'' (which I've never seen anyone comment on, contrary to others like Underage Red and Celebutard) but whatever, that one's not sold anymore anyway. But the way she handled the criticism for those names just proves how entitled she is.

I've wanted to have some of her stuff since I love goth music and she names shades stuff like ''Bauhau5'' and ''Lovecraft''. Hers seems to be the quintessential goth cosmetic brand, but if I start hating her too much I guess I'll give it up.

And also her makeup line is sold at Sephora after all, and their brand isn't CF and most of the ones they sell aren't either.

Lady_Mary
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Lady_Mary »

TacyCollini wrote:
Lady_Mary wrote:

It was more of an Internet thing. It had so many views (I assume) and ended up coming down my feed, within a day or two, of posting...Maybe it was YouTube, that thought it was stupid and plastered on feed. Haha! Back then, she had tons of hate comments....she must have deleted them...how typical of her. I wish it would reach more people.
I hear you...I have been thinking of going vegan, for many reasons. I follow a couple of vegan Youtubers, that are about the message, not hate mongering hypocrites, like Freelee the banana ding dong. They don't plaster their channel with horrible videos and photos, they state actual scientific facts and I appreciate that. The way Kat (and idiots like her) comes off is nothing short of elitism. Just dumb.
I actually envy vegans, i would love to go vegan, even tried once and had to quit after a few weeks because it made me severly ill. After a few bloodtests, it was discovered that i am allergic to almost any Type of grains + soy. I truly love animals, so i was bumped out. These days i make sure all my animal products are organic and free range/grass fed. I spent a huge amount on my grocery bill, but i pay it gladly. It worksout fine here since we have different laws regarding animal raising and husbandry here in europe. All the power to ethical vegans, but it just doesnt work for me.

Gesendet von meinem GT-P5100 mit Tapatalk

Shut_up_Sara0
Talker
Talker

Post by Shut_up_Sara0 »

Yay! Other people who dont like her :D She is a complete hypocrital, and I have not liked any of her products I tried.! She also was engaged twice to Jesse James (a neo-nazi) plus the anti-semitic autograph (she claims was faked) made me avoid her products.
English is not my primary or secondary language, I apologize for mistakes! :love2:

nina84
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by nina84 »

Shut_up_Sara0 wrote: She also was engaged twice to Jesse James (a neo-nazi) plus the anti-semitic autograph (she claims was faked) made me avoid her products.
With that and the Holocaust reference in the shade name, I'm convinced she is anti-semitic.

Trash_Queen
Informer
Informer

Post by Trash_Queen »

Woo hoo! So glad she has a tread now. I have received a few of her palettes as gifts and I do actually like them. But I cannot stand her, the way she talks and tries to sound so deep and artsy all the time, just get to the fucking point sometimes... not everything has to sound so deep. it's hard to relate to... is it just me?

TacyCollini
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by TacyCollini »

I am outraged, because I have always had rescued cats and dogs whom I love dearly, plus I work as a volunteer in an animal shelter (and I do have a 40 hours day job from Monday to Friday as well!). I hate how Kat von D is painting people in shades of black and white. What a stupid, narrow minded, uneducated and hypocritical bitch she is! :FU:[/quote]
I hear you...I have been thinking of going vegan, for many reasons. I follow a couple of vegan Youtubers, that are about the message, not hate mongering hypocrites, like Freelee the banana ding dong. They don't plaster their channel with horrible videos and photos, they state actual scientific facts and I appreciate that. The way Kat (and idiots like her) comes off is nothing short of elitism. Just dumb.[/quote]
I actually envy vegans, i would love to go vegan, even tried once and had to quit after a few weeks because it made me severly ill. After a few bloodtests, it was discovered that i am allergic to almost any Type of grains + soy. I truly love animals, so i was bumped out. These days i make sure all my animal products are organic and free range/grass fed. I spent a huge amount on my grocery bill, but i pay it gladly. It worksout fine here since we have different laws regarding animal raising and husbandry here in europe. All the power to ethical vegans, but it just doesnt work for me.

Gesendet von meinem GT-P5100 mit Tapatalk[/quote]

Yeah, I never was one for a lot of meat/animal flesh (sounds so gross...haha) or milk and I teeter on the anemic line. As a matter of fact, today was the first time I had red meat in probably 5 or 6 months and I am literally sick to my stomach, from eating it....like really sick. Colon cancer runs in my family, so I avoid it like the plague, for the most part...I wish I had today, why I'm up so let typing (almost 1:30 am, where I'm at).
I eat a lot of red/black beans, but it hasn't done much for the anemia...it's a very hard thing to get the balance right, when being vegetarian/vegan. The hardest thing for me would be to give up ice cream and cheese...the imitations are pretty good, though.

TacyCollini
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by TacyCollini »

The only thing I like was the lock it tattoo foundation...it's so thick and tacky, that I use it as under-eye concealer...it honestly covers better than any concealer, I've tried. I forget what concealer I use, now...it's hard to find one that's pale enough. :(

Return to “Kat Von D”