These rules are disclosed to clarify the various responsibilities of all community members here on Guru Gossip. They shall be adhered to by everyone to ensure that our board runs smoothly and provides a fun and productive experience for all of our community members and visitors.
- Be respectful of other posters. #
- Make an effort to post topics in the appropriate forum. If you are not sure whether or not there is a topic made, please use the search function located at the top of any page to search for one. This includes not posting just a period to bump the threads (as there is a bump feature). #
- Users should not attempt to moderate the forum. Use the report function or private messaging to alert a moderator to a situation that may need to be handled with moderation. #
- Do not abuse the report function. One report for an off topic discussion or any other type of issue is enough for the mods to be alerted to a situation. Don't just report it as SPAM unless it really is spam. #
- Got a channel or blog you want to promote? Do so here, SELECTIVELY... You can put URLs in your signatures, but if you create any new topics they will be deleted. *NOTE: SOME LINKS MAY BE DELETED WITHOUT EXPLANATION* #
- Refrain from posting any personal information (e.g. last names and addresses) that a YouTuber/Blogger/Influencer/Personality or another user (members included) has not released themselves. This also includes refraining from posting private photos that that person has not released themselves on their public social platform accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc). This is often referred to as Doxxing and will not be tolerated. #
- Refrain from mocking mental and physical illnesses. You are not the personal doctor to anyone here, and thus should not suggest what anyone has, be it a member or the YouTuber. #
- Refrain from using any form of hate speech, as it will not be tolerated. This includes body shaming and any post that is ethnically, racially, religiously, or sexually discriminatory or prejudice. Body shaming does NOT include stating an opinion that someone is "fat". Fat is a subjective term. #
Breaking the following rules will result in having your account automatically permanently banned:
- Excessive trolling and/or flaming will result in a permanent ban.
- Only one account per person is permitted. Subsequent accounts may be merged or permanently banned.
- Spam will not be tolerated and will result in a permanent ban.
- Linking to pirated material or viruses is prohibited and will also result in a permanent ban.
- Breaking the following rules will result in having your account automatically permanently banned:
*Moddies and Admin have the right to edit or delete posts as necessary based on the previously stated rules!*
And UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED BY AN ADMIN, Moderators are REQUIRED TO STRICTLY ADHERE TO THESE RULES THEMSELVES! #
- *THESE RULES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE* #
- Any attempt to have content removed, will be reviewed, but often denied. Due to the flow of the conversation in such a forum, removing content (your post) is often a bad thing causing the forum to be unreadable. For this reason we often deny all removal requests, unless it violates a rule or policy. ie: spam, off topic, flaming posts often get reported and subsequently deleted. However, just because you want it removed, doesn't mean we have to remove it. #
- You may at some time want your account deleted. If we deactivate your account, we WILL keep your posts up. We will NOT delete all of your posts. Once you post, it becomes part of the flow of conversation and we will NOT remove posts that will confuse the conversation. Your posting here is agreement that your posts become OUR content. #
- *Moddies and Admin have the right to edit or delete posts as necessary based on the previously stated rules!*
- The act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet
- To engage in an online argument usually involving unfounded personal attacks by one or more parties.
- Mockery and insults thrown at internet users back and forth.
- Redirecting a discussion thread off topic or trying to anger others posting on the thread.
- If you want to discuss yourselves, an off topic thread in the section can be made.
- Body shaming is NOT stating an opinion of someone being "fat". Fat is a subjective term. Fat for one person is not fat for another. It is Body shaming only if they are saying the personality is unlikable solely based on weight or body shape. #
- To obtain private and personal information on individual people to embarrass them publicly or harm them in some way, is generally referred to as DoXing. #