All I have to say is screw John Green for doing this to me, great casting tho

CoralCat
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: The Fault in Our Stars (movie)

Post by CoralCat »

I went to the UK advanced scrrening on Thursday night and I have never cried so much at a movie in my life
I'm disappointed that they left out the bit with Gus' ex-girlfriend but I can see why that could be controversial
Overall I enjoyed it and thought it was very god and true to the book and the actors were all great

HattieChaos
Naughty
Naughty

Post by HattieChaos »

My opinion on this whole damn thing is best expressed through these:

I do love John Green though. As for the movie alone, I haven't seen it yet but will be watching it out of curiosity. I have quite a negative opinion of Shailene Woodley though so I doubt I'll enjoy it, but I'll give it a go.

kayleeee
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kayleeee »

HattieChaos wrote:My opinion on this whole damn thing is best expressed through these:

I do love John Green though. As for the movie alone, I haven't seen it yet but will be watching it out of curiosity. I have quite a negative opinion of Shailene Woodley though so I doubt I'll enjoy it, but I'll give it a go.
I'm really glad I read/watched those two links. Really good arguments made in both with many points I agree with.

Nonetheless, I thought as a book to movie adaptation was really good. I enjoyed the book and the movie
lazygirlbusyworld.wordpress.com check out my blog

sapage89
Debater
Debater

Post by sapage89 »

I absolutely loved the book. Saw the movie last weekend for my boyfriend & I's one year anniversary. He cried like a baby. As always though, book > movie.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk

bnx18
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by bnx18 »

Never read the book and don't know if I ever plan to but I knew enough about it before I saw it. I actually despise 99% of all mushy romance films however I did really enjoy this movie and I definitely did cry which rarely happens when I see movies. I will say that a lot of the dialogue was really unrealistic for a teen boy to say and some of the story in general wasn't realistic but honestly when I'm going to see a movie I don't really care about reality that's the reason I'm going to see a movie. I've heard early oscar buzz for Shailene in her role and I did think she was really good.
Overall, I really liked it. :D

Diorette
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Diorette »

I read the book at the beginning of 2013 so it wasn't famous back then, I went to the movie with my parents, didn't want to but I ended up loving it, my dad was so affected by it because we all have been surrounded by cancer. Great cast even tho I don't like the actor who plays Augustus.

AN0N.
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by AN0N. »

I cried a lot. I think it's the most I've ever cried in a movie in my life. I'll never watch it again because I don't want to cry like that again.

I never read the book, I'm not really a reader. I don't like to read books, sue me.

paradiseaway
Talker
Talker

Post by paradiseaway »

bnx18 wrote:Never read the book and don't know if I ever plan to but I knew enough about it before I saw it. I actually despise 99% of all mushy romance films however I did really enjoy this movie and I definitely did cry which rarely happens when I see movies. I will say that a lot of the dialogue was really unrealistic for a teen boy to say and some of the story in general wasn't realistic but honestly when I'm going to see a movie I don't really care about reality that's the reason I'm going to see a movie. I've heard early oscar buzz for Shailene in her role and I did think she was really good.
Overall, I really liked it. :D
Yeah I thought some of the dialogues were either too cheesy or trying too hard to be deep.

RabbieWingz
Informer
Informer

Post by RabbieWingz »

The movie was good and the casting was done well. I didn't cry though, I guess I used up all the tears when reading the book lol.

I remember John Green saying he had a special appearance in the movie and I was eagerly waiting throughout to see where I would spot him. He wasn't in it though :( I was kinda expecting him to be the drunken author but oh well

balletslippers
Informer
Informer

Post by balletslippers »

I BAWLED my eyes out reading the book. John Green is such an amazing writer, and quite a funny character. He and I share the same sense of humor. :D

The movie was really good, as well and I loved that he casted Shailene Woodley. I loved her in that pregnant american teen series. <3 <3

wanderer
Debater
Debater

Post by wanderer »

Honestly I liked the movie better than the book. I found the writing in the novel kind of intense and overly dramatic, and immature at times. The movie diminished most of the "cringyness" I felt during reading. I really really enjoyed the movie, I'm glad the interest wasn't just hype :)

husky
Informer
Informer

Post by husky »

RabbieWingz wrote:The movie was good and the casting was done well. I didn't cry though, I guess I used up all the tears when reading the book lol.

I remember John Green saying he had a special appearance in the movie and I was eagerly waiting throughout to see where I would spot him. He wasn't in it though :( I was kinda expecting him to be the drunken author but oh well
He'll appear in a deleted scene when the DVD comes out. :)

cheesedanish
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by cheesedanish »

This movie was really boring...

animoanimo12123
Learner
Learner

Post by animoanimo12123 »

RabbieWingz wrote:The movie was good and the casting was done well. I didn't cry though, I guess I used up all the tears when reading the book lol.

Probably did not cry because you already knew what was going to happen. I did not cry as much as I did when I read the book.

hollaatmegurl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by hollaatmegurl »

Saw it last night and I cried a buttload. Tbh though I thought a lot of it was kind of cheesy/lame and I wasn't big on Shailene Woodley but whatevah. Haven't read the book yet but probably will now to see what they left out in the movie.

FrozenLeaves
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by FrozenLeaves »

Anyone notice that the guy playing the boyfriend is Shailene's character's brother in Divergent? Gross.

RabbieWingz
Informer
Informer

Post by RabbieWingz »

FrozenLeaves wrote:Anyone notice that the guy playing the boyfriend is Shailene's character's brother in Divergent? Gross.
Yessss!
I went to watch Divergent with my friend a couple of months ago, it was a last minute decision and I wasn't planning on watching it. Because I never saw the trailer I didn't know the whole cast. Long story short- when I realised their relationship I was all "wait- no, what? Wait? Oh, HELL NO!"

hollaatmegurl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by hollaatmegurl »

RabbieWingz wrote:
FrozenLeaves wrote:Anyone notice that the guy playing the boyfriend is Shailene's character's brother in Divergent? Gross.
Yessss!
I went to watch Divergent with my friend a couple of months ago, it was a last minute decision and I wasn't planning on watching it. Because I never saw the trailer I didn't know the whole cast. Long story short- when I realised their relationship I was all "wait- no, what? Wait? Oh, HELL NO!"

I saw a gifset on tumblr of what I'm assuming was an interview with Shailene, that guy, John Green and idk who else was there but that was brought up lol. Something about "how does it feel to kiss your brother" or whatever.

JustGlow

Post by JustGlow »

"That guy" x))
The actor is called Ansel Elgort! and the other guy was probably the one who played Isaac, his name is Nat Wolff and he'll be the main character in the movie-adaptation of John Green's other book, Paper Towns.

Return to “Movies”