• Advertisement

Ted Baker?

Ted Baker?

Postby Nikon » Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:53 am

Could any person that knows anything about fashion tell me more about the reputation of this brand? It's a British 'luxury' brand (at least that's what they call themselves) but how is the brand seen in your country? Or just for your self? It's a totally unknown brand here tbh but there are some sites that sell it.

I was eying some stuff like their wallets but there are tons of negative reviews to find about this brand... Definitely don't feel like wasting €130 for a wallet that's going to break faster than my €20 one lol. Just some things they have:

How to cut layers in your hair and than screw up your once very beautiful hair cut!

"So when you cut it like this you get these angled bangs that look really great"
Nikon
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Advertisement

Re: Ted Baker?

Postby Maris Crane » Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:17 pm

We just got a Ted Baker (our first, AFAIK) here.

The clothes are beautiful - they were having 50% off the older stuff yesterday and I guess for boxing week, but TBH, still expensive-ish. I guess in line with the Contemporary stuff you'd find on shopbop or Net a Porter, or something. They had some gorgeous cocktail dresses, but I just bought a blouse and a bracelet.

I have bought other stuff while in the US or Europe in the past from TB, all seems to be fine. I'm not sure how I feel about the 0 1 2 3 4 sizing, but I guess you just get used to it or something.

The bags (I'm sorry! I know you were eyeing a clutch!) especially the larger patent ones seemed kind of cheap. They didn't look much different to what I'd see in Aldo BUT they were more expensive than Aldo. Shoes seemed okay, but I wasn't blown away. The little SLGs like the makeup bags and card cases were cute, but not a necessity.

I did not see the clutch you posted in person though so I can't comment on that! :|
Maris Crane
Gossiper
Gossiper

Postby pamplemousse » Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:48 pm

Hi, I love the items you have chosen!
I am from the UK, and although I would hardly call Ted Baker a luxury high end designer, it is certainly mid-range, perhaps on par with J Crew? Only perhaps not as nice. its not quite level with Alice + Olivia, Sandro or Maje but might be in the same area in a department store.

You asked about the quality, which I would say is good, my mum had a purse/wallet that she used for 2-3 years permanently, and it doe not look at all worn, but recently she moved onto a mulberry one. Her only complaint was that notes didn't lay flat!

As for the image, it has gone slightly down hill and a bit mass market - despite the price!! this could be down to it being widely stocked by debenhams - a slightly down market department store chain. however it is a brand mostly liked by everyone, with large floor space in Selfridges and Harrods :D
pamplemousse
Learner
Learner

Postby Nikon » Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:36 pm

^ Thanks a lot for that information! I have literally no idea what the brands are that you just mentioned but I'm going to look it up right away haha (downside of living in Europe I guess!). Good to hear that your mother had a good experience, hopefully mine will be good too! And yeah it's definitely pricey, but man I have a weakness for what they are bringing out lol.

Maris Crane wrote:We just got a Ted Baker (our first, AFAIK) here.

The clothes are beautiful - they were having 50% off the older stuff yesterday and I guess for boxing week, but TBH, still expensive-ish. I guess in line with the Contemporary stuff you'd find on shopbop or Net a Porter, or something. They had some gorgeous cocktail dresses, but I just bought a blouse and a bracelet.

I have bought other stuff while in the US or Europe in the past from TB, all seems to be fine. I'm not sure how I feel about the 0 1 2 3 4 sizing, but I guess you just get used to it or something.

The bags (I'm sorry! I know you were eyeing a clutch!) especially the larger patent ones seemed kind of cheap. They didn't look much different to what I'd see in Aldo BUT they were more expensive than Aldo. Shoes seemed okay, but I wasn't blown away. The little SLGs like the makeup bags and card cases were cute, but not a necessity.

I did not see the clutch you posted in person though so I can't comment on that! :|

50% off here too! Which is the only reason why I'm even considering buying something from them ha. Full price they are just way too expensive imo.

I'm glad you mentioned their bags though, I was eying one of their bags but kept putting it off because the handle and overall look to it seemed very cheap to me. I'm curious to see what size I am in TB, would make it really easy buying something from them if the sizes are consistent.

Thanks a lot for the comments guys, will keep this updated if I do end up getting one of these pieces!
How to cut layers in your hair and than screw up your once very beautiful hair cut!

"So when you cut it like this you get these angled bangs that look really great"
Nikon
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Postby MalinaNox » Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:00 pm

I have a Ted Baker dress and a make up bag. I love both. Nordstrom sells it in the US and they usually have good deals.
MalinaNox
Gossiper
Gossiper

Postby MissGossipGirl » Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:03 pm

I love Ted Baker, they are a luxury brand but not very high end if that makes any sense.
MissGossipGirl
Debater
Debater

Postby memebelushi128 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:45 am

I have a ted baker bracelet and a tote its so classy love it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
memebelushi128
Debater
Debater

• Advertisement

Return to Fashion Discussion