loease
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Dan & Phil Part 40 : Fiddling For Fun

Post by loease »

kazzie wrote:
I am still left here wondering about how that person knew about the gas man? that was the bloody creepiest thing about tonights liveshow? :?
Same. How did Dan not pick up on it? I guess he just kind of assumed that Phil told everyone. Who is this person that knew about D+P's home visitors? Is there a way to dig up the chat and find the user? (lol I was just thinking, I remember how before I joined GG, everyone was saying this place was super sneaky and had inside info on D+P and resorted to legitimate stalking/hacking tactics. Turns out there's someone not on GG who has done actual stalking.)
sweetmm wrote:I don't believe the story about the college friend just on the fact that the person will surely stalk his twitter and Dan is not a person who would be "cruel" to sass his own friend publicly. Unless he wants to sever ties completely with the person.
I believed his story (though I admit, I wasn't paying very much attention to his face/speech so he could have been lying.) That is something I thought was weird though; how he was so willing to diss a HS friend in front of literally millions of people when his friend could just check his twitter and see that he was talking about her. But his story didn't seem far-fetched or memorized or thought up on the spot, so I dunno.

Frying Phan
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Frying Phan »

Just a little contribution with my amazing crafting skills… :D
missemma, thanks for the emoticons! :HK:
http://chardonnayblancfan.tumblr.com/po ... my-amazing

fakelights
Debater
Debater

Post by fakelights »

Nothing in that liveshow that I didn't expect, so it was ok. I think his excuses for things like that are so tragic they become funny, so them being true or not I don't really care. I'm just here to see the struggle lol

But yeah, what was the gas man thing anyway??? Where that even came from?! Weeeeeird!

imphanaf
Talker
Talker

Post by imphanaf »

loease wrote:
kazzie wrote:
I am still left here wondering about how that person knew about the gas man? that was the bloody creepiest thing about tonights liveshow? :?
Same. How did Dan not pick up on it? I guess he just kind of assumed that Phil told everyone. Who is this person that knew about D+P's home visitors? Is there a way to dig up the chat and find the user? (lol I was just thinking, I remember how before I joined GG, everyone was saying this place was super sneaky and had inside info on D+P and resorted to legitimate stalking/hacking tactics. Turns out there's someone not on GG who has done actual stalking.)
this shit right here got me fucked up. got some time to kill so went back to watch phil's sunday liveshow and he didnt mention the gas man at all.

I dont know has done Dan to deserve something weird and fishy happening in every single one of his liveshows and Phil just happens to never cross situations like this. honestly what poor luck that boy.

tymyky
Lurker
Lurker

Post by tymyky »

I just want to contribute to the gasman mystery. I have this theory that Dan has some bullet points on his laptop and you can sometimes see him looking at it when there is a awkward silence and then he suddenly comes up with another topic. In the previous liveshows I sometimes noticed that he has a look at the laptop and then tries to cover it by looking at the chat and then coming up with a question like it was asked by someone in the chat and it's usually asked by John or Tom (sometimes he even hesitates before saying the name). imo he thought that he tweeted about the gasman (but didn't), wanted to talk about it in the liveshow (had it in a document on his laptop) and then just made it seem like someone had said it in the chat. idk
Last edited by tymyky on Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

D-A-V-I-D
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by D-A-V-I-D »

sweetmm wrote:
humanholiday wrote:ALSO! SO! I made a post a few pages back that I thought this was going to be an extended trip; I still have that hunch. Both Martyn and Cornelia have gone and if Martyn's gone to man the booth, seems strange Cornelia would go too just for a day or two. And they still won't be home by Tuesday and Vidcon ends on Saturday. Sooo... maybe Florida? Or perhaps just staying longer in LA for a double date type holiday with M&C? Curioussss.
FYI Martyn & Cornelia manned their booth in Playlist too.
I wonder if Martyn will also be managing a merch booth for Carrie. It's possible she may share D&P's booth since their company IRL Digital Ltd handles her merch online. I believe I heard she's going to be there this year.

frannielou
Learner
Learner

Post by frannielou »

tymyky wrote:I just want to contribute to the gasman mystery. I have this theory that Dan has some bullet points on his laptop and you can sometimes see him looking at it when there is a awkward silence and then he suddenly comes up with another topic. In the previous liveshows I sometimes noticed that he has a look at the laptop and then tries to cover it by looking at the chat and then coming up with a question like it was asked by someone in the chat and it's usually asked by John or Tom (sometimes he even hesitates before saying the name). imo he thought that he tweeted about the gasman (but didn't), wanted to talk about it in the liveshow (had it in a document on his laptop) and then just made it seem like someone had said it in the chat. idk
He's suck a sneaky lil shit I believe it.

Vivastian
Debater
Debater

Post by Vivastian »

rylee wrote:I'm so late but I just got around to watching the liveshow phanshows is my savior but overall I liked it! He seemed chatty and happy enough and while he didn't really spend a lot of time on anything serious it was still alright. I knew that business meeting explanation was coming but I'm not sure if I believe him 100% phan goggles on too long probably or if I fully believe him about the tweet thing either. I mean surely as sweetmm said if he was friends with someone they would know his twitter and see what he said? Or maybe he just had his share of philgaritas afterwards and was slightly bitter, who knows. I never know when to think he's lying or not anymore
So I just watched the live show myself; time for *opinions*

I thought he was quite sincere about meeting an old friend from high school. He talked very quickly, didn't really seem to back track, and I thought the way he worded it made it seem really truthful because of how in-depth he went. It didn't seem to be the demeanor of someone fabricating a lie (to me, anyways). I think the philgaritas did do their share, and tbf we don't even know whether this old high school friend he met up with had twitter. If she didn't, then Dan wouldn't have much to worry about indirecting her - especially as it was vague enough to pass of as something else. Maybe the girl is the clueless kind who doesn't realize she is a total gossip, and Dan figured she'd never make the connection, nor care about his Twitter with thousands of teenage girls @replying with "DAD!" every two seconds. Lbr, his Twitter is less of a "me" thing than it is a for-us thing.

I guess I just don't understand why he would make up that whole story if he was lying, instead of saying something along the lines of "It wasn't an indirect, just general advice." But maybe I'm just really bad at reading facial expressions. This is Dan, after all. He made the bottom favoriting into a full feature-length film.

Perhaps it's a mix of the two. Perhaps he did meet up with someone who blabbed everyone's secrets, but it wasn't someone from high school. With his lips loosened from Phil's alcoholic concoction and his judgement damaged, he might have tweeted it and then later realized what he'd done. Perhaps Dan knew that it was too late to go back, as there was already a huge fuss about it (*cough*Evan*cough* :roll: ), and deleting the tweet would only cause more rumors. Perhaps he decided to tell the truth on YouNow, but he just replaced the person's name with "an old high school friend."

I don't believe I have enough evidence to draw a sufficient conclusion.

As for the dinner, he skidded over it quite quickly (in contrast), which makes me more suspicious of whether it was actually with the publishers. I know I asked before (btw thank you, zvk), but I did some stalking of my own on their social media (and the heads of FlipSide), and none had mentioned anything about dinner on their Facebooks or Twitters, but idk whether they're the kind of people to share about going out to eat. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt,.

Loved the HP talk (my one true fandom) :tu: If all live shows go like this, I'll have no room to complain.
tymyky wrote:I just want to contribute to the gasman mystery. I have this theory that Dan has some bullet points on his laptop and you can sometimes see him looking at it when there is a awkward silence and then he suddenly comes up with another topic. In the previous liveshows I sometimes noticed that he has a look at the laptop and then tries to cover it by looking at the chat and then coming up with a question like it was asked by someone in the chat and it's usually asked by John or Tom (sometimes he even hesitates before saying the name). imo he thought that he tweeted about the gasman (but didn't), wanted to talk about it in the liveshow (had it in a document on his laptop) and then just made it seem like someone had said it in the chat. idk
Oooh! :D I usually just assume he's glancing as a way of thinking, but I really like this theory! Dan has said in the past that he often does bullet points for videos, so live shows might be same. He might be even more motivated to do it because it's non-editable.

You would think that he would have just said, "So we had a gas man visit the apartment the other day.." instead of making the effort to make up a name, though.

Either way, the idea of someone knowing that they had a gas man visit the apartment is creepy af, so I'm just going to hope you're right.

(Tom, ey? Does this mean that giving advice for asking guys out was apart of that list as well? ;) I kid...I kid.)
loease wrote:It's easier to not care.

teamug
Learner
Learner

Post by teamug »

Poor kid (I mean Dan), when a liveshow goes all haru over the place, it's all, why won't he talk about it..and when he does talk, the result is LIES, it's all lies.
I'm finding it all a bit funny, but still, poor kid.
Oh, and the gasman thing, I really hope that Dan brought it up first and no one in the chat, because I've never 'worried' about Dan and Phil, but stalking is very serious and unfortunately too often brushed aside.

sweetmm
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by sweetmm »

D-A-V-I-D wrote: I wonder if Martyn will also be managing a merch booth for Carrie. It's possible she may share D&P's booth since their company IRL Digital Ltd handles her merch online. I believe I heard she's going to be there this year.
Most probably for SITC; I doubt she'll be going to Vidcon so booth there might not be allowed for non participant (correct me if I'm wrong).
Credit:amazingfiru

Spicyhottea
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Spicyhottea »

So Louise is already at the airport with Jack Howard and 2 other girls I didn't recognise, so she doesn't seem to be flying with Dan and Phil this time. Wonder when they're off. Boo hoo to no starting Louise vlog with Phan in it.

sweetmm
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by sweetmm »

humanholiday wrote:So Louise is already at the airport with Jack Howard and 2 other girls I didn't recognise, so she doesn't seem to be flying with Dan and Phil this time. Wonder when they're off. Boo hoo to no starting Louise vlog with Phan in it.
I believe the one beside her is gleam staff; normally big conventions such as vidcon and playlist D&P seem never to be seen checking in with the crowd. They also been flying business class all the time these current years; so unless Louise is also given business she might not be sitting near them. If Doug travels alone he does go on business class but normally going there he travels in a group, so we can't depend on him too :(

kazzie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kazzie »

omg im so with you on that theory actually. I remember him doing that in the previous liveshow, he was staring off into space for a bit and then he started asking himself a question without looking at the chat and he was like "said eh...John"
It makes sense for him to come up with topics, you don't want to be left sitting there stumped with what to talk about in front of 17 thousand+ people. But LMAO Dan next time don't make us think you have a stalker.
ImageImage

sweetmm
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by sweetmm »

^ I can imagine his bullet point
[*]talk about Phil as a meerkat

tymyky
Lurker
Lurker

Post by tymyky »

kazzie wrote:
omg im so with you on that theory actually. I remember him doing that in the previous liveshow, he was staring off into space for a bit and then he started asking himself a question without looking at the chat and he was like "said eh...John"
It makes sense for him to come up with topics, you don't want to be left sitting there stumped with what to talk about in front of 17 thousand+ people. But LMAO Dan next time don't make us think you have a stalker.
Yes, that happend a couple liveshows back and that was the first time I noticed. Since than I paid more attention and I think that you can find an example of that in almost every liveshow. I wanted to find something but don't have time right now. We don't know if the "gasman story" was also this case (probably) but he definitely does it during liveshows, which I don't blame him for.

Spicyhottea
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Spicyhottea »

sweetmm wrote:
humanholiday wrote:So Louise is already at the airport with Jack Howard and 2 other girls I didn't recognise, so she doesn't seem to be flying with Dan and Phil this time. Wonder when they're off. Boo hoo to no starting Louise vlog with Phan in it.
I believe the one beside her is gleam staff; normally big conventions such as vidcon and playlist D&P seem never to be seen checking in with the crowd. They also been flying business class all the time these current years; so unless Louise is also given business she might not be sitting near them. If Doug travels alone he does go on business class but normally going there he travels in a group, so we can't depend on him too :(
Well they all flew in business class together for Playlist I think it was? And yes, Louise always seems to fly business class, absolutely. I think a majority of them do now. Still hoping they fly with someone so we get some vlogs because I know the boys won't hahaha.

sweetmm
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by sweetmm »

humanholiday wrote:
Well they all flew in business class together for Playlist I think it was? And yes, Louise always seems to fly business class, absolutely. I think a majority of them do now. Still hoping they fly with someone so we get some vlogs because I know the boys won't hahaha.
They flew on business class together for that 10 years youtube celebration right? Youtube flew just a few so I guess thats why they can afford it. I'm going through all youtubers twitter now, still no luck :rofl: Doug is taking Virgin Atlantic so I'm still hoping.

Winterbury
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Winterbury »

*squints* did i... did i post something about the live show yesterday... i don't think so... i don't know

The gas man thing honestly screwed me so thanks for the plausible explanation, tymky. I'm going to pay more attention to that kind of stuff on future.

Anyway, my favourite YT related time has begun: Convention time or as I like to call it "that time of the year were desperate daily vloggers get twice the views because they have D&P in their thumbnail"
Can't wait for the first vlogs to go up and see who they're hanging out with. I hope Chris vlogs the event because if he has an awkward moment with D&P, there's (almost) no way he'll cut it out. haha
ImageImageImage

Delta503
Debater
Debater

Post by Delta503 »

Main talking points of the liveshow, which I'll touch on briefly.

1. 'Date night' was a book celebration with the publishers. While my brief shining moment of 'phan af' has been shattered, this explanation is understandable. D&P's publishers are penguin (I think?) so they've got cash to splash on a nice meal out, which is what normally happens at the end of big projects. Also, the fact it was on a monday night and in central London makes this story add up, as there are plenty of nice restaurants more local to casa de D&P they could have gone to on their own. Also, I doubt they'd have tweeted anything about going out if they didn't have a legitimate excuse; it would have been too damning. I did like how quick Dan was to set the record straight though, who's betting he saw all the cringe #phangagement shit? :?

2. Bitchy!Dan tweet explanation. Loved this story and it's clear he doesn't hold this high school friend in particularly high regard so why not tweet about it later? Lbr, he seems like someone who keeps things close to their chest, and in his position as a public figure I wouldn't be telling a 'blabbermouth' the intimate details of my life. I laughed at the incredulity he expressed at all the drama that generic tweet created though, it must be pretty bizarre.

3. Gas man weird thing. I think tymyky's theory is the most likely thing we've got going. It was a bit of a slip up on his part though, he was obviously careless. I really like the idea of D&P getting tense when a stranger enters their home though. Another piece of evidence for those who like to theorise that the appartment is their 'safe space' which they're pretty selective about people entering.
sweetmm wrote:
Come on Louise, we're all counting on you for vlogs. Preferably make them as awkward as possible and/or film them in party settings. That would be the dream. I reckon D&P will be in business class right? And yeah, it is interesting that they never seem to be boarding the same flights as lots of other yters, possibly trying to put off the barrage of people trying to get clips of them to put in their thumbnails ;)

Also, random but kinda funny. 5 second of summer retweeted this vine of D&P. Bet Dan's really happy with that :rofl:
[tweet][/tweet]
Dan Howell wrote:Remember kids, this is just me talking shit.

illegal_mind
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by illegal_mind »

last time dan said he had made a serious video, it turned out to be an internet support group. so don't get your hopes up.
not surprised dan has a doc with bullet points about things he wants to talk about in the liveshow. i'd do the same, so i wouldn't forget, except i'd just tell the truth and say i wanted to talk about it, instead of pretending someone asked me. but lying about someone in the chat asking is very dan #compulsiveliar
The Internet knows all your secrets

Return to “Danisnotonfire & AmazingPhil”