emilynoel83 part 4

anat4ever
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: emilynoel83 part 4

Post by anat4ever »

Pup actually said that she thinks of Emily like a daughter and is proud of *herself* that she raised such a great daughter :?
Edit: the :? is in relation to praising herself, not the fact that she thinks Emily is great

andsheleft
Learner
Learner

Post by andsheleft »

It's a really difficult dynamic to have a sibling who is so much older than you are. I have a half sister who is 13 yrs older than I am and we aren't close at all. I feel like she is a cousin more than a sister.

JuliaWinston

Post by JuliaWinston »

The fact that she calls her "Pup" - an over pronounces it, of course - makes me irrationally angry :-x

norilangdon
Learner
Learner

Post by norilangdon »

JuliaWinston wrote:The fact that she calls her "Pup" - an over pronounces it, of course - makes me irrationally angry :-x
Her nicknames for everyone are not cute or charming. They honestly just make me cringe.

MantisShrimp
Informer
Informer

Post by MantisShrimp »

That's because these kinds of familial nicknames are meant to stay private...only you think they're cute everyone else is just like EW.

MantisShrimp
Informer
Informer

Post by MantisShrimp »

Sorry for double post but I'm in awe of the fact that Emily claims this is a different technique then she usually does: http://www.beautybroadcast.net/2014/03/ ... r.html?m=1

Literally the only difference is leaving the bottom lashes bare...

Granted this subtle look is better than her usual full face mask, it's absolutely the same as what she usually does, rust transition color and all!

andsheleft
Learner
Learner

Post by andsheleft »

Yeah... Those are NOT bare bottom lashes.

norilangdon
Learner
Learner

Post by norilangdon »

You know what I find really odd?

After all her years doing makeup, her winged eyeliner is still awful. Not even the poor camera quality and airbrushing effects she uses can disguise that. It looks as crappy as it did years ago in her older videos.

But then again, none of her techniques have really changed either. I guess this is just another part she didn't feel like needed improvement.

anat4ever
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by anat4ever »

^She said one time (maybe during BBlive?) that she has trouble with doing winged liner... even if she didn't conciously change, you'd think doing the same thing every day automatically would make the winged liner better.
With haul mini reviews on BB, mini reviews on BBlive, and reviews on BBexpress, I feel like most of her reviews are redundant. She keeps reviewing things she's already talked about and ignoring stuff sitting in her collection (even the new) that she's never mentioned or mentioned once. I asked once about the elf HD blushes, she said she already had them and that was that. She talked about testing the Revlon colorstay dry/normal formula and *silence* (I've probably brought it up more than she has)

norilangdon
Learner
Learner

Post by norilangdon »

Also -

Why is she so defensive over her looks? She typed out a mini-essay defending this bland, unchanging application and called it "Marilyn Monroe inspired". Really, Emily? Don't fool yourself. Your skills and application have not changed since you started wearing makeup.

shermansown

Post by shermansown »

Wow. I normally don't notice how bad she is at winged liner because I don't look at her pics for more than a second. But damn -- if I were that bad at it, which as you say is inconceivable after doing it for so many years -- I would a) never wear it, b) never take pictures of it, and c) either practice more or see a neurologist. Perhaps she has a benign tremor.

DingoPet
Informer
Informer

Post by DingoPet »

The way she replies to any constructive criticism in that passive aggressive manner really grosses me out. It's clear it comes from years of being told how wonderful and perfect she is.
Is that the actual layout of her blog linked above? I guess it should stand to reason that it would be just as dated looking as her style. It's awful and doesn't look like the blog of someone who does this "for a living".

Pyramid11
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Pyramid11 »

norilangdon wrote:You know what I find really odd?

After all her years doing makeup, her winged eyeliner is still awful. Not even the poor camera quality and airbrushing effects she uses can disguise that. It looks as crappy as it did years ago in her older videos.

But then again, none of her techniques have really changed either. I guess this is just another part she didn't feel like needed improvement.
That's because she has hooded eyes. It's difficult to have a clean, winged liner. She forces her eyes wider to appear she doesn't have them.

Pyramid11
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Pyramid11 »

And again - her teeth look yellow. Unfortunate.

Avalicious
Talker
Talker

Post by Avalicious »

I for one would rather see yellow teeth than another guru shilling Whitening Lightning. I am so thankful that Emily refuses to do sponsorships. You can pick apart everything else, but you have to admit that is admirable and extremely rare to see on YouTube anymore. End rant about sponsorships.

fleurkitten
Lurker
Lurker

Post by fleurkitten »

Avalicious wrote:I for one would rather see yellow teeth than another guru shilling Whitening Lightning. I am so thankful that Emily refuses to do sponsorships. You can pick apart everything else, but you have to admit that is admirable and extremely rare to see on YouTube anymore. End rant about sponsorships.

What about the Sigma brush cleaning glove?

makeupnewbie
Informer
Informer

Post by makeupnewbie »

Can we please give her some credit for not wearing falsies in her last couple of videos??? She looks SO much better!!

Return to “Emilynoel83”