These rules are disclosed to clarify the various responsibilities of all community members here on Guru Gossip Community Forum. They shall be adhered to by everyone to ensure that our board runs smoothly and provides a fun and productive experience for all of our community members and visitors.
- Be respectful of other posters. #
- Make an effort to post topics in the appropriate forum. If you are not sure whether or not there is a topic made, please use the search function located at the top of any page to search for one. This includes not posting just a period to bump the threads (as there is a bump feature). #
- Users should not attempt to moderate the forum. Use the report function or private messaging to alert a moderator to a situation that may need to be handled with moderation. #
- Do not abuse the report function. One report for an off topic discussion or any other type of issue is enough for the mods to be alerted to a situation. Don't just report it as SPAM unless it really is spam. #
- Got a channel or blog you want to promote? Do so here, SELECTIVELY... You can put URLs in your signatures, but if you create any new topics they will be deleted. *NOTE: SOME LINKS MAY BE DELETED WITHOUT EXPLANATION* #
- Refrain from posting any personal information (e.g. last names and addresses) that a YouTuber/Blogger/Influencer/Personality or another user (members included) has not released themselves. This also includes refraining from posting private photos that that person has not released themselves on their public social platform accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc). This is often referred to as Doxxing and will not be tolerated. #
- Refrain from mocking mental and physical illnesses. You are not the personal doctor to anyone here, and thus should not suggest what anyone has, be it a member or the YouTuber. #
- Refrain from using any form of hate speech, as it will not be tolerated. This includes body shaming and any post that is ethnically, racially, religiously, or sexually discriminatory or prejudice. Body shaming does NOT include stating an opinion that someone is "fat". Fat is a subjective term. #
Breaking the following rules will result in having your account automatically permanently banned:
- Excessive trolling and/or flaming will result in a permanent ban.
- Only one account per person is permitted. Subsequent accounts may be merged or permanently banned.
- Spam will not be tolerated and will result in a permanent ban.
- No pornographic material is to be posted in any form including but not limited to pictures, videos, and links. This will result in a permanent ban.
- Linking to pirated material or viruses is prohibited and will also result in a permanent ban.
- Breaking the following rules will result in having your account automatically permanently banned:
*Moddies and Admin have the right to edit or delete posts as necessary based on the previously stated rules!*
And UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED BY AN ADMIN, Moderators are REQUIRED TO STRICTLY ADHERE TO THESE RULES THEMSELVES! #
- *THESE RULES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE* #
- Any attempt to have content removed, will be reviewed, but often denied. Due to the flow of the conversation in such a forum, removing content (your post) is often a bad thing causing the forum to be unreadable. For this reason we often deny all removal requests, unless it violates a rule or policy. ie: spam, off topic, flaming posts often get reported and subsequently deleted. However, just because you want it removed, doesn't mean we have to remove it. #
- You may at some time want your account deleted. If we deactivate your account, we WILL keep your posts up. We will NOT delete all of your posts. Once you post, it becomes part of the flow of conversation and we will NOT remove posts that will confuse the conversation. Your posting here is agreement that your posts become OUR content. #
- *Moddies and Admin have the right to edit or delete posts as necessary based on the previously stated rules!*
- The act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet
- The art of deliberately, cleverly, and secretly upsetting people, usually via the internet, using dialogue.
- Being a jerk on the internet because you can. Typically unleashing one or more cynical or sarcastic remarks on an innocent by-stander, because it's the internet and, hey, you can.
- Attempting to get a rise out of someone. Forcing them to respond to you, either through wise-crackery, posting incorrect information, asking blatantly stupid questions, or other foolishness.
- To engage in an online argument usually involving unfounded personal attacks by one or more parties.
- Mockery and insults thrown at internet users back and forth.
- The act of flaming includes insults to a person's intelligence or somebody's mother, trying to make a fool of that person or humiliate that person, crude language, threats and intimidation, and the list goes on and on.
- Redirecting a discussion thread off topic or trying to anger others posting on the thread.
- Definition of an off topic post: Any post that is not on the main topic; irrelevant to the discussion
- Example(s) of Off Topic posts that might be reported: Comparing yourself to the YouTuber that the forum is about. Posting photos of yourself in order to compare yourself to the YouTuber. Using a symbol of any kind, an emoticon or the words "following" in order to follow a thread; there is a subscribe link at the bottom of the each thread page. Please use it instead.
- Refrain from discussing your life or posting your pictures. These threads are not about you. Making a post like "So, when I do my makeup, I first do foundation, then I put concealer, and then I powder and then I put on my primer. Why doesn't the YouTuber do it like I do?" or "She claims she's a size 14? I'm a true size 14, here's my picture" are examples of off topic posts. We don't want people to feel like they have to be robotic in their postings, but we also don't want threads littered with off topic posts. Continuous postings of off topic posts are seen as trolling in some online communities. Please remember that these threads are not about you. We enforce this rule to protect your privacy and to maintain the integrity of the forum that the YouTuber is about.
- If you want to discuss yourselves, an off topic thread in the section can be made.
- Body shaming is NOT stating an opinion of someone being "fat". Fat is a subjective term. Fat for one person is not fat for another. It is Body shaming only if they are saying the personality is unlikable solely based on weight or body shape. #
- To obtain private and personal information on individual people to embarrass them publicly or harm them in some way, is generally referred to as DoXing. #