Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

clothesencounters part 3

Post by vanillafilter »

pixelpoop wrote:
rollingwaves wrote:
pixelpoop wrote:It made me laugh how she said she managed to make her own plans even though Ben wasn't around, like they haven't been living together longer than 6 months so surely they're still kind of used to being without each other??
yeah, i thought that was kinda funny/ridiculous too :D also, she seems like she keeps pretty busy and has a lot of friends anyway--I actually forgot that Ben was gone until she made that comment lol
Yeah, it makes you wonder what he does when he is in LA. She is out working/seeing friends/going to events a lot of the time, so he must be left to his own devices quite often, but his only friends (so it seems) in LA are through Jenn, and his work is also through Jenn. I wonder if he ever feels lonely/bored?
It honestly seemed like Jenn and Ben were way too codependent. They spend every waking hour together, I imagine since she works from home and he works for her. She seems like she's okay without him for the most part, in that she has plenty of friends. Ben, not so much, I'd think. I wonder if it was worth it for him to basically quit his whole life and move in with her to be her cameraman.

Also I feel like she's really running of ideas for videos. "Bloated Day Outfits"?! Even the title just sounds gross to me.

Aqus
Debater
Debater

Re: clothesencounters part 3

Post by Aqus »

Yeah, the whole concept of "food baby" is terrifying to me, like how much do you need to eat/how skinny do you need to be for that to happen?

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

Evil_robot
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Evil_robot »

thanks for the new thread!

hanaemii
NAUGHTY
NAUGHTY

Post by hanaemii »

BANNED

:hugs:

allsaints
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by allsaints »

What happened to jenvember is it over already

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

vanillafilter
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by vanillafilter »

She said she'd post her next jennvember video either on thanksgiving or right after. And then she's doing jennglebells again for december

Lolokwow
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Lolokwow »

I'm getting bored with jenn's beauty related content. She always manages to dress and look better in blogs when she's not trying so hard. But her clothing lookbooks and everything are just getting bleh to me. Not sure what it is maybe I've just been watching her too long and am outgrowing her. Her editing/graphics and everything are great I'm just bored w the content lol

anotherone
Informer
Informer

Post by anotherone »

Yeah it does seem like she's running out of the ideas. I didn't watch her 'bloated outfits' video but I rolled my eyes at the title. I get wanting to be different from the thanksgiving outfit type of videos but girl... when you're bloated you wear loose and comfy stuff instead of tight jeans. it's that easy. Doesn't take a genius lol

assthetic
Debater
Debater

Post by assthetic »

She always makes that same dozed off face in her videos and photos-- it is getting boring and repetitive.

BunnyTheDude
Talker
Talker

Post by BunnyTheDude »

anotherone wrote:Yeah it does seem like she's running out of the ideas. I didn't watch her 'bloated outfits' video but I rolled my eyes at the title. I get wanting to be different from the thanksgiving outfit type of videos but girl... when you're bloated you wear loose and comfy stuff instead of tight jeans. it's that easy. Doesn't take a genius lol
You're right, just wear comfortable clothes, jeez. Not everything must have a tutorial.
I noticed this thing on YT when people run out of ideas, videos like this one or "how to brush your hair" start to appear. lol.

[blankcanvas]
Talker
Talker

Post by [blankcanvas] »

Dill Moonhop wrote:
anotherone wrote:Yeah it does seem like she's running out of the ideas. I didn't watch her 'bloated outfits' video but I rolled my eyes at the title. I get wanting to be different from the thanksgiving outfit type of videos but girl... when you're bloated you wear loose and comfy stuff instead of tight jeans. it's that easy. Doesn't take a genius lol
You're right, just wear comfortable clothes, jeez. Not everything must have a tutorial.
I noticed this thing on YT when people run out of ideas, videos like this one or "how to brush your hair" start to appear. lol.
right lmao where has her creativity gone? i guess selling her soul to sponsorships sucked her dry of ideas. She barely stands out from the fashion community on YT anymore.
Image Sorry for the grammatical errors. I don't really proofread lolImage

vanillafilter
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by vanillafilter »

She was more creative in the past because I felt like she had so much more going on in her life before. She was creative when she was thrifting because she couldn't afford to buy brand new clothes all the time, plus she had Sarah with her on the channel and they could play off each other's creativity. She was creative when she lived in the bay area because she was surrounded by creative people (who weren't all youtubers doing the same thing) and in a really inspiring environment. Plus, she always said that it was her teenage dream to live in SF. That's why it was so sad when she decided to move to LA because she obviously didn't choose to move because she really wanted to, it was just because it was close to all the jobs (and close to her family, but let's be real... she did it for the money).

She sucks now because everything she does is driven by money, not creativity or need or want. The best videos she's done in recent memory have been her travel videos but she barely travels anymore. Her makeup videos are trash as usual (she is not a beauty guru, never has been, never will be, and she says so herself), her lookbooks have elevated editing and camerawork but have suffered in content (this is what happens to your style when it consists of free items you get that you're obligated to feature).

I don't think she can ever get back her creative spark, because I don't think she's willing to downgrade her lifestyle at all. None of these youtubers are willing to do that. You can make money and still retain your integrity. You'll just be making less money by taking only the deals you truly believe in. But having integrity won't necessarily afford you a two bedroom apartment in a high rise in downtown LA and a stay at home boyfriend. :roll:

pixelpoop
Learner
Learner

Post by pixelpoop »

Just watched Jenn's newest vlog and she says Ben left at 7am to go to work, and in a live stream she did she mentioned he was editing his first vlog. Do you think he's trying to break into the Youtube world?

Aqus
Debater
Debater

Post by Aqus »

God I hope not

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

Muscaria
Learner
Learner

Post by Muscaria »

She said in the comments for the latest Jennvember (or whatever it is) that Ben works for a video production company. At least that's better than being Jenn's assistant.
Sherilynn Macale HeyCheri Sherilynn Macale HeyCheri Sherilynn Macale HeyCheri Sherilynn Macale HeyCheri Sherilynn Macale HeyCheri Sherilynn Macale HeyCheri Sherilynn Macale HeyCheri Sherilynn Macale HeyCheri Sherilynn Macale HeyCheri Sherilynn Macale

Icametoread4u_
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Icametoread4u_ »

i'm pretty sure jenn is busy asf that's why she hasn't been as creative. Damn put urself in her shoes. Also you guys are trying to clown ben, but not too long ago u were mad that he doesn't have a job and now that he's trying to do something you're mad. You miserable people can never be pleased :roll: One more thing, u guys realize being an actor isn't the only form of entertainment. Jenn could easily be a reporter or interviewer. She's articulate and has a nice voice.

Lolokwow
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Lolokwow »

hate to be a nit-pick but omg the way jenn eats is annoying. I've noticed she has a routine in all her vlogs when eating. She takes a bite of food, she does that glazed over/spaced out look she does in pictures, then she'll do the stereotypical head bob you see Asian girls do in anime, then she'll scream "ahhhh" or something. Like Jenn, just eat the food. everything doesnt need to be cutesy

Lolokwow
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Lolokwow »

Icametoread4u_ wrote:i'm pretty sure jenn is busy asf that's why she hasn't been as creative. Damn put urself in her shoes. Also you guys are trying to clown ben, but not too long ago u were mad that he doesn't have a job and now that he's trying to do something you're mad. You miserable people can never be pleased :roll: One more thing, u guys realize being an actor isn't the only form of entertainment. Jenn could easily be a reporter or interviewer. She's articulate and has a nice voice.
busy doing what exactly? Everyone always says youtubers are "busy" and while I myself make youtube videos (nowhere near as popular as them), let me tell you it's not the most time consuming occupation. lookbooks tend to take the longest but even then I still can balance uploading, work, and school. Also Jenn has A LOT of help producing and creating her content nowadays. All she has to do is create the concept and wear the outfits. Dawn is doing her graphics and thumbnails (which is very time consuming) and Benn occasionally does the filming. And just looking at her vlogs her days mainly consist of working out, eating and hanging with friends.
As for Ben, he's clowning himself. He left his job and successful career to be a part time videographer for his girlfriend who has to pay for him and everything else.
No one said Jenn entering the entertainment world was bad or that she shouldnt, but the girl clearly cannot act, why set herself up for failure like that. She's got various talents, but acting and public speaking are not her strong suit.

Unicorns
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Unicorns »

Icametoread4u_ wrote:i'm pretty sure jenn is busy asf that's why she hasn't been as creative. Damn put urself in her shoes. Also you guys are trying to clown ben, but not too long ago u were mad that he doesn't have a job and now that he's trying to do something you're mad. You miserable people can never be pleased :roll: One more thing, u guys realize being an actor isn't the only form of entertainment. Jenn could easily be a reporter or interviewer. She's articulate and has a nice voice.
Has she been busy forever, because her creativity boat sailed 2 or 3 years ago for me...
Also, being articulate isn't enough to be a reporter/interviewer and just having a nice voice doesn't even make you nearly qualified to have that type of job. I feel that you're young and you just love Jenn so I can understand why you're defending her because she is ~* your idol *~. But to say that she could be a reporter/interviewer just based on the fact that she's "articulate" and "has a nice voice" barely provides a decent foundation for Jenn to stand on.

allsaints
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by allsaints »

I see she has a jewelry line.. And it's basic AF lol.. And in not the good minimalist way

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Return to “Jenn Im”