Markiplier - Part 14

broken key
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier - Part 14

Post by broken key »

Ethan just announced on his tumblr he is now doing YouTube full time as of today, meaning he is no longer employed by mark. i knew he was quitting anyway because he announced it in a New Years resolution video but I guess it’s set it stone now finally.

AquarianHorse
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by AquarianHorse »

Yeah, a lot of times people who are struggling internally either know there's an issue but refuse to address it (usually hoping it'll just go away, but there's a few other common reasons) or they don't even know that there's an issue. I know my personal experience is only my experience, so take it with a grain of salt (plus I think this is probably quite a bit more extreme) but it is something that's pretty common when it comes to mental health or internal struggles. I've mentioned the fact that I used to really struggle with an eating disorder before (which I think was more of a manifestation of other things I was dealing with, like I had a lot of anxiety and was depressed) and with those sorts of thoughts and behaviors, it's VERY developed. And in my case and a lot of cases, it develops so gradually that you don't even recognize the invasiveness. So then by the time it becomes more obvious or apparent to the person, they might be very deep in it. In my case, I kind of had a breaking point one night that really made me realize that I might have a problem. And later on I was diagnosed and started being treated (and health wise I'm fine now, just to spare any worry, I've maintained a healthy weight for about the past year or so, so...yay! :) ). Like I said, the specifics are probably a lot more extreme (at the very least in how they manifest) or at least I would hope so. But it still is a very common thing, especially when someone develops issues over an extended period of time. Honestly, I think 2015 really fucked with Mark, and understandably so. But I also think the whole environment around him for the past few years has played a big role as well, which would explain how his outlook on his life has changed so much and not in a particularly good way. Hell, in the "I feel lost" vlog, he said word for word "how fucked up his life has become." And again, I get it. Just from what I'm able to see, I would go insane. But it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if these issues have been developing for a long time, and it's really only starting to outwardly show and become more obvious recently. So my theory would be either he doesn't want to confront it, and there could be a million possible reasons for that, or he doesn't completely realize that something is actually very wrong.

Yeah admitting and accepting something is wrong is always good. My mom and sister thought I was depressed for years but I thought I was fine and everything. Took a few years or so for me to be realize, "Yeah, I need to see a doc" and been on medicines since and see therapists sometimes. Medicine and talking to a professional does help to an extent :) Course some of it you have to do on your own, which I admit I could work on things better like coping skills, managing my anxiety better.
Honestly, I saw that it's a few games in one vid AND FNF-fan games and immediately went "nope". didn't even click on it.... how long can Mark hash on old content? I mean it's nice to get back to it everyonce in a while but it really turns into an old record player... or is it only me feeling this way?

I don't understand - if I close a tab or vid in browser or mobile app (android) and come back to it later it starts it where I left off, you don't have that?

Yeah it does seem to be beating a dead horse but I guess because there's a high demand for it :/ The games do seem to get old after awhile. I have done marathons and can get a bit bored XD I dunno, just videos start all over for me for some reason when I go back to a video that I stopped watching in the middle.

@Oywiththedrama-Sorry to hear about that but glad he realized that he needed a change :)

It is nice to have long videos like live streams, etc in general on in background, I need to do that more instead of just having music XD: Probably could be listening to some pretty useful stuff like self help stuff or just spooky stories to hear about XD I know with tablet, Kindle at least you can have on some books, read out loud to you which is nice :P Can be distracting depending on what you're doing tho..and my sister thinks I have ADD/ADHD. Eh it's anxiety really docs told me that gets me distracted. Caffeine(Only drink coffee) can do it, even if I am in a good mood, o_O

Hm, I wondered if something did happen between Mark, and Ethan or Mark and Tyler. I wonder if they all got along better on the Europe tour? They could have said, "No, nothing is wrong" because yeah it's really is none of our business, or they don't want us to worry and some fans can be pretty crazy as we know. It is nice that Ethan and Tyler, are going off to do their own things, instead of clinging to someone, and using someone and not doing their own thing.

Does Mark hate the FNAF fan games or just the whole thing? Seemed he enjoyed the first few? Though I can understand it gets boring after awhile, and yeah, if tons of people wanted me to play a game all the time, when I wanted to do other things, it can be frustrating. I am a bit confused though, I thought Mark enjoyed some games? I guess it's like with rage games, he hates them, but plays them for views :/ Is he worried he'd lose tons of views or something? or just to get some fans to shut up about him playing more FNAF, etc? I was shocked to hear he didn't like the "Try not to Laugh" games, he seemed like he was having some fun?

cosmix
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by cosmix »

AquarianHorse wrote:Yeah admitting and accepting something is wrong is always good. My mom and sister thought I was depressed for years but I thought I was fine and everything. Took a few years or so for me to be realize, "Yeah, I need to see a doc" and been on medicines since and see therapists sometimes. Medicine and talking to a professional does help to an extent Course some of it you have to do on your own, which I admit I could work on things better like coping skills, managing my anxiety better.
Yeah, I'm in that boat with ya. But it's definitely better than nothing and while I'm not where I want to be just yet, I'm working on it and I'm definitely a lot happier than I was like a year ago. :)

And yeah, Mark says that he doesn't like doing stuff, then does it anyways (when he doesn't have to) and then no wonder it's not getting better. Honestly, I think changing the schedule probably isn't a bad idea. At the very least the change might be refreshing and it would probably help with stress about being happy with the content you're making and such. Like a lot of my favorite youtubers don't even have a legitimate schedule. They post when they have something that they think is good and worth posting. And I can see changing the schedule to be more relaxed doing him some good. :tu:
He said that he may be an... "a-hole". But he's not, and I quote, "100% a dick".
- guardians of the galaxy

Oywiththedrama
Informer
Informer

Post by Oywiththedrama »

cosmix wrote:
AquarianHorse wrote:Yeah admitting and accepting something is wrong is always good. My mom and sister thought I was depressed for years but I thought I was fine and everything. Took a few years or so for me to be realize, "Yeah, I need to see a doc" and been on medicines since and see therapists sometimes. Medicine and talking to a professional does help to an extent Course some of it you have to do on your own, which I admit I could work on things better like coping skills, managing my anxiety better.
Yeah, I'm in that boat with ya. But it's definitely better than nothing and while I'm not where I want to be just yet, I'm working on it and I'm definitely a lot happier than I was like a year ago. :)

And yeah, Mark says that he doesn't like doing stuff, then does it anyways (when he doesn't have to) and then no wonder it's not getting better. Honestly, I think changing the schedule probably isn't a bad idea. At the very least the change might be refreshing and it would probably help with stress about being happy with the content you're making and such. Like a lot of my favorite youtubers don't even have a legitimate schedule. They post when they have something that they think is good and worth posting. And I can see changing the schedule to be more relaxed doing him some good. :tu:
I agree changing his schedule would be good for him. Yeah, he might lose some fans but honestly? If that sends them packing then they aren't really there for the person Mark anyway. True fans will understand and wait. I know I would if it meant him being in a better place and putting out good videos he actually cares about again. I'm not sure why he's caught up in doing things so fans don't leave though? Didn't he say how he wanted to just start fresh with a new channel (or am I imagining this?)

kooks
Talker
Talker

Post by kooks »

I swear. We were just talking about Mark rehashing old content and just now he comes up with "Moo"?

I want to say ugh, but I'm honestly worried about him. This isn't a good sign... Like, at all.

eggo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by eggo »

kooks wrote:I swear. We were just talking about Mark rehashing old content and just now he comes up with "Moo"?

I want to say ugh, but I'm honestly worried about him. This isn't a good sign... Like, at all.
I think I can honestly say that he has fully given up on yt. He just won't admit it.

cosmix
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by cosmix »

Oywiththedrama wrote:I agree changing his schedule would be good for him. Yeah, he might lose some fans but honestly? If that sends them packing then they aren't really there for the person Mark anyway. True fans will understand and wait. I know I would if it meant him being in a better place and putting out good videos he actually cares about again. I'm not sure why he's caught up in doing things so fans don't leave though? Didn't he say how he wanted to just start fresh with a new channel (or am I imagining this?)
Honestly, even if he lost 1 million...he still has 18 million subs. The worst realistic scenario isn't even a huge loss relatively speaking. And either way, it's best to take care of yourself first and foremost. You can't make other people happy like you want to if you're very clearly miserable. :(
Offtopic: Also, just saying because I feel the need to share this...I just dug out my derpy boob sweater, my deadpool pj pants, and my despicable me unicorn slippers (I picked them up at this crappy little kiosk in orlando and oh my god they're the cutest and comfiest things ever :love2: ) so I'm reaching critical comfy levels right now. So I hope all of you are doing well this evening as well...I think slippers and movies make me all mushy, gah! Need to return to asshole mode. :lol:
He said that he may be an... "a-hole". But he's not, and I quote, "100% a dick".

kooks
Talker
Talker

Post by kooks »

eggo wrote:
kooks wrote:I swear. We were just talking about Mark rehashing old content and just now he comes up with "Moo"?

I think I can honestly say that he has fully given up on yt. He just won't admit it.
yeah.... sad.... :(

kooks
Talker
Talker

Post by kooks »

cosmix wrote:
Oywiththedrama wrote:I agree changing his schedule would be good for him. Yeah, he might lose some fans but honestly? If that sends them packing then they aren't really there for the person Mark anyway. True fans will understand and wait. I know I would if it meant him being in a better place and putting out good videos he actually cares about again. I'm not sure why he's caught up in doing things so fans don't leave though? Didn't he say how he wanted to just start fresh with a new channel (or am I imagining this?)
Honestly, even if he lost 1 million...he still has 18 million subs. The worst realistic scenario isn't even a huge loss relatively speaking. And either way, it's best to take care of yourself first and foremost. You can't make other people happy like you want to if you're very clearly miserable. :(
Offtopic: Also, just saying because I feel the need to share this...I just dug out my derpy boob sweater, my deadpool pj pants, and my despicable me unicorn slippers (I picked them up at this crappy little kiosk in orlando and oh my god they're the cutest and comfiest things ever :love2: ) so I'm reaching critical comfy levels right now. So I hope all of you are doing well this evening as well...I think slippers and movies make me all mushy, gah! Need to return to asshole mode. :lol:
what's a boob sweater?

cosmix
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by cosmix »

kooks wrote:what's a boob sweater?
a sweater with boobs on it...
(it's this one https://www.missyempire.com/silvie-grey-tits-jumper)

kooks
Talker
Talker

Post by kooks »

LOL
I did not expect that.
I don't think I could wear that though!

cosmix
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by cosmix »

kooks wrote:LOL
I did not expect that.
I don't think I could wear that though!
the surprise boobs :rofl:
it is VERY comfy though and I think it's pretty funny :lol:

eggo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by eggo »

What..is..with..the..god-awful...questions...people are asking him to answer in his video he wants to do? GROW UP PEOPLE!!!!!!
Asking if he's pregranante??????

AquarianHorse
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by AquarianHorse »

If Mark was a sea horse, he could be pregnant holding babies, but he isn't a dang sea horse!

I guess they're just bringing up old jokes from old videos.

At least I hope they're not being serious when they ask if he's pregnant.... WTF?! Um, you kids know that it's ladies that get pregernant right?

I feel weirded out now.

I'd ask Mark, like if he ever had any nightmares of the monsters from all the horror games he played and how was the dream?

cosmix
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by cosmix »

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's just meant as a reference (I will admit...that one did make me laugh). But I have no doubt that there are some genuinely stupid questions, both because it's his fanbase but also because it's just the internet. Although sea horse Mark sounds like an actual conspiracy theory, which I do find kind of amusing. XD

eggo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by eggo »

cosmix wrote:Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's just meant as a reference (I will admit...that one did make me laugh). But I have no doubt that there are some genuinely stupid questions, both because it's his fanbase but also because it's just the internet. Although sea horse Mark sounds like an actual conspiracy theory, which I do find kind of amusing. XD
Oh I know that..just wish they'd stop.

AquarianHorse
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by AquarianHorse »

cosmix wrote:Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's just meant as a reference (I will admit...that one did make me laugh). But I have no doubt that there are some genuinely stupid questions, both because it's his fanbase but also because it's just the internet. Although sea horse Mark sounds like an actual conspiracy theory, which I do find kind of amusing. XD

Yes! It would explain a lot! Maybe in a past life, he was a sea horse, and got eaten by a shark, hence why he hates the ocean! It all MAKES SENSE!!!

eggo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by eggo »

Did you guys finish his video "simulacra " yet? What were your thoughts on him putting in his "info" at the end? Where his has to move on from his "ex"? And that he's so lonely? Now I know, that has to be about Jess. :roll:

cosmix
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by cosmix »

AquarianHorse wrote:

Yes! It would explain a lot! Maybe in a past life, he was a sea horse, and got eaten by a shark, hence why he hates the ocean! It all MAKES SENSE!!!
IT ALL MAKES SENSE!!! Mark is seahorse CONFIRMED. :rofl:
eggo wrote:Did you guys finish his video "simulacra " yet? What were your thoughts on him putting in his "info" at the end? Where his has to move on from his "ex"? And that he's so lonely? Now I know, that has to be about Jess. :roll:
I haven't gotten around to watching it. I'll have to get on that.
Offtopic: I'm actually pretty pissed at the moment because I was working on a drawing for a while today and then the program crashed and didn't save a shit ton of it...fuck my life. ;-;

Sunshinerain102
Debater
Debater

Post by Sunshinerain102 »

eggo wrote:Did you guys finish his video "simulacra " yet? What were your thoughts on him putting in his "info" at the end? Where his has to move on from his "ex"? And that he's so lonely? Now I know, that has to be about Jess. :roll:
I watched Jack play. :P Sounds like it could’ve been inspired by a past experience/girlfriend. Does he still associate with Jess at all? I know they agreed to stay friends and she is still apparently into him, but I don’t know if they interact at all (outside of when they see each other because of Molly being a mutual friend).

Return to “Markiplier”