Do you know anyone like Kalel in real life?

SethraLavode
Wanderer
Wanderer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Do you know anyone like Kalel in real life?

Post by SethraLavode »

I didn't see a discussion like this around so I'm making this now.
Do you guys know anyone IRL that is like Kalel? Talks all the time, but never does anything? Lies about all kinds of small stuff just to appeal to more people?
People like her are not a rarity at all, I think, I've personally met quite a few. Two examples were exceptionally Kalel-like though.
I grew up with this girl who was so rich an spoiled, she had everything served to her on a silver tray. She was the only girl my age in the hood so we became friends, but she always wanted to have the same things as me - clothes, books, interests, everything! She copied the way I talk, behave, basically my whole personality. She was also very impressionable and had "phases" just like Kalel - she had an emo, scene, actress, musician, Hollywood-obsessed, Japan-obsessed, Korea-obsessed phases... And same as Kale, she talks about all her BIG plans and projects, but never ever does anything, never sticks with anything. She couldn't find herself a rich man to support her, but she still has her parents, she's now in her mid 20's still living with them, they feed her every new craze and desire and all she does is sit in her room and "live" online.
The other girl I know is pretty much the same as ^ + the fact that she is, much like Kalel, a serial deleter and social media junkie. She makes new profiles on every platform in existance and dumps them in a couple of days. She uploads selfies all day and deletes them if they don't get enough likes. She's also super racists, but same as Kale always says she's "just kidding" once she gets called out.

SO, do any of you out there know people like that? Kalel thinks she's super unique, but she's simply a girl without her own personality who has no life other than the fake one she has made for herself online.

SugarproofVeeegan
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Do you know anyone like Kalel in real life?

Post by SugarproofVeeegan »

I myself tend to do more talking/planning than actual executing, like Kalel. But watching her nonsense has lit a fire under my ass to snap out of it. I also tend to make new profiles a lot because I get sick of usernames.

At least those are her more harmless flaws though. I don't know anyone who does that creepy personality morph or labels themselves obsessively, though. Thank God.

Silver Rose 39
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Silver Rose 39 »

I know a few self-centred, arrogant fucks who think they're experts on things they know bugger all about, and one who goes on about how she's such a hard core gamer and blah blah blah, when they only play a few levels of any game and then abandon it. And they're right about everything all the time, and various things like that. I think the only trait I don't know anyone with is the pathological liar one.

I obviously don't like these people very much. They're very difficult to be around.

Elucidite
Talker
Talker

Post by Elucidite »

I was friends with a girl who picked up all of my interests. For example, I have wanted to be a counselor since I was 12, suddenly she's majoring in psychology and talking about how she has great insight into people. She also made grand plans to go all the way to obtaining her PhD, except this girl has been expelled from two different community colleges. She's also lazy like Kalel, which contributed to her horrendous grades. This girl had an overprotective mother who made everything too easy for her so she remained very sheltered and I think that's why she has no personality or ambition of her own.

I also know a girl who has always been a compulsive liar and a one-upper and cultivates her online life very carefully. She's extremely insecure deep down and that's why she lies so much and cares so much about her online appearance.

This is actually a very interesting mental exercise, makes me wonder if the reason Guest acts the way she does isn't related to these reasons.

argie
Learner
Learner

Post by argie »

I had this friend who always tried to copy everything I did well. It started in high school, we've known each other since elementary school but only became friends the last 2 years of HS. Anyway, she'd do everything I did, it got so far she decided to study the same I study... she was never into the career but joined because I did so, and by that point I was already tired of her Kalel-like shit. She was there for nearly 2 years and then left, and I think it's because I stopped talking to her(it took me some years to realize everything). I don't know who she's copying right now.

People at university for example didn't like her because of her Kalel-personality you could see miles away, that's when she started to act even more like me, same jokes, same thoughts towards many things, same interests, everything. I guess because I got along with everyone there.

She's all planning and not doing. All braging and trying to apparent a life style that isn't hers. She truly believes she's right about everything and anyone who thinks otherwise is a moron.

And she's constantly trying to get a meal ticket. Maybe she's the Kalel of my town

EDIT:
Elucidite wrote:For example, I have wanted to be a counselor since I was 12, suddenly she's majoring in psychology and talking about how she has great insight into people. She also made grand plans to go all the way to obtaining her PhD
Similar to what happened to me. Hi five girl hahaha

catmeowkun
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by catmeowkun »

There was this girl in my primary school, no one really used to like her for some reason. She was the only poc in my class and she was poor so I just assumed everyone was racist and mean.
I felt sorry for her because she had no friends so I tried to be her friend, but she was crazy. She would always sabotage everything I did, she would tell these ridiculous lies about her dad being some famous rapper (even though I had met her dad) and she would constantly copy me in everything I did. She was also a compulsive liar. She would pretend to be rich and then steal from me. She would call herself my friend but then whenever she was in trouble, she'd drag me down with her (like guest) She would try and copy me and my other friends. She bought the same (or similar) clothes as me, liked the same shows as me as soon as she found out I liked them. I joined the school musical, she joined it the next day. I auditioned for the school band, she followed me to audition too. I liked Miley Cyrus, next day she doesn't shut up about Miley Cyrus. She told so many lies that she couldn't even keep up with them herself.
I was such a naive little kid that I just thought people were racist to her, but now that I look back at it, the reason people didn't like her was because she was crazy. Towards the end of my time at that school I started to see through her bullshit but I just couldn't stop feeling kinda bad for her so I stuck with her for like 6 years. Thank god we never saw each other again. I wonder who's she's copying now.

halfbakedpotato
Talker
Talker

Post by halfbakedpotato »

Yes, I have. Don't feel like telling the whole story about her though. Ever since I saw through Kalel, I thought "Wow! She's just like my friend. Delusional, lies here and there, and never sticks to her word." I love that girl, but let's just say we don't talk anymore.

Issy09
Informer
Informer

Post by Issy09 »

I recently stopped talking to a friend who had similar traits to Kalel. I thought she was nice and we became really close, but then I started to notice how clingy she was (couldn't go an hour without texting me) and how she started copying the way I dressed, games I played, anime and tv shows I watched, people I admired and just interest like drawing etc. She would also go out of her way to befriend anyone I knew, like she would add them on facebook right away. She was also very attention seeking, she'd tell people she had an eating disorder though she didn't.
Out of nowhere she completely stopped talking to me. I was so confused because we hadn't had a fight or anything. I then found out through a mutual friend she was hanging out with a group I originally introduced her to. She basically used the anime and games I showed her to become a "nerd girl". She then clung herself to a Japanese girl from the group and went through what I'll call a "kawaii" phase.
Eventually she ditched that group and hung out with her exboyfriends exgirlfriend who is an inspiring photographer was (still kinda is) in a model phase and had completely changed her personality around that. Her modelling photos were ridiculous so I got a laugh from those.
She's now hanging out with a Canadian girl so she's suddenly a world traveler and dancer, though she's only taken classes on and off over the years.
She isn't completely like Kalel but she does change her personality a lot and thinks she's the shit. She gets freakishly obsessed with guys as well.

whatjusthappened
Learner
Learner

Post by whatjusthappened »

I knew someone just like Kristen. And her name WAS Kristen too ironically. We used to be good friends but I couldn't take her bs anymore so I just stopped talking to her. She was so full of herself. Every conversation with her she would only ever talk about her achievements, her life, her accomplishments, her boyfriend. I could never get a word out. Then you confront her on it and she acts like she has no idea what you're talking about. She was a compulsive liar as well. One day she'll come in with a self-pity story like "OMG I'm soo poor guys my life is terrible."
Then we'd be shopping together the next week, and I'll opt out of buying something I can't afford and she'll be like, we'll I got tons of extra cash so I'm gonna splurge on all of this. She'd make up lie after lie. It feel like She wanted me to pity her, but at the same time be jealous of her? My other friends were her friend too and experienced all the same shit. I just can't with this types of people. It drives me nuts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

whatjusthappened
Learner
Learner

Post by whatjusthappened »

Issy09 wrote:I recently stopped talking to a friend who had similar traits to Kalel. I thought she was nice and we became really close, but then I started to notice how clingy she was (couldn't go an hour without texting me) and how she started copying the way I dressed, games I played, anime and tv shows I watched, people I admired and just interest like drawing etc. She would also go out of her way to befriend anyone I knew, like she would add them on facebook right away. She was also very attention seeking, she'd tell people she had an eating disorder though she didn't.
Out of nowhere she completely stopped talking to me. I was so confused because we hadn't had a fight or anything. I then found out through a mutual friend she was hanging out with a group I originally introduced her to. She basically used the anime and games I showed her to become a "nerd girl". She then clung herself to a Japanese girl from the group and went through what I'll call a "kawaii" phase.
Eventually she ditched that group and hung out with her exboyfriends exgirlfriend who is an inspiring photographer was (still kinda is) in a model phase and had completely changed her personality around that. Her modelling photos were ridiculous so I got a laugh from those.
She's now hanging out with a Canadian girl so she's suddenly a world traveler and dancer, though she's only taken classes on and off over the years.
She isn't completely like Kalel but she does change her personality a lot and thinks she's the shit. She gets freakishly obsessed with guys as well.
Same with the girl that I knew! She would tell me she never eats anything and says she was anorexic. She's naturally really skinny so people believed her. She'd tell peope she had depression, OCD, etc. I was concerned. But one day I slept over her house for 2 days and she ate tons of shit like it was no deal. It sickens me how people feign these serious mental illnesses for attention.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mameha
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by mameha »

I work with a Kalel.

90% of her "work" day is trying to weasel out of doing any real work.
But she struts around like she's god's gift to the place.

She has a weak-ass personality. Any personality trait she picks up on, she'll glom onto. Oh you like that food? She brings it into work the next day. You like that TV show? OMG she'll start watching it to discuss it with you. You have plans for tonight? She invites herself to go with.

She's a stage-five clinger and it's annoying as hell. Even asking about major life decisions (like having kids), she'll change her answer based on who's around.

patra
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by patra »

Wow reading all this is really eye opening. Kalel really does seem to absorb the personality of whoever she's around..

Return to “Kalel”