CTFxC / The Trippys

YouTubeAddict79
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: CTFxC / The Trippys

Post by YouTubeAddict79 »

molticolori wrote:I've also noticed the increased attempts at getting people to subscribe all the time. Before, it was maybe once a week but now it's everyday. Are they losing too many viewers? They're also pimping out their side channels like crazy.
Didn't he start doing it when Olga was over? I thought it made sense because her suscribers were watching the videos so. But yeah now it's a bit too much. I don't know if people who only watch one of their vlogs now will feel the urge to suscribe.

YouTubeAddict79
Informer
Informer

Post by YouTubeAddict79 »

Presence wrote:P.S: Charles was born in 1984 (according to Wikipedia). That video of the proposal happened in 2007--when he was 23.

Alli was born in 1989 and would have been 18 when that video was shot.

So, I stand corrected. She wasn't 17 when they met in person. She was probably around 19. I do recall her mentioning she was 15 when he first sent her a friend request and that they stayed in touch online for years before they met in person.
I think it was Alli who went after him, no? I remember Datev saying something like that at their wedding.

kittykat1
Debater
Debater

Post by kittykat1 »

Can I just say that I'm glad Charles cut his hair? My god, his hairstyle before was hideous.

Mashula
Debater
Debater

Post by Mashula »

Anyone else found it kinda weird that Alli casually mentioned out of nowhere that the animal crossing game she's been playing was given to her by Nintendo? When did they go in cahoots with nintendo? Almost makes me wonder whether the 3DS prank wasn't a sponsored video :|

femscout
Informer
Informer

Post by femscout »

Mashula wrote:Anyone else found it kinda weird that Alli casually mentioned out of nowhere that the animal crossing game she's been playing was given to her by Nintendo? When did they go in cahoots with nintendo? Almost makes me wonder whether the 3DS prank wasn't a sponsored video :|
Nintendo gave several people (around 30+) advanced copies of Animal Crossing: New Leaf at the beginning of May. A few people on Tumblr and people like WiiFolderJosh got copies to review and show the game. It's just a way to get the word out, people have reported they are not being paid, just that they got an advanced and free copy of the game.

Mashula
Debater
Debater

Post by Mashula »

^fair enough

Goat
Informer
Informer

Post by Goat »

Presence wrote:
KittyKax wrote:Yeah what happened was Charles and his friend made a bet or something on who can make more Youtube friends in a week and Charles happened to add Alli as a friend (lol) And so they started chatting and he would help her with tech stuff and eventually they went out.
It was actually MySpace. Charles was using some sort of Friend spam software to get as many MySpace friends as possible and Ali happened to be one of the people who got a friend request.

If I remember correctly, she was only 15 at the time. They stayed in touch online and met when she was 17.
Charles and Alli said they talked for 5 or 6 years before meeting in person in the end of 2008 (December I think?). If Alli is 23 that means she was 13 when Charles (who would've been 17/18) first added her.

Presence
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Presence »

Charles and Alli said they talked for 5 or 6 years before meeting in person in the end of 2008 (December I think?). If Alli is 23 that means she was 13 when Charles (who would've been 17/18) first added her.
Wrong.

Charles was born in 1984 (according to Wikipedia). That would have made him 18 years old in 2002.

Also, according to Wikipedia, MySpace didn't go live until 2003 and didn't reach huge popularity until 2005-2008.

Goat
Informer
Informer

Post by Goat »

Presence wrote:
Wrong.

Charles was born in 1984 (according to Wikipedia). That would have made him 18 years old in 2002.

Also, according to Wikipedia, MySpace didn't go live until 2003 and didn't reach huge popularity until 2005-2008.
Alli: "But we talked for a while and we had never actually met, we were just friends for the longest time and we just talked online."
Charles: "We were friends for like 5 years or something like that."

Charles: "So yeah... we were friends for like 5 years, 6 years something like that."

Anything else?

Presence
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Presence »

As I wrote in a previous post:
P.S: Charles was born in 1984 (according to Wikipedia). That video of the proposal happened in 2007--when he was 23.

Alli was born in 1989 and would have been 18 when that video was shot.

So, I stand corrected. She wasn't 17 when they met in person. She was probably around 19. I do recall her mentioning she was 15 when he first sent her a friend request and that they stayed in touch online for years before they met in person.
My estimation is that she was 15 when they first met online and 18-19 when they met in person. Charles was about 20-21 when they met online and was 24-25 when they met in person. And in between them meeting online and meeting in person, Charles dated, and proposed to, another woman.

manderszx
Debater
Debater

Post by manderszx »

I wonder if Charles ex Aly watches any of his Vlogs from time to time.

Presence
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Presence »

manderszx wrote:I wonder if Charles ex Aly watches any of his Vlogs from time to time.
I wondered that too.

I always thought Aly was far more attractive than Alli and, I suspect, she's moved waaaaaaay beyond Charles. But I wonder, if, from time to time, she still checks in on him.

In a weird way, she will always be tied to Charles. I've never Googled her (I'm not that curious), so I don't know if her info is out there and she can easily be found on Twitter, Facebook, etc. I'd guess she keeps a low profile online to avoid crazy CTFxC followers.

CIK27
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by CIK27 »

Presence wrote:
manderszx wrote:I wonder if Charles ex Aly watches any of his Vlogs from time to time.
I wondered that too.

I always thought Aly was far more attractive than Alli and, I suspect, she's moved waaaaaaay beyond Charles. But I wonder, if, from time to time, she still checks in on him.

In a weird way, she will always be tied to Charles. I've never Googled her (I'm not that curious), so I don't know if her info is out there and she can easily be found on Twitter, Facebook, etc. I'd guess she keeps a low profile online to avoid crazy CTFxC followers.

It looks like she is married now also. https://www.facebook.com/allyrhodes

Oubliette
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Oubliette »

CIK27 wrote:
Presence wrote:
I wondered that too.

It looks like she is married now also. https://www.facebook.com/allyrhodes
She's indeed super pretty!

Is it me or does her husband look like an older Charles in this pic? LOL :P

MyDunkinOdor
Informer
Informer

Post by MyDunkinOdor »

I remember the old ally, imo, ally and charles had more chemistry than alli and charles.
He seemed like he was really obsessed with ally and was devastated when she dumped him, his old friend jeff saying he was depressed and drinking all day, and that's when he started "seeing" alli, so people were saying she was a rebound chick. idk, i guess to me they seemed like a much better match, except the hair, haha.

Presence
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Presence »

Check out this photo. He looks like the older 2007 version of Charles (when Charles had long hair):

She's beautiful, educated, and has a job. I like this Ally! Seems like she wanted to do more with her life than hang out with her mom, play with the dogs, and vlog her boring life.

molticolori
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by molticolori »

tacobelle00 wrote:I remember the old ally, imo, ally and charles had more chemistry than alli and charles.
He seemed like he was really obsessed with ally and was devastated when she dumped him, his old friend jeff saying he was depressed and drinking all day, and that's when he started "seeing" alli, so people were saying she was a rebound chick. idk, i guess to me they seemed like a much better match, except the hair, haha.
IMO, that's not really a healthy relationship if he was obsessing over her. Ally's husband looks like an aging Charles, it's creepily close.

NerdOut
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by NerdOut »

I haven't watched many old Ally videos, so I guess I can't speak on their chemistry, but I think Charles and Alli seem perfect for each other. They're not the exact same, but they play off of each other well and clearly are completely in love.
I also think while Ally is pretty, Alli is prettier. She also just seems more... put together, and classy. The only videos I've seen with Ally she seemed more grungy and less disciplined.

Post by Guest »

I think Alli and Charles has plenty of chemistry, and they seem really good for each other. There is nothing worse than when people lose their identity in relationships, Charles and Alli hasn't. They do their own thing with and without each other. Sure, Alli hangs out with her parents a lot, and Charles drives all over his neighborhood in a golf cart. Sure, they film the dogs all the time and complain a lot about how green their pool is, but then again that is how their life is, and that is what they document in their logs. Daily life even for vloggers isn't going to be all going to Ripleys, and going on tour with a rock band all the time. That would get exhausting, even for viewers. Sometimes there are just going to be periods of everyday living. Wether or not people find that boring, is a matter of personal preferences. I personally don't, because it lets you get to know who they are as individuals, and that is what I find interesting.

As for Ally, I personally don't find her more attractive than Alli. I think Alli has more warmth and a mischievous twinkle in her eyes that I really like. Anyway isn't it a bit pointless discussing if she was the better girlfriend, when A, she broke up with him, and B, hasn't been heard from since?

Return to “Charles Trippy”