Pixiwoo Random Discussions

NatalHeidi
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: RANT ABOUT PIXIWOO FACEBOOK

Post by NatalHeidi »

naijatresses wrote:LOL what I wanna know is why are you guys so pressed?! like ask yourselves is it really that serious?? I enjoy watching both pixiwoo and lisa as they are extremely talented makeup artists in their own right. I like pixiwoo's channel because they provide us the viewers a way to do the very same makeup of a celebrity we adore on a cheaper budget and get impeccable results, not everyone can buy a suqqu brush or high end make up... but that doesn't stop me form watching lisa for her technique. I also like the fact that pixiwoo uses vibrantly colored eyeshadows in many of their makeup tutorials which is something that I rarely see lisa do on her channel but I'm still able to appreciate her makeup.Instead of spending your time to "call out" people on their facebook just unsubscribe and call it a day. Because let's be real pixiwoo and lisa's videos are not the same they just aren't. You can dwell on the fact that pixiwoo may have put out an video on the same topic as lisa with the same products the day after and call it "copying" when in all actuality it can simply be coincidental. Also, what constitutes "copying" on youtube because for all I know you can practically find the same smokey eye tutorials or blemish control make up all over youtube that greatly resemble each other. So you guys just need to cool down.
Amen Sister! :cheers:

On the whole I do enjoy Pixiwoo, and I enjoy Lisa Eldridge, I like to see their different spin on things, usually Lisa has first hand done the makeup of a celebrity so I like to watch those, and for others I like to watch Pixiwoo, I also quite enjoy their creative makeups!

I'll say it once and I'll say it again, its makeup and theres only so many trends and looks that are in.

I know it's not a 'rave' section but I like them both! But I watch them for different things, Lisa is incrediably informative, you get every detail into how a look has been done, and Pixiwoo mostly do celebrity inspired looks which I love to watch

:love2:

funforme
Wallflower
Wallflower

Re: RANT ABOUT PIXIWOO FACEBOOK

Post by funforme »

I don't really follow them anymore but I'm not sure Pixiwoo recreate looks on a cheaper budget, they seem to use a lot of Chanel and Estee Lauder. On the other hand Lisa Eldridge has used brands like Bourjois, Collection and 17. I can't say I associate them with colourful looks either, they've done too many brown crease with winged liner tutorials. Even before the copying dramas I was getting bored with the repetition.

claireyness
Wanderer
Wanderer

STYLE ME BEAUTIFUL WITH PIXIWOO: IAN AND SARAH

Post by claireyness »

Why is Sam doing the make up and Nic is just standing there occasionally telling us what Sam is doing? Need to wait till the next video, maybe it will be Nic's turn next?

geekinthepink
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Re: STYLE ME BEAUTIFUL WITH PIXIWOO: IAN AND SARAH

Post by geekinthepink »

so.much.boobage.

I don't like the camera angle... all I see is their boobs and not the makeup they do.

Fluff
Informer
Informer

Post by Fluff »

I haven't seen it yet but I'm not surprised about the angles. The camera work in all the other videos has been really bad. It randomly goes out of focus and shoots really strange angles and shots. Not at all professional -looking.

geekinthepink
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by geekinthepink »

Fluff wrote:I haven't seen it yet but I'm not surprised about the angles. The camera work in all the other videos has been really bad. It randomly goes out of focus and shoots really strange angles and shots. Not at all professional -looking.
exactly! I'd be more interested in seeing the makeup they do instead of nicola talking about stuff we already know.

the whole makeover concept is really nice though. good idea.

Fadia Fiji
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Fadia Fiji »

I'm halfway through the video, so I don't know all that went on.. Yet.
To me it looks like it's the most professional video out of all the videos uploaded on the daily mix channel
Nic is there as Sam's assistant (or so it seems to me) because Sam keeps asking her to hand her things, so Nic being there isn't really necessary.
And I agree that the camera work is horrible, they're pretty much focusing it on Nic's boobs and cameraman, if they're explaining what they're doing, shouldn't you zoom in on the woman so we can actually see?

caribou
Lurker
Lurker

Re: Constantly Copying Lisa Eldridge

Post by caribou »

I'm not going to say whether or not I feel that Pixiwoo are copying Lisa Eldridge, because I like both (although Lisa Eldridge is like a God to me, I absolutely adore her).
But whilst I was scrolling through Youtube I happened to notice this.

Riko69
Talker
Talker

Post by Riko69 »

caribou wrote:I'm not going to say whether or not I feel that Pixiwoo are copying Lisa Eldridge, because I like both (although Lisa Eldridge is like a God to me, I absolutely adore her).
What are you going with this?

Almost every MUA uses Bioderma, so I don't think you can compare that at all ;)

Riko69
Talker
Talker

Post by Riko69 »

Yeah, the camera angle is not good at all. Why ddo we need to see Nic's boob instead of the makeup application? :D

Shinichi
Talker
Talker

Post by Shinichi »

I didn't like that makeup at all (I liked Sam and Nic's makeup though). First of all the eye makeup was too dark for a bridal makeup and more suitable to wear when you go out and secondly it made the woman's eyes even smaller. I was more impressed with Tanya's celebrity makeup video.

Shinichi
Talker
Talker

Post by Shinichi »

Riko69 wrote:Yeah, the camera angle is not good at all. Why ddo we need to see Nic's boob instead of the makeup application? :D
Yeah, Nic has some atomic tits there :o

caribou
Lurker
Lurker

Post by caribou »

Riko69 wrote:
caribou wrote:I'm not going to say whether or not I feel that Pixiwoo are copying Lisa Eldridge, because I like both (although Lisa Eldridge is like a God to me, I absolutely adore her).
What are you going with this?

Almost every MUA uses Bioderma, so I don't think you can compare that at all ;)
I didn't stitch them together or anything, that's just the two thumbnails which came up together. I actually don't think Pixiwoo copy Lisa (although I'm a bit iffy with the smokey eye video). I just posted them because it was a strange coincidence :)

Abra27
Debater
Debater

Post by Abra27 »

I saw the same thing and considered making a screenshot of it too.

I'm sure Sam decided to use Bioderma after Lisa raved it, since Sam has no original thoughts in that head of hers. Also, Lisa is so much prettier than Sam <3

wunderkind
Talker
Talker

Post by wunderkind »

As much as dislike the Woos and yes, I do think they copy lotsa elements from Lisa, Bioderma certainly wasnt one of them. It's like a must amongst makeup artists, totally raved worldwide and I'm almost 100% sure they spoke about it even before Lisa had her own channel. This thumbnail thing is probably a coincidence.
But these chicks lost all their credibillity and now we suspect they are always ripping Lisa or some other artist off.

I was wondering, they have their channel for such a long time and never invited their aunt, who's a makeup artist. They lost the chance to have invite guests before Lisa ! :D

corrupt
Lurker
Lurker

Post by corrupt »

The ignorance in here is so astonishing, I had to register an account just for this one...

Sam talked about Bioderma on the 3rd of July, 2009!!!!!!

Lisa's first video was on the 11th of December, 2009, and she has talked about numerous products that Pixiwoo have mentioned before, such as Bioderma, Liz Earl's cleanser etc. No one has blamed Lisa for copying Pixiwoo, have they?

Most of these "copy" claims are irrelevant and based on personal assumptions; it really boggles the mind that people actually believe in them. :roll:

caribou
Lurker
Lurker

Post by caribou »

I agree, most people are just picking elements from thin air out of their own disliking of Pixiwoo. Like I said, I don't personally feel that they copy her, I just saw the thumbnails and thought that they'd be nifty for this section of the forum.

corrupt
Lurker
Lurker

Post by corrupt »

caribou wrote:I agree, most people are just picking elements from thin air out of their own disliking of Pixiwoo. Like I said, I don't personally feel that they copy her, I just saw the thumbnails and thought that they'd be nifty for this section of the forum.
Yup, that's exactly what I gathered. I've been watching both Pixiwoo and Lisa Elridge since day 1, and I can honestly say I haven't missed ONE video of both of them. I don't feel the Pixiwoos are copying... everything people accuse them of, they have done before in one of their videos. I have read so many silly accusations that can be easily counteracted like in the case of Bioderma, e.g. that they copied the "use the back of my hand first" from Lisa. People just jump into conclusions out of their dislike.

liliana
Lurker
Lurker

Post by liliana »

For what it's worth, I don't think the Pixiwoo's purposely set out to copy Lisa video by video (although the acne video made me raise an eyebrow). It's just that they seem to get most of their ideas from what the top pro mua's are doing in magazines, runways, and red carpets and since Lisa is one of those top people, it makes it seem like they are copying her. I hope that makes some sense.

corrupt
Lurker
Lurker

Post by corrupt »

Now that I remembered, about the acne video... I've read so many times that Pixiwoo copied the Vichy Demablend part, that they used it only because Lisa used it. They mentioned the SAME PRODUCT in videos three years ago, e.g. in their tatoo covering video.

I don't think Pixiwoo are so stupid to copy from Lisa on purpose. They don't need to copy, they've got their own fanbase, and their target group is different. Pixiwoo and Lisa Elridge have completely different channels, and believe me, it's quite normal to like BOTH, like I do. I get different things from the both of them. How boring would Utube be if everyone did the same! Pixiwoo are known for re-creating other people's works, and they do it well, so why not just sit and enjoy it? Jeez...

Return to “Pixiwoo”