ChelseaWears

ima
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Chelseawears

Post by ima »

I think her makeup and hair look terrible most the time so don't know why anyone would take tips from her for that. I like her style though, although it's a little too zara for my taste.

smashthebox
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by smashthebox »

ima wrote:I think her makeup and hair look terrible most the time so don't know why anyone would take tips from her for that. I like her style though, although it's a little too zara for my taste.
For me, it was because she is pale and I am too, so I can relate to the makeup choices that she makes and recommendations. The girl seems intelligent and not as airhead or high and mighty which I like. Her hair is also similar to mine. And I like zara. That's why for me.

peekapie
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Post by peekapie »

smashthebox wrote:
ima wrote:I think her makeup and hair look terrible most the time so don't know why anyone would take tips from her for that. I like her style though, although it's a little too zara for my taste.
For me, it was because she is pale and I am too, so I can relate to the makeup choices that she makes and recommendations. The girl seems intelligent and not as airhead or high and mighty which I like. Her hair is also similar to mine. And I like zara. That's why for me.
Her hair hasn't been looking the best lately, mostly because it's grown out from her fresh cute summer cut she had going on. Also, I happen to think her makeup looks pretty good. It's very natural and like the above poster said, she's pale which is what I can relate to. I like her style as well. It's much more sophisticated and she's not a trend whore like pretty much every other guru. She's not hawking plndr or romwe or sheinside at us, which is nice. Most of that shit looks trashy and like it will break or tear within two uses.

scriptedlines
Lurker
Lurker

Re: ChelseaWears

Post by scriptedlines »

Love Chelsea's bluntness

Lady Amalthea
Learner
Learner

Post by Lady Amalthea »

I like how she is real and doesn't try to be overly sweet and hyper like soooo many Youtubers. She says cuss words which I can related to lol and she can laugh at herself. She is very lucky that her mom pays for so many of her nice things. I'm definitely jealous of that. I like her style because as peekapie said its not just plnder, or romwe which is constantly being stuffed down our throats. Her style is slightly less trendy and more simple and mature. I wish she uploaded more regularly and did a few different videos. She's very routine. I also wish she put a little more effort in her videos like made them look nicer. I think that would really help her get more subscribers.

green_monster
Lurker
Lurker

Post by green_monster »

Diorette wrote:I really like her but she's always so monotone and professional in her videos that they get boring.

Oh, hey Dee. Good to find you here. What you said is true and for some reason, I wasn't able to pinpoint it every time I watch a random video of hers (not that I follow her religiously) is that... one video is interchangeable with the others. Sure, she's blunt and has a "don't give a flying fudge" attitude which is kinda refreshing. It's just that... it's so bland. And monotonous. I can't really rave about her, as her videos don't really make me happy as Rachhloves' videos. Love that woman!

peekapie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by peekapie »

Like I've said before, I really do enjoy her videos and her personality but one thing that always gets me is her blasse spending habits. I know she works outside of youtube (and she has her masters - good for her!) but some things she buys are totally frivolous IMHO. She has so many Zara handbags that are relatively cheap but she has an Alexander Wang now and I don't understand spending 800-900 bucks on a bag then just going out and buying tons more cheaper ones. I don't know, I feel like she's someone who just doesn't know how to spend her money when she has it.

Fatlikekirsten
Informer
Informer

Post by Fatlikekirsten »

She loves herself, she is like makeupneversleeep omg, she thinks she is so cool kind of newyorker or whatever. I used to watch her but she look at the camera like hey... I am better than you redneck.
English is not my first language

Heyholetsgo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Heyholetsgo »

Funny thing is, I have the formula to her style down. It's always a cardigan over some lame ass tshirt, or a pullover over a tshirt, or a tank top under the tshirt, and some tight jeans or jeggings and booties, even in the dead of summer
Gossiping doesn't make you a cunt, being a cunt makes you a cunt.

Maris Crane
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Maris Crane »

I love her. I'm a little biased because I love her fashion sense and I'm also super-pale, but she's so easy to just watch and enjoy. She's hilarious, too.

mookieloo
Informer
Informer

Post by mookieloo »

I fucking love Chelsea, but her face makeup in her August Favorites video is horrible. She looks like she's going for Puerto Rican minstrel, and I think it's because of the combo of the Dr. Jarts bb cream (which she ADMITS is too dark for her, but still keeps using) and her MAC Vanilla on her eyelids. Yikes.

shewassun
Talker
Talker

Post by shewassun »

mookieloo wrote:I fucking love Chelsea, but her face makeup in her August Favorites video is horrible. She looks like she's going for Puerto Rican minstrel, and I think it's because of the combo of the Dr. Jarts bb cream (which she ADMITS is too dark for her, but still keeps using) and her MAC Vanilla on her eyelids. Yikes.
Lol, I love Chelsea too, but I kind of recoiled from my laptop when I clicked on that video. I normally really like the makeup looks she does, but this one was a total miss.

Maris Crane
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Maris Crane »

+3 for the makeup. I feel like Vanilla just made her lids look TOO blank and too white.

I too, love Chelsea. I actually love her style (though graphic tees I'm indifferent to!) but her shoe haul and all that jazz did get me to buy the Target Kasha sneaker wedges on a whim and I do love them. We're also the exact same skintone (I'm blonde) so I definitely take her recc's for colour matches and blushes. I'm still hooked on Julie Christie and Jean Shrimpton though so I don't really get much use from the bold lips in GRWM videos but I do enjoy them.

Two thumbs up.

Maris Crane
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Maris Crane »

Heyholetsgo wrote:Funny thing is, I have the formula to her style down. It's always a cardigan over some lame ass tshirt, or a pullover over a tshirt, or a tank top under the tshirt, and some tight jeans or jeggings and booties, even in the dead of summer
I don't think that's nessecarily a bad thing. She's got a signature style; I prefer that to a woman following every trend blindly regardless of whether she has the body, shape or what-have-you to pull it off.

Heyholetsgo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Heyholetsgo »

Maris Crane wrote:
Heyholetsgo wrote:Funny thing is, I have the formula to her style down. It's always a cardigan over some lame ass tshirt, or a pullover over a tshirt, or a tank top under the tshirt, and some tight jeans or jeggings and booties, even in the dead of summer
I don't think that's nessecarily a bad thing. She's got a signature style; I prefer that to a woman following every trend blindly regardless of whether she has the body, shape or what-have-you to pull it off.
When you claim to be a style blogger or vlogger or guru or whatever she claims to be, you can't have a signiature style. A true fashionista is never afraid of stepping out of her comfort zone. The fact that she keeps buying the same shit in different colors is a true testemant to fashion and style not being really her strong suit, yet it's what she pursues the most.
Gossiping doesn't make you a cunt, being a cunt makes you a cunt.

sevencents
Lurker
Lurker

Post by sevencents »

Heyholetsgo wrote:
Maris Crane wrote:
When you claim to be a style blogger or vlogger or guru or whatever she claims to be, you can't have a signiature style. A true fashionista is never afraid of stepping out of her comfort zone. The fact that she keeps buying the same shit in different colors is a true testemant to fashion and style not being really her strong suit, yet it's what she pursues the most.

I disagree! Having a signature look shows a strong sense of personal style. Otherwise you're just a trend whore jumping on whatever bandwagon and wearing what's "IN" for whatever season. That's not a true sense of style, it's throwing money at whatever trendy thing you find and calling it a day. Chelsea tends to have a signature style because she knows what she likes and how to style herself for her body/lifestyle/taste.

Kazekage14
Informer
Informer

Post by Kazekage14 »

I actually really like Chelsea. She's funny, blunt, and pale as hell- so if I like a face product of hers, I know it probably won't be a total fail on me.
I REALLY wish she'd use more drugstore products though. She uses NARS lip products a lot...

pussyglitter
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by pussyglitter »

I like to watch Chelsea's videos because I find her charming and funny. She's one of the few I'm managing to watch.

suzy
Talker
Talker

Post by suzy »

Fatlikekirsten wrote:She loves herself, she is like makeupneversleeep omg, she thinks she is so cool kind of newyorker or whatever. I used to watch her but she look at the camera like hey... I am better than you redneck.
Yeah, she's annoying sometimes.
Why did she go blonde?! When I first watched one of her videos, like a year ago or something, I thought she was in her early thirties... now she looks even older.

suzy
Talker
Talker

Post by suzy »

Anyone still follows her? I read this interview about her online shop http://www.meetthemavens.com/2014/03/ch ... oylan.html and she said:

"The entire time I’ve spent blogging and making videos on YouTube gave me the confidence to know that people respect my taste and opinions on fashion, beauty, and home décor. Because of this, I knew I had the foundation to build a really strong retail business. My dad started his own businesses when I was a child, so I was raised in the small business environment. I’ve been able to reach out to him for LOTS of advice and have the cushion of starting the business small, while still working a full-time job, and letting it grow without the fear of wondering where my overpriced San Francisco rent will come next. It means I’m insanely busy, but I feel incredibly fulfilled."

What is/was her full-time job? I thought she worked as a nanny, but just a couple of hours a day.

Return to “ChelseaWears”