Pixiwoo Random Discussions

liliana
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Constantly Copying Lisa Eldridge

Post by liliana »

I'm not sure if you're aiming your message at me since I just said that I don't think the Pixiwoos purposely copy Lisa. And as I alluded to, if you're re-creating the work of top-tier professionals and someone who is part of that tier is also making videos then it stands to reason that there is going to be some similarities in looks, products, and techniques. Therefore, right or wrong some people will accuse you of copying.

corrupt
Lurker
Lurker

Post by corrupt »

liliana wrote:I'm not sure if you're aiming your message at me since I just said that I don't think the Pixiwoos purposely copy Lisa. And as I alluded to, if you're re-creating the work of top-tier professionals and someone who is part of that tier is also making videos then it stands to reason that there is going to be some similarities in looks, products, and techniques. Therefore, right or wrong some people will accuse you of copying.
No, nothing to do with you, I actually agree with what you say. Since they're recreating other people's works, they're bound to use the same things/techniques at one point or another, and that's why the copying comments start to emerge--even though most of them are ridiculous and can be counteracted with some research, like I've mentioned above.

However, I think the word "copy" might be too harsh when it comes to the makeup industry, where rarely something is truly original. Even Lisa is "copying" techniques she has learnt from other makeup artists. It's hard to say who's copying from whom, as there is a limit to makeup techniques. I prefer to think that people get inspired from someone else and they just put their own touch into it. And I see nothing wrong with a channel of recreations--it's what made them famous, why change it now? If some people have a problem with it, well... to each their own. It's easy to unsubscribe, as easy it is NOT to watch. One would think, right? But obviously people here still do both, if only to nitpic and spur some venom.

Fadia Fiji
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Fadia Fiji »

I think the acne video was a copy of Lisa's, it;s like they watched her video 5 minutes before they started filming theirs.
Not only are the products similar, but the way Nic was speaking, too.
Nic is a religious user of medium-full coverage foundation, so, when she says she wants to use a light foundation and full coverage concealer only on the acne so it gives the illusion you have light coverage on, it sounds just like Lisa.

caribou
Lurker
Lurker

Post by caribou »

The acne video and the smokey look for hooded eyes - both causes for concern.

Abra27
Debater
Debater

Post by Abra27 »

I fully admit to being a full fledged 'hater' of PixiPoops and it's mostly to Sam, because she's so rude on her Facebook page. Just a total surly bitch through and through. This is because it continues to irk me that people act like these two sisters are worth likening to Lisa Eldridge. Lisa is a professional, they aren't. Once people (pretty much nobody here is guilty of this, btw) stop acting like they're on the same level, I'll have little to bitch about :)

Oh and it was never about the products used in the acne covering video-- it was the 'let the natural luminosity of your skin shine through!' which goes against everything Nic has ever said. This is a woman who piles on full coverage foundations to hide her rosacea. She doesn't know what natural luminosity is. That was stolen from Lisa, no doubt about it.

wunderkind
Talker
Talker

Post by wunderkind »

Let's not forget that before the acne video, the pixiwoos described themselves on twitter ''as sisters whatever " ( I cant remember it exactly) but after Lisa's " Mother and make up artist " , Sam changed hers to Mother/Sister/MakeUpArtist . Ok, no need to remind me she is also a mother yada yada yada. However, why does she choose the same kind of description as someone who's in the same business as she ???

And there was also the ''no makeup makeup'' tutorial. Indeed the Pixiwoos uploaded it first, but it was well known that it was becoming Lisa's next video as first she asked her viewers to choose two looks so she would do a tutorial, and then she announced the 'no makeup look' was the winner.

Everybody that follows the sisters for a while can clearly say it's not a recent thing that they ran short of ideas. Countless videos of Nic using brulee on the lid, omega or wedge on her crease, her beloved BLACKTRACKS .... ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz What about all the Adelle, Cheryl Cole, Marilyn, Barbie tutorials ?

But to me the worst was Sam's awful reply on why not uploading the Kate Moss tutorial, saying ''someone else'' has done something '' similar'', refusing to acknowledge the work of a well respect MUA, Charlote Tilbury - who btw did not do ''something similar'', she created the original look they were replicating. I wonder if this kind of attitude doesnt build a bad rep for her in the business. Very unprofessional imo.

Riko69
Talker
Talker

Post by Riko69 »

wunderkind wrote:Let's not forget that before the acne video, the pixiwoos described themselves on twitter ''as sisters whatever " ( I cant remember it exactly) but after Lisa's " Mother and make up artist " , Sam changed hers to Mother/Sister/MakeUpArtist . Ok, no need to remind me she is also a mother yada yada yada. However, why does she choose the same kind of description as someone who's in the same business as she ???

And there was also the ''no makeup makeup'' tutorial. Indeed the Pixiwoos uploaded it first, but it was well known that it was becoming Lisa's next video as first she asked her viewers to choose two looks so she would do a tutorial, and then she announced the 'no makeup look' was the winner.

Everybody that follows the sisters for a while can clearly say it's not a recent thing that they ran short of ideas. Countless videos of Nic using brulee on the lid, omega or wedge on her crease, her beloved BLACKTRACKS .... ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz What about all the Adelle, Cheryl Cole, Marilyn, Barbie tutorials ?

But to me the worst was Sam's awful reply on why not uploading the Kate Moss tutorial, saying ''someone else'' has done something '' similar'', refusing to acknowledge the work of a well respect MUA, Charlote Tilbury - who btw did not do ''something similar'', she created the original look they were replicating. I wonder if this kind of attitude doesnt build a bad rep for her in the business. Very unprofessional imo.

100% agree about Sam's reply "someone else'' has done something '' similar'' was very rude and unprofessional.

Abra27
Debater
Debater

Post by Abra27 »

Stuff like that is why I can't stand Sam. Nic may not be all that at makeup but at least she remains professional. Sam is awful.

Fluff
Informer
Informer

Post by Fluff »

The way I see it, at the end of the day they made their careers COPYING (recreating, whatever) other artists' work, not by working hard on portfolios and working their way up to work on the type of clients Lisa and Charlotte work with. They are in completely different leagues.

Personally, I think the copying of looks and showing the average joe watching YouTube how to do them is not too terrible. It's useful to the viewer and Sam and Nic do it a bit better than the teenage girls sitting in their bedrooms who attempt it. They have good quality camera and lighting and upload regularly. As a makeup ARTIST, I would not want this to be my career. I would want to be out there working on faces and seeing my work published and used, setting trends etc. like Lisa and Charlotte can and do. But hey, I wouldn't turn up my nose at what Sam and Nic must make either. And, being parents to young children, it's probably a more ideal job than being a proper makeup artist.

All that said, it grinds my gears that they get all uppity over being accused of copying. It's what they do. They aren't doing a Red Carpet look for Cheryl Cole and then showing us how to do it. They're taking another artists work and showing us how we can achieve it. Nothing more. They need to realise what basic bitches they are go with it. They also shouldn't blatantly rip off people's philosophies and techniques, especially when they seem to go against what they had been preaching before.

StingyCake
Wallflower
Wallflower

Re: MAC Fluidline in "Black Tracks"?

Post by StingyCake »

FAKEBLOOD wrote:She always pluralizes things for no reason. She's like the opposite of Michelle Phan (who refuses to pluralize).

It also makes the hair on my arms stand up when she calls Collection 2000/Collection "Collections 2000".

Maybe I'm just a nitpicky person.

Oh my god - That irritates the beJesus out of me "Collections 2000" - plus, didn't collection 2000 change their name to just "Collection?"

syllabub

Post by syllabub »

RachelRay wrote:
syllabub wrote:She also says 'brulee' instead of 'brule' for a MAC eyeshadow...
Nic is right about this one at least. It's spelled "brulé" with an accent over the e. In french, when you use that accent, it changes it to an "ay" sound.
The MAC UK website has it as BRULE. There is no accent above the e.

Audacity
Informer
Informer

Post by Audacity »

It's pronounced Broo-lay. It's a French word, there is no word in English called "brool." Do you people say "blank type" as well? ;)

StingyCake
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by StingyCake »

Audacity wrote:It's pronounced Broo-lay. It's a French word, there is no word in English called "brool." Do you people say "blank type" as well? ;)
It's said like "Blonc" isn't it?

Very minor but the way things are "pushed on to the lid" and "Buffed into the skin" really, really, REALLY grate on me!!! I much prefer Sam to Nic - I think Sam has better camera presence.

NatalHeidi
Talker
Talker

Post by NatalHeidi »

Its definitely pronounced Brooley, I went into MAC on Monday and asked for that colour and that's how she said it too :)

Audacity
Informer
Informer

Post by Audacity »

StingyCake wrote:
Audacity wrote:It's pronounced Broo-lay. It's a French word, there is no word in English called "brool." Do you people say "blank type" as well? ;)
It's said like "Blonc" isn't it?

Very minor but the way things are "pushed on to the lid" and "Buffed into the skin" really, really, REALLY grate on me!!! I much prefer Sam to Nic - I think Sam has better camera presence.
Yeah, it is. It drives me crazy when Kandee Johnson says "blank type. "

syllabub

Post by syllabub »

I have only ever seen the shadow name written as brule on the MAC website. If it is actually written on the shadow with an accent then okay, I did not know.

CaramelDrop
Informer
Informer

Post by CaramelDrop »

Fluff wrote:The way I see it, at the end of the day they made their careers COPYING (recreating, whatever) other artists' work, not by working hard on portfolios and working their way up to work on the type of clients Lisa and Charlotte work with. They are in completely different leagues.

Personally, I think the copying of looks and showing the average joe watching YouTube how to do them is not too terrible. It's useful to the viewer and Sam and Nic do it a bit better than the teenage girls sitting in their bedrooms who attempt it. They have good quality camera and lighting and upload regularly. As a makeup ARTIST, I would not want this to be my career. I would want to be out there working on faces and seeing my work published and used, setting trends etc. like Lisa and Charlotte can and do. But hey, I wouldn't turn up my nose at what Sam and Nic must make either. And, being parents to young children, it's probably a more ideal job than being a proper makeup artist.

All that said, it grinds my gears that they get all uppity over being accused of copying. It's what they do. They aren't doing a Red Carpet look for Cheryl Cole and then showing us how to do it. They're taking another artists work and showing us how we can achieve it. Nothing more. They need to realise what basic bitches they are go with it. They also shouldn't blatantly rip off people's philosophies and techniques, especially when they seem to go against what they had been preaching before.
I love you for this comment

flipflop
Informer
Informer

Post by flipflop »

I feel myself watching he pixiwoos very carefully after this whole copying thing...
I noticed something yesterday though. On Lisa's 'ultimate guide to red lipsticks' (at the 14.52 mark) and her 'trend dark lipsticks' (at the 12.40 mark) she mentions how you can put your lipstick on first then you can adapt your blush/eyes/rest of your face to your lips.
On pixiwoo's 'style me beautiful, asma and halima' at the 9.15 mark, Sam also mentions this. I dont recall the pixiwoo's mentioning this tip before, correct me if I'm wrong though.

WiseEye
Debater
Debater

Post by WiseEye »

@fliflop
Yeah I totally agree - I am subscribed to Pixies for a long time and have never ever seen them doing blush after lipstick! That was a bit awkward to see especially after I saw Lisa "always"! doing that. Secondly I do hate the comment of Sam regarding Kate Moss video (which I have never heard of) omg - so rude!
After all I think life shows who is who and sisters are practically enjoying what they do, even though last channel called "Body Talk" is a bit of crappy. Sisters cannot create anything better than what they actually steal.

flipflop
Informer
Informer

Post by flipflop »

Well I'm glad someone noticed this also, I have watched the pixiwoos for a long time as well, however i thought i may have missed this tip being used before.

Return to “Pixiwoo”