Christine Sydelko

prctentious
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Christine Sydelko

Post by prctentious »

Lily Laurette wrote:I think The @ Pack, (extremely awful name), never took off because the majority of it's members, including Elijah and Christine, were completely unreliable messes. I remember at their first "meeting" a few of them were missing. Like they couldn't even turn up to the first meeting. The group was doomed from the start.
tbh. it doesn't help if you only have one or two intelligent people in a business relationship.

kitzlig
Debater
Debater

Post by kitzlig »

prctentious wrote:
Lily Laurette wrote:I think The @ Pack, (extremely awful name), never took off because the majority of it's members, including Elijah and Christine, were completely unreliable messes. I remember at their first "meeting" a few of them were missing. Like they couldn't even turn up to the first meeting. The group was doomed from the start.
tbh. it doesn't help if you only have one or two intelligent people in a business relationship.
Also helps if people actually contribute and turn up to things. Imagine trying to arrange anything with Tana Mongoose. Not happening (unless you don't mind her being 12-48 hours late?)

prctentious
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by prctentious »

kitzlig wrote:
prctentious wrote:
Also helps if people actually contribute and turn up to things. Imagine trying to arrange anything with Tana Mongoose. Not happening (unless you don't mind her being 12-48 hours late?)
LMFAO, i'd end up slaughtering toenail. you just know she's that asshole in a group project that does no work and expects full credit

silveranima
Debater
Debater

Post by silveranima »

[youtube][/youtube]

Uh oh

silveranima
Debater
Debater

Post by silveranima »

[video][/video]

Uh oh

prctentious
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by prctentious »

her new video with drew is hilarious

also, that video above is incredible saldgj so well done

Lily Laurette
Debater
Debater

Post by Lily Laurette »

I usually don't like ImAlex's content, but that was a good video. I agreed with basically everything he said apart from the stuff about being overweight being a choice. I'm glad he addressed it and I hope Christine watches it.

prctentious
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by prctentious »

Lily Laurette wrote:I usually don't like ImAlex's content, but that was a good video. I agreed with basically everything he said apart from the stuff about being overweight being a choice. I'm glad he addressed it and I hope Christine watches it.
omg, i didn't even notice that part, wtf? must've been when i was preoccupied, yikes. :barf:

kitzlig
Debater
Debater

Post by kitzlig »

Lily Laurette wrote:I usually don't like ImAlex's content, but that was a good video. I agreed with basically everything he said apart from the stuff about being overweight being a choice. I'm glad he addressed it and I hope Christine watches it.
He said a lot of the things I was thinking, especially since Christine said in an interview (I think Hey Kween back with Elijah) that she was basically a bully? She's incredibly hypocritical, and ImAlexx summed up what I thought, that all these "content creators" label everything as hate if it isn't ass kissing or overtly positive. She definitely got a lot of stupid comments that she's fat, so she can't have a go at a bald guy etc etc. but she couldn't even take on board all the ones that her picking on an adult man for having a backpack and being bald was unnecessarily mean and unfunny. And it's true, if your humour involve "roasting" others, you need to be prepared for it in return. Also...it needs to be funny. Like honestly, what else are men supposed to put their stuff in? A Birkin bag? Jfc.

morbit
Talker
Talker

Post by morbit »

Yeah I don't think his video was very good. He did the typical "I've never had weight issues in my life"-spiel.

"I'd be bummed if some famous person put me on their story, especially if they're not at peak performance"

"Being overweight is a choice"

It's good that Christine is getting criticism for this, but then only point out the hypocricy in it. She talks about accepting bodies and feeling bad about her own, and then she goes and makes fun of somebody else's looks. That's it. Don't talk about whether she's attractive to you, just talk about what a hypocrite she is. Otherwise it makes you look just as bad.

squirtlessquad
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by squirtlessquad »

morbit wrote:Yeah I don't think his video was very good. He did the typical "I've never had weight issues in my life"-spiel.

"I'd be bummed if some famous person put me on their story, especially if they're not at peak performance"

"Being overweight is a choice"

It's good that Christine is getting criticism for this, but then only point out the hypocricy in it. She talks about accepting bodies and feeling bad about her own, and then she goes and makes fun of somebody else's looks. That's it. Don't talk about whether she's attractive to you, just talk about what a hypocrite she is. Otherwise it makes you look just as bad.
In Christine’s case though, being the size she is, is a slight choice. She eats like shit and never does any physical activity. I’m not saying if she had a good diet and exercise she would be skinny because some people are naturally bigger/have health issues that make losing weight hard. She could be the size she was back in high school or even just two years ago and it would be healthier than now.
If she thinks she’s addicted to food like she said well then she should seek help like any addict would. I 100% believe her when she says that. She needs a healthy relationship to food not only for her physical health but her mental health. It’s stressful eating all the time when you know you shouldn’t/don’t need to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

prctentious
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by prctentious »

tbh, it's clear she has a disordered eating pattern (different from any ed) so i greatly sympathize with her on that front and i hardly think it's one that deserves critique from anybody but her doctor

mizcracker

Post by mizcracker »

Christine has openly talked about her struggle with food and the fact that she wants to get back on Vyvanse to treat her binge eating problem.

It rubs me the wrong way when people constantly talk about her weight and why she is as heavy as she is. A lot of people probably don't realize that obese people either have physical problems that cause them gain so much weight or mental health problems. No healthy individual wakes up one day and thinks to themselves 'hmmm i'm gonna start eating like crazy and gain 100 pounds!'.

Lily Laurette
Debater
Debater

Post by Lily Laurette »

The road to obesity is never an easy or "lazy" one. Extremely often obese people become the size they are because they have severe mental health issues, had a terrible childhood or very sadly were sexually abused. No obese person wants to be obese, but overeating is escapism. I'm no where near Christine's size, but I will say that I have severe body image issues and it is literally the worst internal conflict you can imagine.

elah_w

Post by elah_w »

Lol why can’t a man have a backpack? I can’t wrap my head around that.
I watched her interview with we the unicorns or whatever it’s called and wow she seemed nervous. I would be too. I don’t know if her talking about wanting to get into TV without our doing any work is part of her persona or what, but I wouldn’t openly say that in an interview. She definitely needs to get more motivated if she wants to make it. I was surprised when she said she had an editor because her videos don’t seem to require any kind of specialized editing. I hope she’s not depressed or something and that’s why she’s unmotivated. I don’t know I I feel about her. She has her funny moments but I don’t like the lazy attitude, making fun of others, being a hypocrite, etc. That behind the vine video was sooo cringey. I wish her the best though.

Presence
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Presence »

I've never really paid attention to Christine before, but this thing she did re: the guy with the backpack is disgusting. You have to be a pretty angry, bitter person to find fault in a backpack and hair loss.

Do you guys remember, from a few years ago, that Playboy playmate who took the photo of the naked, elderly woman at the gym, and posted it on Snapchat? This thing with Christine is almost as bad.

Everyone is supposed to have compassion for her--her size, her food addiction, all the "hate" she gets. Yet she has none of others. You'd think if anyone would have empathy for other people, and whatever flaws she thinks they have, it would be Christine. Nope.

And talk about brilliant manipulation. Rather than apologizing for the bashing she did, and/or rather than reflecting on her actions, she makes herself into a victim of "hate".

I couldn't care less about her weight. It's her energy/vibe that bothers me. She always comes across as a total bitch.

FernPyjamas
Informer
Informer

Post by FernPyjamas »

Tbh as much as I've been ragging on Christine I don't think that mocking a balding dude in public is in the same realm as taking explicit nude photographs of a woman in a private setting

You are right about the manipulation, though. Christine is the typical cry-bully. She can say and do whatever she wants, but the second you comment on it she becomes oh so sensitive!

Lily Laurette
Debater
Debater

Post by Lily Laurette »

FernPyjamas wrote:Tbh as much as I've been ragging on Christine I don't think that mocking a balding dude in public is in the same realm as taking explicit nude photographs of a woman in a private setting

You are right about the manipulation, though. Christine is the typical cry-bully. She can say and do whatever she wants, but the second you comment on it she becomes oh so sensitive!
Yeah, if I'm completely honest here I don't think what she did was that bad. It's mean and unneccessary, and taking photos of strangers is terrible, but she could very easily have resolved it when a quick apology on Twitter to the guy. What was worse was her reaction to it and her inability to accept that she was wrong. That was the part that completely rubbed me the wrong way

Presence
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Presence »

FernPyjamas wrote:Tbh as much as I've been ragging on Christine I don't think that mocking a balding dude in public is in the same realm as taking explicit nude photographs of a woman in a private setting
To quote myself:
Presence wrote: Do you guys remember, from a few years ago, that Playboy playmate who took the photo of the naked, elderly woman at the gym, and posted it on Snapchat? This thing with Christine is almost as bad.
Infringing upon someone's privacy, at a doctor's office no less, and then making fun of him is just such a telling sign of the person she is. And while, by this time next week, everyone will have forgotten what she did, shame on anyone who does future collab videos with her. IMO, if anyone does collab with her, it says they are okay her doing what she did.

And I swear to God, if anyone tries to justify her actions as a "mistake" or her "just being human"...ugh.

FernPyjamas
Informer
Informer

Post by FernPyjamas »

Presence wrote:
To quote myself:
Presence wrote: Do you guys remember, from a few years ago, that Playboy playmate who took the photo of the naked, elderly woman at the gym, and posted it on Snapchat? This thing with Christine is almost as bad.
Infringing upon someone's privacy, at a doctor's office no less, and then making fun of him is just such a telling sign of the person she is. And while, by this time next week, everyone will have forgotten what she did, shame on anyone who does future collab videos with her. IMO, if anyone does collab with her, it says they are okay her doing what she did.

And I swear to God, if anyone tries to justify her actions as a "mistake" or her "just being human"...ugh.
I can read dear. It is not nearly as bad. The man in the photos was facing backwards, completely clothed, and in a public waiting room. It's not a HIPPA violation. No one is saying that this is appropriate, but it is not even in the same realm sorry

Return to “Christine Sydelko”