General Health & Fitness Chat - Part 2

pbjnfit
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: General Health & Fitness Chat - Part 2

Post by pbjnfit »

Anyone see the new PEScience product, protein 4 oats? I ordered mine to try because I eat oats everyday.

plus if you like PEScience they have free shipping and no tax on all orders. Pretty nice if you like their products

[shesaidit]
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by [shesaidit] »

pbjnfit wrote:Anyone see the new PEScience product, protein 4 oats? I ordered mine to try because I eat oats everyday.

plus if you like PEScience they have free shipping and no tax on all orders. Pretty nice if you like their products
How do they get away with no tax? If you're from a state with sales tax they usually always have to pay. That's nice, but sounds kinda sketch. Never had to not pay sales tax online if I use my true address.

pbjnfit
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by pbjnfit »

treelee wrote:
pbjnfit wrote:Anyone see the new PEScience product, protein 4 oats? I ordered mine to try because I eat oats everyday.

How do they get away with no tax? If you're from a state with sales tax they usually always have to pay. That's nice, but sounds kinda sketch. Never had to not pay sales tax online if I use my true address.
I am sure it's a price they pay plus they will get a lot of orders out of the deal plus I think the regular prices Protein4Oats is pretty pricey considering there is only 12 servings a bag... I am sure they make out ahead even paying everyone's sales tax. Plus Internet retailers don't have to collect sales tax from their customers in states where there is no physical presence.

gapeach
Informer
Informer

Post by gapeach »

Let us know how you like the protein 4 oats please!
I know everyone has already talked about the myprotein protein but I finally tried it and o m g . THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH. I will never buy from any other brand after having this protein. It's the best protein I've ever had <3 we really need a discount code.

alliezee
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by alliezee »

gapeach wrote:Let us know how you like the protein 4 oats please!
I know everyone has already talked about the myprotein protein but I finally tried it and o m g . THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH. I will never buy from any other brand after having this protein. It's the best protein I've ever had <3 we really need a discount code.
I love their protein, but has anyone tried their pre-workout? It made me so stressed/anxious. I took it at like 4pm and halfway through my workout, started to freak out. Then by like 10pm I was crying and a mess. I thought it was just me, I gave the tub to my trainer and he had the same experience...

hashtaggoals
Debater
Debater

Post by hashtaggoals »

I just paid $25 for a plan to improve my pull-ups. It is from a YTer I trust and I love her channel (Redefining Strength) but still... I can't believe I just paid for a plan. :| She doesn't believe in using bands to improve pull ups and that is what piqued my interest. Oh and I also bought a pullup bar for my garage. I need to put my wallet away but hopefully this will get me past only hitting four.

Archmanlia
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Archmanlia »

hashtaggoals wrote:I just paid $25 for a plan to improve my pull-ups. It is from a YTer I trust and I love her channel (Redefining Strength) but still... I can't believe I just paid for a plan. :| She doesn't believe in using bands to improve pull ups and that is what piqued my interest. Oh and I also bought a pullup bar for my garage. I need to put my wallet away but hopefully this will get me past only hitting four.
4 pull ups is really decent, particularly if you're a girl! Bit late now but Reddit has some great plans for improving pull ups, like this one here:

I'm currently using their plan to get past 1 pull up. Ive wasted so much money on mediocre fitness plans in the past, I've committed myself to never paying out for it again - there's so much information on Reddit and Bodybuilding.com!

Archmanlia
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Archmanlia »

Also UKers - Primark now do dupes of Gymshark seamless leggings for £6 and they're pretty damn good. They're comfortable and pretty flattering, although they are a tad see through. But from what I've heard the GS ones are too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chunkemonke
Talker
Talker

Post by chunkemonke »

I just bought another (oops...) 11lbs of whey!! Anyone who was waiting for a myprotein sale it's going on rn.

I didn't get the flavor I wanted last time but I did this time around.

They have the deal advertised on their website check it out. Also free shipping over $70and no tax.

I got 2x5.5 lbs for $60 but wanted free shipping and thought I'd get the protein popcorn for a trip I'm taking but they ran out of the dark chocolate flavor. I got beef jerky and a shaker bottle.

(It came out to the same $$ I would have had to pay for shipping anyway.)

chunkemonke
Talker
Talker

Post by chunkemonke »

I've never had their jerky! Only their whey (impact, isolate, and this other blend I think they got rid of....it had multi vitamins and green tea.)

I was just trying to get my total up to $70 because I was being charged for shipping lol.

I cook my oatmeal really long until it's boiling hot then mix egg whites into it. I think it tastes really good. :D

dr-tran
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by dr-tran »

Since we're on the topic.....Myprotein's pumpkin pie makes waffles taste like cake donuts if you make them with the Kodiak buttermilk flapjack stuff imo. I also found out that these waffles are pretty transportable at school and taste 'aight cold/room temp. As soon as Target finally puts out their brand's pumpkin spice (the BEST!)

Oh ya if you guys get to buy the dark chocolate sea salt buy 4 bags if you like sweet and salty stuff. I can't have them in the house because me and the fiance fight over them. (I have to hide mine!)

Their shaker bottle suck though imo. I got the 3$ shakers with the little protein cup attachment and that shit cracked after maybe two or three uses. The other one I tried from them was also not good at breaking up clumps. I dunno.

GluteActivation
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by GluteActivation »

hashtaggoals wrote:I just paid $25 for a plan to improve my pull-ups. It is from a YTer I trust and I love her channel (Redefining Strength) but still... I can't believe I just paid for a plan. :| She doesn't believe in using bands to improve pull ups and that is what piqued my interest. Oh and I also bought a pullup bar for my garage. I need to put my wallet away but hopefully this will get me past only hitting four.
Ohh let me know how it goes!
I can't do a pull up to save my life
Legit, if I were hanging off a cliff, I'd just plummet down

The assisted machines don't do anything!
I bought a band and it's been helping, I'm noticing an improvement in how many I can do. I'm curious to know what's wrong with the bands?

Idk what they're called exactly, but I started doing reverse pull-ups (if you will) where I jump up and hang and slowly lower myself. Those for sure make me sore

douceur
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by douceur »

simplycourt11 wrote:
Ohh let me know how it goes!
I can't do a pull up to save my life
Legit, if I were hanging off a cliff, I'd just plummet down

The assisted machines don't do anything!
I bought a band and it's been helping, I'm noticing an improvement in how many I can do. I'm curious to know what's wrong with the bands?

Idk what they're called exactly, but I started doing reverse pull-ups (if you will) where I jump up and hang and slowly lower myself. Those for sure make me sore
longtime lurker here but i LOVE pull ups

I do crossfit and see women at my gym doing banded pull ups everyday and never making any progress because it makes the bottom of the movement (going from a dead hang to active shoulder/actively pulling) basically nonexistent since the band gives the most assistance at the bottom but very little at the top where you might need it to get complete ROM. Negative pull ups (what you're doing!) are awesome, as well as scap pull ups and ring rows (or TRX rows). Megsquats has a free pull up program, although I'm sure you could find other free ones out there (like the russian fighter pull up program)

hashtaggoals
Debater
Debater

Post by hashtaggoals »

@simplycourt111 - she doesn't like them for all the reasons @douceur mentioned. Basically she says people don't know how to initiate the pull.

So yesterday I was in full-on pullup research mode and I really like Chris Heria's program/tips from OFFICIALTHENX too. He explains how to position your body so you can lift yourself higher so you will eventually be able to do a muscleup. (just ignore the part with the band)

pbjnfit
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by pbjnfit »

myprotein whey, favorite flavors? Want to get on this deal to try it out!

I am also buying every flavor the protein popcorn.

yankydoo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by yankydoo »

pbjnfit wrote:myprotein whey, favorite flavors? Want to get on this deal to try it out!

Natural vanilla is amazing!! As is natural chocolate.

Edited to add the BCAAs are amazing as well. Great flavours and very cheap

dr-tran
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by dr-tran »

pbjnfit wrote:myprotein whey, favorite flavors? Want to get on this deal to try it out!

My numero uno is forever their Salted Caramel flavor. It's really versatile and doesn't really taste like salted caramel but it's still really good. To me it tastes more like birthday cake.

Second is Pumpkin Pie, and third is a tie between chocolate smooth and their regular ol' vanilla. Chocolate smooth is a standard whey chocolate taste, and their vanilla is pretty standard too. Pumpkin pie doesn't have an overpowering pumpkin flavor but it's still super tasty.

regina_giddens
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by regina_giddens »

Is Megsquats 12 week strength program any good?

Archmanlia
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Archmanlia »

I'm a long time customer of MyProtein, my number one for baking (e.g. oatmeal, pancakes) is cinnamon bun [HEAVY BLACK HEART]️

For plain shakes I really like natural strawberry, it's the only one I've found which is good on its own just with milk. Tastes like nesquik!

Unpopular opinion but I just don't rate the chocolate flavours - I'm always trying their new ones and they just taste really gross and artificial to me

bysienna
Learner
Learner

Post by bysienna »

I like their Chocolate Orange, so good. Also Cookies & Cream :tu:

Return to “Fitness”