drugzz
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Danisnotonfire & AmazingPhil Part 2

Post by drugzz »

Okay guys... Please don't lynch me...
I have another piece of anti-phan evidence that needs to be discussed.

Turnip
Talker
Talker

Post by Turnip »

Remember when we talked about how the number of 12-year-olds in the phandom increases.

...yeah.

Also not really surprising to see our compilation video in the tags, it took them long enough tbh, don't think the blog is anti-phan, they wouldn't be posting that video with all the screens in it then. Good thing is that nobody really cares about the V-day video anymore, there's been so much drama about it and so many people got slagged off for reblogging it, no one really has the guts to react to it anymore.
Most of the phandom know it's real anyway, they just stick to Dan's explanation to not get in trouble.

@drugzz: Not much to discuss there as that is one of Dan's generic replies to anything related to Phan, there's people going "Phan iz reel!!11" and then there's Dan going "Phan iznt reel!!11" and that has been going on for ages.

usurpadora
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by usurpadora »

illegal_mind wrote:
usurpadora wrote:but people make a fuss no matter what they do, whether they lie or not. Clothes like tshirts and stuff isn't that shady because it's not as "personal" as underwear but even so if they said "yeah we share clothes sometimes" then (some) folk wouldn't ever let it down, and when they lie about it it's suspicious and still talked about. Whatever option they choose is still digging a phan-shaped hole they won't get out of easily.
well, it's not like people see them 24/7. if they want to share clothes, they can do it off camera, and that way, no one would dwell on it. they show themselves for less than 10 minutes on youtube, 1 hour on younow and 2 hours on radio1. in those hours, if they don't wear each others clothes, no one will talk about it. there's 2 videos, 2 younow broadcasts and one radio show. it's not that much time in front of the camera, they still spend ~20 hours without a camera in their face, they can wear each others clothes in that time, so the fans won't see it and don't freak out about it
that's true because it's a logical move but they probably don't think of that. it's just that there are tons of fans who wouldn't really care or they'd just accept that ok they share clothes, but it's the louder/crazier ones who make the fuss about it. Dan could definitely pull up his trousers and jeans more to hide the underwear but he's either extremely aware of it and wants the attention they'll get or he just straight-up forgets about it and then rushes around destroying prior evidence or denies it all.

that screenie of the v-day post from that tumblr seemed slightly sarcastic to me, or is that just me..? like the italics and stuff.
:HK:

SusiSauerkraut
Informer
Informer

Post by SusiSauerkraut »

I think why poeple doesn't believe him (that phan is not real) is because they both never stated that they're straight. Someone mentioned kickthestickz (why isn't there a crabstickz thread, anyways? :D ) earlier, they handled it far better than Dan and Phil.

alcoholicferrets
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by alcoholicferrets »

The post seems sarcastic tbh. That's a lot of effort to go through just to call shippers delusional...go through all these pages, download the video and upload it on Tumblr. Could just make a text post "GUISE PHAN ISN"T REEL RESPECT DAN OMG I"M MARRYING HIM I"M 12.9 YRS OLD". It's prolly an excuse to post the video without seeming like shippers.
EDIT: usurpadora, two off-topic things...1) I LOVE your signature! So precious omg and 2) is your name related to the late-90's Mexican soap opera called "La usurpadora"? I used to watch it with my grandma when I was a youngin'.

Ali9799
Informer
Informer

Post by Ali9799 »

Turnip wrote:Remember when we talked about how the number of 12-year-olds in the phandom increases.

...yeah.
Some people don't realize that Dan's channel isn't the one to talk about suicide or cutting and bullying and those stuff. It would be so un Dan-like to talk about that. If they want that, they should go see deefizzy or something. A vyou question once said " what is your opinion on suicide?" Dan answered " ... it's ... bad and shouldn't happen." I laughed so hard at that. The asker was obviously waiting for a deep intimate answer from Dan. They just want Dan as a full package. He's not. He's just Dan. You guys know what I mean ...
Here's a llama There's a llama
And another little llama
Fuzzy llama Funny llama
Llama llama duck

usurpadora
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by usurpadora »

alcoholic ferrets, thank you for the sig comment! :D I agree it's so precious and I kinda just wiggle along with him cause he's so adorable. <3 Also yes that's where I got it from. :lol: It was a spur of the moment decision to use the show as my username cause me and a friend were discussing it the previous day and rewatching the show on Youtube just reminded me how hilarious it was. :lol:

Also yeah it does seem sarcastic but I'm not quite sure what the point was, that it's real and we're trying to destroy it with "FAKE!1!!!11!" claims or that it's fake and we're wishing it was real? :?

Also ugh that suicide post.. why do you need Dan to talk about it?? What do you want him to say?! "Suicide is stabtacular!"

alcoholicferrets
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by alcoholicferrets »

I should watch that show again, back then I saw it in Russian...thought it was sooo dramatic and mature and omg Paola is so awful...I think she pretended to be wheelchair-bound to impersonate her sister or something.
I think it was meant as wink to us? The person who made it should join in and explain themselves. haha
I don't think Dan should talk about serious issues like that, it doesn't fit with the tone of his channel and he's probably not qualified to talk about it, you don't want to say something wrong esp. not with so many young impressionable viewers. I'm sure he knows it too.

Affi
Informer
Informer

Post by Affi »

Reading through these posts I realised how funny this situation is. Everyone talks as if their relationship is common knowledge, and the fact that people are so quick to believe a complete stranger when they say that they know the relationship is real, but aren't willing to believe half of their ship when he says that there's nothing going on, it's amusing to look at.
In reality, there isn't any actual proof. I feel the need to mention this when it seems people are getting a bit lost in this phan world. Imagine for a second that they were never together romantically, and please, don't quote this and say "there's too much evidence for me not to believe it". Just imagine if everything's really just been blown out of proportion, imagine the strain on their friendship.
I'm sure this post won't be acknowledged, but I needed to get it out anyway.

HattieChaos
Naughty
Naughty

Post by HattieChaos »

I think what we need to realise in turn though is that we are not saying that the Phan evidence makes it 100% true. Just like we didn't say there was definitely 100% anything in the LiveShow Ali watched that proved Dan reads GG. It was just a likelihood, and speculation. No one, or at least not me, is taking any of this as pure solid 100% hard ground-into-the-floor golden solid fact.

illegal_mind
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by illegal_mind »

it doesn't really have that much effect on their friendship. the shipping and everything is in the online world, they can step away from the computer any time, i doubt it has ever affected their friendship
The Internet knows all your secrets

pokechick87
Lurker
Lurker

Post by pokechick87 »

Hi. Long time lurker here. I finally decided to make an account and share my opinion.
First off, before I share my opinion, I don't ship Phan. I don't hate people that do, I just don't ship it. Some Phan shippers let their eagerness for Phan to be real cloud what's true and what's not. (Not saying that any of you here do that; I'm mainly talking about people on tumblr.)
I first found out about Dan when my friend sent me a link to his "I Will Go Down With This Ship" video. Others say that they immediately thought Dan was gay, but I didn't get that vibe. Mainly due to the fact that he was so open about joking about him and Phil being in a relationship and it didn't seem to bother him. I know a lot of guys who act the same way, because they know they're straight and have no problem joking about being gay. So a few months later, I came across one of Dan's videos again and started watching. I was hooked. I later came across Phil's videos and became addicted to those as well. I never thought of them as any more than friends, that is, until a few weeks ago.
I saw some of Dan's old formspring answers in his tags and thought it had to be Phan shippers photoshopping things. But no, once I did more research, I realized they were real and came across a whole slew of other information Dan had seemingly tried to hide. Which led me to this thread, where I've been lurking since it was about 10 pages.
My opinion on Phan has gone back and forth, but I've come to this conclusion. First off, I think Phan was real, mostly due to the damning evidence, but I'm not entirely convinced they're still dating. Idk, if I was Phil, Dan so vehemently denying Phan and acting like it's the most repulsive thing in the world would put a damper on our relationship.
Something I'd like to add - I am a bisexual female (but I have a preference for males), and I tend not to make it too obvious. Like sometimes I'll make remarks like "Oh, I'd totally fuck her", but most of the time you can't really tell. The fact that Dan was very open about his sexuality in 2009 or whatever and now claims he's straight (well, he hasn't exactly said he's straight but he claims he said he was bi just to get attention) just seems odd to me. Either he was really trying to get attention or he is just ashamed of himself. I had a point I was going to make, but I forgot where I was going with it.
Also, the whole thing about Dan being a dick online - and I'm not saying it's okay, I don't think it's okay at all - but I think everyone tries to be someone different online. I know I do, and I bet many of you do it too. They want to seem cooler, more nonchalant, when in reality they're not happy with how they are in real life. So I'm not exactly blaming Dan for acting the way he does, but I'm not condoning his behavior either. I don't think we can officially know anything for sure regarding Phan until one of them comes out and says something that puts a lot of these issues to rest (though I doubt that will happen).
One last point - I agree with all of you on what you're saying about the radio show. I'm getting tired of it, especially all the Phandom jokes. The type of music they play doesn't appeal to me and I find it hard to sit through 2 hours of Phandom jokes. Though, I do enjoy the little stories they tell, like the one last week about Phil leaning against a pregnant woman's stomach, that made me laugh. But yeah, it's becoming a chore to listen to but I feel as if I have an obligation to listen because even despite all the drama and lies, I do like Dan and Phil and want them to succeed. :/
I hope I haven't offended anyone with my opinions. :)
P.S. I tried uploading a userpic and signature but it wouldn't work? I resized the images multiple times and they still said the file was too big, which I know is not true because I basically made the images tiny. Does anyone know why this is happening?
"I'll use my trusting frying pan... as a drying pan!"

MonnaLessa
Lurker
Lurker

Post by MonnaLessa »

I think if they ever were together it was 2-3 years ago. I don't believe they're together now, it wouldn't make sense to me because of a moltitude of comments in many videos, which I believe weren't played for the camera and one simply wouldn't make -to a person one has that kind of relationship with(/-if they were in a relatioonship). 'They show us only what they want' one might say. I think it'd be too much effort to play that up. And I believe they(well, Dan) are honest when they insist they are not a couple. It wouldn't be a spiral of lies, it'd be a tornado.
If it happened I don't have a clue how they managed to keep living together once it ended(if there ever was a break up, maybe it just "faded" slowly), but they managed and good for them. They behave like an old married couple anyway(well, recently not anymore that we can see but whatever, it's probably because they're frustrated about hardcore shipping and serious job and whatnot).
If it never happened, well, in the past they surely took the fanservice/fangirl teasing to a whole new level and if they're frustrated now they brought it upon themselves. This option would explain the amount of frustration in Dan's answers and posts, as if everything has been somehow misunderstood and he cannot do anything to make it clear and stop the speculation(without partially lying, otherwise it would sound suspicious).
Phil in all this is a mistery. :toad: lol Dan gives us more material to discuss, thanks Dan.
Usually, when there is this amount of rumors and so many people saying they're certain about it, there's some degree of truth...Idk, maybe we'll never know. Still, we haven't found anything that really proves it 100%. It's all free interpretation.

Turnip
Talker
Talker

Post by Turnip »

Affi, don't worry, your post is very true and we're really all just strangers on the internet, discussing it on a rather random message board.
We agree with illegal_mind, shipping has always been a thing, they should be used to it, and tbh this thread is such a ridiculously small part of the internet that if it would strain their friendship they never really have been friends in the first place.

starships
Learner
Learner

Post by starships »

what if...Dan is reading all of this and laughs at us
it would be really awkward but totally awesome

hi, dan :D

oh, and i read this thread every day and i see all the rude stuff he says/do , and then i go on twitter and see him posting cute stuff about his fans etc and its just like

what the hell
dan
sort your shit out

usurpadora
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by usurpadora »

At the time I saw it I was engrossed in it but it's kinda ridiculous in the overdramatic way, but that's maybe because in my country we've had a TON of Southern American and Argentinian telenovelas and they are all so typical, the poor girl ends up somehow in a high position or in a rich family and falls in love with the wealthy dude and there is the family who disapprove of her and the woman who also loves the guy and she'll do everything to ruin her and yeah it's practically the same plot in every show so we just laugh at it (but honestly we all sat and watched them completely hooked).

Listening to the Radio 1 show, let's see how it is today. *connects fingertips and places them under face in contemplation*

Welcome pokechick87! :D I'm also new here but this forum seems awesome so I might stay for the awesome peeps.

If he is indeed ashamed of his bisexuality, what is causing the shame? a nasty past at school? he wishes he wasn't attracted to guys (or even to Phil)? Like, if you were bullied at school or shunned by your family I could understand being discreet about it but on the internet we sometimes are more open, maybe he doesn't want to be known as "dan the bi guy" or something.

Heh I don't think Dan knows how to handle his fans.

justanotherlurker
Learner
Learner

Post by justanotherlurker »

So, they just told the listeners of the radioshow that they are living together.

Turnip
Talker
Talker

Post by Turnip »

Ohhhh, Phil just said "If you didn't know, we're housemates" on the radioshow and they were talking about "our house" and "when we get home after the radioshow".

MonnaLessa
Lurker
Lurker

Post by MonnaLessa »

I enjoy the radio show and I like the variety of music they play. I even enjoy the "phandom jokes", as long as they're innocuous and sporadic. Btw they just said for the first time they're housemates XD haha something that has been discussed in phanfaq and maybe even here(the fact they didn't say it and acted as if they didn't live together) :D
Ok someone wrote it already haha

Ali9799
Informer
Informer

Post by Ali9799 »

Radio show is on right now if anyone's interested ...
Another thing that bugs me is when fangirls beg Dan and Phil to sing when they can't really :P they just want them to be perfect in every way and they go crazy when they show them the slightest singing. The most singing they'll ever show us is this : (this is what I don't like to miss in live shows ;) )

And for whoever was saying that Dan's trying to hide the fact that they're flatmates, just a minute ago Dan said "btw we're housemates" then Phil proceeded to inform him that there are 2 mice in their sink xD
What if they just read this and they're proving us wrong? hahaha :D
Here's a llama There's a llama
And another little llama
Fuzzy llama Funny llama
Llama llama duck

Return to “Danisnotonfire & AmazingPhil”