Fenty Beauty

BornThisWay94

Fenty Beauty

Post by BornThisWay94 »

Has anybody tried Fenty? Do you think it lives up to the hype?

makeupmenace
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Fenty Beauty

Post by makeupmenace »

I've only tried the foundation and had a pretty poor experience, unfortunately. I'd be open to trying something else from the range though.
Blending is my cardio.

BornThisWay94

Post by BornThisWay94 »

trickylinguist wrote:I've only tried the foundation and had a pretty poor experience, unfortunately. I'd be open to trying something else from the range though.
What happened? I swatched it in Sephora yesterday and at first I wasn't pleased because I found it rather thick and goopy but after it dried it was really nice.

makeupmenace
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Post by makeupmenace »

BornThisWay94 wrote:
trickylinguist wrote:I've only tried the foundation and had a pretty poor experience, unfortunately. I'd be open to trying something else from the range though.
What happened? I swatched it in Sephora yesterday and at first I wasn't pleased because I found it rather thick and goopy but after it dried it was really nice.
I actually found it to be extremely runny. But basically what happened was I went in to Sephora and swatched the lightest shades. 100 and 110 both looked the same orangey-yellow on my neutral-cool skin, even though 100 is neutral and 110 is cool. So I don't know what was up with that, but I took a sample of 100 to try it out thinking it might look different once applied.

I have normal skin and take very, very good care of it. I exfoliated the night before and that morning I cleansed, put on a thick moisturizer, primed, and applied the foundation (trying both a sponge and a brush). The undertones were way off and it was possibly 1/2 shade dark, though maybe not -- if it had been the right tone I probably wouldn't have noticed anything amiss. It made me look about 10 years older because of how cakey and dry it was. My skin has never looked worse.

And sadly, my skin had a small reaction to it, probably because of the fragrance, which also irritated my lungs throughout the day. It's very highly scented. So unfortunately, just a really bad experience overall.
Blending is my cardio.

Return to “Make up & Beauty Discussion”