Chase Amie

Whatintheworld77
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Chase Amie

Post by Whatintheworld77 »

One thing I don't appreciate is, that bag obviously looks too heavy and uncomfortable to be carried by those thin straps. There are SO many heavy things in there. It looks so bulky and inelegant. It's neither professional enough for a business person nor casual enough for a young person. Not sure what this bag is trying to achieve. It's ok to promote a bag but she should also at least mention the cons.

an_chan_31415
Lurker
Lurker

Post by an_chan_31415 »

I'm confused. Is it supposed to be a normal work day to sell the bag as a work bag? I didn't see much work going on. Also I recall seeing the clip of her getting up in her slip next to Dan before lol, didn't she delete that.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

TTGirl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by TTGirl »

I couldn’t even be bothered to watch it. The title plus the Ad and that giant ugly bag really turned me off. Not even gonna give her the view count here

drasticactions
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by drasticactions »

I don't believe that's an actual working day for her, I bet they filmed this one on a weekend, no one else was near her on the train, and I thought she worked in an office? I have doubts that she went and worked and had meetings during the day in all these public places. She's so boring now. There is nothing wrong with being excited about getting married but her whole life seems to revolve around planning her wedding and buying new things (not that I'm doing much with my life so I'm not really one to talk). But it makes for a very boring channel.

drogers4205

Post by drogers4205 »

So...in the video "BEST TO WORST | BAG COLLECTION RANKED!" she ranks her bags, but gives a disclaimer in the beginning that she would only be ranking bags she bought with her own money and not any bags she received as gifts. However, towards the end of the video she brings out the Goyard tote that I have never seen before and talks about how awful the wear and tear of the bag is. She then goes on to say the bag was a graduation gift from her mom. Ummm...what was the point of the disclaimer if she was going to include a gifted bag anyways? I sure hope her mom doesn't watch her channel because I've seen her do collections etc. and don't ever recall seeing the Goyard. Now all of a sudden it makes an appearance only for her to talk bad about a gift that was given to me. I understand the bag may wear terribly, but it was a gift for goodness sakes. Why show it and then drag on it?

And what's with all of these so called "lux" channels always talking about the Longchamp bags. Those are NOT luxury items....and their plain and unattractive to boot.

vixen
Learner
Learner

Post by vixen »

I assume by ‘gifted’ she meant PR gifts.
She’s shown the bag from her Mum a couple of times a while back, maybe once in a room/closet tour if I remember right.

drogers4205

Post by drogers4205 »

vixen wrote:I assume by ‘gifted’ she meant PR gifts.
She’s shown the bag from her Mum a couple of times a while back, maybe once in a room/closet tour if I remember right.
I wonder about that. Didn't her mom and/or Dan purchase her the YSL tote as a gift? I don't recall seeing that in her ranking line-up.

Post by Guest »

drogers4205 wrote:
vixen wrote:I assume by ‘gifted’ she meant PR gifts.
I wonder about that. Didn't her mom and/or Dan purchase her the YSL tote as a gift? I don't recall seeing that in her ranking line-up.
I was gonna say, she received that YSL tote from Dan and her mom. Maybe she sold it which is why it wasn't in the line up, lol. 8-)

(I'm being facetious).

notsoposh
Debater
Debater

Post by notsoposh »

Haven’t seen the YSL tote in a long time, maybe she did sell it. She didn’t seem happy receiving it.

Brizgos
Informer
Informer

Post by Brizgos »

That huge ugly bag she’s carrying around town in her latest vlog is absolutely ghastly! Wonder if Dan had to tag behind to film her badly acted “typical day”. So corny , it’s embarassing .

tootloot57
Learner
Learner

Post by tootloot57 »

All the comments on that last video/ad are spot on.

Clearly not an actual work day - walking up in bright sunlight. No one on the DLR with her. Didn’t go to office but had a pretend meeting then lunch with friend.

Skin looked terrible and face really sagging for someone her age.

So inappropriately dressed - she was clearly freezing.

She looked so awkward walking around and waiting at the station.

Bag is really fugly. Can’t believe the price!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bethy
Informer
Informer

Post by bethy »

My God, I haven't watched in a while as she was just too vacuous, but now it's even worse.

That bag was awful and bulky, and what was with the light clothing during this freezing weather in London? It's been SO cold! She looked freezing on that station and talking to her friend. Everyone around her was in full winter clothes and warm hats and gloves, what was she thinking?

One thing that stayed with me though was how sad she looks, she doesn't look happy at all, something is really wrong with her, deep down, and she's buying and hauling all of this crap that she doesn't need or want to try to cover it up. She just doesn't seem happy in her life to me.

danitay
Talker
Talker

Post by danitay »

spankcat wrote:I think her whole schtick is that she wants to be viewed as this glamorous #hustling working woman, but she just looks really bad and out of place. Everyone around her is bundled up in practical clothing for the weather and she's tottering around in pastel heels and a skirt.
Yeah. This is something I don't really get. Women youtubers like Chase Amie and Elle Florence who work full time seem to dress really fancily for work (dresses, florals, lace/other unusual materials, bright colors, high heels, expensive handbags). I work as an accountant, have worked in several companies, and no one dresses that way, maybe for a special occasion but not for daily work. I have same age girlfriends in engineering, IT, law, etc. and I don't know of anyone who dresses that way. My work attire is a black or neutral colored pants/skirt, and a shirt/blouse. That's it. Mon-Fri, all year round, and that's how it is for my coworkers too.

Post by Guest »

danitay wrote:
spankcat wrote:I think her whole schtick is that she wants to be viewed as this glamorous #hustling working woman, but she just looks really bad and out of place. Everyone around her is bundled up in practical clothing for the weather and she's tottering around in pastel heels and a skirt.
Yeah. This is something I don't really get. Women youtubers like Chase Amie and Elle Florence who work full time seem to dress really fancily for work (dresses, florals, lace/other unusual materials, bright colors, high heels, expensive handbags). I work as an accountant, have worked in several companies, and no one dresses that way, maybe for a special occasion but not for daily work. I have same age girlfriends in engineering, IT, law, etc. and I don't know of anyone who dresses that way. My work attire is a black or neutral colored pants/skirt, and a shirt/blouse. That's it. Mon-Fri, all year round, and that's how it is for my coworkers too.
Same, no one where I work dresses like they do and I’ve worked in many office settings. The only people I know who dress “fancy” are the receptionists. ;)

an_chan_31415
Lurker
Lurker

Post by an_chan_31415 »

Isn't it because of her line of work? I always thought those working in PR and marketing dress quite a bit more fancily. At least that's the case where I'm from.

Whatintheworld77
Learner
Learner

an_chan_31415 wrote:Isn't it because of her line of work? I always thought those working in PR and marketing dress quite a bit more fancily. At least that's the case where I'm from.

It definitely could be the line of work. I'm in hospitality and when I was in the sales & marketing department, we can be really fancy even with black suits.

drasticactions
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by drasticactions »

I found the whole trip to Paris with her mom weird. I love my parents and I love going places with them but why drag your mom to Paris just for hair and makeup trials? I know they did other stuff but it honestly seemed like just a reason for her to take Instagram photos. She even staged the tables at their restaurants so it looked like she was the only one there. Isn't it a bit early for makeup and hair trials? Unless she isn't getting married in the summer? I just assumed she was because that seems like the kind of thing she'd like.

notsoposh
Debater
Debater

Post by notsoposh »

Ugh I hate those black camis she keeps pushing in every damn video. Haven’t seen her wear any other top in the last 3-4 months!!

Whatintheworld77
Learner
Learner

Omg... she is looking at another pink bag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YouTuberr
Informer
Informer

Post by YouTuberr »

I agree with the poster who says Amie needs a long bob, I think it would look great.

A lot of these You Tubers wear so much makeup and really age themselves.

Return to “A-E”