Daddy "Definitely NOT Scripted Videos" Dawson (Part 9)

Hippo
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Daddy "Definitely NOT Scripted Videos" Dawson (Part 9)

Post by Hippo »

Lol that's hilarious that he's backtracking on the "I don't need to upload because I just did x number of minutes" stance because that tweet about him not uploading got over a thousand likes.

Lily Laurette
Debater
Debater

Post by Lily Laurette »

I would actually really like the three part series IF they weren't completely stretched out and if Shane truly understood tone and subtlety. Your audience isn't brain dead Shane, whenever there is an "emotional" moment you don't have to cue in the generic sad stock music. If there is a genuinely touching bit that happens keep it in, but don't force them in willy nilly. Also he needs to stop mixing comedy and drama together in his videos. Shane has made it clear that he has zero understanding of how to blend moods in his videos, (one second he and Garrett are making a fat joke with happy cartoon music playing, and the next Shane is "holding back tears" over a terrible sad guitar song), so Shane needs to keep his comedy and drama very seperate. I don't get why he wants to be a director when he has such little comprehension of tone. I feel like he doesn't even watch movies.

Post by Guest »

Andrew seems annoyed in these videos now.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

tkadvil
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by tkadvil »

Lily Laurette wrote:I would actually really like the three part series IF they weren't completely stretched out and if Shane truly understood tone and subtlety. Your audience isn't brain dead Shane, whenever there is an "emotional" moment you don't have to cue in the generic sad stock music. If there is a genuinely touching bit that happens keep it in, but don't force them in willy nilly. Also he needs to stop mixing comedy and drama together in his videos. Shane has made it clear that he has zero understanding of how to blend moods in his videos, (one second he and Garrett are making a fat joke with happy cartoon music playing, and the next Shane is "holding back tears" over a terrible sad guitar song), so Shane needs to keep his comedy and drama very seperate. I don't get why he wants to be a director when he has such little comprehension of tone. I feel like he doesn't even watch movies.
I don't quite understand this. I've never seen a movie that had completely one tone in its entirety. Besides maybe a scary movie. Tons of movies shift moods and tones, dramatic to lighthearted, happy to sad or angry, etc. I think the different tones are fine, he just shouldn't put those clips so close together? Joking to crying within 2 mins is a bit weird imo.

I love his style of videos now, but his spontaneous posting gets a little disheartening. I like youtubers that have specific schedules, cause then I can be like "oh it's almost wednesday! Jenna's video will be up sometime, can't wait!". There's no telling with Shane now, so I'm not as hyped.

If he's wanting to put much more effort and time in his videos and make them more lengthy, he may need to stick to one video a week, or every 3-4 days, or maybe even every other week. Every other week would probably lower his views a little, cause people want weekly content. But it'd probably help him out a lot. He could use the first week to film a bunch of video ideas, all the parts for each idea, etc. Then that weekend, edit it all up, then the following week post it in a specific schedule. I don't know though, any other ideas on that? Many people are kind of over the spontaneous posting, including me. It gets a bit annoying when one week he posted m-t-w, next week w-th-f, next week just monday, etc.

mizcracker

Post by mizcracker »

I personally enjoy the 2/3 parters and haven't tired of them yet but I'm sure I will if he keeps only pushing them. i think they're pretty unique and definitely worth keeping around but he doesn't need to do them all the time. they'd be much more enjoyable if he took a while to develop his ideas and plan them out better.

i liked the fatsuit video but i don't think it was executed well enough, it could've been so much more.

also can we get videos with just shane in them at least once in a while? i can't stand ryland and although i really love garrett, i'm mainly subscribed because of shane and i'd like to see videos where he doesn't rely on others for content.

Lily Laurette
Debater
Debater

Post by Lily Laurette »

tkadvil wrote:
I don't quite understand this. I've never seen a movie that had completely one tone in its entirety. Besides maybe a scary movie. Tons of movies shift moods and tones, dramatic to lighthearted, happy to sad or angry, etc. I think the different tones are fine, he just shouldn't put those clips so close together? Joking to crying within 2 mins is a bit weird imo. l
Different tones and shifting moods is not a bad thing at all and is essential in movies, however only if it is done right. Shane does not know how to blend comedy and drama flawlessly at all, it is incredibly forced. I wouldn't mind the tone switching if it was done correctly, I would actually encourage it, however when Shane does it is incredibly forced and fake. There are a lot of movies that are able to pull off drastic tonal shifts, for example Boogie Nights or Goodfellas, but I honestly think Shane doesn't get that.

Purple Blood
Informer
Informer

Post by Purple Blood »

I'm getting tired of the 3-part "series",Shane's channel has basically turned into a (very scripted)reality show,with regular cast members...In every freaking video someone gets "surprised",his mom cries for absolutely no reason etc.

I'm glad someone called him out about the lack of videos,he used to post 5 videos a week with no trouble and now he's posting every other week?It's getting ridiculous

lolcakes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lolcakes »

this is kind of OT: the 3 part video with Blair and how they said they were going to be friends again... and then made a couple videos/vlogs with each other and now they don’t talk anymore .. i wonder what happened lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

potterhead10
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by potterhead10 »

I just watched Ryland's new video where he buys his dog a toy g-wagon and oh my god was it cringe-worthy. I am actually one of the few on here that actually likes his videos somewhat, but this was just out of control with him doing like 5 car tours (literally no one cares) and twerking. He rented this huge Uhaul truck to move this toy car to his house which I was confused by. I mean, maybe he thought it would make a good video? Even Shane and Morgan seemed to think the whole idea was stupid. I was honestly getting secondhand embarrassment the entire video.

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by ewokfan11 »

Ryan needs to go back to work. His videos are getting worse by the week. 17 minutes of buying a stupid car (that's for kids) for his dog? Renting a U-Haul??

Not even worth watching. He really isn't very smart or talented or interesting.

Also, I am 100% sure they could have fit that toy car in his car if they just fold the seats down. Pointless to buy a HUGE and expensive car if you can't load bigger things in it. :roll: :roll: :roll:

pyroclitoral
Talker
Talker

Post by pyroclitoral »

lolcakes wrote:this is kind of OT: the 3 part video with Blair and how they said they were going to be friends again... and then made a couple videos/vlogs with each other and now they don’t talk anymore .. i wonder what happened lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How do you know if they hang out? Maybe they just don't do videos together.

tkadvil
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by tkadvil »

MaxCrackfield wrote:Andrew seems annoyed in these videos now.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Hmm I havent really sensed any annoyance from him.. I think its just cause he is still uncomfortable being in front of the camera instead of behind.

And I agree about what someone said about Blair. I doubt her and Shane talk still. In the Blair series I recall her saying something along the lines of "I wasn't sure what your intentions were with this.. was it because you want to be friends again or was it just a video idea".. it was the latter.

youbetterst0p
Debater
Debater

Post by youbetterst0p »

Speaking of Rylands new video, Shane made a comment about how funny it would be for Ryland to drive the pink mini G into the pool and Rylands reaction was "How much money will you give me" .... is he really not aware how materialistic he makes himself look? He also said that the name 'Bougie' would be 'on brand' , haha how fitting Ryland.

youbetterst0p
Debater
Debater

Post by youbetterst0p »

and apologies for the DP, but it really bugs me that they havent named their dog yet. thats so not cool

tkadvil
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by tkadvil »

youbetterst0p wrote:Speaking of Rylands new video, Shane made a comment about how funny it would be for Ryland to drive the pink mini G into the pool and Rylands reaction was "How much money will you give me" .... is he really not aware how materialistic he makes himself look? He also said that the name 'Bougie' would be 'on brand' , haha how fitting Ryland.
I like Ryland but he definitely seems very greedy and materialistic. Maybe that's just his persona on their videos and its only for comedy, idk. I hope that's the case, but its uncomfortable the amount of times he mentions something that has to do with money or getting expensive things.

MissLittle
Learner
Learner

Post by MissLittle »

youbetterst0p wrote:and apologies for the DP, but it really bugs me that they havent named their dog yet. thats so not cool
I thought she was named Honey? Did I miss something? I really don't watch Shane & Ryland often

stephan1e111
Lurker
Lurker

Post by stephan1e111 »

MissLittle wrote:
youbetterst0p wrote:and apologies for the DP, but it really bugs me that they havent named their dog yet. thats so not cool
I thought she was named Honey? Did I miss something? I really don't watch Shane & Ryland often

They named her Honey, but then he tweeted and said how she wasn't responding to that name and how he didn't really like it that much in the first place (even though it seemed like he LOVED it in the vid)

Boots22
Learner
Learner

Post by Boots22 »

I think Shane should post bloopers of previous videos when he knows that there is no video for a week or do a question and answer video. Similar to Jenna Marbles does during the Christmas time she posts bloopers of her videos through out the year. Also maybe

skittles
Informer
Informer

Post by skittles »

Ryland 100% wouldn't be with Shane if Shane didn't have money...I know it's a bold opinion but come on, in the past year he's gone from shy boyfriend/we won't exploit our relationship/working at Clevver to....whatever he is now. I think Ryland loves spending. What was that weird thing about Louis Vuitton in his most recent video...? Shane seems more and more uncomfortable whenever Ryland goes into his basic bitch personality... I think he's realizing it stopped being an "act" recently.

Maybe Ryland's sister being around will humble him a bit...though she also pushed him into getting the g wagon so who knows.

And I agree that it'd be good for him to just post SOMETHING else other than the 3-parters/conspiracy videos. Some real vlogs of just him or just extra footage or something. I know it would mess up the "flow" of his channel but it would at least be something.

mizcracker

Post by mizcracker »

the funniest thing for me was when ryland was singing dear future husband and shane was like 'you mean me?' and rylands like 'oh yeah' but it def looked like shane being his husband was the furthest thing from his mind :rofl:

Return to “Shane Dawson”