Foundation advice

beached_up
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Foundation advice

Post by beached_up »

I need some help, don't trust the advice of the YT'ers, they'll say anything. So here's my problem. I am 48 and my skin changed dramatically over the winter. In my teens, 20's through mid 30's I had oily skin. I mean oil slick and would break out. Suddenly, my skin went crazy over the winter. I never had to deal with dry skin but finally have a routine down to keep it under control. Dealing with dry skin was a whole new thing to me. :o

I am looking for a new foundation, light coverage. I don't break out anymore so I really just need something to even out my skin tone and moisturizing. A heavy foundation would end up settling into lines and make it worse lol. Also, need advice on concealer, any recommendations on foundations and concealers? Any advice and recommendations would be appreciated! Don't know if it matters but I have fair skin with pink undertones.

yellowcookiemonster
Debater
Debater

Re: Foundation advice

Post by yellowcookiemonster »

If you are looking for something moisturising you could perhaps use a BB cream. They don't have much coverage but they do even out skin tones quite well. I have heard good things about the boujois healthy mix foundation (It has light coverage). If you just want to even your skin tone you could invest in A S A P soothing gel which calms and hydrates your skin. I have a very uneven skin tone and this is a HG product of mine.

(Sorry if this wasn't of any help)

beached_up
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by beached_up »

Thank you, I was thinking of a BB cream too, I am past the age where full coverage is an option lol. Just looks cakey on my skin.

Post by Guest »

I've also been recently experiencing very dry skin, you're not alone! :( Like @yellowcookiemonster said, BB cream is great! You could just use that and just spot treat problem areas with concealer.

Physician's Formula has a really good BB cream, it's called the Super BB All-in-1, I believe. great coverage. ^^
A concealer I'd recommend Maybelline's Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circle Treatment Concealer.

It also helps to slather on a REALLY good moisturizer during bed time, so my recommendations for that would be First Aid Beauty's Ultra Repair Cream Intense Hydration, or Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion. They're both a bit pricey for moisturizers, but you don't need a lot and they work so well (especially the First Aid Beauty - my new HG for life).

onigiri815
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by onigiri815 »

I would probably suggest something like Bourjois CC cream, or any of the Bourjois foundations. They are quite liquidy and moisturising and really great to quickly put on, especially with fingers.
Bareminerals original powder foundation could also work as long as you have a good moisturiser, alternatively, I have found it makes me a bit oily so could work normally too.
Clinique would have a good selection as would Lancome.

girliegirl
Debater
Debater

Post by girliegirl »

You should try Clinique's Acne Solutions BB Cream (ignore the word "acne" in the name, it's actually good for most skin types.) I used it for awhile and it's always made my skin look flawless. I had to stop using it though because I have super oily skin and it seemed to make me even more oily. But I imagine it would be perfect for someone with dry skin. For concealer I recommend Urban Decay's Naked concealer, it is hands down the best concealer ever. It doesn't settle into fine lines like most concealers I've tried.

Moccachocolatti
Informer
Informer

Post by Moccachocolatti »

I would recommend teint visionaire by Lancome.
And I like to use Embryolisse as a moisturizer/primer before putting on foundation. It works like a charm.

Return to “Make up & Beauty Discussion”