clothesencounters / Jenn Im PART 5

Lolokwow
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: clothesencounters / Jenn Im PART 5

Post by Lolokwow »

toadette wrote:Remember when she said in the comments section that she was gonna go to the eggie warehouse and film it? Wasn't that supposed to happen in February? Unless I missed it since I don't really watch her vlogs thoroughly...
She didn’t necessarily go to the warehouse per se she inserted some muted very quick quick clips of her in an office with a few Effie workers. Nothing was really shown of the process, just her looking at what I believe would be classified as a vision board of looks. That’s probably all we’ll get of that

123xyz
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by 123xyz »

Lolokwow wrote:
toadette wrote:Remember when she said in the comments section that she was gonna go to the eggie warehouse and film it? Wasn't that supposed to happen in February? Unless I missed it since I don't really watch her vlogs thoroughly...
She didn’t necessarily go to the warehouse per se she inserted some muted very quick quick clips of her in an office with a few Effie workers. Nothing was really shown of the process, just her looking at what I believe would be classified as a vision board of looks. That’s probably all we’ll get of that
Was it the LA office? So much for showing it in China. Guess she doesn't want to admit to all the private labeling.

noradrenaline
Wanderer
Wanderer
Been thanked: 0

Post by noradrenaline »

Thisisridic wrote:Grammatical errors from latest vlog: "this is some serious moody lighting" does she mean "mood lighting." :?

Also, my grammar isn't perfect when I speak irl but I feel like if I were to put myself out in immortalized public spaces, I'd like to be as grammatically correct as possible.

And yeah, the first coffee scene was TERRIBLE! As was the following Nespresso scene.
"moody lighting" is grammatically correct. moody is an adjective.....

Lamonde_
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Lamonde_ »

She had to dedicate a segment or time for dealing with haters? This girl. It’s really getting under her skin xD

melonjellin4234
Learner
Learner

Post by melonjellin4234 »

I thought her presentation on her instastory look like she was reading some slam poetry or making a political speech. I am so tired of that whole "they are criticizing you because they hate themselves" argument. I think its a bit foolish of her to tell young girls in the audience to say haters are just jealous of you. A true mature person would take the criticisms, admit they need to work on their flaws, and then improve themselves. She is so daft, no Jenn your content became shitty and people or former fans are doing you a favor by giving you constructive criticisms to make you better.

Evil_robot
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Evil_robot »

in their fake bubbles youtubers are unable to comprehend that some people have a way higher lifestyle than them and can't even be jealous, because there's nothing to be jealous about.
some people have business, not eggie from China.
and working husbands.
great education and real friends, not pretentious flock.
if she thinks people are jealous of her looks I'd rather be jealous of Victoria's Secret models, because, you know, looks are a personal preference.

youtubers can't make up any good reason for why they get critisized, so they throw the jealousy card, although, I thought, in the 21st century it's completely pathetic and outdated.

maybe instead of vain whining Jenn could learn something to boost up her channel. idk about her instagram, but her channel is fading, look at your views girl, whatcha gonna do? eggie won't feed you

Lolokwow
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Lolokwow »

Lamonde_ wrote:She had to dedicate a segment or time for dealing with haters? This girl. It’s really getting under her skin xD
Omg yes lol I laughed so hard at the clips on her IG story, I hope she adds some to her vlog. Looks like girl watched a few faux deep Ted Talks and then decided herself to be some sort of cheesy life coach.

So is this why jenn’s be so preachy in videos lately? Practicing for her big presentation? Jenn didn’t really seem to have a niche to add to the event. Ashley talked the business and legalities of being an influencer. Steph talked technology and camera gear. I’m not 100% sure of what Jackie spoke on but I’m sure it probably pertained to diversity in the community and she had her fiancé there promoting his brand and image as a consultant too (super smart, I’m surprised Jenn didn’t find a way to get Ben into the show). I don’t know if Wengie spoke but I doubt she’d also have too much to add.

Lamonde_
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Lamonde_ »

I can’t with her preachiness and how to deal with whatever first world issue she has. You clearly don’t have your shit together, so why do you think you can give advice to somebody else?

the_nomad
Informer
Informer

Post by the_nomad »

Lolokwow wrote:
Lamonde_ wrote:She had to dedicate a segment or time for dealing with haters? This girl. It’s really getting under her skin xD
Omg yes lol I laughed so hard at the clips on her IG story, I hope she adds some to her vlog. Looks like girl watched a few faux deep Ted Talks and then decided herself to be some sort of cheesy life coach.

So is this why jenn’s be so preachy in videos lately? Practicing for her big presentation? Jenn didn’t really seem to have a niche to add to the event.
Exactly this. She has nothing of value to add so she goes back to talking about her "haters". What a wasted opportunity. If anything, at worst she gets constructive criticism both on her channel and here. If there are ways to better your branding, image, and your channel then why not focus on improving that instead of obsessing over your haters.

I mean if you're launching a clothing brand then you want the styling and concept to be on point and not riddled with problems. Also, if you're posting a video then doing some research beforehand is the very least you can do. This is her job after all.

Lolokwow
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Lolokwow »

Also side note what was the real purpose of the event? It looked quite small and didn’t really seem to be a “public” event. Were there tickets for the creators’ fans to buy? It seemed more like a marketing tool for Ashley to say “look what I’ve built!”

nubilelokoian
Talker
Talker

Post by nubilelokoian »

Lolokwow wrote:Also side note what was the real purpose of the event? It looked quite small and didn’t really seem to be a “public” event. Were there tickets for the creators’ fans to buy? It seemed more like a marketing tool for Ashley to say “look what I’ve built!”
ugh yeah, "a rare day" seemed like a big marketing ploy by ashley. it's so unnecessary tbh and i really wish she'd just stay in her lane as a manager. like rare global is NOT a huge management company, you don't need to create three new instagram accounts and a whole ass foundation. like why not just host a panel, promote it on the main rare global IG account, and then donate proceedings to an established charity instead of creating this tiny one with little impact or transparency?

kimdoyeon
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kimdoyeon »

her presentation was so embarrassing and cringey. while i agree that there are haters who hates you because of jealousy, seriously, jenn doesn't have any. exposing that her eggie designs are a replica of designer clothes is not hate. exposing that her eggie clothes are low quality is not hate. telling her that her content has been boring/bland, her outfits are not functional etc is not hate. it's called ~FEEDBACK~. it's like calling mcdonald's to feedback that their beef patty is under-cooked and they call you a hater. calling her chest-less is hate, but seriously i've never seen anyone said that???? like someone probably did, but it's probably 1 person out of the 10,000 other supporters.

she has said it 10 million times that she's more sensitive, but she should know that that's her issue and not us. she needs to learn how to deal with it and not straight up calling everyone who disagree a hater who is jealous of her. that presentation is seriously made for herself to listen.

telephone
Informer
Informer

Post by telephone »

Off topic but Emily made her IG private!

bluebirdpie
Debater
Debater

Post by bluebirdpie »

Jenn's face of the month, is she deliberately trying to look stupid or something? Those stupid faces she pulls....wtf! Video style and poses reminds me of iamkareno style. (And please Jenn, if you're reading this, no I'm not jealous of you!) You think she tried to make a more fun video because people think she's too serious recently with her medication talk?

bluebirdpie
Debater
Debater

Post by bluebirdpie »

**mediation not medication.

emmagossiper
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by emmagossiper »

telephone wrote:Off topic but Emily made her IG private!
This is such a bummer, she is more interesting then jenn :D

Why does Jenn always say Wow? I assume as a native speaker with a degree in communication she should know more words to express excitement

bluebirdpie
Debater
Debater

Post by bluebirdpie »

emmagossiper wrote:

Why does Jenn always say Wow? I assume as a native speaker with a degree in communication she should know more words to express excitement
Shall I follow Emily?

'I'm so excited... I'm so stoked.... it was so amazing.... it was so incredible... I can't wait...it's finally here!!' repeat to sound like Jenn.

the_nomad
Informer
Informer

Post by the_nomad »

nubilelokoian wrote: ugh yeah, "a rare day" seemed like a big marketing ploy by ashley. it's so unnecessary tbh and i really wish she'd just stay in her lane as a manager. like rare global is NOT a huge management company, you don't need to create three new instagram accounts and a whole ass foundation. like why not just host a panel, promote it on the main rare global IG account, and then donate proceedings to an established charity instead of creating this tiny one with little impact or transparency?
None of Ashley's clients care about charities or giving back to their community so I'm not surprised that Ashley didn't have the foresight to set something up for donations. Also, the event seemed all over the place from the instastories that I saw. I still can't believe Jenn got the approval to do her whole talk on "haters". For someone who has been all about the zen journey and meditating, she focuses way too much of her energy on haters. Don't preach what you can't practice.

spankcat
Informer
Informer

Post by spankcat »

bluebirdpie wrote:
emmagossiper wrote:

Shall I follow Emily?

'I'm so excited... I'm so stoked.... it was so amazing.... it was so incredible... I can't wait...it's finally here!!' repeat to sound like Jenn.
Honestly, Emily dresses really provocatively and her relationship is strangely unbalanced but she is way more interesting than Jenn at this point.

Curious cat
Debater
Debater

Post by Curious cat »

I can still see Emily's IG, I dont think it's private! We still have some interesting things to talk ~~

Return to “Jenn Im”