Clothes you are uncomfortable with wearing

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Clothes you are uncomfortable with wearing

Post by Angie V »

What are some clothes that you are uncomfortable with wearing? It can be either physically uncomfortable or just ones you feel weird or awkward in.

For me:

- dresses or skirts: I don't like my legs so unless I wear opaque tights or leggings, I don't like to wear dresses or skirts. I wish I could wear them though because I think they're pretty, but I feel awkward in them.

- shorts: I'm not sure about this anymore because I have lost some weight and my thighs don't do much of this anymore, but I hate wearing shorts because they always bunch up between my legs / up my crotch. (also that thing where I don't like my legs so I don't like for people to see them)

- fancy or formal clothing makes me feel overdressed and awkward

- heels: i'm already 5'7" so heels make me feel like a giant
imma ball til the day i fall

princessvoldemort
Informer
Informer

Re: Clothes you are uncomfortable with wearing

Post by princessvoldemort »

Heels- I have high arches and high arches and high heels don't mix.

thismustbetheplace
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by thismustbetheplace »

I used to have body image issues so there was a period of about two years when I wore men's clothes all the time and didn't wear shorts, dresses, or skirts because I thought I was "too fat" for them (I was 5'4" and 120 pounds, just to show you how irrational I was being). Now I wear dresses all the time though.

Most of the clothes that I refuse to wear now, I don't wear for comfort reasons. I don't wear super short dresses because they're usually really tight and you have to be conscious about accidentally mooning someone. I don't wear stuff made out of that itchy chiffony kind of polyester, or wool, because those are uncomfortable on my skin. I don't wear pants that are in the least bit baggy because I find that to be the most annoying thing ever -- I actually prefer my jeans to be super tight. I don't wear stuff with drapey sleeves or weird cutouts because those are annoying. I only wear high heels a couple of times a year because I am awful at walking in them and I always have to do a lot of walking.

Also I refuse to wear anything that's "too trendy." I want to buy stuff that I will want to wear for years, not cheap trendy things.

sarcasmqueen
Learner
Learner

Post by sarcasmqueen »

Heels, tight dresses or baggy jeans. Or clothes that are really bright and colorful.
Jag tror du söker efter mer än du ser,
Men jag ser att du ler och jag tror att du tvivlar.

kittykat

Post by kittykat »

I don't feel particularly comfortable in dresses or skirts that are short and/or flowy because I'm afraid the wind will blow it up lol.

Fadia Fiji
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Fadia Fiji »

Turtlenecks. I keep having to pull the collar down because I can't breath in them
Pants/jeans that are baggy. I like really fitted pants as I'm more comfortable with them.
I think most dresses look too awkward on me.. and I feel awkward in skirts

Doctor's Companion
Learner
Learner

Post by Doctor's Companion »

Pants/Jeans - I feel really awkward in them.

Skirts and dresses are so much better.

BornThisWay94

Post by BornThisWay94 »

Pants. Don't like them

Super tight clothes

Yoga pants

angel face
Informer
Informer

Post by angel face »

Really low cut shirts (mainly because I basically have no boobs and and my chest area is very boney) as well as "fancy clothing" or "church clothing" is what I like to call it, I just hate feeling so overdone and elegant looking, defiantly not me.

sentel
Learner
Learner

Post by sentel »

Im uncomfy wearing high socks. they must b ankle socks

Diorette
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Diorette »

Tight t-shirts, I feel that they can make your stomach look fat when you sit.

SarahSunshine
Learner
Learner

Post by SarahSunshine »

Right now? Everything! Haha. I'm 21 weeks pregnant with number 2 and I just feel awkward. I need my belly to get a little bigger so it actually looks like I'm pregnant and not just bloated or like I have a beer belly.
When I'm not pregnant...anything really low cut because I have small boobs and it never looks right. Baggy shirts or dresses because I don't have many curves so they always make me look shapeless. Bermuda shorts make me look weird.

loopyloo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by loopyloo »

Anything too short/skimpy/tight. I just don't like showing a lot of flesh and I also don't like to constantly have to be aware of how I am bending over etc. I have a Muslim friend who wears a hijab and modest clothes and part of me is actually quite envious of her!

I don't wear high heels as life is too short to have sore feet.

I like skirts and dresses, but my legs aren't great so they are not the easiest thing for me to wear.

I wish big knickers would come into fashion! I find a lot of fashionable/sexy knickers uncomfortable, especially as it's quite cold where I live so you want to have that extra layer on your stomach. I would love to find some big attractive knickers!

catcherintherye
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by catcherintherye »

Low cut blouses.... I feel like I would have a nip slip. 3/4th sleeves make me uncomfortable.

laurie
Debater
Debater

Post by laurie »

tight t-shirts, like the ones they sell at abercrombie or american eagle with the "women's cut" (not the unisex ones you'd get from school or an organization). they always ride up in the back and i have to pull it down every time i get up.

tights or pantyhose. i don't mind skirts or dresses, but i can't wear them in the winter because i can't stand the feeling of wearing tights.

strapless tops/dresses. i don't have boobs so they will fall down. i hate that this whole bandeau swim suit top is a thing now, because it's hard to find normal swim suit tops.

SarahSunshine
Learner
Learner

Post by SarahSunshine »

laurie wrote:tight t-shirts, like the ones they sell at abercrombie or american eagle with the "women's cut" (not the unisex ones you'd get from school or an organization). they always ride up in the back and i have to pull it down every time i get up.

tights or pantyhose. i don't mind skirts or dresses, but i can't wear them in the winter because i can't stand the feeling of wearing tights.

strapless tops/dresses. i don't have boobs so they will fall down. i hate that this whole bandeau swim suit top is a thing now, because it's hard to find normal swim suit tops.
I'm with ya on the strapless tops and dresses! They all fall off of me. So annoying, especially the swimsuits.

DonsHugeClothes
Informer
Informer

Post by DonsHugeClothes »

I hate wearing HIGH heels.. I have very skinny legs so I look like a baby bird, I also feel very awkward in them.
Also, don't like thongs never can get past feeling it in my crack all day. That's just me personally, kudos to all of you girls who rock them!

DonsHugeClothes
Informer
Informer

Post by DonsHugeClothes »

Mid-length shorts.... creep me out :? Like the ones that are in the middle area between your butt and knee.

Uhlizubeth
Informer
Informer

Post by Uhlizubeth »

Low cut shirts. Personally I think it's weird to display boobs to the public. Am I alone on this?
3/4 sleeve shirts. It's either too cold to wear them or too hot, and they make my arms look weird
Heels/formal clothing. Not for me. I feel like I look like I'm trying too hard even if I am at a formal event

xoxo
Talker
Talker

Post by xoxo »

Dress shorts - awkward clothing item, it's either pants or skirt. I like casual shorts a lot though.

Padded shoulder blazers or any tops with emphasis on shoulders, because I have wide shoulders.

Short t-shirts, tops, sweaters.. unless I wear a short top to tuck it in a pencil skirt. I just want to elongate my torso. Maybe to pull the attention away from my broad shoulders? idk.

Black tops, I feel like that color washes me away in the face and I generally feel like a wallflower in black. I need some color to liven me up.

Return to “Fashion Discussion”