Markiplier - Part 13

IndigoSage
Stalker
Stalker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier - Part 13

Post by IndigoSage »

Hi Ladies, looonnngg time lurker. (About around 2015ish)

Anyways, I felt like finally making an acount and all, so I could give my two cents. Especially on Marks last YouTube video post. :roll:
So...I kinda agree with a couple of you, who feel like this video was staged. To me, when I was watching his video. It felt like he had it all set up. His eyes kept wandering to his right. Like he had it all written it out. He was reading it. The video was also edited. It wasn't a raw video.
I've seen in my past fake criers and he did the thing like most of them do, squeeze your eyes tightly to produce tears.
Also, it seemed like he had previously cried before the recording.

Mark has lost his passion for gaming videos. I don't think it's because he's veen on YouTube for 5 years. Heck! I'm subscribed to this other guy who's been on YouTube for 10 years, has about 20000 subscribers and his video views range from 750-3100. The name of his channel "CJUGAMES".
What I love about his channel is that he genuinely does it because he's a major fan of horror games and point&click games. He's not a camera hore like most Youtubers. He only does face cam highlights at the end of his videos. Letting you truly immerse yourself in the game and having a buddy (who's british) tag along. What I'm trying to say is that this man does it for his passion in gaming and it shows. Not for views or subscribers, which is what Mark does now these days, in order for his channel not to die off...BUT COME ON NOW! It's happening! His channel isn't what it used to be and he doesn't have his heart in YouTube anymore, unfortunately.
He's more of a male version of Amy. Her weird taste in what ever she's into is what Mark is now. He's feeding off her passion and portraying it now, on video because it seems like he can't find his own. Which is such a major turn off. I, like many, have unsubscribed from his channel and haven't seen any of his videos since December 2016 till now.

Misstress_Eleven11
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Misstress_Eleven11 »

Offtopic but how do you quote another person?

thestoriesoftruth
Informer
Informer

Post by thestoriesoftruth »

eggo wrote:TL:DR
I know what to make of it...just NOT believe him! simple as that! I can't take this anymore with whatever he has up his sleeve to convince us that we should come back to him? I do..very much...feel for his sympathies, but what ever he wants to say to us, just come out...AND SAY IT! Stop with the crying mark, your goddamn 28 yrs old man!!! Man-up, beat your chest, & say what you really feel I'm not trying to be hard here, but I can't do this in giving my emotions to a youtuber who won't tell us what's on his REAL mind. :|
Okay, hold up. Mark has and always will be emotional. It's part of his nature. Some people are just built empathetic and emotional. We need more men like that in this world. God forbid a man wants to express his emotions when he's happy or sad instead of bottling it up until he has a meltdown like he did in the 8 mil video. :roll: Not everything Mark does is a huge conspiracy theory.

Tigerlilly360
Debater
Debater

Post by Tigerlilly360 »

RenegadeRobin wrote:no need to gang up, y'all
Thank you, I understand others feel another way about everything but I thought this was a place where you can say things and not be shamed for it.

Spacekitty93
Learner
Learner

Post by Spacekitty93 »

somstria wrote:
I know what to make of it...just NOT believe him! simple as that! I can't take this anymore with whatever he has up his sleeve to convince us that we should come back to him? I do..very much...feel for his sympathies, but what ever he wants to say to us, just come out...AND SAY IT! Stop with the crying mark, your goddamn 28 yrs old man!!! Man-up, beat your chest, & say what you really feel I'm not trying to be hard here, but I can't do this in giving my emotions to a youtuber who won't tell us what's on his REAL mind. :|
Okay, hold up. Mark has and always will be emotional. It's part of his nature. Some people are just built empathetic and emotional. We need more men like that in this world. God forbid a man wants to express his emotions when he's happy or sad instead of bottling it up until he has a meltdown like he did in the 8 mil video. :roll: Not everything Mark does is a huge conspiracy theory.
THIS. People were complaining that he wasn't being sincere, and then we get ten minutes of ugly, snot-riddled crying and raw emotion and suddenly it's "fake."

No pleasing some people, I guess.

eggo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by eggo »

sorry...gosh :?

gossipboy
Learner
Learner

Post by gossipboy »

somstria wrote:
gossipboy wrote:He joked about the crying being a every night thing but I'm honestly concerned...
I wonder what goes through his mind when he is "offline". I hope he is okay.
I don't think he was serious lol.
I know he wasn't :p I meant like if it's something that goes through his mind often. You know, moments when we lie down and all sorts of thoughts come to, sometimes, bother us.

AcidicAngel0
Talker
Talker

Post by AcidicAngel0 »

Tigerlilly360 wrote:
Thank you, I understand others feel another way about everything but I thought this was a place where you can say things and not be shamed for it.
I don't think anyone was trying to gang up as much as just express their opinions. It just turned out that a lot of peoples opinions just didn't agree with the original comment - which is fine. Doesn't mean anyone was trying to discredit anyone and when I said what I said my goal certainly WASN'T to make someone feel like crap or to say that their opinion was wrong. I was just talking how I always do. I assumed that's what the others were doing as well. :love2:
Spacekitty93 wrote:
somstria wrote:
THIS. People were complaining that he wasn't being sincere, and then we get ten minutes of ugly, snot-riddled crying and raw emotion and suddenly it's "fake."

No pleasing some people, I guess.
I think a lot of issues for some are that Marks been rather standoffish, I suppose you could say, lately. So the all the sudden, especially after everyone just said their piece last night, video with Mark crying. I could understand why anyone would think he is being fake especially with how he and Amy like to do things "coincidentally" after it is brought up here. Not saying that video is one of those moments I'm just saying I could see why people are skeptical given the past.

I think we can all safely say that we all care about Mark just each of us has a different way of showing it, and even though our opinions are different none of them are unimportant. At the very least a difference in opinion is healthy and adds to the discussion since you get to see opinions from the other side of the board. :tu:

AquarianHorse
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by AquarianHorse »

It is interesting to see everyone's perceptive of things sometimes :)

I thought the video was nice and honestly? I like an emotional/sensitive guy :) I am pretty used to Mark crying sometimes now a days and I always thought it was nice because he shows he actually cares. Not that he is crying(makes me have feels) but nice that he really gets emotional and cares. He could be all manly, macho, and not give a shit but he isn't. I won't speak for others but quite frankly, I don't like guys that act "bad" tough, cocky, and macho like some girls apparently like.

Mark if you are reading this, thank YOU for the past years of entertainment :) It makes my day to watch your videos as well as others. :D I am one of those fans that will keep coming back and watching your old videos over and over again :) I am like that with anything I love really.

eggo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by eggo »

ok...so I got through it another tenth time, and it finally broke me, and all I want is to give hugs, I just want that, just to give him a fucking hug. I couldn't even go through the 8 mil fan video without breaking. How does he get through to us so well? And I'm sorry if I sounded like a ass back there so :respekt: , but anyway I'll hang it up for tonight, talk to you guys tomorrow. :tu:

War_Princess
Talker
Talker

Post by War_Princess »

Tigerlilly360 wrote:
It should be that place where you're not shamed for it. I hope you didn't feel that way.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

AquarianHorse
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by AquarianHorse »

eggo wrote:ok...so I got through it another tenth time, and it finally broke me, and all I want is to give hugs, I just want that, just to give him a fucking hug. I couldn't even go through the 8 mil fan video without breaking. How does he get through to us so well? And I'm sorry if I sounded like a ass back there so :respekt: , but anyway I'll hang it up for tonight, talk to you guys tomorrow. :tu:
Yeah I'd give Mark a hug but with permission though XD I dunno, though does Mark usually hug fans? XD

I don't think his tears are fake either but I am not good at telling if a person is acting or not. :/

Ashles55
Learner
Learner

Post by Ashles55 »

I am an INF/TJ and those sides of myself are constantly warring. I have empathy for people, a strong intuition and I do think I give good advice but I’m not a super touchy feely person and my empathy only goes so far until it turns to cynicism. I feel like the INFT builds a closet around my INFJ traits and once that’s full I really can’t handle anymore of that person’s problems or emotions. That’s what I felt like watching this video, that my closet was full and he just handed me a bag of emotions. I’m standing there with it like, “Mark, I-I can’t, I have nowhere to put this, why did you hand it to me? I can’t do anything with it!" The impression that I get is that that’s what these videos are, Mark trying to place his emotions, be they positive or negative, somewhere. Trying to give them to his fans thinking they’ll make sense of them. This is the perfect example of what myself and a lot of others were saying he’s trying to make these videos an analog for therapy and it’s just not.

A lot fans will take this in and offer back a "we love you Mark” "you’re amazing" and other praise and that’s what he wants as he thinks it will fix things and convince him he is happy and doing great. (I hope it was a joke, but crying profusely isn't usually a sign of happiness.) This might sate him for a while but it is not a substitute for the counsel, care and possible medication you’d get from going to a professional therapist. So no solutions are found or worked with, it’s just a perpetual loop of him trying to use his fans to make him feel better about himself. I dunno, maybe it’s just me but if I was Mark, a 28 year old adult, I wouldn’t put my emotions / emotional issues on the shoulders of my teenage fans, many of whom are emotionally fragile themselves. I know a lot of people, (including me) attribute him turning to his fans so much more lately to Amy’s insensitivity and not seeming like a supportive girlfriend, but it’s more than that. It’s Mark trying to go to his fans for help and not people who can actually help him.

That’s where my INTJ comes in and my sympathy wanes. He keeps attracting the same kind of romantic partners and people who are users but he doesn’t seem to learn from it. His girlfriend does not seem supportive and seems more consumed with the perks he provides as a Youtube celebrity than him as a person. Yet he seems determined to make this dubious relationship succeed even if it costs him his privacy, money and sanity. He’s obviously struggling emotionally as he seems to be constantly yo-yoing between (supposed) extreme happiness and depression. Yet he doesn’t seem to want to seek help in any meaningful way. Now his tears just have me rolling my eyes, I don’t want to, but that’s just kind of where I’m at now. IF this is genuine and he's not implementing this as just a ploy to emotionally manipulate his fans, then boy he really should. Judging by the reactions I've read here it would work every time. I'm not saying be cold hearted, but don't let your emotions cloud your judgement. The things he's been doing and the way he's been treating people still stand and are relevant no matter how many tears he sheds.

cosmix
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by cosmix »

Ashles55 wrote:The impression that I get is that that’s what these videos are, Mark trying to place his emotions, be they positive or negative, somewhere. Trying to give them to his fans thinking they’ll make sense of them. This is the perfect example of what myself and a lot of others were saying he’s trying to make these videos an analog for therapy and it’s just not.
Yeah, I get that impression too. I honestly think that going to a counselor of some kind would do him some good. Even if he's not really struggling and the lot of us are just being paranoid, the weight of having 18 million eyes on you would be enough to need to go, and really most people should. Fans are good for a pick me up or a boost in confidence, sure. But they can't substitute actual proper counsel. It's good to get an unbiased point of view and some actual professional advice on stuff. It helps you come at things from a new perspective and maybe that's what he needs. I'd highly recommend going and talking to someone. :tu:
Ashles55 wrote:He’s obviously struggling emotionally as he seems to be constantly yo-yoing between (supposed) extreme happiness and depression. Yet he doesn’t seem to want to seek help in any meaningful way.
For real, and it's very frustrating to witness. Obviously I care, I wouldn't be here if I didn't, and so it's frustrating to watch the dude be struggling but not doing anything about it. :(

Also I'm with you guys in that I just kinda want to give the guy a hug. I dunno, I'm not really a huggy person but I just feel like a hug would be an appropriate reaction. Although when my friend broke up with his girlfriend, he just wanted a supportive fist bump, so...
(https://tenor.com/q6uv.gif)
He said that he may be an... "a-hole". But he's not, and I quote, "100% a dick".
- guardians of the galaxy

kooks
Talker
Talker

Post by kooks »

I'm just not supportive of the "men up" and stop crying attitude.
I have absolutely no problem with him showing his emotions, being emotional etc.
I just have a nagging feeling that whatever he got really emotional about is not the reason he is saying to the audience...as I said, maybe it's more about being honest with himself first...
with this video I just have trouble believing that's there is all to it, and it feels a bit forced.

but yeah, the whole attitude that men should not cry and get their shit together is very harmful to a person's well being...

kooks
Talker
Talker

Post by kooks »

Ashles55 wrote:Mark trying to place his emotions, be they positive or negative, somewhere.
Girl (I assume), you hit the spot and articulated what I couldn't put into words! thank you.

while I do take the whole personallity types with a grain of salt I think your observation is probably most reasonable so far. I do just want to give him a hug, cos whatever's going on with him, he seems to need it :)

Post by Guest »

I wonder did Mark ever seek a therapist? I think he mentioned it once, but i'm not 100% sure. I just wonder if he stopped going.

thestoriesoftruth
Informer
Informer

So last night on Twitch, Mark said he's been wearing the same clothes for two days now (the white shirt) and then in the new video today he's still wearing the same clothes for the third day now. I can't be the only one who finds this kind of gross?

thestoriesoftruth
Informer
Informer

707 wrote:I wonder did Mark ever seek a therapist? I think he mentioned it once, but i'm not 100% sure. I just wonder if he stopped going.
Considering he nearly drank himself to death after he said he was "seeing a therapist", my guess would probably be no.

eggo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by eggo »

somstria wrote:So last night on Twitch, Mark said he's been wearing the same clothes for two days now (the white shirt) and then in the new video today he's still wearing the same clothes for the third day now. I can't be the only one who finds this kind of gross?
Think today's video was pre-recorded yesterday, so after he did the livestream yesterday he probably recorded a video to go up for this morning.

Return to “Markiplier”