CloudyApples

DaylightAmy
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Re: CloudyApples

Post by DaylightAmy »

It's weird, I recall her at some point going through a phase where she stopped university because she had kept changing majors and she didn't want to talk about what she was doing with her life, and her then eventually uploading a video stating she had dropped out indefinitely and had decided to make YouTube her main focus. I can't find that video now - I'm wondering if that's because the title isn't obvious, or because she's actually deleted it.

But clearly she decided to wage everything on YouTube and truth be told the beauty and wellness category isn't as profitable as the gaming category. Again I do get it's a job, but it's still too bad because in my opinion CloudyApples was quality, GloomGames is quantity, and I wish she'd found a middle way somewhere inbetween.
Shredder. Master Splinter. Jackie. Boss. Pancake.

DaylightAmy
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by DaylightAmy »

Wow okay sorry about the quadruple post, not sure what happened there :?

bitchesbelike
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by bitchesbelike »

4 months and no video. I really miss her channel!

timesnewroman
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by timesnewroman »

For real, i wanted some inspiration for acai bowls and her cloudyapples video for acai bowls came up. :/ Even if she came back it just isn't the same, i was so obsessed with her channel and she taught me so many interesting and helpful things, like OCM, and i actually tried out multiple of her recipes. I think gloomgames is her main channel and her cloudyapples is dead, even if she decides to revitalize it i don't see a comeback because we all know she's just not that into that channel anymore, it would just come off as her trying to pander back to that community/initial fans of hers.

Noko
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Noko »

I actually wish there was a new thread for her gaming channel because I find her cringey.
I also hate how she collabs with kubz because I can't watch his videos with her in them.

To me it really seems like she's just trying to profit from being a cute girl playing games rather than playing them for passion. I'm convinced her boyfriend is the one that edits all her videos and does all the creative things for her.

DaylightAmy
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by DaylightAmy »

I'd say go for it if you want to make a GloomGames thread - just link us here, I'll definitely jump in there as well.

floatingelephants
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by floatingelephants »

Hey guys, I've made a GloomGames thread. Now we can continue our shenanigans in an appropriate forum! :tu:

peterkxvinsky
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by peterkxvinsky »

this is on the FAQ of her twitch channel
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DaylightAmy
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by DaylightAmy »

peterkxvinsky wrote:this is on the FAQ of her twitch channel
I'm not gonna lie... call me an entitled fangirl but I'm really disappointed.

It's been almost a year and she's been clearly seeing people ask where she's been or if the channel is "dead"... she pumps out gaming videos every day but filming a short video saying "hey guys, this is how I'm living now, but I do still intend to post here when I find something I really want to talk about, thanks for staying with me" is just too much work?

I'm aware she doesn't owe anyone anything... it's just hard to believe that CloudyApples was much of a passion project if she throws herself into GloomGames (a very different type of channel) this hard and can't be bothered to look back.

meowlizzz
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by meowlizzz »

I think its weird for her to hold on to that channel if she doesn't have plans for it. To me it's dead. That answer she gave is like giving empty promises. Some people will always be waiting.

DaylightAmy
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by DaylightAmy »

Ugh just watched her channel... ALL she does is create really boring clickbait videos and cash in on the fact that she's pretty. I thought she wanted to be more than this - I mean go for your life, girl, it is YOUR life after all, I just clearly misinterpreted you. I thought you cared about what you put out there in the world, not just about what came back in in return for it.

RaniaIsAwesome
Talker
Talker

Post by RaniaIsAwesome »

DaylightAmy wrote:It's weird, I recall her at some point going through a phase where she stopped university because she had kept changing majors and she didn't want to talk about what she was doing with her life, and her then eventually uploading a video stating she had dropped out indefinitely and had decided to make YouTube her main focus. I can't find that video now - I'm wondering if that's because the title isn't obvious, or because she's actually deleted it.
Are you sure? First of all, I bet she was a straight A student almost every time and kept changing majors because she was able to do them all. She did science and maths for a while remember. We know how talented she is an artist and musician not to mention visual arts, she must have been brilliant at those as well to even consider that. She was reading big books by the age 4 or 5, and she randomly read one large book in one sitting she mentioned in her video. Also migrant families tend to be extremely successful academically. My interpretation would be Kassie would be too pragmatic to do that.

Keep in mind people like Cloudyapples and pewdiepie like to pretend they were shit at school because it makes them seem less exceptional, like your every day type of dude. That way they're less of a threat to people. It's like how Kassie plays dumb sometimes (though that is a bit more honest), the fall guy that people can laugh at. It also hides the fact that they are doing a million things behind the scenes that the audience isn't aware of to manipulate them into clicking and liking them. It's just how it is.
DaylightAmy wrote:But clearly she decided to wage everything on YouTube and truth be told the beauty and wellness category isn't as profitable as the gaming category. Again I do get it's a job, but it's still too bad because in my opinion CloudyApples was quality, GloomGames is quantity, and I wish she'd found a middle way somewhere inbetween.
GloomGames is making ridiculous amounts of money right now. If Kassie doesn't have any ideas for CloudyApples, she is better off not to post a video on it.

DaylightAmy
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by DaylightAmy »

I'm not sure what you're talking about... I never said anything about her grades or intelligence? I just said she kept changing majors and seemed to struggle with not knowing what she wanted to do in life... I honestly don't know why you think I was implying she was dumb or couldn't pass classes. She just couldn't figure out which major suited what she wanted, so she dropped out mid-studies to pursue a YouTube career. That's all I was saying. And yes I'm sure, because she made a video about it at the time and word-for-word said that herself?

RaniaIsAwesome
Talker
Talker

Post by RaniaIsAwesome »

I didn't say any of that though.

I said I have doubts over your statement that she dropped out of university and gave reasons for why I do.

I followed her closely and never heard anything about her dropping out of university to support a youtube career and I won't believe she did unless there's evidence otherwise.

timesnewroman
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by timesnewroman »

Is there even evidence of her finishing school though?? I used to follow her pretty closely too and I also got the impression that she didn't finish school.
I definitely think she would have had youtube not taken off, but based off the the last couple videos on cloudy apples, she was in school but then she suddenly moved to cali. i would imagine it's hard to transfer credits from one university in a different country to another.

Hearing about how strict her parents were also confirms to me that she did not finish school because without a doubt she would have posted something about finishing school/getting a degree/etc something along those lines.

RaniaIsAwesome
Talker
Talker

Post by RaniaIsAwesome »

You guys may be right. In this Q&A she says at around 1:10 she says she was going to be an engineer but ended up on youtube:

[youtube][/youtube]

That doesn't explain though how she said she was changing majors. I still thought with her dad being a professor that he would get her to finish. It also doesn't explain all the books on rhetoric etc. she had on her desk, while I would have remembered if she had math/engineering ones.

It makes me cringe a little how much she praises "the community" and how warmly she talks about them, that was one of the things she always used to always do in cloudyapples. She says how they don't take things so seriously. She knows she is going for the most absolute mainstream demographic, there is absolutely nothing special or cool or intelligent or interesting about the gaming community, it's the most absurd thing to claim.

Do you think these youtubers actually give the slightest shit about their fans or is it all just about subscribers?

They talk about how much they care about and "love" their fans and compliment them every second, tell them how they remember them as that wonderful fan. And for example when building their channel they will nearly ALWAYS favourite a fan's tweet if it's a reply to them and it's positive of them, because other people will get to see it that way. If someone makes a drawing of them they'll retweet the drawing and tell the author how wonderful it is (no matter how bad it is). They don't care about the drawing, they care about the exposure. At that stage the fans are just like cattle. Then when they get big enough they just quit that as well.

I really thought CloudyApples was different and meant what she said and really believed in everything she was doing and her fans. I'm not saying it's that CloudApples fans were some superior club or something, just that it's what she herself kept claiming about how great the community was. And look at her clickbaits and how slick everything is, including her professional community... let's euphemistically call it "management". If you look back at her earlier videos, it's extremely difficult to believe she could be anything but a sweet soul. Maybe it's the money that's changed her though?

meowlizzz
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by meowlizzz »

Just a reminder that her GloomGames thread is here: http://gurugossiper.com/viewtopic.php?f=186&t=31249
Not trying to stop the discussion, just a friendly reminder! (since Cloudy Apples is dead :( )

I hate watching her GloomGames channel because there's no substance. I get that it's a gaming channel and that those don't really have substance. But she could at the very least play games that she truly enjoys. For example, gamers like Cryaotic who have done play-throughs with some awesome games. Instead, I've seen her play stupid online games that everyone and their mothers are playing. She's really taken on the popular gamer persona. She makes me think of Pewdiepie and JackSepticEye, with their over-the-top behaviors. I always knew she was funny and silly, and she said that she wanted to do another channel that reflects a hobby of hers--but I feel like it's about the money. All of her videos-- her choice in games, the amount of videos she produces, the clickbaits, etc --all say to me "I'm doing this for views and money!"

I do miss Cloudy Apples so much because she was producing interesting content that went beyond typical "beauty" videos. She always talked about topics that made me think, encouraged discussion, and shared some helpful advice and tips about different subjects. I guess Cloudy Apples was too much for her to handle in the end. She took the easier route. Left the channel with quality content but less views, and went with a new channel that produces what every stupid gamer does for more views. I'm so disappointed.

DaylightAmy
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by DaylightAmy »

Honestly I'm not making it up just for fun... she has addressed it. I said in my original post that she had a video purely about that, but I couldn't find it anymore - so perhaps she has deleted it; because she did state specifically in the video that she had never really felt comfortable talking about it on YouTube so she had been avoiding talking about what she was majoring and what her ambitions were... stating she never really knew what she wanted to do with her life, and she was finally able to decide that YouTube was what she wanted to do and that's why she dropped out and wanted to make it a fulltime job. The vibe from the video was that she was somewhat ashamed of it, and it was quite a personal monologue about mental health as well, so it wouldn't be unreasonable of her to just remove it later on anyway. She was sitting next to her books for her college classes in the video.

In above posted video on Gloom she also mentions that she was taking classes and going to campus to be an engineer but it wasn't making her happy, and YouTube did make her happy so she ended up going with that...

peterkxvinsky
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by peterkxvinsky »

She did drop out of school though? She mentioned it in her YouTube Q&A with the teen advice and boob job question. Also on her blog post here: http://www.cloudyapples.ca/university-d ... ey-stigma/

RaniaIsAwesome
Talker
Talker

Post by RaniaIsAwesome »

peterkxvinsky wrote:She did drop out of school though? She mentioned it in her YouTube Q&A with the teen advice and boob job question. Also on her blog post here: http://www.cloudyapples.ca/university-d ... ey-stigma/
I read the blog entry and watched the entire video again and nowhere does she say she dropped out. Just because she was defending people who dropped out of university doesn't mean she did it herself. In the video she states she was taking a break because she changed her majors so many times. I'm not sure how university works in America but to me it sounded like that could have meant anything, like she might have had a light load to complete her primary degree or she might have been going for a dual degree or a masters, etc.

I'm persuaded it's true from DaylightAmy's post, I've just joined this website so can't just believe everything I read straightaway. I wish I could have seen that video. I'm assuming she deleted it because she didn't want all the pressure falling on her, and didn't want to be seen as someone just doing it for the money. It is interesting if she was ashamed of it. What a really sweet girl.

It's great for her of course how much she's exploded and I'm happy for her, but I really miss her interaction and the feeling she was doing something really meaningful.

Return to “#-E”