Michelle phan dancing with the stars?

Beautybeast
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Michelle phan dancing with the stars?

Post by Beautybeast »

So i was watching tmz, and they started discussing the casting for next season of dancing with the stars... And apparently either michelle phan or jenna marbles are going to be dancing on the show. The producers want to bring in a new "audience" and think a popular youtuber will make their audience grow....

This is all alleged, but michelle phan was the focus of the discussion. Of course people called in like who? What? She cant even dance.... Why?

VeronicaSawyer

Re: Michelle phan dancing with the stars?

Post by VeronicaSawyer »

Michelle seems much more likely to do it than Jenna. I hunk Jenna has a bit too much self respect for that, whereas Michelle would eat it up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Epic811
Informer
Informer

Post by Epic811 »

it would be hilarious to see her on the show, fucking up all the moves that was given to her. Oh guys, don't forget they do a lot of behind the scene, so we will know how she is when people who don't know her like that.
I don't really watch the show, but i would enjoy watching her chin dance. :rofl:

beastella
Talker
Talker

Post by beastella »

I never seen the show but I know reality tv usually always shows all the behind the scene drama. If she whines or throws a fit, it will be on national tv.

toph_bei_fong
Learner
Learner

Post by toph_bei_fong »

Well, this possibility sounds like a disaster....

daddyoh
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by daddyoh »

it'll probably be as big of a disaster as frankie grande on bb16, so i'm all for it!

Nanane
Talker
Talker

Post by Nanane »

Beautybeast wrote:
This is all alleged, but michelle phan was the focus of the discussion. Of course people called in like who? What? She cant even dance.... Why?
Umm...most of the people who've appeared on the show can't dance as well. That's the whole point of the show. It's supposed to be a challenge for them.

I just roll my eyes when they pick people who used to be in pop bands and have taken dance classes. It seems really unfair to the other contestants.

amuto_lover
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by amuto_lover »

I've always felt sorry for "celebrities" who come on those types of shows because they're either nobody's or has beens I think it's such an insult to be on those shows because Beyoncé and Rihanna are too busy to be there.

TiffanyMaxwell
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by TiffanyMaxwell »

Dancing with "the stars"?
Have I missed something? Since when is Phan a star? Well, at least in my part of the world, no one knows her. I have one friend who knows her, apart from that maybe a few girls who know her as "some asian chick who does make up on youtube". No way is that a celebrity. Well, I haven't watched that show so the other contestants might not be much known either
<3

amuto_lover
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by amuto_lover »

But it was said that the woman has tens of millions of followers Michelle only has 6 mil where as Jenna has 13 mil
But Michelle has said that she's chasing a dream not fame but it seems that she'll do anything to get her name out there.

BeautyCrazed
Debater
Debater

Post by BeautyCrazed »

I wouldn't even call a lot of the contestants that have been on the show real stars. More like b & c-list.

Anyway, it'd be interesting if Michelle did this. Imagine all of the new people that'd find out about the bad things she has done? Imagine if they discovered the mishbunny tumblr and read up on it? Michelle is mostly known on YouTube, not outside of it, so I don't doubt that a lot of people would look her name up to find out more about her.

amuto_lover
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by amuto_lover »

When you google "Michelle phan Instagram " the mishbunny tumblr is the 3rd result on google so yeah it could bite her in the ass if people do decide to search her name.

savetheempire
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by savetheempire »

I'd rather see Jenna Marbles than Michelle Phan on DWTS. I hope neither of them do it, though.

Chiyou
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Chiyou »

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/14/fashi ... =all&_r=1&

Quote from article:
“I’m not completely sold that you ever have to transition to mainstream media, you know?” said Ms. Mourey, who cherishes her creative freedom. “What I get to do is have fun in my house, by myself, and put it on the Internet.”
“I make more money than I need, ever,” is all that Ms. Mourey would say. That may explain why she has felt free to turn down offers from electronics and cosmetics companies, among others, seeking to tap her loyal audience.
Jenna's already turned down offers from mainstream media before, so I really don't think she's going to appear on DWTS.

Maybe they approached Michelle for this and being the fame-whore that she is, she'll probably jump at the chance, but the TMZ article says that this Youtuber has "tens of millions of followers". If they did approach Michelle, this statistic is misleading. Michelle has 6 million followers.

Trololol
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Trololol »

Michelle would jump at this. She's the kind of person who does anything to sustain her no-substance career.

amuto_lover
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by amuto_lover »

It's been confirmed that it was in fact bethany Mota who will be on dancing with the stars. Damn this girl has got it going
On this year, she's got a fantastic pr team.
Makes sense now Bethany's fans are crazy for her. Her fans aren't going to miss a single episode and if she loses it will be armegeddon. I can confidently say that dancing with the stars will draw in shit loads of Tweens.

Chiyou
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Chiyou »

^^ Oh, I didn't even think of Bethany because of the misleading "tens of millions of followers" bit.

Good for her though. Her bubbly personality will do well for television. It's better than watching Michelle be all awkward and stuff.

VeronicaSawyer

Post by VeronicaSawyer »

Wow. I feel like their ratings will increase enormously. Good choice on their part. This is interesting because Bethany basically never discloses any details about her personal life. It will be interesting to see her in a situation where she's not in control. Hopefully she doesn't make a *total* fool of herself with the dancing, lol.

amuto_lover
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by amuto_lover »

I wonder how Michelle feels about bethany? Because bethany has been dominating her for quite some time now. Bethany will eventually take Michelle's place and Michelle will be forgotten about unless she finds a way to break free of her YouTube roots and be able to land on a sustainable platform.

VeronicaSawyer

Post by VeronicaSawyer »

amuto_lover wrote:I wonder how Michelle feels about bethany? Because bethany has been dominating her for quite some time now. Bethany will eventually take Michelle's place and Michelle will be forgotten about unless she finds a way to break free of her YouTube roots and be able to land on a sustainable platform.
I'm sure Michelle is crazy jealous of Bethany. Bethany has more subbies, higher consistent views, one of the most rabid fan bases I've ever seen...her foray into retail has been super successful and she is in constant demand for magazines, tv shows, etc etc. She's pretty much passed Michelle, as far as I'm concerned.

Return to “Michelle Phan”