Product/Company Pet Peeves

RoseHammer
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Product/Company Pet Peeves

Post by RoseHammer »

This kind of coincides with the makeup pet peeves thread, but this about actual products, lines, and brands. I'll throw some out to start---

- Selling foundations in messy plain capped jars instead of having a pump. My favorite foundation comes in a jar and I pour it into a pump bottle because it gets everywhere otherwise

- Scenting makeup products that have no business being scented, or giving them a disgusting scent *ahem* Loreal

- Horrible foundation ranges... I can't tell you how many foundations I've swatched that said "light" that were the color of mud or just a weird ugly yellow tan color.

- Lipsticks that don't retract all the way down into the tube, so the tip sticks out and gets chipped.

- When indie companies that no one's ever head of pop up out of the blue and charge out the butt. Shady gurus who get sponsored by them tend to suddenly fall in love with their products.

BornThisWay94

Re: Product/Company Pet Peeves

Post by BornThisWay94 »

Hate how 98% of the workers at MAC are so fucking rude. Usually nowadays when I want to buy a product from there, I stick to online shopping to avoid those snobby assholes.

When a foundation that's supposed to be the lightest shade a brand sells is still somehow orange as hell and makes me look like an Oompa Loompa

Eyeshadows that have a lot of fallout

Maris Crane
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Maris Crane »

Cardboard packaging. Only justifiable if you're dirt cheap at the drugstore. In which case, I'll only buy if you're a must-have.

Rose gold everything. I'm over it.

lalaland
Learner
Learner

Post by lalaland »

When make up brands run out of ideas they just make sequels *cough* Urban Decay. I am so over it if they make a Naked 4 or Naked 3 basics.

They've become more concerned with the quantity they dismissed the quality. The naked 3 has such pretty colors but the shades Trick and Dust are ehh. I have to rub it really hard for good color payoff for the color trick and dust is really chalky...

Maybe I am spoiled from their first two palettes which are extremely pigmented haha

Post by Guest »

When one company comes up with new gimmick that everyone loves and raves about, and then all the other brands try to copy it by making their own version of it.

When a company brings out a brand new product...that turns out to be all but identical to a different product they have. Like new or different packaging, but the exact same product. This really applies when it comes to mascaras

Mascara commercials....we are not stupid, we can clearly see that the model is wearing false eyelashes. Not even natural looking falsies, but really obvious ones.

Tsubaki
Informer
Informer

Post by Tsubaki »

That one eyeshadow in a palette that you know you'll never use or hate using. For me, it's usually one of those glittery eyeshadows.

The synthetic mango scent that's in the YSL Rouge Volupte Shine -- gosh, I'll take Chanel's grandma rose any day. I love mangoes, just not that scent... fruity scents just don't go well with luxury lipsticks.

orilla

Post by orilla »

I was going to also express my frustration at the lack of pale/light shades in foundations but it's already been mentioned twice. Instead I'm going to say I hate how hard it is to find a concealer light enough to go with pale foundations. Nars Chantilly is the only one I've found.

Another thing I dislike is how a lot of companies say their powder is 'translucent' when really it has colour in it and it darkens my face a little.

Pale person problems!

Nickelliebear
Learner
Learner

Post by Nickelliebear »

I'm easily irritated I guess.

Hate how there can be 20 foundation shades but maybe 5 concealer shades. When I was super fair it was more of an issue than now that I'm more of a medium tone.

It's impossible to find a good warm blonde brow product 90% of the time. And even harder for a redhead.

I don't like fruity hair products.

Gimmicky products.. Especially the ones that don't work.

Brands that try and have their product live up to a claim they definitely can't. (Ie. Benefit, I'm looking at you. )

Palettes targeted for every day use but not having permanent range items similar.

Snooty customer service. I won't go to the standalone MAC unless it's (a) super early and the mall is dead or (b) I need a pan. I prefer the MAC in the Bay near the sephora I work in. I know two of the artists so if it's a new collection I can count on them to know what I'm looking for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Make up & Beauty Discussion”