dinatrix
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Jen Luv's Reviews

Post by dinatrix »

https://www.youtube.com/user/jenluvsreviews

She is always so honest with her reviews and did a few videos talking about the beauty community on youtube very frankly.
Whenever she opens beauty subscription boxes, she always includes all the prices of the items, and full size price if they are samples, comparing the price she paid (Or very clearly states when she got the box for free) to the total value of the items. She also does pinterest buster videos where she tries various tutorials or moneysaving tips that have been floating around pinterest.

Her most popular- 'The TRUTH about making money on YouTube and being a "Beauty Guru" "

Anyway she always has very honest, useful, funny reviews with real information/stats.
I'm a Computer Engineer who talks to the whole internet about rainbow hair, tech, and asmr!: https://www.youtube.com/user/Dinabinachama

nina84
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Jen Luv's Reviews

Post by nina84 »

I really like her too! The first vid I saw of her was a faves/least favorites from TheBalm and she seemed funny and since pretty much all her videos are reviews I tend to watch a lot from her

I_Wonder2
Learner
Learner

Post by I_Wonder2 »

I love this girl!

CaliMel

Post by CaliMel »

I really really love her too! She's super sweet and funny. Plus, she doesn't take criticism personally, she listens to it. Some of us were telling her that she was sort of screaming in every video, and she actually made an effort to go back to how she used to film where she spoke more normally, instead of getting all defensive and weird like most other people would have.

penguinasaurus
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by penguinasaurus »

Ick. I hate her. She's such a bitch!

Karening
Informer
Informer

Post by Karening »

I was hoping there'd be a few raves for Jen. I like her videos (I can do without the hubby ones), but that new thing she's doing, the Week in Makeup, is not just good, it's useful. And she does it well! (Just skip the outtakes crap at the end; I wish gurus would drop this stuff. Not funny and a waste of time.)

PeaceAndLove
Lurker
Lurker

Post by PeaceAndLove »

Karening wrote:I was hoping there'd be a few raves for Jen. I like her videos (I can do without the hubby ones), but that new thing she's doing, the Week in Makeup, is not just good, it's useful. And she does it well! (Just skip the outtakes crap at the end; I wish gurus would drop this stuff. Not funny and a waste of time.)
I agree. I like Jen. I find her to be very informative and she's so down to earth. :)

prettylittlelyre
Learner
Learner

Jen Luv's Reviews

Post by prettylittlelyre »

So... It had been suggested several times in the trash section to start a rave thread as so few people could actually find something negative to say about Jen! I really enjoy watching her videos, I feel like she's one of the few youtubers left that is honest!!!

smarlo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by smarlo »

I like her too. She's honest, not too vain and responds to my comments!
That Girl!

Joni_M
Informer
Informer

Post by Joni_M »

prettylittlelyre wrote:So... It had been suggested several times in the trash section to start a rave thread as so few people could actually find something negative to say about Jen! I really enjoy watching her videos, I feel like she's one of the few youtubers left that is honest!!!
Totally agree. And she seems like a real person. She has a regular job. She's a mom but doesn't talk about her kids excessively, although occasioanally they appear to review their own subscription boxes and they're cute and well-spoken. Some days she has makeup on, some days she doesn't. Best of all, she does reviews in a room without little twinkly lights behind her! She's different, and YouTube needs more of that! Thanks for starting a rave thread about Jen!

smarlo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by smarlo »

Ha! there are now three different threads for Jen in this section.

can they be combined?
That Girl!

luchadora0112
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by luchadora0112 »

smarlo wrote:Ha! there are now three different threads for Jen in this section.

can they be combined?
I have been searching for one! This is the only one I found I think?

I really enjoy watching her videos. I appreciate when she gives her own value of a product. I know it is subjective, but I HATE how these companies trick people to buying saying $100+ value! (Boxycharm) but it is all old crap that nobody wanted, or new crap from new companies that over value their goods.... She is so much more real than the other gurus. And I loved that she made those videos telling the truth about youtube, sponsorships, and affiliate links. :tu:

CallistaS
Learner
Learner

Post by CallistaS »

She's one of my very favorite people to watch.
I love her really really really old videos, they're much more random and she hadn't quite started the beauty channel yet. It's on a separate channel from the beauty one, and not sure if she even uses that one anymore.
But I like her because she involves her kids and it doesn't come across as weird or like she's SUPER controlling with them.
They seem like a normal family and she has a great personality.

ItsJustMe81
Learner
Learner

Post by ItsJustMe81 »

prettylittlelyre wrote:So... It had been suggested several times in the trash section to start a rave thread as so few people could actually find something negative to say about Jen! I really enjoy watching her videos, I feel like she's one of the few youtubers left that is honest!!!

I totally agree!! She's the best and number one favorite youtuber to watch. :love2: :love2: <3

cmk808
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by cmk808 »

glad to see her in the rave section because she's my current favorite Youtuber. I don't know whether it's because she's a little older, but her personality is really great. I don't always agree with all of her opinions about products but I totally believe that they are her real opinions. I love what she's said about companies sending her products because they want to know if something actually is good or terrible, and I know that if she thinks it's terrible, she'll be honest. I don't think she's ever going to hawk something that sucks.

her relatively low subscriber count is a travesty. She's one of the best people on the site.

And her husband is HOT! Someone's gotta say it.

smarlo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by smarlo »

Since she's still got a smaller subscriber base, she can be more actively involved with her subscribers, which I really like.
That Girl!

pinkladyalley35
Informer
Informer

Post by pinkladyalley35 »

penguinasaurus wrote:Ick. I hate her. She's such a bitch!
I have seen your comments on a lot of different boards. Just out of curiosity, do you hate all Youtubers in general, or are there some you like? If so, who? Just curious :D

justafleshwound
Talker
Talker

Post by justafleshwound »

I'm gonna Rave. I get really sucked into the Trash sections when maybe I shouldn't. I find her honest and down to earth. I also believe she has kept her day job and not been totally sucked into the YouTube world.

I really love the What's up in Makeup videos. Even though I live in the UK and therefore Sephora is not available to me, I find them really interesting even if I can't have 98% of the stuff mentioned. Obviously I don't expect her to cover international releases but I appreciate the amount of research that goes into the videos.
I wish she would do more declutter videos. I could watch declutter videos all day.

pussyglitter
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by pussyglitter »

I like her and she would be one of my favourites to watch, but the yelling puts me off. I wish she'd chill out and relax a bit before starting filming.

Stop yelling, Jen!

luchadora0112
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by luchadora0112 »

Yeah, I noticed a lot of people bring up he yelling. And I find myself noticing that more and more. I did like the declutter videos. I just really like those because they encourage me to declutter and not hoard a bunch of makeup I could never possibly use.

I also really liked her slideshow of the makeup news, almost better than her news broadcast of it. Sorry Jen! Maybe it is just the way I take things in, but I found myself actually being able to see the pictures because they were full screen. Instead of just a little corner. And it seemed like it wasn't so long, and she does make mistakes consistently when reading off the paper I noticed. Maybe she could try that format again for the makeup news.

And the only reason I am saying this is because I know she does read here and takes these things into consideration. Which is really awesome! I like that Jen is actually trying to put out content her viewers want, and receptive to critiques.
We :love2: you Jen!

Return to “Jen Luv's Reviews”