Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: BeautyFulfilled / Kaushal Beauty

Post by hey-flower »

INdifferent wrote:
tired_of_bs wrote:
hey-flower wrote:I was blown away when i first watched her video (the Kylie Jenner one) and then i binge watched 15 or so videos, and after being subscribed for about almost a year i feel like her recent videos are boring. Doing 5 makeup tutorials in a row is boring for me, especially when the looks aren't outstanding, they're all pretty basics looks.

And yeah she looks flawless from far away with the camera lighting and filters, but in close ups it looks soooo cakey, and she has a lot of little bumps everywhere, definitely because of her skincare routine, in which she doesn't clean her face properly.

Side note: also i know in the Indian culture being 'fair' is extremely beautiful, but i feel like she purposely makes the camera lighting bright so she looks whiter. I'm indian and have a medium skin tone and we actually wear the same foundation colours, yet there's a huge difference between my skin compared to the screen.

Also yes the way she talk annoys me so much, i started noticing her mistakes when talking, and she keep making more in every video i watch.
I so agree with you..
Regarding her skin - it looks so youthful and blemish free in her videos. If you watch her on Icon UK, her face is wider, her skin is spotty, saggy and she has prominent wrinkles on her forehead. I've never ever seen her skin look that way on her channel and I couldn't even recognize her. I'm not surprised that her skin is saggy, she applies A LOT of pressure while washing her face /taking off makeup/ applying moisturizer and I've always wondered how her methods didn't adversly affect her face at all.

Regarding her skintone, she started off as NC30 now she uses NC20 products (so 2 shades lighter I guess ?) which I found odd. She definitely photoshops all imperfections from her face so I won't be surprised if she makes herself look fairer, to be honest I don't care & I'm not surprised. I've always felt she's insecure about her weight and this is just one more thing she might be insecure about.

I'm not criticizing her looks, but I just wish she'd come out and be honest about her skin rather than faking perfection. I've watched every video of her's since 1 year and when I realised that she doesn't show her trueself I really lost interest & respect for her. She didn't have great content to begin with, but she is very different from other famous youtubers; consistent with uploads, not a haul-addict, positive person, amazing at recreating celebrity looks... are these what made me love her so much.

If anyone here thinks I'm jealous of her, you need a goddamn brain transplant.
Do you have a specific video you can link? Im really suprised as her skin looks flawless on her videos. Thanks

Compare this video to any of her own videos and you'll see the difference.

ScarlettAisha
Learner
Learner

Post by ScarlettAisha »

At first I was a big fan of Kaushal's videos, she seemed down to earth and I also liked her pretty face. But I feel that her videos have gotten somewhat static, she's boring and never does anything bold, even though I can see she tries alot lately (with her yet again boring Halloween tutorials), but she is really yawn-worthy these days. She has gotten a big load of new subscribers, due to the quality of her videos and lovely face, but she doesn't take constructive criticism too well. I posted once a comment, it was very respectful and so many agreed with me, but she came up with so many excuses and she was so defensive in her response to me that she kind of pushed me away from her videos. And I was totally in shock when I saw how voluptuous her body really is :o She is very short and has very wide hips and big breasts, very kardashian-like. I'm not fat-shaming, I'm just saying that it was a shock because it seemed that her face didn't fit her body at all.

And I agree with the ones saying her skin is not all that great and I somewhat understand. I have medium toned skin and get blemishes no matter what I do, because my face is very oily. But she does amp up her lighting to look whiter, that's for sure. She seems so uncomfortable in those Icon UK videos and I am sure it's because she doesn't have her normal setting and she knows it's not going to look as perfect. You can see the difference in the screenshots I made from one of her vids and from one for Icon.

PS: For the admin: Why is there no trash a guru section for Kaushal? Maybe she doesn't have haters, but I can see many people here gossipping stuff about her that is not quite raving...
zscS.jpg
cats12-horz.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tired_of_bs
Naughty
Naughty

Post by tired_of_bs »

INdifferent wrote:
tired_of_bs wrote:
hey-flower wrote:I was blown away when i first watched her video (the Kylie Jenner one) and then i binge watched 15 or so videos, and after being subscribed for about almost a year i feel like her recent videos are boring. Doing 5 makeup tutorials in a row is boring for me, especially when the looks aren't outstanding, they're all pretty basics looks.

And yeah she looks flawless from far away with the camera lighting and filters, but in close ups it looks soooo cakey, and she has a lot of little bumps everywhere, definitely because of her skincare routine, in which she doesn't clean her face properly.

Side note: also i know in the Indian culture being 'fair' is extremely beautiful, but i feel like she purposely makes the camera lighting bright so she looks whiter. I'm indian and have a medium skin tone and we actually wear the same foundation colours, yet there's a huge difference between my skin compared to the screen.

Also yes the way she talk annoys me so much, i started noticing her mistakes when talking, and she keep making more in every video i watch.
I so agree with you..
Regarding her skin - it looks so youthful and blemish free in her videos. If you watch her on Icon UK, her face is wider, her skin is spotty, saggy and she has prominent wrinkles on her forehead. I've never ever seen her skin look that way on her channel and I couldn't even recognize her. I'm not surprised that her skin is saggy, she applies A LOT of pressure while washing her face /taking off makeup/ applying moisturizer and I've always wondered how her methods didn't adversely affect her face at all.

Regarding her skintone, she started off as NC30 now she uses NC20 products (so 2 shades lighter I guess ?) which I found odd. She definitely photoshops all imperfections from her face so I won't be surprised if she makes herself look fairer, to be honest I don't care & I'm not surprised. I've always felt she's insecure about her weight and this is just one more thing she might be insecure about.

I'm not criticizing her looks, but I just wish she'd come out and be honest about her skin rather than faking perfection. I've watched every video of her's since 1 year and when I realised that she doesn't show her trueself I really lost interest & respect for her. She didn't have great content to begin with, but she is very different from other famous youtubers; consistent with uploads, not a haul-addict, positive person, amazing at recreating celebrity looks... are these what made me love her so much.

If anyone here thinks I'm jealous of her, you need a goddamn brain transplant.
Do you have a specific video you can link? Im really suprised as her skin looks flawless on her videos. Thanks
Here are some of the videos on ICON UK channel where they zoom into her face many times.

tired_of_bs
Naughty
Naughty

Post by tired_of_bs »

ScarlettAisha wrote:At first I was a big fan of Kaushal's videos, she seemed down to earth and I also liked her pretty face. But I feel that her videos have gotten somewhat static, she's boring and never does anything bold, even though I can see she tries alot lately (with her yet again boring Halloween tutorials), but she is really yawn-worthy these days. She has gotten a big load of new subscribers, due to the quality of her videos and lovely face, but she doesn't take constructive criticism too well. I posted once a comment, it was very respectful and so many agreed with me, but she came up with so many excuses and she was so defensive in her response to me that she kind of pushed me away from her videos. And I was totally in shock when I saw how voluptuous her body really is :o She is very short and has very wide hips and big breasts, very kardashian-like. I'm not fat-shaming, I'm just saying that it was a shock because it seemed that her face didn't fit her body at all.

And I agree with the ones saying her skin is not all that great and I somewhat understand. I have medium toned skin and get blemishes no matter what I do, because my face is very oily. But she does amp up her lighting to look whiter, that's for sure. She seems so uncomfortable in those Icon UK videos and I am sure it's because she doesn't have her normal setting and she knows it's not going to look as perfect. You can see the difference in the screenshots I made from one of her vids and from one for Icon.

PS: For the admin: Why is there no trash a guru section for Kaushal? Maybe she doesn't have haters, but I can see many people here gossipping stuff about her that is not quite raving...
zscS.jpg
cats12-horz.jpg
Thanks for putting up these pics. I think we can make a new thread in the trash section.
I found it ridiculous when she made this statement on her Instagram :
Please remember, lighting & the use of different lenses when filming tutorials can cause skin to look overly clean & clear. But don't be fooled.
...well so can Photoshop Airbrush tool.
From the pics you've attached its very obvious that she uses some kind of airbrush tool on her face.

shine_foryourself
Stalker
Stalker

Post by shine_foryourself »

I really like her, she seems personable. Yes, there are aspects on which she could improve, specifically her contouring and highlighting, and general blending skills, but I like that woc (beauty guru) are gaining more precedence in the youtube community. And she isn't the only beauty guru who use filters, bright lights and airbrush to make herself flawless; the beauty industry in general does that, after all they are presenting "perfection."

But I feel she needs to find her own style, somehow she has become very generic, following the popular trend of videos and not bringing anything new to the table. I miss her bollywood style ones, they made her unique! And her vlogs are fun too, I like that she doesn't do daily/weekly blogs, for some reason I'm starting to get put off knowing what, when, where, how, where youtubers feel, eat, talk, sleep etc. every minute of the day.

cutefluff345
Learner
Learner

Post by cutefluff345 »

I think it's far-fetched to assume she wants to be white just cause of her lighting and foundation. Unless there's proof she doesn't like her skin this is just race-baiting. Stronger lighting is used for all sorts of reasons and most beauty gurus experiment with different shades. Besides her features are very mediterranean looking to begin with so this is why she comes off as "white". Even if she is trying to look pale there's nothing wrong with finding pale skin beautiful. Pale skin isn't exclusive to europe so it doesn't immediately equate to looking like white person. Wanting to look pale is the same thing as a pale girl trying to look tan. I'm part japanese and in japan pale skin is seen as attractive, women all over east asia use lighter skin foundations to look pale. It doesn't mean all these asian women wanna look white, they just think pale skin is beautiful because it's a different standard of beauty, this same idea is found in india. If I tan it doesn't mean I'm trying to look "black" so someone wanting to look pale doesn't mean they wanna be a "white" person. Kaushal probably follows a different standard of beauty but I doubt she's even trying to look pale cause I've seen her with a tan, bronzer and darker foundation plenty of times.

cutefluff345
Learner
Learner

Post by cutefluff345 »

BlushGirl wrote:Kaushal Beauty always comes across as a little smug to me. I'm not sure why that is. i like some of her make up looks though, pretty simple.
I agree. I do like her and I think she's a great beauty guru but she seems stuck up now. I can't tell if it's just her face or if she actually feels that way.

AngelNight
Learner
Learner

Post by AngelNight »

cutefluff345 wrote:I think it's far-fetched to assume she wants to be white just cause of her lighting and foundation. Unless there's proof she doesn't like her skin this is just race-baiting. Stronger lighting is used for all sorts of reasons and most beauty gurus experiment with different shades. Besides her features are very mediterranean looking to begin with so this is why she comes off as "white". Even if she is trying to look pale there's nothing wrong with finding pale skin beautiful. Pale skin isn't exclusive to europe so it doesn't immediately equate to looking like white person. Wanting to look pale is the same thing as a pale girl trying to look tan. I'm part japanese and in japan pale skin is seen as attractive, women all over east asia use lighter skin foundations to look pale. It doesn't mean all these asian women wanna look white, they just think pale skin is beautiful because it's a different standard of beauty, this same idea is found in india. If I tan it doesn't mean I'm trying to look "black" so someone wanting to look pale doesn't mean they wanna be a "white" person. Kaushal probably follows a different standard of beauty but I doubt she's even trying to look pale cause I've seen her with a tan, bronzer and darker foundation plenty of times.
Omg this is exactly what I was thinking! I don't even think "becoming white" was her motive to begin with, she seems totally fine in her skin and it looks like she was just trying new looks.

Also it's quite insulting to make a big deal over a girl wanting to get a bit pale, what's so wrong with pale skin? I'm white and very pale, attitude like that is racist to white pale skinned girls. No one cares when a pale girl gets tanned, no one says "she wants to look black, how sad". They're both the same thing, so why do people get so grossed out and angry when a tan girl wants to get a bit pale? It's cause tan skin is the beauty standard and pale skin isn't. When a tan girl does get pale she isn't encouraged like other girls but shunned, as if being a pale skinned white girl is the worst thing you could be. We live in a society where so many pale girls try to be tan and achieve darker skin yet no one turns it into a race issue but the minute a tanned girl puts on a lighter foundation everyone screams self-hating racist even though she showed no signs of wanting to be pale to begin with. This is because of the idea that tan skin is right and pale skin is wrong. Double standards. :roll:

saywhatyouwant2me
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by saywhatyouwant2me »

^^^ I understand your point and personally I don't think Kaushal is trying to look lighter. If you go back to her older videos (which have now been deleted) I genuinely thought she was white. She naturally has a lighter skin tone. HOW EVER within people of a darker race there IS an internalised colonialist idea that being lighter skinned is preferred or better. You can't ignore that. That's why people are debating this. Chemical skin lightening in the black and Asian community is so common and such a huge and harmful problem especially as the reasons for it usually stem from racism.

cutefluff345
Learner
Learner

Post by cutefluff345 »

saywhatyouwant2me wrote:^^^ I understand your point and personally I don't think Kaushal is trying to look lighter. If you go back to her older videos (which have now been deleted) I genuinely thought she was white. She naturally has a lighter skin tone. HOW EVER within people of a darker race there IS an internalised colonialist idea that being lighter skinned is preferred or better. You can't ignore that. That's why people are debating this. Chemical skin lightening in the black and Asian community is so common and such a huge and harmful problem especially as the reasons for it usually stem from racism.
I see your point BUT there is a hugeee double standard for when people think a tanned woman is trying to become white just cause she's POSSIBLY lightening her skin. I'm part Japanese and pale, I could see both sides of this. First off pale skin is not exclusive to Europe, having pale skin doesn't equate to being white. Therefore, someone wanting pale skin does not immediately mean they want to be white. By assuming lightening your skin means a girl wants to be white ignores the fact that a ton of different ethnicities have pale skin and the fact that lightening products are used for a ton of different reasons.

There is a lot of ignorance towards skin lightening. The majority of the skin lightening products out there are used for hyper pigmentation (not to become another race). It's quite unjust to assume a dark girl is trying to become white when in reality she could be suffering severe hyper pigmentation. Scientifically skin lightening products are not dangerous, they're used to fix up a lot of issues and this is what most colored women are aiming for when they use a skin lighting product. I can go to my local drugstore right now and get a skin lightening product that's safe and without a problem. A lot of colored women get hyper pigmentation. So, assuming a tanned woman is trying to look white by lightening her skin is shaming her and rude, she's not trying to become another race but to remove the darker patches, hyper pigmentation on her skin.

Yes there are tan girls that want to look white out of self hate but there's plenty of pale girls that want to tan out to self hate. The problem is people are looking at it from only one side, it goes both ways. Pale girls commonly use tanning beds, which are just as dangerous as some skin lightening products but everyone encourages the tanning bed yet people talk down on the skin lightening, double standard. They're both doing the same thing, using excessively of either is dangerous.

The biggest problem is how people ASSUME a tanned woman is trying to lighten up her skin out of self hate and rejection without any proof. The debate on here is quite racist and it's obvious a good amount are doing it to shame Kaushal because they hate her. Using a brighter light for videos and a lighter foundation doesn't prove that she hates her skin. Foundations oxidize all the time. If a pale girl darkened her videos and used a darker foundation no one would think she hates her skin or is trying to become a black, so why make such an unfair assumption towards Kaushal? Keep in mind Kaushal never showed any signs of self hate but people just assumed she self hates, she didn't even admit to using any skin whitening products, but just because she's a tanned woman people go ahead and ASSUMES she hates her skin, that's a far-fetched and a RACIST assumption to make. In this debate people have completely ignored the fact that they are a ton of different reasons behind skin lightening but people assume it's cause of self hate rather then looking at all other possiblities. What's worse is how people shame pale skin, people make it seem like being pale is horrible. Pale girls suffer a lot of self hate too, you'll commonly hear jokes about pale skin but never about tan skin, tan skin is seen as the standard of beauty so when people show their disgust towards a tan girl liking pale skin it really hurts pale skinned girls. Shunning a tan girl that safely skin lightens and shows no signs of self hate is wrong, encouraging a pale girl to tan that does show signs of self hating while using dangerous methods is wrong. The problem is people blindly shun the tan girl and encourage the pale girl.

I'm not saying using harmful chemicals out of self hate is right but people really use this argument out of context. It's best to not blindly assume that a tanned woman is trying to become european just because she's safely lightening her skin or finds pale skin beautiful, it's the same thing as tanning and nothing more then a beauty procedure. No one should turn it into a controversy, not only is it race baiting but also hurtful to pale women since it turns their skin into a controversy. Unless someone openly admit they hate their skin and uses dangerous chemicals there's no need to assume such things. The accusations made towards Kaushal is completely unfair, racist and far-fetched.

onigiri815
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by onigiri815 »

Okay I glossed over most of that above but I think the lighting isn't to make her white, it's just the the way the lighting is. When I take a selfie usually the brighter the light the better my skin looks - NOT BECAUSE IT IS WHITE but because the BRIGHTNESS gets rid of blemishes.

Anyyywayyy, in her newest skincare video I appreciate she did close ups and showed some of her real skin. She's correct that alot of the lighting and camera make people look flawless and the fact that she says that quite regularly makes me like her alot more.

AngelNight
Learner
Learner

Post by AngelNight »

cutefluff345 wrote:
saywhatyouwant2me wrote:^^^ I understand your point and personally I don't think Kaushal is trying to look lighter. If you go back to her older videos (which have now been deleted) I genuinely thought she was white. She naturally has a lighter skin tone. HOW EVER within people of a darker race there IS an internalised colonialist idea that being lighter skinned is preferred or better. You can't ignore that. That's why people are debating this. Chemical skin lightening in the black and Asian community is so common and such a huge and harmful problem especially as the reasons for it usually stem from racism.
I see your point BUT there is a hugeee double standard for when people think a tanned woman is trying to become white just cause she's POSSIBLY lightening her skin. I'm part Japanese and pale, I could see both sides of this. First off pale skin is not exclusive to Europe, having pale skin doesn't equate to being white. Therefore, someone wanting pale skin does not immediately mean they want to be white. By assuming lightening your skin means a girl wants to be white ignores the fact that a ton of different ethnicities have pale skin and the fact that lightening products are used for a ton of different reasons.

There is a lot of ignorance towards skin lightening. The majority of the skin lightening products out there are used for hyper pigmentation (not to become another race). It's quite unjust to assume a dark girl is trying to become white when in reality she could be suffering severe hyper pigmentation. Scientifically skin lightening products are not dangerous, they're used to fix up a lot of issues and this is what most colored women are aiming for when they use a skin lighting product. I can go to my local drugstore right now and get a skin lightening product that's safe and without a problem. A lot of colored women get hyper pigmentation. So, assuming a tanned woman is trying to look white by lightening her skin is shaming her and rude, she's not trying to become another race but to remove the darker patches, hyper pigmentation on her skin.

Yes there are tan girls that want to look white out of self hate but there's plenty of pale girls that want to tan out to self hate. The problem is people are looking at it from only one side, it goes both ways. Pale girls commonly use tanning beds, which are just as dangerous as some skin lightening products but everyone encourages the tanning bed yet people talk down on the skin lightening, double standard. They're both doing the same thing, using excessively of either is dangerous.

The biggest problem is how people ASSUME a tanned woman is trying to lighten up her skin out of self hate and rejection without any proof. The debate on here is quite racist and it's obvious a good amount are doing it to shame Kaushal because they hate her. Using a brighter light for videos and a lighter foundation doesn't prove that she hates her skin. Foundations oxidize all the time. If a pale girl darkened her videos and used a darker foundation no one would think she hates her skin or is trying to become a black, so why make such an unfair assumption towards Kaushal? Keep in mind Kaushal never showed any signs of self hate but people just assumed she self hates, she didn't even admit to using any skin whitening products, but just because she's a tanned woman people go ahead and ASSUMES she hates her skin, that's a far-fetched and a RACIST assumption to make. In this debate people have completely ignored the fact that they are a ton of different reasons behind skin lightening but people assume it's cause of self hate rather then looking at all other possiblities. What's worse is how people shame pale skin, people make it seem like being pale is horrible. Pale girls suffer a lot of self hate too, you'll commonly hear jokes about pale skin but never about tan skin, tan skin is seen as the standard of beauty so when people show their disgust towards a tan girl liking pale skin it really hurts pale skinned girls. Shunning a tan girl that safely skin lightens and shows no signs of self hate is wrong, encouraging a pale girl to tan that does show signs of self hating while using dangerous methods is wrong. The problem is people blindly shun the tan girl and encourage the pale girl.

I'm not saying using harmful chemicals out of self hate is right but people really use this argument out of context. It's best to not blindly assume that a tanned woman is trying to become european just because she's safely lightening her skin or finds pale skin beautiful, it's the same thing as tanning and nothing more then a beauty procedure. No one should turn it into a controversy, not only is it race baiting but also hurtful to pale women since it turns their skin into a controversy. Unless someone openly admit they hate their skin and uses dangerous chemicals there's no need to assume such things. The accusations made towards Kaushal is completely unfair, racist and far-fetched.
^^ This, THANK YOU! I'm so glad someone admit it!! Kaushal is life goals, the haters here are trying so hard to find faults in Kaushal but they can't so they resort to race baiting and start finding fault in her skin color(and light skin!). You know you're perfect when haters have to resort to racism in order to feel better. :D

AngelNight
Learner
Learner

Post by AngelNight »

On another note, is she still with her boyfriend? I don't know if they're still together to not, I haven't been following up.

onigiri815
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by onigiri815 »

I think she is but his IG is completely different (not that I checked that often previously) but he's turned it into a inspirational quote IG

cutefluff345
Learner
Learner

Post by cutefluff345 »

AngelNight wrote:On another note, is she still with her boyfriend? I don't know if they're still together to not, I haven't been following up.
Yup. According to her twitter they're both still together.

https://twitter.com/Kaush_M

AngelNight
Learner
Learner

Post by AngelNight »

Interesting, she always seemed out of his league so I never expected them to last. I think I just don't like him, I don't know what it is. I think she should do videos with her bf more often then people could get a better idea of him. I was scrolling through their ig/twitter and they're both really obsessed with the whole new age philosophy thing!! It's filled with the words good vibes and quotes. Lmao!

onigiri815
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by onigiri815 »

Really? I think they are both quite attractive. I will say that I did not expect her to have such a curvy figure - I LOVE IT!

AngelNight
Learner
Learner

Post by AngelNight »

onigiri815 wrote:Really? I think they are both quite attractive. I will say that I did not expect her to have such a curvy figure - I LOVE IT!
I think she's extremely attractive(one of the prettiest girl I've seen!) but I think her bf is really below average, his face looks creepy to me lol idk why. He looks good with facial hair though. Considering she's attractive, rich and well rounded I expected her dating a perfect male model. But maybe he's really nice or something, he's obviously a positive thinker judging by his twitter : p. She didn't always have a curvy figure, when she was new to youtube she was skinny but overtime she got curvy, she looks good either way. I think it comes with age and the relaxed lifestyle. Do you know how long they've been together?

onigiri815
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by onigiri815 »

No I don't know actually, might estimate a year and a bit. Don't know why but yeah.
Her newest video... "you guyses" NO STOP.

AngelNight
Learner
Learner

Post by AngelNight »

onigiri815 wrote:No I don't know actually, might estimate a year and a bit. Don't know why but yeah.
Her newest video... "you guyses" NO STOP.
Omg a year?? That's so short!! I thought they knew each other for 5 years thats why she started dating him. Now I'm really wondering what she saw in him and how it started lol They're so close and act like it's been forever. I feel like she's gonna marry him or something. Does he have his own youtube channel?

Btw I'm so curious as to why she hasn't reached a million subs yet. She's been on youtube for a while and her looks are pretty good....like there's idiots with a million subs and not her :roll:

Return to “BeautyFulfilled / Kaushal Beauty”