Lucia Tepper

tuff ghost
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Lucia Tepper

Post by tuff ghost »

I love her! She’s a young college girl who’s extremely intelligent and practical. She posts thought-provoking videos all the time (her channel is LuciaTepperBeauty). She has a good head on her shoulders and it seems to be her mission to expose the beauty industry’s greed and capitalism. Also, she does amazing, colorful eye looks! And I appreciate that she is unique-looking, she doesn’t have “Instagram brows” and isn’t highlighted to the point of blinding you (although those are trends I personally enjoy). Her channel is RAPIDLY growing. Y’all should check her out!

sellotape5
Wallflower
Wallflower

Re: Lucia Tepper

Post by sellotape5 »

I think her videos are so good because she is so realistic about how stupid the youtube beauty community can be.

Cheryl Blossom
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Cheryl Blossom »

I'm loving her channel right now!

I get the sense she might be one of us ;)

karmaviolet
Learner
Learner

Post by karmaviolet »

I do quite like what she is saying about beauty industry and beauty influencers, but I cannot bring myself to watch her. She is informative and extremely intelligent but there are still things to learn. I can’t stand the way she literally preaches of these things, she makes it sound like she is the only one who can make good decisions money and makeup-wise. I appreciate the content but I don’t like her.

Tallntraveling
Informer
Informer

Post by Tallntraveling »

I came across her today actually. I do like her videos and like her for the points mentioned in the opening post. I do agree she comes across a bit preachy, but she also has some good points. And she is a young girl in college. I dont want to overgeneralize, but most people that age in college can feel they are right in everything they say. I want to say that in her defence, not as judgement. Again, I do like the videos she does and I am probably going to keep watching her.

Tallntraveling
Informer
Informer

Post by Tallntraveling »

The more videos I see of her, the more I start to like her. I am glad her channel is growing for her, she deserves it. I think it is great for that she expects to get PR packages and I hope she can make some bucks of the channel as a college student.

Cheryl Blossom
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Cheryl Blossom »

I don't know if any of you saw her Insta stories about companies expecting her to basically do sponsored videos for free but I thought she made some really great points. I'm glad she's not willing to bend over backwards just to get free shit. Her makeup collection reminds me of mine when I was in college!

Tallntraveling
Informer
Informer

Post by Tallntraveling »

Cheryl Blossom wrote:I don't know if any of you saw her Insta stories about companies expecting her to basically do sponsored videos for free but I thought she made some really great points. I'm glad she's not willing to bend over backwards just to get free shit. Her makeup collection reminds me of mine when I was in college!
I hadn't followed her on instagram actually yet :oops:
I think her collection is actually a very normal collection. I know some people have massive collections, but even now I am not in university anymore I am planning to keep it about the same size as hers. But then I do move around a lot for work and travel a lot and cant cram all of it in a suitcase time after time. from your comment it sounds lik she wants to stay legit and not lie to get more free products, which I really like. Makes it worth to keep watching her for me, to know what is worth the money (and a place in my collection), so far I have been really impressed with and hopes that she can keep this role in the beauty scene on yourtube which we really needed!

Cheryl Blossom
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Cheryl Blossom »

In her stories she basically says that she always gives the same response to companies asking to send her PR, that she will take it but won't guarantee that she will mention it in a video, and obviously won't speak positively about the product just because it was sent to her. Most companies are fine with this but she mentioned one company (she won't name them) that kept sending her follow-up emails with essays about what to say about the product, how to show it in the video, etc etc etc, despite her many responses that she wasn't going to do that for a video that wasn't even sponsored.

Then the day after she put up the first story about it, they sent her ANOTHER email "reminding" her that she hadn't made the video yet.

I'm glad she is open and honest about these sorts of things, of course we have seen a lot of YTers change once the fame and $$$ goes to their head, but I hope she maintains her integrity.

Chilly polar bear
Learner
Learner

Post by Chilly polar bear »

I just discovered her today, and I really like her! I agree that she can be a bit preachy, but I agree with her on most of what she says so it doesn't bother me that much personally. It's refreshing to see who's mindful of the consumerism that's getting kind of insane in the beauty community, and actually comments on it and wants to change it.

porkbun
Lurker
Lurker

Post by porkbun »

Hmm are we watching the same videos? Her personality is so neurotic and melodramatic. Makeup seems to bring her more pain than pleasure.
She reminds me of Angry Video Game Nerd lol

Cheryl Blossom
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Cheryl Blossom »

porkbun wrote:Hmm are we watching the same videos? Her personality is so neurotic and melodramatic. Makeup seems to bring her more pain than pleasure.
She reminds me of Angry Video Game Nerd lol
Well this is the rave thread so people posting here have mostly positive opinions. You’re welcome to make a trash thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tallntraveling
Informer
Informer

Post by Tallntraveling »

As much as I do like her and her videos, I am very interested to see what she is going to do now that she is growing so much in subs and getting PR. Is she going to keep practicing what she preaches?

thatsranunculus
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by thatsranunculus »

I'm really enjoying Lucia so far, and I hope any of the slightly irritating things about her (being a bit dramatic and preachy) will lessen a bit as her personality matures throughout college. (I feel like most people have that brief self-righteous phase in their late teens/early twenties, and then grow past it around the age when they'd be graduating college/uni.) She's so passionate and idealistic, which is great to see, and definitely something YouTube needs these days. I'm also curious to see exactly how she handles PR. It seems like she has a good attitude toward it, but I'm always wary when people reach that stage with their channels.
"Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's lies. It's probably lies."—Michelle Wolf

Tallntraveling
Informer
Informer

Post by Tallntraveling »

I don't support the hate she is getting at all, and I thinks he is in the right, but I can see how it rubs some people wrong she went from ''PR is toxic and people shouldn't get that much make up'' to receiving 2 palettes in a week. Like I said, I get that she wants the PR and I fully support her on this topic but I cán see why some people are upset about it.

thatsranunculus
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by thatsranunculus »

Tallntraveling wrote:I don't support the hate she is getting at all, and I thinks he is in the right, but I can see how it rubs some people wrong she went from ''PR is toxic and people shouldn't get that much make up'' to receiving 2 palettes in a week. Like I said, I get that she wants the PR and I fully support her on this topic but I cán see why some people are upset about it.
I feel the same way. I'm somewhat wary to see how she'll handle PR (because so many have been down this road and handled it badly), but I really like her and I have faith in the way she's approaching the issue so far. I don't think she would enjoy getting those huge UD packages with every shade of lipstick—if/when she gets to the point where brands want to send her big things like that, I'd be curious to see what she does.

In general, I don't think the vitriol she's getting is warranted. I can sort of see why aspects of her style/personality annoy some people (she can be a little self-righteous and dramatic), but I think a lot of that comes from being young, idealistic, and super passionate. I think her approach is something YouTube really needs right now, and it's refreshing that her channel is growing so much even though she's so different from the typical person we see in the (flailing, and yes, toxic) ~beauty community~.
"Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's lies. It's probably lies."—Michelle Wolf

Tallntraveling
Informer
Informer

Post by Tallntraveling »

thatsranunculus wrote:
I can sort of see why aspects of her style/personality annoy some people (she can be a little self-righteous and dramatic), but I think a lot of that comes from being young, idealistic, and super passionate. .
Thank you! I tried to say that a few comments ago but wasn't able to put it in the right words!

facepainter
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by facepainter »

Her Shop Hush haul video is not going down well with her subscribers. Currently has 729 likes and 696 dislikes. Most people in the comments are having problems with her doing a PR haul after gaining success from going against these hauls and preaching about anti-consumerism, not giving into FOMO, and not buying more than you need. It just doesn't look good for someone who recently made a video about her small makeup collection to be unboxing 10 eyeshadow palettes and other products she'll never use up. She also apparently went on an Instagram/Snapchat rant about Tati making a PR video and deciding to unsubscribe just a day or two before her video.

She's young, so I can see how it would be exciting to give in to the temptation, but I think this video was a mistake. Hush ALL their money off FOMO by immediately making knockoffs of expensive products everyone feels they need to have. Not to mention that their whole gig of stealing ideas and barely bothering to hide it is ethically questionable in the first place. Doesn't look good for a Youtube who also makes a big deal about company ethics.

Tallntraveling
Informer
Informer

Post by Tallntraveling »

Oh how the mighty have fallen

Seriously though. How did she think this would go down well with her followers

facepainter
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by facepainter »

She hid the likes and dislikes, but last time I saw, the dislikes were higher than the likes.

Return to “Gurus With Less Than 50,000 Subs”