• Advertisement

Lizzza/Liza Koshy

Re: Lizzza/Liza Koshy

Postby luluguava » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:27 pm

I wasn't talking about her potential as a lifestyle blogger (as you can see I did not mention anything to do with that once). I just opened up the conversation to do with her looks because many people (especially in David's thread) mention how she's plain ugly and I don't get it.

I don't really give a crap about lifestyle blogs and if she wants to do one. Tbh, I like the aesthetic of her instagram and if she wants to post lifestyle-ish pics I really don't care and she has full right do so, you don't have to be a model or whatever. Thus far, she's never even tried to incorporate anything like that in her brand aside from post nice aesthetic photos on instagram, who cares.
luluguava
Gossiper
Gossiper

Advertisement

Postby pepesylvia » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:51 pm

I thought when she had her longer hair she was decently pretty but I really really dont like her short "aunt" haircut she has, i don't think its flattering for her at all and makes her look really old
pepesylvia
Gossiper
Gossiper

Postby Dobrica » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:10 am

I agree. I thought I was the only one who noticed this. With long hair she was extremelypretty, now her short haircut makes her look older. I have no idea why she went for that "aunt look" (great way to put it) but hopefully she grows out her hair again.

As for her videos, frankly her second channel has better content. I think she can be very funny when she's improvising, but her scripted stuff on her main channel is just random and cringe-worthy for the most part.
Dobrica
Informer
Informer

Postby Booboo2 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:43 am

Omg. no one can tell anyone what to do, it is just an opinion that I don’t think she would be successful as a lifestyle vlogger type, so she has to do funny YouTube stuff. That person was right on the last page who mentioned liza’s YouTube and Instagram being far different brands and styles.. It just doesn’t make sense. Im not sure why her manager hasn’t told her to be more consistent across her social media platforms. Again it’s an opinion I’m not telling anyone to do anything :roll:

Also I don’t see many people saying that Liza is “plain ugly”. Maybe like.. one person in the david thread, but you’re acting like this a very common opinion. :|
Booboo2
Gossiper
Gossiper

Postby luluguava » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:42 pm

Why haven't her management told her to be more consistent across her social media? Because it's just instagram for god's sake. Not everyone has to be a manufactured one dimensional caricature of themselves all of the time. Her YT character is just that.. A character.

Maybe she wants to post nice photos on instagram? I don't get why it's a problem, her career is straight up flourishing so it seems like she's doing just fine with her lil instagram theme ass.
luluguava
Gossiper
Gossiper

Postby Dobrica » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:46 pm

I honestly think Liza could milk her very successful YouTube channels for all their worth with daily vlogs, daily Q&As and other 10 minute nonsense videos for maximum monetization and views.

The fact that she only does one video a week, under 10 minutes long, shows that she has integrity. I don't think it's laziness. She knows she could make more money by doing daily filler content like all the other YouTubers and she doesn't do that. I think that's very commendable.
Dobrica
Informer
Informer

Postby tkadvil » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:37 pm

I personally think Liza is really beautiful and photogenic, she just makes a lot of ugly faces lol.
tkadvil
Informer
Informer

Postby Dobrica » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:06 am

I haven't heard anyone saying she was ugly, though. I'm sure there's a mean comment here and there, but I thought everyone agreed that Liza was cute.
Dobrica
Informer
Informer

Postby Tallntraveling » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:18 am

I dont think she is ugly either. I think she looks better than a lot of other people on youtube. I don't like her comedy, but I am pretty sure I am also not her target audience.

But at this point I am wondering if I am just getting grumpy and old cause I can't stand how she makes videos while driving (and not on some empty road, there is often cars beside her and behind her). Imagine getting rear ended by her cause she is too busy making weird faces and joking to drive and watch the road. Great example there for your young viewer crowd. I dont care how good of a driver she thinks she is, a large moving vehicle on a road is not really the place to do your comedy routine.
Tallntraveling
Informer
Informer

Postby Dobrica » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:22 am

I wish Liza did more videos like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgmlIh9njLk

Or even her Q&As from her main channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tG38RLYKjw

She's actually funny when she's improvising and not following a script. Her cringe-inducing work is usually when she tries too hard on her main channel.
Dobrica
Informer
Informer

Postby tkadvil » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:03 pm

I know I've seen this stated before, but I get serious lesbian vibes off Liza lol. Or at least bi, but honestly mostly lesbian despite her dating a guy currently..

Especially with that Kristen girl.
tkadvil
Informer
Informer

Postby Dobrica » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:52 pm

So do I. And I kinda get gay vibes from David. I hope neither is true though, just because I think they are good together and I want to see them succeed as a couple.

The main thing standing against this theory is that neither David nor Liza look like people who would live a lie to hide their sexuality. I don't think they have a problem with being gay so if they were, something tells me they'd be out already. Liza could just be joking, or have a bit of a bi thing going, but David is the main suspect here. He's very effeminate, he even has a limp wrist, and the fact he was the dude in high school who would be BFFs with cute girls instead of trying to bang them is a bit fishy. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Dobrica
Informer
Informer

Postby cat-astrophe » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:09 pm

I think Liza is a beautiful young lady who just happens to love making weird faces, so I understand why people would call her "ugly" bc she doesnt make that frozen-sexy-standard instagram face with parted lips and half closed eyes.

Her comedy is so cringey and full of bad puns but it somehow still makes me laugh. Overall, she seems like a nice, enjoyable person.
:FU: :FU:
cat-astrophe
Learner
Learner

Postby Dobrica » Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:55 pm

I somehow doubt there are many people out there who genuinely consider Liza unattractive. She has a very pretty face and a pretty charming personality. Even if you find her unfunny and cringe-worthy in her videos, I'm sure you can at least acknowledge that she's personable in David's vlogs.

I know tastes are tastes and that Liza is not exactly "model-like perfect" in terms of looks, but I just find it hard to believe that too many people sincerely look at her and go "eeew, unattractive." I always thought her pretty face and her ambiguous ethnicity is what made her so popular to begin with.
Dobrica
Informer
Informer

Postby Godisfromatlanta » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:56 pm

All she does is a good impression of Lilly Singh’s bad impression of a black woman.…They both try desperately to sound like Raven Symone……I’ll never understand their appeal.
Godisfromatlanta
Informer
Informer

Postby Mosie926 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:16 am

:tu:
Ignore most of my posts, I'm probably drunk.
Mosie926
Informer
Informer

Postby honeybaby » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:51 pm

- following -

also a cute lil gem i found on her twitter

https://twitter.com/lizakoshy/status/614535943668666368
honeybaby
Talker
Talker

Postby Niake » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:22 am

Idk her, she seems obnoxious and ugly. Idk why she’s famous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Niake
Talker
Talker

Postby Mosie926 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:28 am

Niake wrote:Idk her, she seems obnoxious and ugly. Idk why she’s famous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You think she is ugly? I think she is adorable(which is not how you should view an adult woman) she looks like a 12 year old.
Ignore most of my posts, I'm probably drunk.
Mosie926
Informer
Informer

Postby staylurkqueen » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:19 pm

is liza and david together still? :respekt:
oh mah gawd thats so fetch 8-)
staylurkqueen
Learner
Learner

Postby ownsthenight » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:45 am

staylurkqueen wrote:is liza and david together still? :respekt:

yup, they went to hawaii together a couple of days ago, and now they're at coachella
ownsthenight
Lurker
Lurker

Postby tkadvil » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:03 am

When Liza is just being a normal human being and smiling for the camera, she's very beautiful! It's just the ugly faces she makes that I feel make people think she's unattractive lol

I sure wish she would grow her hair out again. She looks like an aunt with that awkward short cut. Her hair was beautiful long, and she actually looked older/more mature imo.
tkadvil
Informer
Informer

Postby Dobrica » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:51 am

Yup, I agree about the hair. She needs to grow it out again, makes her look much prettier than the "aunt look" she has now at just 22. She has plenty of time in her mid 30s to look like that. Bring back the hair, guuurl! :P

As for attractiveness, to each his own, but I think she's has a very pretty face and is extremely photogenic. Also cute and charming on top of it. While her main channel humor is usually not my cup of tea, I can understand why she got so famous.

Did you guys notice how every time she's with a baby, the baby start laughing and want to be near her? I think she just has a ton of raw charisma, even if she tries too hard on her main channel most of the time, which is why people of a certain age probably don't enjoy that content.
Dobrica
Informer
Informer

Postby justgeek » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:47 pm

I’m watching her new video and I had this thought. People always say Liza can’t be around David because she’s family friendly and she avoids Trisha because she’s bad for her brand. But Liza makes SO many sex jokes/references. Not just in her videos but on Instagram too. She’s more of a PG-13 type of channel but not exactly “family friendly”.
justgeek
Informer
Informer

Postby abornhater » Tue May 08, 2018 3:44 am

Wow. Liza Koshy. I have never seen a worse interviewer than Liza. Holy Shit. Whoever thought this was a good idea needs to get FIRED.

Liza somehow did not comprehend that this was the MET BALL, one of the most important nights in fashion and how important her interview spot was, seeing how Vogue is run by Anna Wintour, who cohosted this year with Rihanna. Her job was to get little press clips with approx a minute spent per celebrity about the clothes and the Met Ball.

NOT ONCE did she comment on the outfits. Clearly every single person who came up to the Vogue section was excited to talk about their clothes. Ariana talks about the Sistine Chapel and how her Vera Wang dress is inspired by a famous work where Jesus was deciding whether you got into heaven or hell. She ignores what Ariana says to talk about how she, Liza, had tried Ariana's eyeliner look today! Ariana looked so done with that bitch lmao.

In particular, Rihanna seemed to pity her. Same with Cole Sprouse, Shawn Mendes. Most of the celebrities, at one point, eyed her like who is this girl? Why is she so unprofessional? They look weary because the interview is treating the interview like a personal kiki or a networking session.

She only gets 1 minute of press time with each person and she spent half of her interview with Kris Jenner talking about her butt, getting Kris to sign her, etc. Not one piece of info about Kris herself or what Kris is wearing, or which designer Kris is with. This is Vogue interview for the MET BALL not a Liza Koshy Youtube vlog.

Her interview with Kylie was also so off. Some people say Travis Scott was quiet but I think he didn't vibe with her spastic personality at all. In the same interview she IGNORES WORLD RENOWNED DESIGNER ALEXANDER WANG, or more likely has no clue who he is and treats him like a little assistant. She ignores them both to talk to Kylie about her lip kits. I literally cannot.

I always thought she was a painful little spazz who made weird faces to pretend she had a personality but wow. I did not realize how incompetent and forced she was until the Met Ball. If she disappeared I honestly wouldn't care; her "career" is far overblown for what she is capable of. Not once have I found her interesting or amusing.
abornhater
Talker
Talker

PreviousNext

• Advertisement

Return to A-M
  • Advertisement
VigLink badge