BEAUTY NEWS (Hailey & Kat)

Lucille Bluth
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Lucille Bluth »

These two women are so vile I had to create a thread.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvQgkr ... w/featured

They basically talk about new product releases and proceed to bash practically every single brand/product/concept/person they talk about. They judge everybody else and yet speak like trailer trash and have the worst fashion sense I have ever seen. The hypocrisy is real with these two.

HelloCrazyGirl
Learner
Learner

Re: BEAUTY NEWS (Hailey & Kat)

Post by HelloCrazyGirl »

I stumbled across their videos a couple of times on destroying makeup. They are both awful, personality wise.

gakawak
Informer
Informer

Post by gakawak »

I actually really liked them until the last few shows. Somehow they've decided to become little dictatorial divas over their FB groups and what other youtubers (i.e. jenluvsreviews) are doing.

ponytron
Lurker
Lurker

Post by ponytron »

I have really mixed feelings about the Beauty News channel. I've actually followed Kat since her personal channel began and she's great. She's smart, funny, and I really trust her opinions on products. Big fan. The concept (which she created) for Beauty News is an awesome one, however, in choosing Hailey as a co-host, I really believe she's limiting the audience the channel will attract. Hailey is so loud and over-bearing, she constantly talks over Kat and screeches in a loud, fishwife voice. Swearing doesn't generally bother me, but she does it excessively. She has no idea how to edit herself and often goes on and on, belaboring a point that could have been summed up in a few words. In Australia she's what we'd call a bogan. I love the concept of Beauty News and I do still watch it for Kat's opinions but find myself skipping through the parts where Hailey talks. I just can't, her voice is like nails down a chalk board. I understand why PR ignore the channel, and it's not because of Kat. It's a shame because she could do so well with another co-host, someone a bit more polished.

ponytron
Lurker
Lurker

Post by ponytron »

I have really mixed feelings about the Beauty News channel. I've actually followed Kat since her personal channel began and she's great. She's smart, funny, and I really trust her opinions on products. Big fan. The concept (which she created) for Beauty News is an awesome one, however, in choosing Hailey as a co-host, I really believe she's limiting the audience the channel will attract. Hailey is so loud and over-bearing, she constantly talks over Kat and screeches in a loud, fishwife voice. Swearing doesn't generally bother me, but she does it excessively. She has no idea how to edit herself and often goes on and on, belaboring a point that could have been summed up in a few words. In Australia she's what we'd call a bogan. I love the concept of Beauty News and I do still watch it for Kat's opinions but find myself skipping through the parts where Hailey talks. I just can't, her voice is like nails down a chalk board. I understand why PR ignore the channel, and it's not because of Kat. It's a shame because she could do so well with another co-host, someone a bit more polished.

ponytron
Lurker
Lurker

Post by ponytron »

gakawak
Informer
Informer

Post by gakawak »

ponytron wrote:I have really mixed feelings about the Beauty News channel. I've actually followed Kat since her personal channel began and she's great. She's smart, funny, and I really trust her opinions on products. Big fan. The concept (which she created) for Beauty News is an awesome one, however, in choosing Hailey as a co-host, I really believe she's limiting the audience the channel will attract. Hailey is so loud and over-bearing, she constantly talks over Kat and screeches in a loud, fishwife voice. Swearing doesn't generally bother me, but she does it excessively. She has no idea how to edit herself and often goes on and on, belaboring a point that could have been summed up in a few words. In Australia she's what we'd call a bogan. I love the concept of Beauty News and I do still watch it for Kat's opinions but find myself skipping through the parts where Hailey talks. I just can't, her voice is like nails down a chalk board. I understand why PR ignore the channel, and it's not because of Kat. It's a shame because she could do so well with another co-host, someone a bit more polished.
I like Kat a lot and relate to her, she's the only youtuber I know who looks like me or who rather looks like we are from the same place.

I think the cursing thing is a problem with the number of c-words for example. I could see companies not wanting to be associated with that when a fair number of women find it offensive and even some, like my mother, think it is just about the vilest thing you can call a woman. I don't agree, but it is limiting their channel growth.

jollyfish
Learner
Learner

Post by jollyfish »

I am officially to the point where I cannot watch them anymore. The constant contradictions are astounding and their nonsensical logic has caused me to stop several videos at this point. I would appreciate videos focused more on the information of new beauty products, not an hour long video where only 15 minutes of useful content is peppered throughout 45 minutes of irrelevant criticism.

kitzlig
Debater
Debater

Post by kitzlig »

gakawak wrote:
ponytron wrote:I have really mixed feelings about the Beauty News channel. I've actually followed Kat since her personal channel began and she's great. She's smart, funny, and I really trust her opinions on products. Big fan. The concept (which she created) for Beauty News is an awesome one, however, in choosing Hailey as a co-host, I really believe she's limiting the audience the channel will attract. Hailey is so loud and over-bearing, she constantly talks over Kat and screeches in a loud, fishwife voice. Swearing doesn't generally bother me, but she does it excessively. She has no idea how to edit herself and often goes on and on, belaboring a point that could have been summed up in a few words. In Australia she's what we'd call a bogan. I love the concept of Beauty News and I do still watch it for Kat's opinions but find myself skipping through the parts where Hailey talks. I just can't, her voice is like nails down a chalk board. I understand why PR ignore the channel, and it's not because of Kat. It's a shame because she could do so well with another co-host, someone a bit more polished.
I like Kat a lot and relate to her, she's the only youtuber I know who looks like me or who rather looks like we are from the same place.

I think the cursing thing is a problem with the number of c-words for example. I could see companies not wanting to be associated with that when a fair number of women find it offensive and even some, like my mother, think it is just about the vilest thing you can call a woman. I don't agree, but it is limiting their channel growth.
Yes! I like Kat and follow her personal insta, we have similar features and skin tone so I look to her for colour inspo, but Hailey is the kind of person that I try very hard to stay away from in life haha. Irritating, inconsiderate, and just cannot stop herself from talking over the top of everyone. And gets louder as she's talking over you too! The fucking worst.

Also, I know they keep it pretty international-friendly, but I was incredibly disappointed with the amount of 'US-only' products they feature too.

makeupmenace
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by makeupmenace »

I have a love/hate relationship with them. I do absolutely enjoy the concept of the channel and I love sitting down and just looking at an influx of different beauty releases for 30-60 minutes.

On the flip side, they've done a fair few things that piss me off and which I don't agree with. I think having an opinion on the makeup itself is one thing -- though even then, they have a clear bias as they can look at one item and say they don't like it, then show another near-identical item from a different brand and think it's cool. What really bothers me is when they start talking about people like Jeffree Star and end up looking like idiots for defending him. I don't want to hear about that.

They say they're not a drama channel, but if each video you have to start off on a 10 minute diatribe because of some hot topic in the industry, then in the next you have to heatedly defend yourselves because of what you've said, you're doing something wrong.
Blending is my cardio.

Lucille Bluth
Talker
Talker

Post by Lucille Bluth »

They say they're not a drama channel, but if each video you have to start off on a 10 minute diatribe because of some hot topic in the industry, then in the next you have to heatedly defend yourselves because of what you've said, you're doing something wrong.
This. I gave their channel a few shots cause I do like the 'news' concept but I laugh every time they say they don't like drama and "really couldn't care less" and then proceed to ramble on about stupid gossip for 15 minutes. I also think Kat would be better off without that bogan Hailey. You can tell she hates herself and hence proceeds to shit on everyone and everything. What a miserable troll she is.

kitzlig
Debater
Debater

Post by kitzlig »

Lucille Bluth wrote:
This. I gave their channel a few shots cause I do like the 'news' concept but I laugh every time they say they don't like drama and "really couldn't care less" and then proceed to ramble on about stupid gossip for 15 minutes. I also think Kat would be better off without that bogan Hailey. You can tell she hates herself and hence proceeds to shit on everyone and everything. What a miserable troll she is.
I prefer the videos Kat has on her own channel with Simon/TheSkincareObsessive, they're so relaxed and balanced. No one talking over anyone! Groundbreaking, letting other people speak.

Lucille Bluth
Talker
Talker

Post by Lucille Bluth »

Hailey's makeup/style in their latest video is horrific. I'm all for freedom of expression but the last thing she should be doing is drawing attention to her teeth. To top it all off, she keeps licking them and pursing her lips nonstop. It boggles my mind that someone that looks like her has the audacity to trash talk anyone. For someone so opinionated, she has zero self-awareness.

kitzlig
Debater
Debater

Post by kitzlig »

I got through about 3 minutes of their livestream in the park and stopped because of Hailey screaming and yelling at people. Just showed she’s even more annoying outside of their BN YouTube videos, she’d be painful to be around in person. It really puts me off Beauty News, I just want to watch Kat’s personal channel now, there’s only so much screechy obnoxiousness I can deal with (besides her butting in and talking over other people).

Hamil
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Hamil »

I have some very mixed feelings about them. On one hand, I really like the make up break up, it's fun to watch stuff get destroyed and interesting to see most things actually have more product than advertised. On the other hand, the actual 'beauty news' series they do is more like 'beauty opinions'. I'd like if they did that with wayyy less bias.

Hailey is definitely the less likable of the two, I think that's undeniable lmao. I also find it cringey that they seem to support Jeffree Star, I don't trust people who are still willing to purchase from him tbh.

Post by Guest »

It's interesting how I'm reading Hailey is less likeable than Kat. I used to watch Kat and thought she was great, her style, thorough reviews just kept me watching her channel...then she teamed up with Hailey and I couldn't watch her at all, like others have said the concept of Beauty News is a good idea, however at the start I liked Kat and not Hailey, then after awhile I felt Kat was changing and I preferred Hailey...now I can't stand either of them especially how they preach about steering clear from drama BUT in one particular vid Kat b*tches about Chloe Morello, they started Youtubers Behaving Badly, they at one time didn't like J Star and now purchase his makeup BUT they aren't into the drama they're all for the beauty!!
Bunch of hypocrites!

Also if people want to swear that's their thing no problem, but don't tell me those are the only words in your vocabulary because you sound like a low class bogan and no company will engage with the likes of these girls moaning and complaining about how much they put out and it never pays off with views and subs.

kitzlig
Debater
Debater

Post by kitzlig »

What did they say about Chloe Morello?! I love Chloe! Is it because she’s successful without being a drunk bogan?

Post by Guest »

Apparently Kats point of view on her alleged bitterness or jealousy for Chloe is because she's a pretty girl with no substance and her looks is why her audience has sky rocketed whereas she feels the average people have to work harder blah blah blah they just moan...why not only discuss makeup.

This is the vid if you can be bothered watching lol
Starts at 19:24

Hamil
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Hamil »

I could get having that kind of rant in private, but you'd think someone would have the sense to edit that out of the final video? Wtf?

Post by Guest »

Yeah I don't think they have the ability to censor themselves. It's tragic lol

You are a force of evil in this world and you have to spend the rest of your life knowing that. Goodbye
~ J Kuckian 2017

Return to “A-E”