• Advertisement

EDucating Shanny

Re: EDucating Shanny

Postby Getfive » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:19 am

Her entire house looks like the room of an 8 year old ...
Getfive
Learner
Learner

Advertisement

Postby stubbornly » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:48 pm

her most recent video about "being anorexic now" is super cringey, especially all the "exercising" she does in it and the part where she has a tantrum & fucks up her living room lol. I'm so tired of her victim mentality, she's never gonna do anything with her life & will probably never fully recover because of it, and it's SO incredibly detrimental to her young impressionable viewers.
stubbornly
Wallflower
Wallflower

Postby kally33 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:37 pm

stubbornly wrote:her most recent video about "being anorexic now" is super cringey, especially all the "exercising" she does in it and the part where she has a tantrum & fucks up her living room lol.

Super cringey and problematic, I agree. I found her through the "day in the life of a bulimic" video, which was also somewhat cringey, but also very real and powerful because...you know...she IS bulimic. I don't think she was every really anorexic. EDNOS/OSFED, maybe, sure...

It really bothers me when people discount the fact that being underweight is really an important criteria for anorexia. I'm sorry, but being underweight has both physical and mental effects that make it a very different disease. She has never even been underweight, it seems, so I don't know who she thinks she is claiming that she could possibly understand what it is to be anorexic, because the effects of being medically underweight are a huge part of it. And I'm speaking as someone who has been in both places. No one is saying that EDNOS/OSFED is any "better" or that it can't turn into anorexia...many disease have overlapping symptoms and develop co-morbidities over time. There is simply no such thing as an "overweight anorexic."
kally33
Learner
Learner

Postby wheresmymango » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:58 am

I wouldnt recommend her channel to anyone i know with an ED. This channel enables the behavior . How do you expect to get recovery tips from someone who isnt recovered herself ?AND no credentials. i dont know if it was the disorder or herself that made her become a very manipulative person .She throws giant pity parties when she talks about comments that dont agree with her. If people judge you on the internet by content YOU put out , that is YOUR responsibility . This is a public platform . Instead of addressing the random trolls here and there , how about you address the people actually giving you critique.

This situation reminds me of Eugenia Cooney in the way that she gains attention and identity from her dysfunction .Girl how are you going to make a fan base about your mental disease ? Make a seperate channel if you want "Shanny FANnys" . Your life revolves around your ED . I have more issues with her but im gonna cut it short right here .
wheresmymango
Wanderer
Wanderer

Postby dyemypubes » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:29 pm

I don't think her channel is harmful for other people .. she's often a sobbing mess and she certainly doesn't glamorize her eating disorder. . just watch the video of her taking her dentures out to show how she has zero teeth left because she puked until they dissolved. . .that is not glamour. That is cold hard reality.

I think her channel is harmful to herself. She has convinced herself that her channel is "therapy" because she talks to the camera and sometimes people write insightful comments. But it's not therapy, not even close. There is a reason therapists go through decades of school and training. There is a reason that people go to therapists for years. It's great to talk to friends and family and your husband, but it does not take the place of professional help.

Similar to Eugenia Cooney, Shanny's entire YouTube identity revolves around never getting better. People log in for their daily dose of horror and tears. Plus people leave comments on her videos that would chip away at the soul of even the most healthy and confident person and the damage they could do to someone as fragile as Shanny is just atrocious.

I'm also about 99% sure her husband is gay and using his marriage to a major damage case who can't have sex with him as a cover. He's more like a nurse maid than anything else. He's clearly a good person, but that just makes me sad. 2 people crumbling under the weight of oppressive religious guilt.
dyemypubes
Talker
Talker

Postby Getfive » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:17 am

Seen her latest video? She got two strikes and is convinced that youtube staffs have a quota on channels to strike every month :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I can not believe how absolutely incredibly stupid that b*tch is :rofl: She says so many things in that video where my jaw dropped to the floor. Im amazed how retarded she actually is,,,,,, :o
Getfive
Learner
Learner

Postby kally33 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:54 pm

So seems like she has pretty much abandoned Youtube...in her sporadically-uploaded videos it seems to be because of marital issues? Does anyone who follows her on IG have better insights?
kally33
Learner
Learner

Postby theodora102 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:07 pm

All that's on her instagram story is obnoxious singing, and more victim mentality. She took a break from youtube because people were starting to see through her bs. You know that if "marital issues" was really the main focus her shanny fannys would be hearing every detail because, after all, according to her they're the only things keeping her sane :roll:
theodora102
Wallflower
Wallflower

Previous

• Advertisement

Return to Health
  • Advertisement
VigLink badge