• Advertisement
    

Emma Hill

Re: Emma Hill

Postby proverbs_ » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:58 pm

I kind of like her too, as I get the impression that she puts a lot of effort in her videos. For example, she would wear not only her jeans in her video, but also discloses every information you would need to buy it as well as supposing some other styles to it, so you really get a proper idea of what the jeans could look like on different occasions. You can not really say anything against it, she has a nice working attitude!
I wonder if she works or used to work as a stylist, too? Are she and her husband living off YouTube and the blog? She must really get a lot of money then...
proverbs_
Talker
Talker
 
Posts: 173
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:12 pm
Has thanked: 76 times
Been thanked: 196 times

Advertisement

Re: Emma Hill

Postby monki » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:56 pm

I really like Emma's style and she definitely has been branching out but see her in the real world (sofa shopping) she looks kind of silly. Don't know what it is but something was just off.
monki
Informer
Informer
 
Posts: 335
Joined: Thu May 15, 2014 2:43 am
Has thanked: 29 times
Been thanked: 364 times

Re: Emma Hill

Postby Lateg0ssiper » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:19 am

proverbs_ wrote:I kind of like her too, as I get the impression that she puts a lot of effort in her videos. For example, she would wear not only her jeans in her video, but also discloses every information you would need to buy it as well as supposing some other styles to it, so you really get a proper idea of what the jeans could look like on different occasions. You can not really say anything against it, she has a nice working attitude!
I wonder if she works or used to work as a stylist, too? Are she and her husband living off YouTube and the blog? She must really get a lot of money then...


She used to work in retail but they both just live off her blog, instagram and youtube now. I'm not sure what he did before.
Lateg0ssiper
Debater
Debater
 
Posts: 224
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:45 pm
Has thanked: 69 times
Been thanked: 73 times

Re: Emma Hill

Postby SillySausage » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:29 am

I believe he worked at the train station. There is a video somewhere where they explain how they met. I really like them. They have great banter and are very transparent. :tu:
User avatar
SillySausage
Gossiper
Gossiper
 
Posts: 619
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:23 am
Has thanked: 1007 times
Been thanked: 1328 times

Re: Emma Hill

Postby PrettyInATeacup » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:41 am

monki wrote:I really like Emma's style and she definitely has been branching out but see her in the real world (sofa shopping) she looks kind of silly. Don't know what it is but something was just off.


she came across very rude and standoffish! can't stand how EVERYTHING she says starts with 'OK SO..'
PrettyInATeacup
Informer
Informer
 
Posts: 490
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:28 am
Has thanked: 31 times
Been thanked: 820 times

Re: Emma Hill

Postby proverbs_ » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:47 am

I was kinda shocked by her Wardrobe clean out video...even if you estimate each piece by only 50 Euro, you get such an enormous amount of money. I know, lots of it is gifts, but still, it really gives you some perspective about that whole blogger life, isn't it.
proverbs_
Talker
Talker
 
Posts: 173
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:12 pm
Has thanked: 76 times
Been thanked: 196 times

Re: Emma Hill

Postby PrettyInATeacup » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:48 am

proverbs_ wrote:I was kinda shocked by her Wardrobe clean out video...even if you estimate each piece by only 50 Euro, you get such an enormous amount of money. I know, lots of it is gifts, but still, it really gives you some perspective about that whole blogger life, isn't it.


everything is so expensive yet really plain and boring imo
PrettyInATeacup
Informer
Informer
 
Posts: 490
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:28 am
Has thanked: 31 times
Been thanked: 820 times

Re: Emma Hill

Postby proverbs_ » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:19 pm

PrettyInATeacup wrote:
proverbs_ wrote:I was kinda shocked by her Wardrobe clean out video...even if you estimate each piece by only 50 Euro, you get such an enormous amount of money. I know, lots of it is gifts, but still, it really gives you some perspective about that whole blogger life, isn't it.


everything is so expensive yet really plain and boring imo


Yeah, somehow you are right. I could actually justify the sheer amount of clothes if she would have been a stylist in the past :D . I also noticed her 5 checked blazers, which look basically the same.
proverbs_
Talker
Talker
 
Posts: 173
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:12 pm
Has thanked: 76 times
Been thanked: 196 times

Re: Emma Hill

Postby smashthebox » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:32 am

I've questioned her before about how she manages to store all the clothing that she has, coats alone take up so much space. She said that she has a lot of closet space. I mean good for her, but even when she films at home, we've seen her closets and there is no way she has enough space.

Nice girl thought, I like her personality and her fashion style.
User avatar
smashthebox
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
 
Posts: 2189
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:23 pm
Has thanked: 1242 times
Been thanked: 1614 times

Re: Emma Hill

Postby monki » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:37 pm

Are we sure that Simon doesn't work? Because she often mentions him buying her handbags, where does he get that money? There's no way they could afford their lifestyle on her blog and youtube lone. She's constantly buying things and they own their property.
monki
Informer
Informer
 
Posts: 335
Joined: Thu May 15, 2014 2:43 am
Has thanked: 29 times
Been thanked: 364 times

Re: Emma Hill

Postby Rage&Love » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:24 pm

monki wrote:Are we sure that Simon doesn't work? Because she often mentions him buying her handbags, where does he get that money? There's no way they could afford their lifestyle on her blog and youtube lone. She's constantly buying things and they own their property.


She's mentioned before (quite early on on her yt) that he left his job & works with/for her.
User avatar
Rage&Love
Debater
Debater
 
Posts: 235
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:19 am
Has thanked: 77 times
Been thanked: 130 times

Re: Emma Hill

Postby tasksfor » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:53 am

Love Emma. She's such a great personality, with incredible style and humour. EDITED BY MISSJAMMERS THIS THREAD IS NOT ABOUT YOU OR WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT THE PEOPLE USING THIS SITE. I SUGGEST YOU KEEP ON TOPIC
tasksfor
Wallflower
Wallflower
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:32 am
Location: N. Ireland
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Emma Hill

Postby Gizmo2323 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:21 pm

^ bit random but ok. Maybe stay away from the trash forums yeah?

Just registering my jealousy here. Her instastories have been really enjoyable and she's having all these good times looking great and all that. I still don't know why I watch her because our styles are not similar at all and our sizes/shapes are miles apart. But the struggle is real on YT atm to find anyone who isn't awful and so far she seems like a good egg. And her relationship with Simon makes me laugh. I like their sense of humour.

Anyone know anyone similar? In delivery/vlog style more than fashion-wise.

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk
User avatar
Gizmo2323
Gossiper
Gossiper
 
Posts: 707
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:45 pm
Has thanked: 46 times
Been thanked: 1685 times

Re: Emma Hill

Postby Frankie123 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:28 pm

Gizmo2323 wrote:^ bit random but ok. Maybe stay away from the trash forums yeah?

Just registering my jealousy here. Her instastories have been really enjoyable and she's having all these good times looking great and all that. I still don't know why I watch her because our styles are not similar at all and our sizes/shapes are miles apart. But the struggle is real on YT atm to find anyone who isn't awful and so far she seems like a good egg. And her relationship with Simon makes me laugh. I like their sense of humour.

Anyone know anyone similar? In delivery/vlog style more than fashion-wise.

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk


I’m also very different from Emma’s style and body shape. But I love her vlogs and insta stories. She just seems refreshingly down to earth and genuinely care the content she creates!
Following to see if anyone else has any suggestions for similar you tubers.
I enjoy her slightly more mature content but still with the fun banter!
Frankie123
Learner
Learner
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:37 pm
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 41 times

Re: Emma Hill

Postby SillySausage » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:12 pm

I love her stories and videos :tu: :love2: Can't wait for the Florida vlogs! :FU:
User avatar
SillySausage
Gossiper
Gossiper
 
Posts: 619
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:23 am
Has thanked: 1007 times
Been thanked: 1328 times

Re: Emma Hill

Postby emmaemma » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:55 am

She's 100% my favourite YouTuber right now.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
User avatar
emmaemma
Gossiper
Gossiper
 
Posts: 699
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:04 am
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 136 times

Emma Hill

Postby YouTubeaddict15 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:26 pm

Lateg0ssiper wrote:
Rage&Love wrote:https://www.depop.com/ejstyle/ejstyle-tom-ford-soleil-cheek

Press sample sold for £50?!


I really don't like people doing this. That's really disappointed me. Someone should call her out on this.


She talked about this is one of her videos, she said she sells stuff on Depop and uses the money to reinvest and buy stuff from the same brand who sent her the sample so she so she can show stuff on her channel she genuinely loves xx


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
User avatar
YouTubeaddict15
Informer
Informer
 
Posts: 416
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:13 pm
Has thanked: 555 times
Been thanked: 755 times

Re: Emma Hill

Postby monki » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:20 am

YouTubeaddict15 wrote:
Lateg0ssiper wrote:
Rage&Love wrote:https://www.depop.com/ejstyle/ejstyle-tom-ford-soleil-cheek

Press sample sold for £50?!


I really don't like people doing this. That's really disappointed me. Someone should call her out on this.


She talked about this is one of her videos, she said she sells stuff on Depop and uses the money to reinvest and buy stuff from the same brand who sent her the sample so she so she can show stuff on her channel she genuinely loves xx


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro


Love Emma but don't really agree. She obviously has a lot of money, if she wants to buy something then she should be spending her own money. She should give away all unwanted PR to woman's refuge friends and family.

Before this I had no problem with bloggers selling PR and still don't really, because I always put myself in their position. But I realise I cannot really compare as I work a much harder job, am paying off student loans but don't make anywhere near what these youtubers do. An extra few £ every now and again would really help me, Emma's just justifying greed.
monki
Informer
Informer
 
Posts: 335
Joined: Thu May 15, 2014 2:43 am
Has thanked: 29 times
Been thanked: 364 times

Re: Emma Hill

Postby RockMyBrunch » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:38 am

Yeah I'm with you on this one. I don't see how making money of PR samples can be justified, doesn't matter what you're buying with it.
RockMyBrunch
Learner
Learner
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:18 am
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: Emma Hill

Postby SillySausage » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:44 am

I love how all these Youtubers are barely posting once a week and now Emma is posting 3x per week :respekt: :love2: :tu:
User avatar
SillySausage
Gossiper
Gossiper
 
Posts: 619
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:23 am
Has thanked: 1007 times
Been thanked: 1328 times

Re: Emma Hill

Postby Gizmo2323 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:12 am

SillySausage wrote:I love how all these Youtubers are barely posting once a week and now Emma is posting 3x per week :respekt: :love2: :tu:
Ikr. The contrast between emma and what a lot of bigger YTers have turned into is stark. If they had any shame, they'd be embarrassed by what they call 'work'.

I know she's no saint but atm I do cling onto Emma as a ray of hope in the bottomless pit of YT narcissism. I'll be so gutted if she goes down that road!

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk
User avatar
Gizmo2323
Gossiper
Gossiper
 
Posts: 707
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:45 pm
Has thanked: 46 times
Been thanked: 1685 times

Re: Emma Hill

Postby SillySausage » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:54 am

Gizmo2323 wrote:
SillySausage wrote:I love how all these Youtubers are barely posting once a week and now Emma is posting 3x per week :respekt: :love2: :tu:
Ikr. The contrast between emma and what a lot of bigger YTers have turned into is stark. If they had any shame, they'd be embarrassed by what they call 'work'.

I know she's no saint but atm I do cling onto Emma as a ray of hope in the bottomless pit of YT narcissism. I'll be so gutted if she goes down that road!

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk



Same! No one is perfect. Watching Emma has helped me quit watching others that were just getting on my nerves like LIDL & Moany Pebbles. Very grateful for that :tu: :rofl:
User avatar
SillySausage
Gossiper
Gossiper
 
Posts: 619
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:23 am
Has thanked: 1007 times
Been thanked: 1328 times

Re: Emma Hill

Postby YouTubeaddict15 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:09 pm

Gizmo2323 wrote:
SillySausage wrote:I love how all these Youtubers are barely posting once a week and now Emma is posting 3x per week :respekt: :love2: :tu:
Ikr. The contrast between emma and what a lot of bigger YTers have turned into is stark. If they had any shame, they'd be embarrassed by what they call 'work'.

I know she's no saint but atm I do cling onto Emma as a ray of hope in the bottomless pit of YT narcissism. I'll be so gutted if she goes down that road!

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk


Me too xxx


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
YouTubeaddict15
Informer
Informer
 
Posts: 416
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:13 pm
Has thanked: 555 times
Been thanked: 755 times

Re: Emma Hill

Postby Persephone_moon » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:16 am

monki wrote:
YouTubeaddict15 wrote:
Lateg0ssiper wrote:
Rage&Love wrote:<a class="vglnk" href="https://www.depop.com/ejstyle/ejstyle-tom-ford-soleil-cheek" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>www</span><span>.</span><span>depop</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>ejstyle</span><span>/</span><span>ejstyle</span><span>-</span><span>tom</span><span>-</span><span>ford</span><span>-</span><span>soleil</span><span>-</span><span>cheek</span></a>

Press sample sold for £50?!


I really don't like people doing this. That's really disappointed me. Someone should call her out on this.


She talked about this is one of her videos, she said she sells stuff on Depop and uses the money to reinvest and buy stuff from the same brand who sent her the sample so she so she can show stuff on her channel she genuinely loves xx


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro


Love Emma but don't really agree. She obviously has a lot of money, if she wants to buy something then she should be spending her own money. She should give away all unwanted PR to woman's refuge friends and family.

Before this I had no problem with bloggers selling PR and still don't really, because I always put myself in their position. But I realise I cannot really compare as I work a much harder job, am paying off student loans but don't make anywhere near what these youtubers do. An extra few £ every now and again would really help me, Emma's just justifying greed.


i get where you're coming from, but I think you're being a bit unfair? Compared to other bloggers who straight up put pr on their depop and avoid questions about putting PR gifts for sale, Emma explained why she chooses CERTAIN products to sell; she didn't avoid or ignore the question and she didn't answer rudely (in a few vlogs now she's shown giving PR things to her mom, nothing wrong in that, when i get Samples from sephora, and I have TONS, i give them away instead of hoarding them). She was very professional about it. She mentioned she donates a lot of her stuff already, and either way, these PR gifts are declarable income, so why not resell it to buy something else from the brand that would suit her better? I don't see it as greedy, I think Emma is smarter with her money than most bloggers. For one, her and Simon actually travel together and probably direct their money there; i much prefer seeing that than her buying an expensive handbag with money she's pocketed from PR things and then selling on that handbag 6 months later like some other bloggers

those massive Zara and high street hauls are defs partially subsidized by her affiliate links and she's already mentioned that she donates a lot of it to charity shops and Simon's brother's girlfriend who works at a girl's school. You cannot accuse her of being uncharitable, I don't think that's fair. And don't get me wrong, the mass consumerism of the huge hauls doesn't sit well with me either: I don't buy nearly as much clothes as she does and i avoid high street shops for ecological and ethical reasons, but I mean.. isn't that just the nature of the beast? Fashion and the whole blogosphere is based on consumerism, to overlook that and critique her for pocketing a few pounds so she can buy a tom ford eye brown pencil is unfair.

But i get where you're coming from, when you think about how hard the average person like you and i work, and little these bloggers work, it gets frustrating; I totally agree. But I really think Emma is the least offender in this industry!
If you can't say anything nice, say something clever but devastating ;)
Persephone_moon
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
 
Posts: 1209
Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:42 pm
Has thanked: 513 times
Been thanked: 3684 times

Re: Emma Hill

Postby Gizmo2323 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:20 am

Soooooo just spent my Sunday morning watching the holiday vlogs. Really liked them. Slightly mentally scarred from seeing Simon's nipple ring tho. Lol nope thanks. That trip on paper is not my cup of tea but it looked like a blast. Was it sponsored? Just something Emma said in a vlog beforehand about them only finding out about the trip a few weeks beforehand.

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk
User avatar
Gizmo2323
Gossiper
Gossiper
 
Posts: 707
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:45 pm
Has thanked: 46 times
Been thanked: 1685 times

PreviousNext


  • Advertisement

Return to Adored Bloggers
VigLink badge