Post by delicate porcelain »

i thought i would make a thread since i couldnt find anything about her in here

stubbssie
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Re: Valeria Lipovetsky

Post by stubbssie »

I have mixed feelings about her. I found her channel/IG last summer and started following her because she lives in my city and I thought she's so beautiful.

Now as a Guru, I find her a little bit fake. She claps back at people who point out her hypocrisy. She didn't mention the 2 nannies in any of her motherhood videos ever until a local blogger called her out. The very next video she's shouting praise for the nanny.

She's always suggesting she's paying for things in videos with her husband. Get real - you don't need to keep pointing out to us that you pay for things. You're married to a very rich man, who "surprises" you with gifts like a 55k AP or a 40k cartier bracelet.

She desperately tries to be relatable despite generally always wearing a house on her wrists.

Anyways, that's just typical guru stuff IMO. To be "aspirational" you basically need to have money. I just wish instead of being all "positive thinking" "you can do anything" blah blah she would acknowledge that her life is very easy because she's rich - independent of how hard she worked as a commercial model or for the last 6 months has worked as a lifestyle vlogger.

That said, the real tea is her nose job, which she won't acknowledge despite having been directly called out by her fans, the moles are often photoshopped out in professional photoshoots, but you can match them in some of the pics and her videos:

God
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Post by God »

her face screams plastic surgery. money can't buy class... her nose job is really bad too

delicate porcelain
Lurker
Lurker

its funny how she was whining about having two kids and a model career an also trying to follow your passion and then i clik on her brothers insta pic and there is a nanny in the backgroung ... there is nothing wrong to have a person helping you, but why hide it ? there is also something extremely off about her husbang and their relationship ...

stubbssie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by stubbssie »

delicate porcelain wrote:its funny how she was whining about having two kids and a model career an also trying to follow your passion and then i clik on her brothers insta pic and there is a nanny in the backgroung ... there is nothing wrong to have a person helping you, but why hide it ? there is also something extremely off about her husbang and their relationship ...
Yeah that kills me. You're not a relatable mom. You have had at least one nanny since your first kid was born. Google them up and you can see advert posted under Gary's name. It's also super weird how whenever anybody criticizes her work Gary is up in the comments barking them down, waiting to be congratulated by her teenage minions. So feminism, very empowerment.

I'm also wondering how her "poor immigrant family" afforded her nosejob before she was even 16, can't see how her modelling paid for it since there are no professional campaigns pre nose job. :roll: Having actually come from a poor non-immigrant family, I seem to remember my teenage years being about avoiding photo day, yearbooks, fundraisers and school trips.

I remember when her IG and channel started to take off around May of this year - she actually hired a publicist/ORM company to get that growth. When she hit 100k subscribers she posted a story out to dinner with her publicist congratulating them. Gary also owns a business that manages IG growth for sports stars etc.

I don't appreciate the "how to become successful on Youtube - sponsored by Squarespace" vids that don't disclose all of this extra information. I found this info easily by googling her early in her YouTube career. I really liked her style and still do, but I don't believe this rags to riches follow your passion BS.

hopelesscoffeeaddict
Informer
Informer

Post by hopelesscoffeeaddict »

I used to like this girl, but her last video is just so ridiculous - this whole "learn from failure and rejection" stuff is a) nothing new or original and b) gurrrrrrrrrrrrl, being "rejected" by Victoria Secret isn't really something 99% of us women can relate to, lol.

There was also a comment pointing out how she is white and conventionally pretty and so her "failure" is really just first world problems compared to what other women go through, and she reacted super pissy to this even though the comment wasn't even rude or anything, so immature. Anyway, I have lost interest in her a while ago. She used to have great recipes and shorter, fun videos with nutrition tipps, but now she just does sponsored shit and this whole snoozy lifestyle coach nonsense of "follow your passion". Sure, it's pretty easy to follow your passion when you are a pretty model with money. I think she is super fake.

Also: am I the only one who suspects that her family is connected to the Russian mafia? Her whole visit to her Russian home just seemed...off. Some things didn't quite add up. I don't know, a lot of her back story just seems shady. That Russian wedding she went to also was super over the top, her family clearly has money so yeah, the rags to riches stuff is just a way to sell her brand of self-help.

shieraseastar
Lurker
Lurker

Post by shieraseastar »

Valeria seems nice. But it's really disingenuous of her to not to think that her success has nothing to do with the fact that she's attractive and white and has a wealthy husband. I also find most of her self help advice superficial. I didn't know that she had a nose job, but looking at it now, it's pretty obvious.

delicate porcelain
Lurker
Lurker

hopelesscoffeeaddict wrote: Also: am I the only one who suspects that her family is connected to the Russian mafia? Her whole visit to her Russian home just seemed...off. Some things didn't quite add up. I don't know, a lot of her back story just seems shady. That Russian wedding she went to also was super over the top, her family clearly has money so yeah, the rags to riches stuff is just a way to sell her brand of self-help.
being russian its a bit funny for me when people say "russian mafia" unless they referring to the 90' . i havent seen that video but i can agree that her past seems shady . and omg her mothers wedding ...one word... kitsch too bad marriying a rich man cant buy you class and good taste .

hopelesscoffeeaddict
Informer
Informer

delicate porcelain wrote: being russian its a bit funny for me when people say "russian mafia" unless they referring to the 90'
Lol, fair enough - I realise it's pretty clichee! :D But...the 90s are when her childhood happened, so wouldn't that fit well with the timeline then? And lol, yes, that wedding was a bit much, kind of "Eurotrash" style if you know what I mean, xd.

stubbssie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by stubbssie »

delicate porcelain wrote:
hopelesscoffeeaddict wrote: Also: am I the only one who suspects that her family is connected to the Russian mafia? Her whole visit to her Russian home just seemed...off. Some things didn't quite add up. I don't know, a lot of her back story just seems shady. That Russian wedding she went to also was super over the top, her family clearly has money so yeah, the rags to riches stuff is just a way to sell her brand of self-help.
being russian its a bit funny for me when people say "russian mafia" unless they referring to the 90' . i havent seen that video but i can agree that her past seems shady . and omg her mothers wedding ...one word... kitsch too bad marriying a rich man cant buy you class and good taste .

Haha I feel you. People still have an idea about Eastern Europe. Pretty sure if her family had oligarch connections she wouldn't have married Gary. :D But if you watch her latest video, she says she was 18-19 when she failed the VS PINK shoot, and went back to Gary in Toronto. Even that part of her story doesn't add up. Apparently they met while she was living in NYC, he proposed after one month, and she came back to Toronto... so don't tell us "I wasn't married at the time" bish you was already engashed.

I want to know how her poor family afforded the nose job? Agencies don't pay for nose jobs. I also think it would be detrimental to her career for the nose job thing to have happened while her career was active. It's kind of like once you see it you can't unsee it.
There was also a comment pointing out how she is white and conventionally pretty and so her "failure" is really just first world problems compared to what other women go through, and she reacted super pissy to this even though the comment wasn't even rude or anything, so immature. Anyway, I have lost interest in her a while ago. She used to have great recipes and shorter, fun videos with nutrition tipps, but now she just does sponsored shit and this whole snoozy lifestyle coach nonsense of "follow your passion". Sure, it's pretty easy to follow your passion when you are a pretty model with money. I think she is super fake.
You're right - it's totally easy to follow your passion when you don't have to worry about making enough money to have a comfortable life. She was posting those nutrition tips videos for a long time without any traction. She wants to make money, so she's posting videos like "MOMMY/MODEL/NUTRITIONIST - HOW MANY FARTS DO I RELEASE IN A DAY? SPONSORED BY SQUARESPACE" now.

It would be great if she just acknowledge her whole angle is being extremely wealthy and a model. It's totally disingenuous for her to be pretending anybody can pick up a camera and start a successful vlog. I think half her original clicks back in the day were just to look at her (fake) nose or the giant engagement ring she loves to casually feature in her thumbnails. :roll:

MissMina
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by MissMina »

Actually I quite got to like her, mostly her vlogs seemed interesting. But must admit that recently most of her videos are sponsored and much less appealing so I tried to search sth more and found this thread :D Anyways, does anyone remember why and when exactly did she move to Canada? I just remeber her saying she started college there and that her mother started this banquet hall business which supposedly got her quite wealthy. Still timeline confuses me so much, she looks so young that it was hard to believe she is married and with two children already :?

CosetteTheLark
Learner
Learner

Post by CosetteTheLark »

Is she really a holistic nutritionist? Like I have never seen her talk about her qualifications anywhere. The only work she shows us is her modeling work.

And yeah, that wedding was very... new money.

I had no idea about the nose job until now! It's crazy but so obvious now.

itsmaya
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by itsmaya »

I also found her to be quite likeable at first, but now seeing these old pictures of her and her old nose, something about her does not sit right with me. I find it bizarre that someone who speaks so much about self love and confidence tries to educate others on the matter, whilst having undergone plastic surgery themselves. To me it feels disingenuous.
I found more pictures of her old nose on Bellazon. Thought I'd share! ;)

There are plenty more, but it's quite difficult to deny she's had work done.
English is far from my first language, I apologize for horrible grammar! :)

Micapika

Post by Micapika »

itsmaya wrote:I also found her to be quite likeable at first, but now seeing these old pictures of her and her old nose, something about her does not sit right with me. I find it bizarre that someone who speaks so much about self love and confidence tries to educate others on the matter, whilst having undergone plastic surgery themselves. To me it feels disingenuous.
I found more pictures of her old nose on Bellazon. Thought I'd share! ;)

There are plenty more, but it's quite difficult to deny she's had work done.
Isn't that body pos though? Love yourself! But yeah I'm gonna go get some plastic surgery with the money I get when you watch my #BodyPos vids buhhhh byeeeee :rofl:

hopelesscoffeeaddict
Informer
Informer

Hmm, I don't think there is anything wrong with plastic surgery, and you can still teach body positivity if you had a nose job - BUT you should be honest about your procedures and not pretend that eating green goddess dressing and gluten-free muffins all day will magically make you look like her, lol. It's so sad, I thought she was genuine, but now I see her as just another narcissistic youtuber/a social climber by marriage.

iced_chocolate
Talker
Talker

Post by iced_chocolate »

I really liked Valeria when I first came across her youtube channel. She is still quite likable but I don't think hiring assistants and/or interns really elevated her video quality that much more. I understand she's a mother and may therefore prefer some help but is her brand name really that huge yet (to the point of hiring others to work with her on her vid production).

idk I have mixed feelings about her now. As of now she is still better than a lot of other veteran youtubers

MissMina
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by MissMina »

Honestly her videos are boring recently and herself behaves more and more fake.
Also, is it me only, but her fashion sense and makeup skills quite suck? :?

Micapika

Post by Micapika »

MissMina wrote:Honestly her videos are boring recently and herself behaves more and more fake.
Also, is it me only, but her fashion sense and makeup skills quite suck? :?
I don't like how she styles her outfits but different strokes

hopelesscoffeeaddict
Informer
Informer

MissMina wrote:Also, is it me only, but her fashion sense and makeup skills quite suck? :?
She literally does the same "no makeup" makeup look every time.

itsmaya
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by itsmaya »

hopelesscoffeeaddict wrote:Hmm, I don't think there is anything wrong with plastic surgery, and you can still teach body positivity if you had a nose job - BUT you should be honest about your procedures and not pretend that eating green goddess dressing and gluten-free muffins all day will magically make you look like her, lol. It's so sad, I thought she was genuine, but now I see her as just another narcissistic youtuber/a social climber by marriage.
Oh, for sure! I definitely agree! I am sure that people who have undergone plastic surgery probably have very valuable lessons to teach, but like you said, she's lacking in the honesty department. ;) I think a lot of her confidence stems from her looks, and pretending like only green juice and happy thoughts is what brought her to that feels slightly untrue. Her surgery is the missing piece of the puzzle, in my opinion. :D
English is far from my first language, I apologize for horrible grammar! :)

Return to “Valeria Lipovetsky”