Firefly75
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: SuperMaryFace - Part 13 - SuperPreachyFace

Post by Firefly75 »

Layla is so cute!!!! <3

About the snake thing... don't they need light? That place has no windows, and I seriously doubt that Ken will go out and turn on the light every morning. I can understand having the nsakes out there during storm season incase there's a tornado, so they don't have to worry about moving all the snakes in the middle of a storm. But year round? Nah. If you know snakes smell, then maybe do't get so many.

About the food... I have an ex who's mom would cook him food and bring it in containers like that so he didn't have to cook by himself. The relationship didn't last long, it's very unattractive. She would also clean his apartment, so my guess is Ken's mom does that as well.....

DaylightAmy
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by DaylightAmy »

Firefly75 wrote: About the snake thing... don't they need light? That place has no windows, and I seriously doubt that Ken will go out and turn on the light every morning.
For as far as I'm aware it's still considered "somewhat open for discussion" because of idiots like Ken and Mary who think that the ball python's preferred state (hidden in a dark, small area) means that that is ALL they should have ALL of the time... but I'd say science speaks towards ball pythons needing clear day and night cycles as much as any other animal does.

I'm going to give them half of the benefit of the doubt here and presume that their heat lamps are timed and may or may not provide some kind of dark/light cycle for the snakes. I can't tell for sure just by looking at their contraptions but it looks like it's possible that that's the case... however their attitude overall tends to be that ball pythons prefer dark and small and so it is acceptable to limit them permanently to dark and small.
Shredder. Master Splinter. Jackie. Boss. Pancake.

GoldChocobo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by GoldChocobo »

Okay so what's the point? To have a literal snake pit? I'm struggling to understand..

And that storm shelter was gross. It looked all damp and cob-webby in a previous vlog.... Did a family member complain about their smelly house? Why now? So many questions..

So what gets to stay in the house? Sometimes Betty, Dora, and the Skink?

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
I may be Canadian, but I can be snarky as hell.

Firefly75
Debater
Debater

Post by Firefly75 »

GoldChocobo wrote:.

Did a family member complain about their smelly house? Why now? So many questions..

Maybe that was the family emergency ;) And why? Because Mary isn't home ofc :rofl:

DaylightAmy
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by DaylightAmy »

GoldChocobo wrote:Okay so what's the point? To have a literal snake pit? I'm struggling to understand..

And that storm shelter was gross. It looked all damp and cob-webby in a previous vlog.... Did a family member complain about their smelly house? Why now? So many questions..

LOL what if that's what his family was "drama"-ing about? His parents might have been afraid to bring it up with Mary there, although I don't get the point of that because Ken would have told Mary about it anyway if that was the case because he already said she's not going to be happy about the snakes being out of the house.

Maybe his parents were like... son, you have a kid. Grow the hell up. Get those smelly reptiles out of the house before you actually fry your child's nostrils permanently.

GoldChocobo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by GoldChocobo »

DaylightAmy wrote:
GoldChocobo wrote:Okay so what's the point? To have a literal snake pit? I'm struggling to understand..

LOL what if that's what his family was "drama"-ing about? His parents might have been afraid to bring it up with Mary there, although I don't get the point of that because Ken would have told Mary about it anyway if that was the case because he already said she's not going to be happy about the snakes being out of the house.

Maybe his parents were like... son, you have a kid. Grow the hell up. Get those smelly reptiles out of the house before you actually fry your child's nostrils permanently.
I can see this convo happening... "Kenneth, a few people at the Halloween party noticed a peculiar odor... This can't be good for the baby..."

oliver
Informer
Informer

Post by oliver »

SURE, get rid of the snakes! What's the point of getting pets if you're going to ban them to this concrete shelter without windows? They already put them in drawers that deprive them of literally everything except for the smell of their own feces and now they even get moved to a shelter. I feel like the whole situation is pretty sad. I think only Lunchbox and the spider (what's up with the spider anyway, we haven't seen her in a while? DId I miss something?) are in the house now. And Betty can come in from time to time I believe.

Also I wanted to comment on something entirely else. Ken's dad seems to help so much when it comes to doing stuff around the house (hell even the house they live in is owned by his parents, correct?). He got Ken's shed ready so he could live there and stream. Now it this vlog he made the power work in the storm shelter, digging a trench all by himself (Ken admitted he didn't really help). And he helped Ken move the snake rack.
I feel like Ken is the way he is because everyone enables him. He never has had to go through anything difficult or do a lot of work. So when he does have to something on his own he complains, complains, complains. Ken has the house to himself now and actually needs to get things done on his own (taking care of the pets) and it really seems to cause him stress because he's not used to doing work.

Also Mary wtf is that breakfast :lol: Doesn't look like a tasty salad at all... No dressing, just salad leaves, tomatoes and cucumber.

DaylightAmy
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by DaylightAmy »

I'll just leave this here...

...and let everyone draw their own conclusions.

Let's just hypothetically say it's TOTALLY not their fault and for some reason, something stinks no matter how much they clean the drawers... wouldn't you start trying to single out exactly WHAT or WHO is smelling, instead of just moving them all... if you really believed they smelled bad in spite of sufficient cleaning.

GoldChocobo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by GoldChocobo »

I 100% believe Ken is surrounded by enablers. Ken rarely cooks (saw him use the Bbq once...) He doesn't clean (Mary is the one seen doing laundry, scrubbing, etc) and never helps with Layla (Mary bathes her, Ken admits he doesn't do diapers, Mary feeds her etc).

I have seen Ken hose down part of the house, talk about mowing the lawn, and drive out to buy things at Wal-Mart. Even Mary does the shit shovelling on the porch!! Once, Ken took the blades off the mower....so his dad could service them!

Ken could have dug the ditch as a workout....what a lazy prick.

oliver
Informer
Informer

Post by oliver »

DaylightAmy wrote:I'll just leave this here...

[img]<a class="vglnk" href="https://s7.postimg.org/9p7m0bje3/Capture.jpg[/img" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>s7</span><span>.</span><span>postimg</span><span>.</span><span>org</span><span>/</span><span>9p7m0bje3</span><span>/</span><span>Capture</span><span>.</span><span>jpg</span><span>[/</span><span>img</span></a>]

...and let everyone draw their own conclusions.

Let's just hypothetically say it's TOTALLY not their fault and for some reason, something stinks no matter how much they clean the drawers... wouldn't you start trying to single out exactly WHAT or WHO is smelling, instead of just moving them all... if you really believed they smelled bad in spite of sufficient cleaning.
WOW!!!
This made me google it too, and there's plenty of people who say that ball pythons indeed do not smell. Only if their enclosures aren't kept clean properly. People are talking about cleaning every month or every two weeks. Which is rather low maintenance if just ask me.
:rofl:
Ken your laziness is showing!
If it really smells even if they're doing regular cleaning, maybe it's the bedding of the drawers that's insufficient? Or the fact that the snakes are constantly sitting in their own feces and pee. Hm....

NaevysK
Debater
Debater

Post by NaevysK »

I will leave some comments here:

1. While some people disagree snakes DO need sunlight. not all snakes need to be directly under sunlight ( like a bearded dragon does most of the day) however it is very important that they have a day and night cycle much like any other animal would ( like Daylight said). The reason why this is so important is because if they do not have a day and night cycle aka seeing the sun rise and set, their bodies will not be able to function properly over a period of time and this can mess with sleeping, feeding and overall health. The exception I would say is any animal that hibernates during the winter in caves who have no sunlight, they shut down their cycles for a while and that is a normal process for them.

2. every snake I've been around in clinic ( sometimes they stay for weeks at a time) even sick ones, do not smell. Sure when they defecate it smells, but doesn't every animals? In my own house I have a bearded dragon. ( I took her to the vet and found out she's a girl 100%). Her poop smells, you know how I got around this? At first I cleaned it up immediately and the smell would dissipate within half-an-hour ( in her terrarium). Then I got a genius idea by doing a little research. MOST bearded dragons love to swim, and having a bath every once and a while is really good for them, keeps them hydrated and helps them shed. I started giving her regular baths which she started to defecate in ( completely normal for beardies). Now I don't have to worry about the smell because in a span of about 3 months she learned she only likes to poop in the bath, and if I am around will let me know when she needs to go by dancing at the glass and tapping her nose to the glass. If I am not there ( have a busy week) I make sure to bath her every other day.

She is like a baby to me, and she might live for 10 more years. She is my commitment and I knew that before getting her and I put everything into caring for her including making sure she's well fed, taking her to the vet once a year, and just general husbandry. It is not hard at all to care for reptiles or any pet for that matter ( some are more difficult than others) but with research and talking to a veterinarian or Vet tech or Vet assistant you can do really great for them.

Mary said that one snake is not different than owning 10, well I guess you proves yourself wrong there Mary. Lets say you take 10 minutes a day to do the bare minimum for your snakes, ( feed, clean, etc (not even hold or socialize which is important) That is now 100 minutes that you are spending on that so it does make a difference. That is 10 X the amount of food you need, 10 X the amount of feces you need to clean, and 10 X the amount of vet visits you should be taking them to.

Throwing them in the storm shelter is just another way you are proving you are bad pet owners, Impulsive and irresponsible and now you are making the lives of 12 pets utterly miserable. I hope you are happy with yourself about making these animals suffer, because to me, that is disgusting. If I had money I would buy all of them off of them and give them to way better homes with experienced owners who form an attachment and alove to animals and treat them like they are children much as I do my little Atti ( beardie).

P.S I clean Atti's cage every 2 weeks, and do a complete clean ( taking all the decorations and stuff out and soaking them) once a month. I do this so infrequently because 1. she does not defecate in her cage anymore so therefor it is not as dirty and 2. I recently got a small bin that I put her in every morning to feed her her crickets. I dust the crickets, I put them in the bin, grab her and put her in the bin ( no lid) and when she gulps all her crickets up I put her back in her terrarium to bask all day. This way not even the crickets can make her terrarium dirty. Before I used to just drop them right in her terrarium but they would hide and defecate all over, with this method I can keep her terrarium as clean and stress free as possible. I also recently moved her terrarium up to my office so not only does she have her heat, uv light but she also is now getting lots of natural sun too which she loves :)

DaylightAmy
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by DaylightAmy »

Thank you so much for all that information and your insightful opinion, Naevys!

Honestly the more I think about this, the more it's blowing my mind. Ken literally says "We have a lot of snakes. Snakes tend to have a... smelly smell. It kind of gives the whole house kind of a snakey funk, no matter how much we keep it clean."

That's just not true. Pythons don't have an odour. Their shit stinks. If you don't clean it up or don't clean their tanks properly. And if you REALLY think that you ARE cleaning their tanks properly, shouldn't you be trying to figure out why the smell isn't going away? Are you using the wrong kind of plastic on the makeshift drawers? Is VISIBLY EXCESSIVE HUMIDITY in the drawers causing the smell? Like it takes 2 seconds to Google that pythons on their own just DO NOT have a smell, that's just not true, so if yours stink and you really think you're doing everything right, wouldn't you be trying to narrow down the problem?

Their poor pet ownership boggles my mind. Keep proving is right, you fucking numb nuts. And I believe the quote was "2 snakes or 20 snakes is the same amount of effort"... not even 10, she reckoned she could handle 20. You literally cannot even clean up after what you have. Congrats, great life choices.

Honestly between Ken's dad doing all this just to get the snakes into the storm shelter, his mom having a 3 hour talk with him... you'd think they're taking Mary's absence as a chance at an actual intervention. Except enabling someone who can't adult by adulting for them is the opposite of an intervention. I'm just saying it's interesting that they are pouncing in as soon as Mary's gone. I wonder if they're less than impressed.

PS Also LOL they're running out of places to hide their bad decisions. Ken's in the shed, snakes in the storm shelter, dogs in the yard...

NaevysK
Debater
Debater

Post by NaevysK »

DaylightAmy wrote:Thank you so much for all that information and your insightful opinion, Naevys!

Honestly the more I think about this, the more it's blowing my mind. Ken literally says "We have a lot of snakes. Snakes tend to have a... smelly smell. It kind of gives the whole house kind of a snakey funk, no matter how much we keep it clean."

That's just not true. Pythons don't have an odour. Their shit stinks. If you don't clean it up or don't clean their tanks properly. And if you REALLY think that you ARE cleaning their tanks properly, shouldn't you be trying to figure out why the smell isn't going away? Are you using the wrong kind of plastic on the makeshift drawers? Is VISIBLY EXCESSIVE HUMIDITY in the drawers causing the smell? Like it takes 2 seconds to Google that pythons on their own just DO NOT have a smell, that's just not true, so if yours stink and you really think you're doing everything right, wouldn't you be trying to narrow down the problem?

Their poor pet ownership boggles my mind. Keep proving is right, you fucking numb nuts. And I believe the quote was "2 snakes or 20 snakes is the same amount of effort"... not even 10, she reckoned she could handle 20. You literally cannot even clean up after what you have. Congrats, great life choices.

Honestly between Ken's dad doing all this just to get the snakes into the storm shelter, his mom having a 3 hour talk with him... you'd think they're taking Mary's absence as a chance at an actual intervention. Except enabling someone who can't adult by adulting for them is the opposite of an intervention. I'm just saying it's interesting that they are pouncing in as soon as Mary's gone. I wonder if they're less than impressed.

PS Also LOL they're running out of places to hide their bad decisions. Ken's in the shed, snakes in the storm shelter, dogs in the yard...
Yeah it's so true. And another thing. If you just remove the feces sometimes the smell can linger. I do not use chemicals with Atti, I use a mixture of vinegar and water. The vinegar is a natural cleaner when washed away is not harmful at all, and the vinegar also helps remove odours, works like a charm. Again takes like 1 second to google that. My mom uses it on her bird feeders outside too because it's not harmful when cleaned properly the vinegar just dissipates basically and cleans while doing so. Obviously vinegar doesn't work for cleaning everything, but for cleaning around pets it is really great, and you can also buy natural pet-friendly cleaners online or in stores as well. It is very clear they aren't doing a well enough job cleaning and leaving a defrosting mouse in the terrarium was the 10th clue to me. Snakes might be harder to feed the way I feed Atti because some may like more privacy, but on feeding days you should be checking every hour to make sure they have eaten and after a certain time remove the food and try again the next day or else it will start to defrost and rot and that is disgusting. or if you buy fresh will just rot.

Mary's planning everything perfectly in her little mind with breeding snakes and having all the babies but you know what else kind smells sometimes? Babies. When they get poopy diapers they sure do smell. Lets assume they have a child every 2 years. That is a lot of stinky diapers, and not just that but lets say they don't get trained off diapers super early. Even more poopy diapers. AND as a child I wet the bed until I was 10 years old. So just because you plan for things to be perfect doesn't mean they will be.

It was 100% irresponsible to get so many snakes on top of the dogs they neglect and every other pet they neglect and what about when Layla gets older. She might want a pet of her own, which means that that is going to actually be an excuse for Mary to get more pets.

romr211
Informer
Informer

Post by romr211 »

I don’t really have much to add to this because you all summed everything about this situation....but holy shit, what is wrong with them? Those poor snakes.

Also, what have Dora and Lunchbox been up to? We never see them...EVER. Just like we barely saw Boss until recently. Have they neglected Dora and Lunchbox as well? Are they in the storm shelter with their snake friends?

I can’t believe Ken doesn’t know the names of the snakes, especially when they FUCKING HAVE NAME TAGS ON THE FRONT OF THE DRAWERS. :rofl:

GoldChocobo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by GoldChocobo »

I have a large cat. I clean his litter every day. He does not smell.

I went to my friends house and his apartment stunk to high heaven of cat piss. He only cleaned the litter once a week (poor thing..)

Maintenance! It is all about maintenance!

You gotta wonder if Ken sits in his own stink for days on end if they act this way.

To add about diapers... we live in a 2 bedroom apartment and use a diaper genie. Every 3 days, we throw out the contents of the diaper genie. Our apartment has never smelled like dirty diapers in the 7 months of having an infant.

oliver
Informer
Informer

Post by oliver »

romr211 wrote:I don’t really have much to add to this because you all summed everything about this situation....but holy shit, what is wrong with them? Those poor snakes.

Also, what have Dora and Lunchbox been up to? We never see them...EVER. Just like we barely saw Boss until recently. Have they neglected Dora and Lunchbox as well? Are they in the storm shelter with their snake friends?

I can’t believe Ken doesn’t know the names of the snakes, especially when they FUCKING HAVE NAME TAGS ON THE FRONT OF THE DRAWERS. :rofl:
Lunchbox is actually in the newest vlog! But I haven't seen Dora in a long time so I really wonder what's up with her. I also wonder (if she's still around...) whether Ken will manage to feed her cause as far as I know she was kind of Mary's pet and Ken didn't seem so cool with her :lol:

GoldChocobo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by GoldChocobo »

Good luck getting Ken to dig roaches out of the fridge.

Oh god just typing that made me barf a little...

Toki Wartooth
Talker
Talker

Post by Toki Wartooth »

They should be treating the snakes (and all the other animals) like part of the family. Which means providing the best possible environment for them and making sure they are happy and healthy. It's so selfish to keep all these animals around in poor conditions just because they want to own them. If they really loved these animals, they would take responsibility by either giving their pets the proper care they deserve or giving them away to someone who will give them that.

On another note, did anyone see Mary's picture she tweeted saying "Oh hi my sister took a candid photo of me casually looking like a goddess enjoy" like how fucking vain are you, Mary? lmao :roll:

ItStalksTheNight
Learner
Learner

Post by ItStalksTheNight »

She also said that she just puts her hair in scrunches when she needs it out of her face and thats how her hair was styled in this photo! Just your typical minimal effort, but somehow amazing results, Mary.

ItStalksTheNight
Learner
Learner

Post by ItStalksTheNight »

Also, can we talk about the tweet right under that photo where she says her phone is eating battery life faster than she eats cheesecake!! When was the last time she ate cheesecake?!! Seriously!!

[tweet][/tweet]

Return to “MaryMakingIt”