Off-Topic Discussion Not Related to Kai or Maureen

Forum rules
Please Remember, Posting Personal Information is strictly forbidden (see rule 1F) - Violation can result in a warning and/or a temporary ban.
davitbowie
Learner
Learner

Re: Off-Topic Discussion Not Related to Kai or Maureen

Post by davitbowie »

haha, upsidedown Guy Fieri. That's hilarious.

frenchfriesandpizza
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by frenchfriesandpizza »

So this thread is more popular than most of the help threads, is anyone here a hair stylist? I just fried the fuck out of my hair by stupidly using a 40 volume developer (I have now learned) not only that but it destroyed the color of the dye I was trying to get and left me with awful brassiness. My hair is in no condition to be dyed again but this color is awful and it makes me want to cry and shave my head..

Advice please? What do I do :(

Adele FlapBag
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Adele FlapBag »

What was your goal and what did you end up with? A demi permanent color (IE toner) won't damage your hair as much permanent haircolor and could help you tone down/out the brassiness. As for the damage, If you can go to a salon a cut is the most effective solution obviously, and I also recommend getting a redken chemistry system. it is THE best treatment going and to my knowledge there's nothing like it to buy/use at home. But non salon exclusive conditioning masks can help you out as well.

frenchfriesandpizza
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by frenchfriesandpizza »

Hm, I don't remember if it was gummy when wet but it was a bit matted and now my ends are like an angry broom. I have bleached my hair before and ripped chunks of hair out as I brushed it, I'm pretty sure that was gummy. It's not nearly that bad so I assume that it's not fried to that extent, just really mad. My hair is naturally straight and it's doing that weird crimped frizzy hay impression at the ends. Like I said, angry broom. Some breakage on my top layer of hair, it's coarse and brittle.

I was going for a 4v Dark Plum Brown permanent, I'd said it's still a level 4 for the most part, but very brassy and red/orange instead of purple. The top layer of my hair, the most damaged other than my ends, is probably around level 5/6 and the most brassy (also a few pieces here and there throughout my hair lighter than others). That layer of my hair is always very difficult and stubborn to take to dyes. There's seriously only one strand of hair that came out with purple tones :?

Damn, I'm so afraid of getting my hair cut. It's taken me so long to grow my hair out after a terrible traumatizing haircut. Not even cut, that shit was a CHOP. How/when should I try to get the desired color? Brassy is not a good look on me ahaha

(also thanks so much for your help <3 )

Alexb
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Alexb »

I'm sorry frenchfries! :c I've never dyed my hair so I have 0 experience. Sadly I only have experience with traumatizing haircuts so I feel you there </3

Nina-
Learner
Learner

Post by Nina- »

aimiakeno wrote:I'm actually interested to know what all of you are studying or studied. In case anybody asks I'm studying to be a elementary school teacher.
I'm an elementary education major! I'm going to be a kindergarten teacher :love2:

Adele FlapBag
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Adele FlapBag »

frenchfriesandpizza wrote:Hm, I don't remember if it was gummy when wet but it was a bit matted and now my ends are like an angry broom. I have bleached my hair before and ripped chunks of hair out as I brushed it, I'm pretty sure that was gummy. It's not nearly that bad so I assume that it's not fried to that extent, just really mad. My hair is naturally straight and it's doing that weird crimped frizzy hay impression at the ends. Like I said, angry broom. Some breakage on my top layer of hair, it's coarse and brittle.

I was going for a 4v Dark Plum Brown permanent, I'd said it's still a level 4 for the most part, but very brassy and red/orange instead of purple. The top layer of my hair, the most damaged other than my ends, is probably around level 5/6 and the most brassy (also a few pieces here and there throughout my hair lighter than others). That layer of my hair is always very difficult and stubborn to take to dyes. There's seriously only one strand of hair that came out with purple tones :?

Damn, I'm so afraid of getting my hair cut. It's taken me so long to grow my hair out after a terrible traumatizing haircut. Not even cut, that shit was a CHOP. How/when should I try to get the desired color? Brassy is not a good look on me ahaha

Yeah, trimming the broomy ends is the best way to go. I'd also stop brushing your hair when it's wet so the breakage doesn't get worse. Another thing that helps is switching to a brush w nylon or boar bristles instead of the thick plastic ones with the weird little balls on the ends of the bristles. It's gentler with the tangles and won't rip through it as much.

I definitely think waiting a few days before coloring is a good idea, if you can. I'm having a hard time finding predominantly violet, red demis on the right level, I checked sally beauty. this one has an RV/ "burgundy brown" at a level 3 and one at a 4. But I'm not sure using just that RV will get rid of ALL the brassiness, if I was toning it I'd add a liiiiittle straight violet and blue to be sure, but sadly that's not available here. I think you can get closer to your target but I'm not sure if it would be all the way there.

soconfused
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by soconfused »

throw a purple toner on the top. something like a pravana or something 10 volume or lower and then use shampoo for blondes that has the purple tint. and slather your hair in coconut oil every night and sleep in it.

foreverpaperplatez
Informer
Informer

Post by foreverpaperplatez »

frenchfriesandpizza wrote:So this thread is more popular than most of the help threads, is anyone here a hair stylist? I just fried the fuck out of my hair by stupidly using a 40 volume developer (I have now learned) not only that but it destroyed the color of the dye I was trying to get and left me with awful brassiness. My hair is in no condition to be dyed again but this color is awful and it makes me want to cry and shave my head..

Advice please? What do I do :(

Is this from going blonde? I have advice but I'm a novice. I had a similar thing a few years ago from going from red to platinum (awful brassiness and completely fried). To neutralize brassiness, just do a volume 10 developer + purple toner. I recommend Wella t14 Pale ash blonde--it will zap the brasiness. A volume 10 developer doesn't lighten hair, it just deposits color. It's not going to be super healthy for you hair but it shouldn't destroy it. After you neutralize the brassiness, just leave it the fuck alone. Shampoo minimally, condition often, and keep the ends trimmed. When my hair is damaged from bleaching/over-processing I try just to shampoo my roots/scalp.

Hope that helps.

foreverpaperplatez
Informer
Informer

And an FYI that shimmer lights works great to maintain a non-brassy color, but I find it's super hard on my hair when it's fried. I wouldn't recommend using more than once a week if your hair is fried.

Mayor Mayhaul

Post by Mayor Mayhaul »

I've just cut my hair from a horrible bleach job. I had some rootage but it was still very short. It's best to just cut it off as others said. lol when other people had bleach horror stories I was like "sure.... whatever, they're overreacting" but oh my god, they weren't kidding. I should have listened lmfao

foreverpaperplatez
Informer
Informer

rosebuddin wrote:I've just cut my hair from a horrible bleach job. I had some rootage but it was still very short. It's best to just cut it off as others said. lol when other people had bleach horror stories I was like "sure.... whatever, they're overreacting" but oh my god, they weren't kidding. I should have listened lmfao
omg your post just gave me ptsd. I went from red to platinum 3 years ago when I just started grad school. Anyway, a HUGE chunk of my long hair broke off, like literally BROKE OFF, about 3 inches from the root which looks really fucked up when you have long hair. Anyway, I wore a beanie for like 5 consecutive months because I didn't want to get a pixie cut. It was fucked and I had the same "i should have listened!" moment.

Mignonette
Debater
Debater

Post by Mignonette »

I don't want to push, but can we get an actual picture of the color you got vs the color you were going for?

catwoman534
Informer
Informer

Post by catwoman534 »

Mignonette wrote:My cousin took her ~6 month old trick or treating.
It seems inherently selfish and self-absorbed to me. Especially because every year my mom has run out of candy. Like there are children who can ACTUALLY make memories who ran out of candy opportunities because you wanted to drag your baby around and get free food. "GIVE MY DOLL (basically) CANDY FOR ME TO EAT. ISN'T MY DOLL (Basically) ADORABLE"

I might be a giant c**t though so take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Damn it! if I want to dress my baby up and take him trick or treating I will!! Lmao. Don't be a cheap ass and spend the extra $5 for an extra bag of candy for one night! :rofl: For real though, I was just planning on dressing him up for pictures and taking him and my nephews to the mall where everyone there will pass out shitty candy like tootsie rolls and pepper mints.

catwoman534
Informer
Informer

Post by catwoman534 »

frenchfriesandpizza wrote:

Oh girl no don't even try to color your hair again with the condition it's in. Just go the salon this time unless you like the shaved head look. I've had traumatizing hair mishaps in the past as well and learned my lesson. Just trying to save your hair from any more damage! :D

peesawrawls

Post by peesawrawls »

Is anyone else having a tapatalk problem where you attach a photo from your phone and it displays a photo that's not even something on your phone...? Like I just tried attaching an IG screenshot and it displayed a Pedo bear picture when it posted...

Fairycake
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Fairycake »

^ :rofl:

makeupgirlie847
Informer
Informer

Post by makeupgirlie847 »

peesawrawls wrote:Is anyone else having a tapatalk problem where you attach a photo from your phone and it displays a photo that's not even something on your phone...? Like I just tried attaching an IG screenshot and it displayed a Pedo bear picture when it posted...
I think I would have a heart attack and frantically search my phone for pedo bear after that. What a virus that tapa got. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

peesawrawls

Post by peesawrawls »

makeupgirlie847 wrote:
peesawrawls wrote:Is anyone else having a tapatalk problem where you attach a photo from your phone and it displays a photo that's not even something on your phone...? Like I just tried attaching an IG screenshot and it displayed a Pedo bear picture when it posted...
I think I would have a heart attack and frantically search my phone for pedo bear after that. What a virus that tapa got. Lol

haha I have no idea. There's definitely no Pedo bear pics on my phone. It was so weird. Im going to try it again here with a different picture. Maybe it's just showing up as something fucked on my end? Like anyone who sees this post can you tell me if you're seeing the right picture or if it's something weird? lol sorry. This is just the weirdest thing that's happened to me on this stupid app.

This SHOULD be a picture of my cat being a creeper...please god don't be pedo bear....

makeupgirlie847
Informer
Informer

Post by makeupgirlie847 »

peesawrawls wrote:
makeupgirlie847 wrote:

haha I have no idea. There's definitely no Pedo bear pics on my phone. It was so weird. Im going to try it again here with a different picture. Maybe it's just showing up as something fucked on my end? Like anyone who sees this post can you tell me if you're seeing the right picture or if it's something weird? lol sorry. This is just the weirdest thing that's happened to me on this stupid app.

This SHOULD be a picture of my cat being a creeper...please god don't be pedo bear....
It's an adorable cat! He's creeper cat. :) so nice and cozy what a lucky kitty

Return to “Foreverkailyn / MsKailynMarie”