Arna Alayne

makeupmenace
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Arna Alayne

Post by makeupmenace »

I didn't see a single thread about her on here and figured it was about time she got one :) Who else is a fan? I think she's such a class act.
Blending is my cardio.

pennilane
Wallflower
Wallflower
Been thanked: 0

Re: Arna Alayne

Post by pennilane »

Love her! :tu: I agree with you. She seems to stay true to her intent.

soundofsilence
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by soundofsilence »

I love Arna! She's the only youtuber I would describe as "classy". I love her makeup, it's always beautiful and wearable (from glamorous to natural). And I love that she's a legitimately fair-skinned girl and rocks it.

makeupmenace
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by makeupmenace »

I love that, in her Dermacol review, she took the time to address the fact that just because you can find it cheap on ebay doesn't mean you should be buying it there. A lot of people get fakes. She also addressed that the product itself has some iffy ingredients that are probably not great for your skin, which I feel a lot of people overlook -- it's really not meant to be a daily-wear foundation.
Blending is my cardio.

makeupmenace
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by makeupmenace »

She just did an excellent video shouting out some smaller YTers with fairer skin. Nice to see her spread awareness to channels I've never heard of.
Blending is my cardio.

Post by Guest »

Personally I don't like her because she acts like a "pale princess". :?

soundofsilence
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by soundofsilence »

CinnamonBun wrote:Personally I don't like her because she acts like a "pale princess". :?
This is her rave thread, just so you know. If you don't like her, there might be a trash thread kickin' around.

Post by Guest »

soundofsilence wrote:
CinnamonBun wrote:Personally I don't like her because she acts like a "pale princess". :?
This is her rave thread, just so you know. If you don't like her, there might be a trash thread kickin' around.
Okay smartass thanks for the advice :tu: :tu:

soundofsilence
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by soundofsilence »

CinnamonBun wrote:
soundofsilence wrote:
Okay smartass thanks for the advice :tu: :tu:
anytime. #bye

grimaldispepperoni
Learner
Learner

Post by grimaldispepperoni »

What is a "pale princess" exactly? I know it's en vogue to criticize white people, but come on. It's actually really hard to find very fair shades that work. Maybe not as hard as the deeper end of the spectrum, but the truth is most foundation ranges cater to mid-range tones. Anyway, I like her. She's always very responsive in her comments she seems like a nice person. I can't stand most gooroos so she is a breath of fresh air.

I was going to say the one criticism I have of her is that her foundation is sometimes too yellow, at least on camera, but that's more of a testament to how hard it is to find very fair shades that actually look good and have a flattering tone. Most are either too pink or yellow. I think she would look better with more of a pink undertone foundation sometimes, though.

Post by Guest »

grimaldispepperoni wrote:What is a "pale princess" exactly? I know it's en vogue to criticize white people, but come on. It's actually really hard to find very fair shades that work. Maybe not as hard as the deeper end of the spectrum, but the truth is most foundation ranges cater to mid-range tones. Anyway, I like her. She's always very responsive in her comments she seems like a nice person. I can't stand most gooroos so she is a breath of fresh air.

I was going to say the one criticism I have of her is that her foundation is sometimes too yellow, at least on camera, but that's more of a testament to how hard it is to find very fair shades that actually look good and have a flattering tone. Most are either too pink or yellow. I think she would look better with more of a pink undertone foundation sometimes, though.
Oh boo hoo, and for dark-skinned people, our money that has the same value as the pale peoples are vastly ignored in the industry. It's almost as if, with the "pale princesses' that there's some sort of "who has it worse" Olympics and frankly I'm sick of it. There may be some slight difficulty in finding a pale shade, however, a company would have no problem catering to lighter skin tones and ultra high-end lines have something for the fairest of skins and dare venture past beige. The skin whitening trend in pan Asia is expected to grow within the next decade.

Schweetums
Talker
Talker

Post by Schweetums »

I would like to start my opinion by stating that I've followed Arna for about 3/4 years. I ADORE her. She seems very genuine, and I love that her channel has more substance than just beauty topics. I especially enjoy her tea time talkos. And she's smart, not everyone can go for a PHD. I just think she has a level of class that her peers on YT lack these days. I don't mean class in a snooty sense either. I truly think she's on a higher level intellectually, both academically and socially (introverted people/those that can suffer from mental illness can have much higher capacity for empathy/feeling for others). She comes across humble though. I just really really like her!

However.... there is no trash thread and I won't bring myself to create one for this minut critique:

Please Arna, distance yourself from livloveshermakeup

She is surrounded by controversy on YT, Arna has maintained all her class over the years and Liv will taint her reputation. The subs and type of subs Arna may gain from associating with Liv won't be the viewers she'll want. And it may drive away loyal subs that hate drama, and disingenuous content creators (Liv)

There is a reason that Arna receives little YT comment hate. She is above the creators like Liv, and handles criticism with poise.

Ok, come for me. I can't create a thread. I just CAN'T. Arna is my fave. :love2:

makeupmenace
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by makeupmenace »

Schweetums wrote:I would like to start my opinion by stating that I've followed Arna for about 3/4 years. I ADORE her. She seems very genuine, and I love that her channel has more substance than just beauty topics. I especially enjoy her tea time talkos. And she's smart, not everyone can go for a PHD. I just think she has a level of class that her peers on YT lack these days. I don't mean class in a snooty sense either. I truly think she's on a higher level intellectually, both academically and socially (introverted people/those that can suffer from mental illness can have much higher capacity for empathy/feeling for others). She comes across humble though. I just really really like her!

However.... there is no trash thread and I won't bring myself to create one for this minut critique:

Please Arna, distance yourself from livloveshermakeup

She is surrounded by controversy on YT, Arna has maintained all her class over the years and Liv will taint her reputation. The subs and type of subs Arna may gain from associating with Liv won't be the viewers she'll want. And it may drive away loyal subs that hate drama, and disingenuous content creators (Liv)

There is a reason that Arna receives little YT comment hate. She is above the creators like Liv, and handles criticism with poise.

Ok, come for me. I can't create a thread. I just CAN'T. Arna is my fave. :love2:
YES THANK YOU. I won't create a thread either but I totally agree. I'll give her the benefit of the doubt and hope they're not that close and maybe Arna just doesn't know but yeah...I hope she looks into it!

And look, as someone who hates "pale princesses" and the whole "pale olympics" thing I have to say Arna is really not that bad. She's one of the few fair Youtubers who points out shade ranges on the deep spectrum, is willing to speak out or even boycott brands when they're not inclusive and doesn't bitch when there isn't a shade for her.
Blending is my cardio.

Return to “Gurus With Less Than 50,000 Subs”