Connor Franta (CoffeeGuy) Part 3

caitliz92
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Connor Franta (CoffeeGuy) Part 3

Post by caitliz92 »

that would help his views alot, but i think even if they did come out about their relationship they still wouldn't do collab videos or anything. they just seem like they really don't want to be a big "youtube couple"

dreammuffin
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by dreammuffin »

larrie wrote:i don't think his lowering view count has anything to do with the glitch..he must be pretty naive if he thinks so. his views have been dropping steadily for quite some time now, his content has simply gotten worse and he needs a freaking wake up call. the best thing for him would be to use his relationship with troye to get people interested, since that's why most people even bother with him in the first place lol.
Connor is actually more popular than Troye; believe it or not . I do wish he would do more comedic skits though; he actually has a knack for comedy and if he took it seriously he could be more than a glorified businessman.

sweetmm
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by sweetmm »

dreammuffin wrote:Connor is actually more popular than Troye; believe it or not . I do wish he would do more comedic skits though; he actually has a knack for comedy and if he took it seriously he could be more than a glorified businessman.
Yeah just compare their book sales!!! His latest video is decent enough, insta is not my cup of tea but it is a topic dear to many I guess.
Credit:amazingfiru

manged
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by manged »

[tweet][/tweet] Even he's befuddled by it. I guess people really are still checking for Connor, even if it doesn't show in his view count??

zalfiephan9

Post by zalfiephan9 »

manged wrote:[tweet][/tweet] Even he's befuddled by it. I guess people really are still checking for Connor, even if it doesn't show in his view count??
I assume it is a matter of people discovering him through older videos or possibly his coming out video. Then slowly realizing that the newer videos suck. I assume that is how a lot of these youtubers keep getting subs. No way are people watching Connor's newest videos and thinking to themselves "Wow I want to keep watching this on a weekly basis" unless they are only interested in looking at him or are really basic foe-hipsters like Connor.

sweetmm
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by sweetmm »

deltanu2 wrote:
manged wrote:[tweet][/tweet] Even he's befuddled by it. I guess people really are still checking for Connor, even if it doesn't show in his view count??
I assume it is a matter of people discovering him through older videos or possibly his coming out video. Then slowly realizing that the newer videos suck. I assume that is how a lot of these youtubers keep getting subs. No way are people watching Connor's newest videos and thinking to themselves "Wow I want to keep watching this on a weekly basis" unless they are only interested in looking at him or are really basic foe-hipsters like Connor.
Maybe his current videos caters to the new generation of 13 y.o. :roll:
Credit:amazingfiru

youtubelover
Debater
Debater

Post by youtubelover »

You would think connor would take his youtube channel more seriously seeing as it's career and all the money he makes is related to his channel and fans. If he keeps going at this pace he will run his channel into the ground like Troyes. Although at least Troye has his music to make him money, it probably doesn't pay as nice as youtube but it's something. Connor doesn't really have anything to make him money outside if youtube. I would be pretty concerned if I were him

illegal_mind
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by illegal_mind »

he's reselling his book. this version is hard cover, and it's signed, but the thing to lure in people to buy it is that it has new stuff that wasn't in the original version. but it's only available in bookstores in the u.s., canada, u.k., australia and india
The Internet knows all your secrets

zalfiephan9

Post by zalfiephan9 »

illegal_mind wrote:he's reselling his book. this version is hard cover, and it's signed, but the thing to lure in people to buy it is that it has new stuff that wasn't in the original version. but it's only available in bookstores in the u.s., canada, u.k., australia and india
Unless it has an in depth description of his relationship with Troye and (it needs both) a play for play of what went down with him and O2L then I think I will survive. I was stupid enough to pre-order the first version. I won't be stupid enough to buy this one. I don't know who was more coincided Connor with his book or Kim Kardashian with her selfie book.

Unicornet
Learner
Learner

Post by Unicornet »

His videos are getting really boring nowadays, they are way too professional and look fake,also i feel like he's spoiled kind of. That's really sad because he thought (probably still) that its just a glitch !
LOL and he calls himself creative just because he takes pictures of things and adds fillters on them.. :roll: Everyone does that.. Poor guy

Hex
Learner
Learner

Post by Hex »

Like... what does Connor even do? I understand wanting to be with you boyfriend, but at least pre-record some material and write on the road. He'll end up like JacksGap, eventually.

smars27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by smars27 »

Hex wrote:Like... what does Connor even do? I understand wanting to be with you boyfriend, but at least pre-record some material and write on the road. He'll end up like JacksGap, eventually.
I've actually realized that Connor's thread is dead of even lurkers (unless something's wrong with the downbar on his...there are barely any guests on his, while when I look at people like Tana, Jacksfilms, and Jenn (who only have 1 thread) have more lurkers than here (who I'm assuming the guests are).

I think it's more important that his real life be better than his online life, and I'm still happy for him and Troye but I hope he steps up his game sometime soon. Careers in entertainment don't last very long "in the mainstream" (and honestly they are lucky if they even get there at all). I would think maybe going back to O2l could save it, but I don't think those boys have the same chemistry they used to have, when they were closer friends.

He's not the only popular youtube half-assing things tho, so I can't tell if they are getting burned out/has something to do with something behind the scenes (like yt red) or they know longer have a realistic view and assume that their subs will continue going up forever, when sooner or later I doubt that will be the case...

idontdaretocare
Learner
Learner

Post by idontdaretocare »

It's sweet that Connor wants to spend time with Troye but like...is that what his life is going to be? Following his boyfriend around while he's on tour and then coming home to film 5 minute videos about how to edit an instagram pic?

zalfiephan9

Post by zalfiephan9 »

idontdaretocare wrote:It's sweet that Connor wants to spend time with Troye but like...is that what his life is going to be? Following his boyfriend around while he's on tour and then coming home to film 5 minute videos about how to edit an instagram pic?
Apparently... :?

It is getting kind of out of hand. They don't have to come out as a couple but at this point it is silly to lie about it. It also is ridicules how much Connor's content has suffered since they got together. Weren't people speculating they were together around the time he quit O2L? That might just add to this mysterious puzzle. It might be time for Connor to look into one of his other "passions" as his main career.

loxias
Lurker
Lurker

Post by loxias »

There is something I don't understand : the "uncontainable" challenge with the Art Institutes or something. At first Connor talked about it like it was gonna be a big thing and then...nothing happened. The videos of the art challenge are on the Institutes website but nobody seem to have cared to watch them. I don't get it. (by the way, Connor's team won).

And, well his video "quit sharing my nudes" was watchable, at least for a few minutes. I wasn't interested enough to watch it to the end though.

To answer a comment above, I really hope O2l stays dead. The only person I liked in O2l was Connor.

PS : I just watched the beginning of the video about the hardcover version of his book. He says : "I really wanted to create a hardcover version of my book, for people who want the hardcover version"....Am I the only one who laughed ?

illegal_mind
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by illegal_mind »

i had completely forgotten about that art challenge thing. he never mentioned it in videos again after the first time.
when the video originally came out, i got the impression he was gonna do more videos on it, on his channel, to update people on it. how long ago did it end? i forgot the deadline. if it ended a long time ago, he probably won't mention it in videos again, but if it just ended, he might make a video about the team winning and the project they made
The Internet knows all your secrets

smars27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by smars27 »

loxias wrote:There is something I don't understand : the "uncontainable" challenge with the Art Institutes or something. At first Connor talked about it like it was gonna be a big thing and then...nothing happened. The videos of the art challenge are on the Institutes website but nobody seem to have cared to watch them. I don't get it. (by the way, Connor's team won).

To answer a comment above, I really hope O2l stays dead. The only person I liked in O2l was Connor.
ABOUT AI:

Connor actually had those videos on his other channel (moreconnor). I tried watching them though, but they were so boring, I even think his worst/most boring blogs were more interesting. I will have to say he at least marketed better than the other girl (Anna- East Coast) who I think may have had one vid for it and made a few twitter shout-outs (I think) about it, but it wouldn’t matter anyway, as it was kind of obvious to me that connor’s team would probably win. TBH I don’t think that challenge was fair as people were voting for the rep they liked better (Connor-West, who obviously has the (preeteen/teen) FANGURLZ and everyone knows they are the most dedicated in voting for things like that)

I only checked out the final product of those containers and Connor’s team container was neater/prettier but it looked like a cross between a department store/hipster coffee shop. I’ve been to enough boring art galleries/museum to know that art is supposed to provoke a reaction (and not be nice/clean cookie cutter) and the other team obviously looked more like ART (from what I’ve seen anyway).

ABOUT O2L:

Honestly the one thing about that is some of the best videos for each of the guys were on there. It was obvious, they were HAVING fun/had great chemistry and went out of their way to give fans the content they wanted, and they put their own individual spin on it. I went from favoriting Cheeky Connor to Lil Kian and now really adore Ricky-Dicky.

I like the others guys too, but it was obvious Connor was always the most popular. When he broke out, it reminded me of Justin breaking out of N’Sync, but I feel like the difference is even though Connor is still “the most popular” out of all them, Justin didn’t need N’Sync but they needed him, while without O2L, Connor’s channel has gotten more boring. I still watch most of his stuff but it doesn’t give me the same “feeling” as it used to, and I just don’t feel as invested, and don’t think even he feels as invested.

But I honestly don’t think there is a point in them getting back together as they have all moved on to their own individual things, and don’t have the great chemistry they used to have….

CONNOR'S CHANNEL:

I remember when Connor broke out of O2l, he was saying it had started feeling like a "JOB" to him, but that’s the only way he can continue to do vids forever..if IT IS A JOB. Jobs involve what other people can’t/don’t want to do, which is why you get paid for it, and the boys once had the luxury of LOVING their job. I don’t think I’ve ever liked any of my jobs (except one and that was more because I liked the the people). I still do my job because I need to PAY the bills, and I try to do it well, because otherwise someone is going to take my place.

And I feel Connor’s popularity is soon going to dwindle but tbh he has his foot in other doors, so maybe that’s what he wants: Someone to take his place....because that is one of those “jobs” that have the most competition. I just hope he doesn’t regret it later..

zalfiephan9

Post by zalfiephan9 »

The only person Connor ever seemed to have a genuine chemistry with in O2L was Ricky. I never got the impression he was a big fan of Kian, JC, or Sam. Though I think they all made a really stupid choice by allowing Sam into the group. There is a lot that most likely went on behind the scenes of their breakup. Connor white washes Ricardo out of his memoir nor does he even bring up a sappy version of why he left. Clearly something went on. It seems to be that most people watched O2L specifically for Connor, at least on here. The other's not so much... I have nothing against Trevor but Kian and JC's humor isn't very funny, Sam was lazy, and Rick just isn't very talented and is living in a delusion with his music career. Connor isn't talented either but at least he used to seem to enjoy making videos.

A career is something you enjoy and while I find it laughable to call youtube a career. That is what it is for Connor. A job is something you have to do regardless if you want to or not. Connor however completely ran out of steam after he left O2L. He was forced to actually make content when he was a part of O2L. He couldn't just turn to Q&A's or foe-hipster tumblr stuff that he does now. He is a walking teenagers tumblr page at this point. O2L might have helped his popularity but he existed before it. Not to mention it was his idea in the first place.

He does have other options than youtube but they all exist because of his fan base. If he quit youtube at least half of his audience would lose interest in him. His "ideas" that he posses wouldn't be taken as seriously without the crazy fans to back him up. Especially when we see what the real Connor is. A very boring boy obsessed with staying in style who enjoys being Troye's boyfriend above all else.

smars27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by smars27 »

deltanu2 wrote:The only person Connor ever seemed to have a genuine chemistry with in O2L was Ricky. I never got the impression he was a big fan of Kian, JC, or Sam. Though I think they all made a really stupid choice by allowing Sam into the group. There is a lot that most likely went on behind the scenes of their breakup. Connor white washes Ricardo out of his memoir nor does he even bring up a sappy version of why he left. Clearly something went on. It seems to be that most people watched O2L specifically for Connor, at least on here. The other's not so much... I have nothing against Trevor but Kian and JC's humor isn't very funny, Sam was lazy, and Rick just isn't very talented and is living in a delusion with his music career. Connor isn't talented either but at least he used to seem to enjoy making videos.

A career is something you enjoy and while I find it laughable to call youtube a career. That is what it is for Connor. A job is something you have to do regardless if you want to or not. Connor however completely ran out of steam after he left O2L. He was forced to actually make content when he was a part of O2L. He couldn't just turn to Q&A's or foe-hipster tumblr stuff that he does now. He is a walking teenagers tumblr page at this point. O2L might have helped his popularity but he existed before it. Not to mention it was his idea in the first place.

He does have other options than youtube but they all exist because of his fan base. If he quit youtube at least half of his audience would lose interest in him. His "ideas" that he posses wouldn't be taken as seriously without the crazy fans to back him up. Especially when we see what the real Connor is. A very boring boy obsessed with staying in style who enjoys being Troye's boyfriend above all else.
IDK, I think the others had their "fans" as well maybe not as many as Connor but I'm sure they were there even if they were 1/10th of how many Connor has. I like a lot of O2l vids that don't have Connor in them and even a few with that Ricardo kid.

Honestly the thing they all had most in common was "their love for making vids" but other than that, they were all very different people, and living together made filming vids easier, but as someone who can attest that roommates are HORRIBLE (even when your friends), I doubt everything was roses all the time. Maybe my eyes were deceiving me, but there was a time when I thought they liked/enjoyed each other's company. That magic is long gone tho.

larrie
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by larrie »

as soon as connor left o2l to "focus on making better content" o2l got shit. it was already bad prior to that but with connor leaving it left its spark, everyone was happy when it finally ended. trevor focused on music and finally came out (now we're just waiting for ricky to do the same), ricky..well he made more "music" as well, and jc and kian continued being creeps plus with their collab channel which actually has some alright videos.

Return to “Connor Franta”