Halloween book recommendations

Civild
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Halloween book recommendations

Post by Civild »

Since Halloween is coming up, I thought I would ask you guys for some scary, horror, or psychological horror books, So what's your favorite? Or one that you'd recommend to someone?

Starting of my Halloween season I thought I would read A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness since I've heard that its good and a short read.

Knitting Jenny
Informer
Informer

Re: Halloween book recommendations

Post by Knitting Jenny »

Shall i start, since it is almost Halloween?

The Exorzist by William Peter Blatty. It's a classic, i don't think i have to write more about it.

Dracula by Bram Stoker - another classic.

Monster Hunter International by Larry Coreia. It's a funny novel about an accountant, that turns into a monster hunter.

The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa. It's about a world which is ruled by vampires. The humans are cattle. One of them gets turned into a vampire and is greatly confused whom she should hate now.

Pen Pal by Dathan Auerbach. It's about a boy who get's stalked by a creepy guy.

The last wish by Andrej Sapkowski. The Witcher. Probably you know the really great game already, this is the book it's based on.

toshiku01
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Halloween book recommendations

Post by toshiku01 »

There are some pretty good Ted Dekker books, like "Three," "The Bride Collector," and a few others. They can be a little slow from time to time, but when they get going, they're really good. Tend to have a religious undertone, but it works and isn't preachy. Otherwise, if you want to try something kinda out there, then I'd suggest the manga "Uzumaki" or anything by Junji Ito, really. I'm decent with horror, but I can't read those at night for the life of me XD

Return to “Halloween”