Pixiwoo Random Discussions

WiseEye
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Constantly Copying Lisa Eldridge

Post by WiseEye »

no no, they never ever mention it! I would not be surprised if they "accidentially" start using smth like Paula Dorf brushes.

Looks like a
Wanderer
Wanderer

Re: MAC Fluidline in "Black Tracks"?

Post by Looks like a »

Does it actually matter what they say or how they say the names? I think we know them anyway. I mean I found it funny and I use much a names what I am changed a bit. Might be that English isn't my native language but I don't care how they say it. If I wanna true info I don't look it from you Tube anyway.

Jet
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Jet »

It looks like the tables have turned! Lisa just did a day to night look after Sam did one on RealTechniques channel 2 days ago.

Jet
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Jet »

Well, I occasionally check it out and apparently so does Lisa :P Whether one watches or knows about it is irrelevant, the point was that copying is vice versa.

Fluff
Informer
Informer

Post by Fluff »

Lots of people do day to night looks and I definitely don't think Lisa was copying (honestly, what would the pixiwoos have to offer her?) BUT if it was the other way round I know Pixiwoos would get accused of copying, so fair enough.

Jet
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Jet »

Fluff, thanks. That was my point but you said it much clearer and better.

ilanna
Learner
Learner

Post by ilanna »

Jet wrote:It looks like the tables have turned! Lisa just did a day to night look after Sam did one on RealTechniques channel 2 days ago.
Jet wrote:Fluff, thanks. That was my point but you said it much clearer and better.
Its like you guys don't even pay attention! *sigh*

Lisa Eldridge's video that was posted on 16th December, which she filmed quite a few days in advance has the "night" look from the day to night look video. Lisa also mentioned in her mailing list letter that she filmed the day to night video with her giveaway videos. Meaning Lisa filmed it waaaaay before Pixiwoo.

Jet
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Jet »

Ilanna, thank you for pointing that out...my mistake. To be perfectly honest, I tend to skip through Lisa's videos because she bores me a bit. Not her makeup skills but her voice/speaking. Sorry, if I offend anyone with that statement.

ilanna
Learner
Learner

Post by ilanna »

Different strokes for different folks. I have learnt so much from Lisa Eldridge and she's such an elegant classy lady, love how she likes to have a conversation with the people, its like the camera is her friend! Like she did in the "Meeting an ex" video. That's why I love her!

Pixiwoo's, Im not a huge fan of because they like to state the obvious and often they say stuff that's just plain out wrong, like the smokey eye makeup fr hooded or monolid eyes. Also, they are a are a tad trashy, all you have to do to confirm it is to look into nic's past and Sam's "I'mma cut you up bitch" attitude whenever someone confronts her or corrects her in the comments.

Abra27
Debater
Debater

Post by Abra27 »

Lisa Eldridge did a weeks worth of incredible, generous giveaways. SHOCKINGLY, the PixiPoops did *not* copy these videos because there isn't much money to be made doing makeup on yourself in your own house.

dz651
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by dz651 »

Girl next door wrote:I can't say that the Pixiwoos don't have skills - they clearly have better skills that Gossmakeupartist, but Lisa is waaaaaay more talented and skilled, she has worked with famous people for crying out loud. Plus she is so classy! She has her own style in makeup philosophy, video making, products etc. while the pixiwoos are using mac and avon and they just make the same looks over and over again...
I don't watch pixiwoo frequently because they do too many celebrity inspired looks, which I'm not really interested in, but it's not their make up skills that I have a problem with. It's just that they often look so bored in their videos, like they don't really want to film them, etc.
Also, I don't know why so many people on here dislike gossmakeupartist so much. Some of his acne videos were pretty beneficial and he does give some good tips. In my opinion anyway.

dz651
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by dz651 »

I agree that Lisa is amazing, but I don't think pixiwoo have been copying her, or at least not as frequently as people accuse them of copying Lisa.
I think pixiwoo keep getting targeted when both the channels come out with similar videos and not Lisa because Lisa is obviously a lot more established and is a celebrity make up artist.

Fadia Fiji
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Fadia Fiji »

lips wrote:Ok so now they are picking randomn girls to model makeup looks in front of a white background. Close ups framing and camera setup are now identical to Eldridge. Pathetic!
people have been asking them to do makeup on other people with different skintones/eye shapes since forever
Don't think it has anything to do with Lisa..

WiseEye
Debater
Debater

Post by WiseEye »

I personally very much like that Pixiwoo started bringing new models for make-up looks - it just get boring to watch them doing all the same stuff on themselves over and over again.
I don't think that has got anything to with Lisa though, because white background and close ups are essential if u wanna watch a good quality make-up tutorial! or u'd prefer to watch Tanya's third chin like they film on Dailymix - where u see nothing of make-up but u get some furniture on the background and awkward filming techniques.
I think Pixiwoo have to differentiate their work, so thumbs up from me for inviting beautiful model girls!

HattieChaos
Naughty
Naughty

Post by HattieChaos »

They've been saying for a while now that they've been running out of ideas etc. and it's evident that they're getting a bit bored and people are starting to notice their lack of effort (I've seen quite a few comments about it with lots of thumbs ups - they had to have noticed) so I'm pretty sure all the new models are just a way of combatting that and trying to keep the channel fresh. I am in no way a fan of them at all but this isn't copying Lisa, sorry. Really if you take it this far and begin to blame EVERYTHING and cut EVERYTHING down to Lisa, people aren't going to believe you and will just think you're overreacting again when you complain the next time they do in fact copy her.

Fluff
Informer
Informer

Post by Fluff »

WiseEye wrote:I personally very much like that Pixiwoo started bringing new models for make-up looks - it just get boring to watch them doing all the same stuff on themselves over and over again.
I don't think that has got anything to with Lisa though, because white background and close ups are essential if u wanna watch a good quality make-up tutorial! or u'd prefer to watch Tanya's third chin like they film on Dailymix - where u see nothing of make-up but u get some furniture on the background and awkward filming techniques.
I think Pixiwoo have to differentiate their work, so thumbs up from me for inviting beautiful model girls!
Soo true re: DailyMix. I don't watch the videos because I find them difficult to watch. It's weird because pixiwoo and Tanya have, in my opinion, a pretty good set up. It's not original. But it works. I can see the makeup etc. they are successful and popular on YouTube. I think part of that is the high quality of the footage. So I don't k ow why DailyMix just entirely disregarded the idea of BEING ABLE TO SEE THE MAKEUP BEING DONE. Why do we need to see Nic's tits talking about something, when we could see Sam DOING the makeup. It all seems very unprofessional.

fiercelyprivate
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by fiercelyprivate »

lips wrote:Well sorry but it's a fact that they changed their camera lighting and setup AFTER Lisa so if you don't call it copying then not sure what you want to call it but that's a fact. Also viewers asked them a looonnngg time ago to use different models, especially different ethnicities and they just got around to it. I've been watching their channel since the beginning. They ALWAYS did looks on themselves oh and Tanya.
This is so true! I am no longer a subscriber but I used to be subscribed to them way back when and people begged them to bring in models and do looks on various skin tones/ages/eye shapes and it all fell on deaf ears. The few times they did acknowledge any of those requests it was to make weak excuses as to why they couldn't bring models in. By the time I unsubscribed over a year ago, they only had 4 videos with models in (not counting Tanya and their mother). Since I unsubscribed, they have about 15 videos with models in them. People also begged them for a LONG time to do a video on covering up acne and that also fell on deaf ears. Until Nic finally (and fairly recently) copied (errr re-created) Lisa Eldridge's acne covering tutorial all the while regurgitating what Lisa said about letting your own skin shine through :lol: I'm willing to bet if it wasn't for the increased exposure Lisa's channel was starting to get and her regular use of models, the sisters would have carried on taking the easy way out and applying makeup to their own face. But they had to somewhat step it up to appear more 'professional' and to perpetuate the myth that they are actual professional working MUAs.

rollergirl614
Learner
Learner

Post by rollergirl614 »

HattieChaos wrote:They've been saying for a while now that they've been running out of ideas etc. and it's evident that they're getting a bit bored and people are starting to notice their lack of effort (I've seen quite a few comments about it with lots of thumbs ups - they had to have noticed) so I'm pretty sure all the new models are just a way of combatting that and trying to keep the channel fresh. I am in no way a fan of them at all but this isn't copying Lisa, sorry. Really if you take it this far and begin to blame EVERYTHING and cut EVERYTHING down to Lisa, people aren't going to believe you and will just think you're overreacting again when you complain the next time they do in fact copy her.
EXACTLY this! I've said before that they may have copied a few things before, but good grief, not every single little thing that Pixiwoo does is a copy of Lisa. I think at some point we have to start being fair here. I mean for Pete's sake, if Pixiwoo even blinks the same amount of times Lisa does it's copying. If Pixiwoo uses the back of their hand to apply makeup on a model, it's copying Lisa. If Pixiwoo uses Bioderma, it's copying Lisa. The thing that gets me is that people act as though Lisa invented makeup. Yes, she's a force to be reckoned with and she's at the top of her game in the industry, but in no way does everything that anyone does with makeup always come back to Lisa. What really cracks me up is how no one has made any mention about how Charlotte Tilbury's videos are EXACTLY like Lisa. But since Charlotte is a credible, legit makeup artist, no one has a problem with it. But if Pixiwoo does anything that's even remotely close to Lisa, then now it's a copy. All of the accusations of copying get to be a bit excessive.

WiseEye
Debater
Debater

Post by WiseEye »

^^ yeah I agree on these two points too.
of course if someone decides to drill down crazily, Lisa's work can be never compared to that of Pixiwoo sisters. She is a legit make-up artist with tons of cool, professional works and celebrities in her portfolio so even if Pixiwoo will do same lights, even bring same girls - no way they'll achieve same marvelous make-up result of Lisa.

But in the end, we all watch Pixiwoo (otherwise we'd not be here) and I have to say for me personally it is much nicer to watch just the face and make-up application/ideas with decent lights and even the point that they pull the hair away from the face is so nice (not like when u watch Tanya and her hair annoys and distracts from make-up application). I'm not coming to YT to watch Nic's tits or Tanya's third chin (like it is filmed on dailymix) so I do appreaciate their effort to make it as professional as they can, so we can at least all see the make-up result.

Fluff
Informer
Informer

Post by Fluff »

rollergirl614 wrote:
HattieChaos wrote:They've been saying for a while now that they've been running out of ideas etc. and it's evident that they're getting a bit bored and people are starting to notice their lack of effort (I've seen quite a few comments about it with lots of thumbs ups - they had to have noticed) so I'm pretty sure all the new models are just a way of combatting that and trying to keep the channel fresh. I am in no way a fan of them at all but this isn't copying Lisa, sorry. Really if you take it this far and begin to blame EVERYTHING and cut EVERYTHING down to Lisa, people aren't going to believe you and will just think you're overreacting again when you complain the next time they do in fact copy her.
EXACTLY this! I've said before that they may have copied a few things before, but good grief, not every single little thing that Pixiwoo does is a copy of Lisa. I think at some point we have to start being fair here. I mean for Pete's sake, if Pixiwoo even blinks the same amount of times Lisa does it's copying. If Pixiwoo uses the back of their hand to apply makeup on a model, it's copying Lisa. If Pixiwoo uses Bioderma, it's copying Lisa. The thing that gets me is that people act as though Lisa invented makeup. Yes, she's a force to be reckoned with and she's at the top of her game in the industry, but in no way does everything that anyone does with makeup always come back to Lisa. What really cracks me up is how no one has made any mention about how Charlotte Tilbury's videos are EXACTLY like Lisa. But since Charlotte is a credible, legit makeup artist, no one has a problem with it. But if Pixiwoo does anything that's even remotely close to Lisa, then now it's a copy. All of the accusations of copying get to be a bit excessive.
Really? You think Charlotte's videos are like Lisa's? In what way? I find this interesting because I thought they were so different. They seem a bit more 'relaxed' and the set up is completely different. But maybe you mean to editing, makeup style or something. Genuinely interested in why you think they're the same by the way, not just being an asshole.

I feel like the pixiwoos kind of HAD to bring in models. Like someone else said, they've said they're running out of ideas, and models is a great way to combat that. Unfortunately for them, Lisa has a wealth of makeup knowledge. I always learn something new from her videos (whereas I've probably learned about 5 things top from the pixiwoo videos) so they kind of have to compete with her. In the end I do think this sometimes leads to them copying her. Of course it's absolutely fine to be inspired by another makeup artist. Isn't that kindof the point? But yeah, some of the similarities are more than that.

Return to “Pixiwoo”