EDITED

Lucygoose
Wanderer
Wanderer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Genuinely concerned about boyfriends mental state

Post by Lucygoose »

Hi, sorry you are dealing with this. Not sure how old your bf is but it sounds like he could have some undiagnosed mental health issues and the paranoid ideas can escalate if not treated. These ideas will not just go away on their own.

A parent or family member needs to be told so he can get the help he needs.

-Han
Learner
Learner

Post by -Han »

Lucygoose wrote:Hi, sorry you are dealing with this. Not sure how old your bf is but it sounds like he could have some undiagnosed mental health issues and the paranoid ideas can escalate if not treated. These ideas will not just go away on their own.

A parent or family member needs to be told so he can get the help he needs.
He's 19. It was so sudden I know there's something wrong in his mind. I told his mom and sadly she acted like it wasn't anything serious because he goes through "phases" quite often and she believes that it's a phase but I've been through the phases with him before and it's never been like this before. He went to the doctor a few years back and she diagnosed him with derealisation and bipolar disorder but Idk if that has any correlation. But thank you for your concern it really helps

tzzitzbee
Debater
Debater

Post by tzzitzbee »

EDITED
hey hun,

Sorry you are going through this. Has your boyfriend been under a huge amount of stress like the loss of a friend or family member or something significant. I know that some mental conditions dont present themselves until a certain age or usually stressed caused such as schizophrenia?

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

Return to “Mental Health”