Luke Conard Part 3

manged
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Re: Luke Conard Part 3

Post by manged »

Yeah, I'm thinking a huge percentage of those unfollows came from being blocked.

Tubular
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Tubular »

No idea who, I don't even use twitter. I just went there to see what y'all were tweeting about and the numbers changed from 302 or something to 280 something under following.

letter37
Learner
Learner

Post by letter37 »

I find it quite sad that he is back to the amount of subscribers that he had before the shit hit the fan :( I was hoping for a bigger consequence subscriber wise.

Edit: I meant on the LukeConrad channel his Luke channel is still going down.

tacobeard
Informer
Informer

Post by tacobeard »

letter37 wrote:I find it quite sad that he is back to the amount of subscribers that he had before the shit hit the fan :( I was hoping for a bigger consequence subscriber wise.

I agree. I think it's because less people are aware of his disgusting past activities... where as with Tom Milsom - Hank Green talked about it and with Alex Day there was even an article posted online somewhere. More people need to know what Luke did.

freckles mcgee
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by freckles mcgee »

I hate to say this but what Luke did will probably only be mentioned in passing- if at all. Story wise what Luke did doesn't sound as bad and won't appeal to people who don't keep up with youtubers. The only way it would make a good "story" is if he suddenly gets fame which I didn't even foresee before all of this ever happening.

ImNoAngel
Talker
Talker

Post by ImNoAngel »

letter37 wrote:I find it quite sad that he is back to the amount of subscribers that he had before the shit hit the fan :( I was hoping for a bigger consequence subscriber wise.

It's because most followers of the LukeConard channel only listen to his music and don't care about his personality.

angelaj0921
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by angelaj0921 »

Either way I think it's sad that he was gone for like 2 weeks and everything just seems to have blown over. He clearly has no remorse for what he's done. I'm sure he thinks he did nothing wrong.

MDNA
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by MDNA »

Well it's not like he killed anyone. I don't even understand why he said he's gonna take a "break" just to come back like a few days later lol. Now he can start doing shitty covers again and fade back to obscurity, all of this was basically free publicity for him, all publicity, even negative, is good publicity.

hne17
Lurker
Lurker

Post by hne17 »

He posted on Instagram this morning. He is deleting any comments about the whole ordeal as soon as their posted.

horatio
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by horatio »

Coward.

mintjulep
Learner
Learner

Post by mintjulep »

Yup I posted about his slimey past and he blocked me. Whatever. He's worthless.

Jayme
Talker
Talker

Post by Jayme »

hne17 wrote:He posted on Instagram this morning. He is deleting any comments about the whole ordeal as soon as their posted.
sounds like hes taking a page out of the MissJenfabulous play book LOL

D-A-V-I-D
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by D-A-V-I-D »

Yes, it looks like Luke will probably get away with everything eventually. Even with plenty of evidence and corroborating witnesses, abuse survivors seldom see their abusers held accountable for their actions. This case is just a higher profile example of what has become the norm -- heaps of empathy for perpetrators, and thinly veiled skepticism for victims.

Of course, Luke might not have been so lucky if it weren't for all the passive support from his YouTube buddies. I'm talking about the big, high profile YouTubers close to Luke, who have, to my knowledge (and correct me if I'm wrong), failed to speak out about this. Have we heard from Joey Graceffa about this? How about Ricky Dillon? Sawyer Hartman? It's outrageous that YouTube, by and large, has been silent.

Taking all this into account, it gives me all the more respect for guys like charlieissocoollike, who strongly denounced the actions of his longtime best friend/roommate Alex Day, then followed up by filming the best video on consent I think I've ever seen. Even Dan and Phil, while choosing not to specifically comment, nevertheless made a powerful symbolic statement by removing their colabs with Alex Day and Tom Milsom.

horatio
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by horatio »

I completely agree with all of the above, especially the first part about abusers generally getting away with it in the end. It is reflective of how misogynist our society is. Chris Brown anyone?

PyroMakeup
Informer
Informer

Post by PyroMakeup »

BulldogRN wrote:Oh. My. Gosh. I just learned about all the Alex day/luke/etc drama. These jerks should be so incredibly ashamed.
Wait, what happened?
Can someone explain to me real quick what happened?

ferriswheel
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ferriswheel »

Giant master post about whats been going on

http://unpleasantmyles.tumblr(.)com/post/79455706244/heres-the-post-olga-made-about-tom-milsom-and

Copy and paste and then take out the parentheses.
Peace, Love and Animal Crackers
ImageImageImage

D-A-V-I-D
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by D-A-V-I-D »

Also GG has a thread that covers the scandal as a whole. It's called Youtuber Allegations and it'll give you an idea of people's reactions as the shitstorm was developing.

http://gurugossiper.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10457

mameha
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by mameha »

It's a sad fact that a lot of people will want to just sweep this under the rug.

Deny and victim blame until they're blue in the face because they don't want to believe this sick little freak was capable of doing this.

Cheshire_Cat03
Informer
Informer

Post by Cheshire_Cat03 »

Tubular wrote:No idea who, I don't even use twitter. I just went there to see what y'all were tweeting about and the numbers changed from 302 or something to 280 something under following.
He probably quit following anybody who continued to call him out on what he did.

Return to “Luke Conard”