Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Estée "No Shame" Lalonde - Shadybutton part 9

Post by chairmanmeow »

THANK YOU kowabunga! :tu:

I now have a shadybutton signature. :P

Post by Guest »

I also think Esteé tries to emulate Amelia a lot. They have been joined at the hip lately. I know this has been previously discussed but I agree with everyone who thinks Estee tries too hard to mold herself around the person she's with. I guess in reality we all kind of do, but she's getting really close to SpongeGrid territory. Ya know what I'm sayin'?

badbitchlikethis
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by badbitchlikethis »

Oh my god, just the thought of Estee as a mother :o

She can barely get herself dressed and out the door to do a few remedial errands... how she could raise a CHILD, I have absolutely no idea. Thank god she doesn't seem to be the baby-crazed type.

baconpancakes
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Re: Estée

Post by baconpancakes »

sillypeanut wrote:I also think Esteé tries to emulate Amelia a lot. They have been joined at the hip lately. I know this has been previously discussed but I agree with everyone who thinks Estee tries too hard to mold herself around the person she's with. I guess in reality we all kind of do, but she's getting really close to SpongeGrid territory. Ya know what I'm sayin'? Image
That's why this thread is called ShadyButton. To match Ingrids' Shady In The City ;) Have you read the Estee SWF thread? You can read about all the gurus Estee has Single White Femaled. Amelia is the tip of the iceberg.

Unrelated: Does anyone remember her DIY Coffee Scrub?! That time she was sent a handmade scrub from a small soapmaker (ok Idk 100% the persons name or business) & for whatever reason Estee decided to rip off the womans' recipe. Bc she claimed it was like £40 & "too expensive" or some bs. I believe this was around the time she changed her font from that Barbie/Coca-Cola one & right before they moved house.

Totally irrelevant but for some reason I recalled that incident & just had to come here to talk about it :P

Vlogathon
Informer
Informer

Post by Vlogathon »

I'm not defending her when I say it isn't ripping the company off. Coffee scrubs are nothing special, and she was only making a video showing a more affordable/accessible version. It is however ironic compared to her splurging nowadays!

Owli
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Owli »

I keot wondering about them having no christmas decoration, too.
I find it really strange! Especially since Essie comes from a culture and family where these things are obviously important to her. I guess it's ok if Aslan doesn't like it, but if I was him, I would totally allow Essie to put some chain of lights everywhere, put her a nice calendar together and so on. Doesn't have to be a christmas tree, but just some nice little things.

Essie must go crazy when she sees the decorated places in Canada!

catfishcatdog
Talker
Talker

Post by catfishcatdog »

baconpancakes wrote:

Unrelated: Does anyone remember her DIY Coffee Scrub?! That time she was sent a handmade scrub from a small soapmaker (ok Idk 100% the persons name or business) & for whatever reason Estee decided to rip off the womans' recipe. Bc she claimed it was like £40 & "too expensive" or some bs. I believe this was around the time she changed her font from that Barbie/Coca-Cola one & right before they moved house.

Totally irrelevant but for some reason I recalled that incident & just had to come here to talk about it :P
Yes! I remember that and I thought it was really shitty too! Like, of all the free shit that she gets sent, mostly from huge/very wealthy businesses, the one thing she says is overpriced and decides to do a DIY of is from this really small company. Why not show your viewers how to do a DIY bath bomb instead of buying one from Lush or something? But nope, Shadybutton encourages her viewers to give their money to huge corporations and to make a DIY scrub instead of supporting a small (I think it was local too) business. I bet the woman who sent her the scrub probably would have much rathered if Estee had just made a 'DIY coffee scrub' video without even mentioning her product, I really doubt she would have gained any business from that video.

I wonder how she would like it if she sent some of her overpriced shitty t-shirts to a YouTuber and they accepted them, showed them on their channel and then said that they were overpriced and showed their viewers how to DIY a similar item.

JustGlow

Post by JustGlow »

Guys.. We need to prepare a name for the new thread!

I was thinking "BadassButton" or something!

Owli
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Owli »

no-content-button

Winnie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Winnie »

Estee "Your Ad Here" Lalonde - GreedyButton part 10

kowabunga
Informer
Informer

Post by kowabunga »

you're welcome, chairmanmeow :)
catfishcatdog wrote: I wonder how she would like it if she sent some of her overpriced shitty t-shirts to a YouTuber and they accepted them, showed them on their channel and then said that they were overpriced and showed their viewers how to DIY a similar item.
Man, why don't I have a youtube channel, I'd totally do that!! :D
And if someone cmplained I'd pull the "But I'm such a big fan, I just don't have the money (because I need it for some more € 25 tape that I never use...)" card :roll:
allegedly wrote:Estee "Your Ad Here" Lalonde - GreedyButton part 10
that's my favourite so far :tu:
"Money corrupts people. And free body wash." lips

baconpancakes
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by baconpancakes »

I like that one ^ Or at least the GreedyButton part!

For some reason I keep laughing bc in my head I changed her tshirt announcement into "I just thought this would be a fun little thing for *my wallet this Christmas*".

As for the coffee scrub thing, of course ppl rip off ideas all the time. She also did another one right after to try & make it seem like she was just experimenting but I mean, as Gob Bluth would say "Come on!!".

She was never worried about the cost of that scrub but at the time we had no idea how well she was doing. I thought it was rather shitty of her to have bought it, blogged/raved about it & then kind of bashed it in a DIY. Esp since she never has anything critical to say of any other product.

It's actually very similar to her ripping off the tshirt designs. There is such a thing as artistic license except Estee is not an artist so...? (oh wait, does con artist count? ;) )

CowGoesMeow
DONATOR
DONATOR

Post by CowGoesMeow »

This. :rofl: :rofl:
Or
Estée the walking billboard
Image AprilJustin liesTVImage

bells77
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by bells77 »

I skipped through the latest vlog and I'm back to one of my old pet peeves: how little they notice anything outside of London. In the vlog she does say where they went (Camber Sands) but on Instagram and the blog post, "the beach" doesn't get a name/location. When she talks about it, it's all about Reggie - who admittedly is very sweet and there's a funny photo of him on the blog - they don't have any thoughts on it apart from that. :|

From the Lifebox blog: " I really love finding new healthy brands and snacks to switch up my days with but it takes quite a bit of research which I personally find boring." - Really? A lot of research just to find the brands? She pops into Whole Foods with ease, Holland & Barratt shops are nationwide, even Tesco has a "healthy snacks" aisle with lots of options. If it's ingredients that are confusing, you could just stick to recognisable natural ones that don't sound like chemicals (the "if you can't pronounce it, best to steer clear" idea).
Oh my glob! I always wanted to write trashy books for lay-dees!

letswiki
Informer
Informer

Post by letswiki »

Re:the coffee scrub, i always thought it was just her copying meg (meganisobel/lipsofacto) who had already filmed/featured a diy scrub on her blog as a diy gift idea.

Post by Guest »

CowGoesMeow wrote:
This. :rofl: :rofl:
Or
Estée the walking billboard
Yes yes all of this! Lmao

baconpancakes
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by baconpancakes »

About that snack box: She's just making up stories so she can justify mentioning free shit. Blair Fowler does the same thing. "The other day I realized I don't have a good makeup mirror & then guess what magically fell from the sky?! A makeup mirror from*insert sponsored drivel here*". Now she'll copy Blair & get NatureBox to sponsor her too. (anyone else think LuLuLemon sent her a giftcard too?)

Also about that scrub, she may have been copying someone elses' blog but of all the scrubs to make, she chose coffee by pure coincidence? No way.

pussyglitter
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by pussyglitter »

Yes! #ad

Return to “Estee Lalonde”