Melissa Alatorre

cheesecakelover
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Melissa Alatorre

Post by cheesecakelover »

Someone requested a thread about her so here it is! I like her, but I've only watched her recent videos so idk about character changes.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

viridian
Talker
Talker

Re: Melissa Alatorre

Post by viridian »

cheesecakelover wrote:Someone requested a thread about her so here it is! I like her, but I've only watched her recent videos so idk about character changes.

She has one already! ;) viewtopic.php?f=129&t=24875&hilit=melissa+alatorre

milanese15
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by milanese15 »

I have no beef with her, but I saw an empty, brand new trash thread and thought I'd help kick it off. I've only seen a handful of her videos and they didn't appeal to me for a couple reasons. One, I'm not into her style of makeup. I'm an eyeshadow girl, and hers often looks very messy, imprecise and it's always brought up really close to the brow, which I find to be less wearable. Two, she is kind of cringe on her delivery. I first found her with her chocolate bar tutorial where she pretended to eat the palette and then awkwardly cut to a real chocolate bar. I have no clue what she was going for there--it wasn't funny, cute, clever or charming--so it's always colored my view of her. Other than that, she just seems a little bland and unintetesting.

milanese15
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by milanese15 »

Also, does anyone know how old she is? I thought she was on the older side (35ish), but now I think it might just be her bone structure/more mature features.

UghhAsIf
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by UghhAsIf »

viridian wrote:
cheesecakelover wrote:Someone requested a thread about her so here it is! I like her, but I've only watched her recent videos so idk about character changes.

She has one already! ;) viewtopic.php?f=129&t=24875&hilit=melissa+alatorre
That's a rave thread...

skinny_boho
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by skinny_boho »

I believe she's 28 or 29

kathleenlightsssss
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by kathleenlightsssss »

milanese15 wrote:Also, does anyone know how old she is? I thought she was on the older side (35ish), but now I think it might just be her bone structure/more mature features.
I thought she was 35 as well, she's 26 i believe?

kathleenlightsssss
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

She's annoying now. With the PR videos.. Ughhh. so try-hard! :roll:

saucinonu
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by saucinonu »

i used to love this chick. i thought she was a little awkward on camera but that made her more "normal." i thought her videos were really educational and real. now i feel like she's got a taste of that youtuber life, with the parties and trips and everything and she's starting to become another carbon copy and annoying

viridian
Talker
Talker

Post by viridian »

UghhAsIf wrote:
viridian wrote:

She has one already! ;) <a class="vglnk" href="viewtopic.php?f=129&t=24875&hilit=melissa+alatorre[/quote" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>gurugossiper</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>viewtopic</span><span>.</span><span>php</span><span>?</span><span>f</span><span>=</span><span>129</span><span>&</span><span>t</span><span>=</span><span>24875</span><span>&</span><span>hilit</span><span>=</span><span>melissa</span><span>+</span><span>alatorre</span><span>[/</span><span>quote</span></a>]

That's a rave thread...
OOPS :oops:

starsicle11
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by starsicle11 »

saucinonu wrote:i used to love this chick. i thought she was a little awkward on camera but that made her more "normal." i thought her videos were really educational and real. now i feel like she's got a taste of that youtuber life, with the parties and trips and everything and she's starting to become another carbon copy and annoying
Yesss to all of this. I first found her about a year ago. I think it was a skincare video and she recommended rosehip oil. I've been using it ever since. But now her videos are generic and boring.. ad placements, etc. I don't click on them ever anymore.

I do like her workout clips on her IG stories though, I'll give her that. She's damn good at jump roping. :rofl:

kathleenlightsssss
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

saucinonu wrote:i used to love this chick. i thought she was a little awkward on camera but that made her more "normal." i thought her videos were really educational and real. now i feel like she's got a taste of that youtuber life, with the parties and trips and everything and she's starting to become another carbon copy and annoying
Yeah I actually liked her.

Now she's a control copy paste of: Desi, Tati, et al... :roll: :roll: :roll: :eeek:

TechnicolorLips
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by TechnicolorLips »

I actually liked her at first. She seemed very vampy and different from other gurus. I think she can look very pretty when she's wearing less makeup.
I agree what another poster said about her eyeshadow. She puts it too high, even when she's wearing lighter colors and it's annoying. Another thing that bugs me is when she leaves her eyebrow hairs jutting everywhere.
What's up with her lashes on the first pic?! Is the left lash not on properly?
Anyway, after watching a bunch of her videos it seemed like she's just another "guru" who doesn't know what she's talking about.ImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-N920G using Tapatalk
PMS should just be called ovary-acting. <3 :D

kathleenlightsssss
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

TechnicolorLips wrote: I agree what another poster said about her eyeshadow. She puts it too high, even when she's wearing lighter colors and it's annoying. Another thing that bugs me is when she leaves her eyebrow hairs jutting everywhere.
Yeah I commented on one of her videos once asking WHY SO HIGH with the shadows? it looks bad :? also she smokes it out too low and too thick underneath the lower lashline. it looks comical, not good. I asked how she can be a makeup artist? :? :rofl:

HolyPoly
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by HolyPoly »

Oh Melissa. I had such high hopes for her. She may have been a little awkward in front of the camera when she started out but at least she was herself. Now, she's still awkward (even more so now imo) and tries to be like basic ass Desi, Katy, Shayla, and the rest of those clowns. Just like those clowns, she tries to shove her camera in front of her bf's face, and he clearly hates it. Her videos are all boring af. I agree that at first her videos seemed pretty informative, now they're all repetitive and she's ALWAYS going for ~editorial~ looks when she posts a makeup tutorial. I too remember when she was on snapchat at some event and she said she was too nervous to go up to Desi and Katy :roll: right then and there, I knew it was the beginning of the downfall. As ratchet as Karen (iliuvsarahii) can be, I like her, and when she took Melissa under her wing, I think even she could tell Melissa was trying hard to be like her and the rest of that crew. I think it's better to have a friend group with different personalities rather than a group of carbon copies. Too bad Melissa thinks she needs to be exactly like them to get their attention/approval. Melissa, I'm pretty sure Karen liked you just fine the way you were, but let's be honest if it weren't for her, Katy and Desi wouldn't even know you existed or would care to hang around you, why do you so badly want to be their friend? You were doing fine when you were doing your own thing. Why not hang out with your friends from college? Does anyone know what Melissa majored in?

Also, Melissa needs to cut back on her snapchat stories. My god, she has one of the most boring snapchat stories of all time. How many times do you have to show us Meeka? Your bf hates being on camera so why try to force it in his face? Not to mention, he's boring himself anyway and gives off typical guy from the PNW douche vibes. "Car Rides with Kyle" was dumb and that's when I finally deleted Melissa off snap. Your life isn't that interesting or exciting, please stop.

I swear this girl just irritates me now. I haven't watched a full video of hers in months. Is it just me or has she stopped uploading as consistently as she had before?

Sona is more her vibe, she should go back to just hanging with her lol.

kathleenlightsssss
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HolyPoly wrote:Now, she's still awkward (even more so now imo) and tries to be like basic ass Desi, Katy, Shayla, and the rest of those clowns. Just like those clowns, she tries to shove her camera in front of her bf's face, and he clearly hates it. Her videos are all boring af.
I swear this girl just irritates me now. I haven't watched a full video of hers in months. Is it just me or has she stopped uploading as consistently as she had before?

Sona is more her vibe, she should go back to just hanging with her lol.
Her voice is annoying too. And yes she comes across like a try hard it's so embarrassing these girls on youtube now .. thinking they've "made it" we're all just laughing AT YOU!

saucinonu
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by saucinonu »

i legit get uncomfortable when she films her bf. sometimes he's funny and cool and other times he's got the worst attitude like he's gunna tell her to fuck off. trust me, i get it! who wants a camera in their face always? but it's sooo awkward to watch. and she just giggles like she doesn't care
does anyone know what he does? i don't think they live lavishly, which is one thing i appreciate, but i'm pretty sure LA is expensive so i'd love to know what he does. i know he was a bartender when they met in college

kathleenlightsssss
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

saucinonu wrote:i legit get uncomfortable when she films her bf. sometimes he's funny and cool and other times he's got the worst attitude like he's gunna tell her to fuck off. trust me, i get it! who wants a camera in their face always? but it's sooo awkward to watch. and she just giggles like she doesn't care
does anyone know what he does? i don't think they live lavishly, which is one thing i appreciate, but i'm pretty sure LA is expensive so i'd love to know what he does. i know he was a bartender when they met in college
When/where does this happen? Snapchat?

TechnicolorLips
Gossiper
Gossiper

kathleenlightsssss wrote:
TechnicolorLips wrote: I agree what another poster said about her eyeshadow. She puts it too high, even when she's wearing lighter colors and it's annoying. Another thing that bugs me is when she leaves her eyebrow hairs jutting everywhere.
Yeah I commented on one of her videos once asking WHY SO HIGH with the shadows? it looks bad :? also she smokes it out too low and too thick underneath the lower lashline. it looks comical, not good. I asked how she can be a makeup artist? :? :rofl:
Maybe she thinks it will make her eyes look bigger? I agree though, she drags the shadow too high on top and too low on bottom.

Some of her IG pics look like she's hardly wearing a base like foundation, concealer and powder, but if you watch some of her videos she layers it on. It's not thick cake like NikkieTutor, but it's still quite a bit. Melissa sorta makes it look natural, but once you see her without makeup-oh man. She has a white, almost bleached-looking face.

As for her man, I've only seen him in her morning routine so I don't know. If he has a job then that's awesome (compared to other guru's moochers-i mean bfs/husbands) Image

Lastly, her dog. Image Honestly I'm sick of seeing these beauty guru's pets! I've seen her depressed husky so many times in her makeup videos, but not her bf...Image Is it just me or does her dog look sad and lazy all the time? Aren't huskies supposed to be more energetic?

TechnicolorLips
Gossiper
Gossiper

Sorry for the dp, but wanted to share some more pics.

1st: Melissa without makeup and it's an ad.
2nd: Her tired dog
3rd: Melissa with her manImageImageImage

Return to “K-O”