revenga
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Jenna Marbles- Part 3

Post by revenga »

Lilly_paddycake wrote:
revenga wrote: I dont mind Julien being there, I get it and if it makes her happy i am cool with it. What I dont like that much anymore is the content of her videos, thats where the problem is with me. Shaving my boyfriend is just ridiculous and a new low! And its not because Julien is there, is because shaving someone with a machine is not interesting content at all. One thing is uploading videos that she likes and make her laugh, I get that and I agree, she shouldnt do things she doesnt like, but at least put some effort on it!! If i check her videos from 1 year ago, they were so different. Now it seems like every week is some ridiculous "make up" thing always on that damn table. Too lazy to even change the scenario.
I don't care if Julien is in her videos either, that is her prerogative. But as someone wrote above, make another channel for that. I don't like him, and I don't come to channel to see him. I wish she would make a completely different collab channel for them. Her video this week was lazy and %100 garbage. She should absolutely make content that makes her laugh. But the difference now is her older videos seemed more for her viewers and connecting with them. Now it's mediocre content that revolves around her and Julien doing shit that 12 year olds ask for.
You're right, it would be better just to make another channel. I dont mind him but I guess other people do and I 100% get that point. Doing a 2nd channel would involve more work and I dont think they are up for that. They have the podcast together and Julien even stopped uploading every day to 3 (?) times a week so he can have more time for other stuff. I dont see her coming up with ideas for her channel AND having a couples channel. Its sad though because I really like Jenna.

Taffer
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Taffer »

I guess this the way its going to be for now, until they break up or something. I don't know if they'll get married; Jenna seems to be pushhing it off for whatever reason.

fancyvagabond
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by fancyvagabond »

I doubt Jenna is putting off anything with Julien. She's obsessed with him and made her entire life revolve around him, including her job. If it was up to her they'd have a one year old by now. The way she spoke about her baby niece at the end of vlogmass 2015 made that very obvious, and she's been dropping the B bomb since. Unfortunately Julien is 6 years younger and ignores Jenna every time she brings it up.
People still do Vlogs? Vlogs are what you shouldn't do when you've got nothing to do. They're terrible. It's like, why don't you make an idea?

- Willam Belli

GoP1kachuGo
Talker
Talker

Post by GoP1kachuGo »

Okay so this is kinda OT but I recently started watching Spaced (the TV show) and a character called Marsha IS Jenna. Like I literally cannot watch it without thinking about her.
Please somebody tell me I'm not crazy :'D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRLAjR3-Ax4

this is the only clip I could find that kinda shows the way she talks, but it's basically that throughout the entire show.

fancyvagabond
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by fancyvagabond »

30/30 videos she put out the past six months are with Julien. The deterioration of her mental state is synchronized with Julien taking over her channel. The more desperate and insecure she is about him not being ready to have kids, the more she puts him in her videos so she can read those comments from 12 year olds validating her relationship and telling her what cute babies Julien and her will have. I'd say we got at least two more years of this pathetic Jenna before Julien caves in.
People still do Vlogs? Vlogs are what you shouldn't do when you've got nothing to do. They're terrible. It's like, why don't you make an idea?

- Willam Belli

LivingForTheDrama
Learner
Learner

Post by LivingForTheDrama »

Like, I wouldn't be AS bothered by the over saturation of Julian on her channel if she'd at LEAST cut back a little bit. Julian in small doses is at least better than him being in every single video she makes. The truth is, if I wanted to see videos full of Julian I'd just subscribe to his channel. I just don't get why she has to let him be in every single video she makes. The podcasts are fine with the two of them, I guess. I don't really watch them but I get the point of having both of them there. But her new videos she puts out every Wednesday-slash-Thursday? Come on Jenna it doesn't have to be over the top or overly complicated, I just miss her talking to the camera about whatever, with out shouting "oh helll yeahhh" to the disembodied voice of Julian off camera. I love memes just as much as the next person, I understand that couples have inside jokes and think they're being cute when they repeat them a million times like toddlers, but cut it the fuck BACK on your main content.

I think the last video I really enjoyed that was just her and the camera (with out any of her precious Julie) was her "How I did my make up in high school" and it was just CLASSIC Jenna. Its also one of her highest viewed videos. Its just a shame.

jasket
Lurker
Lurker

Post by jasket »

Man I can't stand Julien in her videos. I agree that she is not talking to her audience anymore. Her videos are almost like watching them hang out without the camera on.

On a different note, I don't know if anyone pays attention to their twitch stream, but it's only Julien now. For a brief time, they used to switch off playing every other week and Jenna would play Hearthstone or Elder Scrolls by herself. I really liked to hang out watching her play ALONE. Now julien is the only one playing and a lot of the time Jenna is there but is completely off camera. She will poke her head in for a few seconds but never plays anymore. She honestly never does anything alone anymore. they should just rename the damn thing Juliengames

smarlo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by smarlo »

she should just rename her channel Julien24/7 .
That Girl!

fancyvagabond
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by fancyvagabond »

jasket wrote:On a different note, I don't know if anyone pays attention to their twitch stream, but it's only Julien now.
Yep. and their set up for was paid with twitch donations from their fans who were promised to see Jenna playing as well, not just Julien. Total rip off.

- Willam Belli

Nun4GretchenWieners
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Nun4GretchenWieners »

jasket wrote:
On a different note, I don't know if anyone pays attention to their twitch stream, but it's only Julien now. For a brief time, they used to switch off playing every other week and Jenna would play Hearthstone or Elder Scrolls by herself. I really liked to hang out watching her play ALONE. Now julien is the only one playing and a lot of the time Jenna is there but is completely off camera. She will poke her head in for a few seconds but never plays anymore. She honestly never does anything alone anymore. they should just rename the damn thing Juliengames
I think it maybe because Jennas name and face brings in views. Jenna and Julien Podcast, Jenna and Julien Gaming. I think without her name less people would be interested. Because she is established Youtuber with a high sub count, putting her name first also probably gets them sponsors for the podcast. I used to like to watch the gaming videos of just her also. I wonder if she just likes playing elder scrolls and being able to lay on the couch. On a side note I hope that Julien donates the money is donating to him for the 24 hour stream to charity. Oh who am I kidding he wouldn't do any such thing. Got to pocket that cash and by also make sure people buy his shirt and pins :roll:

Nun4GretchenWieners
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

*On a side note, I hope that Julien donates the money from the 24 hour stream to charity*
Sorry that sentence in my last post was a clusterf*ck!

tuskvegas
Informer
Informer

Post by tuskvegas »

Lilly_paddycake wrote:*On a side note, I hope that Julien donates the money from the 24 hour stream to charity*
Can I ask, why should he have to?

Teacup30
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Teacup30 »

I think its weird to ask for the donations to start with. And thank people. Its just weird. So is having a 24hr live stream. I'd rather watch grass grow.

Also can I just say J&J fans are the weirdest bunch of suck arses I've ever seen? 10 minutes on twitter is enough to make you ill. Look at me I stuck fake diamonds on my face just like you Jenna! Look at me Julien I bought your shirt! Isn't it just the most amazing thing ever?
:love1: Strong women don't have attitudes. They have high standards and firm boundaries. :love1:

KayFizzy888
Lurker
Lurker

Post by KayFizzy888 »

I agree asking for donations is weird.

Nun4GretchenWieners
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

tuskvegas wrote:
Lilly_paddycake wrote:*On a side note, I hope that Julien donates the money from the 24 hour stream to charity*
Can I ask, why should he have to?
He doesn't have to do anything. Jenna (with Julien in tow) are YouTube "celebrities". I just thought it would be cool to give back to a good cause like some Celiac research, or an animal shelter. Even twitch users with a quarter of the following they have, do 24 hr charity streams. With the money that Julien had donated to him over 24 hrs, it seems kind of tacky to pocket, IMO. But I also think the whole donating on twitch is really weird to me. But I guess viewers consider it paying entertainment.
Just my opinion I don't pretend to have a say in what they do with their earnings. There were a number of comments in his vlog throughout the week asking if he would donate it to charity. So I wasn't the only one thinking it.

fancyvagabond
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by fancyvagabond »

Teacup30 wrote:Also can I just say J&J fans are the weirdest bunch of suck arses I've ever seen? 10 minutes on twitter is enough to make you ill. Look at me I stuck fake diamonds on my face just like you Jenna! Look at me Julien I bought your shirt! Isn't it just the most amazing thing ever?
LOL they are really a pathetic bunch.

The twitch donation thing is a total shake down of fans desperate for attention, and it's how streamers make most of their $$$

I can MAYBE understand it if it's limited by the streamer, and only when it comes to full time streamers who are online 8 hours a day 5 days a week. Because streamers only pocket half of the $5 per month a subscriber pays, so even a popular, full time streamer with 200k followers who may have 1000 subs per month, only pockets $2,500 per month. But they do also get paid by sponsors so that's not their entire income.

For casual streamers like Jenna and (mostly) Julien, who stream what, twice a week? For 2-4 hours at a time? No, there is not excuse excepting donations. It's a complete exploitation of their idiot fans. I honestly assumed Julien did the 24 stream specifically FOR a charity.... Why else would he do that when he's not even a full time streamer, especially after whining about his "anxiety"? And he enabled donations? That's fucked.

Do Jenna and Julien take donations on the regular or was this a one time thing? I remember they did at first so their fans would pay for their set up :roll:, but then Jenna said they turned donations off so they can "sleep at night". I guess they don't have that problem anymore, despite Julien's "Anxiety" :roll:

- Willam Belli

SuperFakeFace
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by SuperFakeFace »

I still just can't believe she did a video about shaving Julien's face... not even a funny twist on it (like making different beard styles while doing it) or anything.

I wonder if this is like some inside joke between them "How far can we go with this lazy content until people stop watching?". Because this can't be for real.

bits
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by bits »

I watch a lot of Twitch. If people beg for donations that's cringey, but most people donate because they like the attention it gives them from the streamer. If someone is an adult spending their own money I don't see the problem, no one is holding a gun to these people's heads and saying they have to give Julien money.
@zoella shove ya gingerbread cutter up ya arse xoxo

smarlo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by smarlo »

SuperFakeFace wrote:I still just can't believe she did a video about shaving Julien's face... not even a funny twist on it (like making different beard styles while doing it) or anything.

I wonder if this is like some inside joke between them "How far can we go with this lazy content until people stop watching?". Because this can't be for real.

I know I've stopped watching.
That Girl!

Nun4GretchenWieners
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

bits wrote:I watch a lot of Twitch. If people beg for donations that's cringey, but most people donate because they like the attention it gives them from the streamer. If someone is an adult spending their own money I don't see the problem, no one is holding a gun to these people's heads and saying they have to give Julien money.
I agree with this. I didn't even think about it as also getting attention from the streamers. Do they give a shout out every time someone donates? It's just weird to me, especially the Youtube channels that plug their Patreon. I guess it's like asking people to invest in their business, but in a tacky way. It's kind of like the people who misuse GoFundMe. There are some people who really need it. Then there are some people who are like, well I want a better computer, but I want someone else to pay for it.

I skimmed through the podcast on my lunch break. I know last week was a hot button topic, but this one seemed to fall flat. Between Jenna's last two videos and this Podcast, it seems like they maybe falling into a rut. If people wanted to hear about Julien's 24 hour stream experience, they would watch his vlogs. I also don't think that many people have an interest in UFC talk. Their podcasts on those have very low view counts. I don't know, I feel like if you don't really have the energy or material to make a good podcast, just skip making one for that week.
I will say that it was super cute that all the dogs were sleeping next to Jenna. They looked so comfortable. But then Julien called Peach over, when she was sleeping. She went over, but then returned to Jenna in a matter of minutes. That was a little annoying.

Return to “JennaMarbles”